Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

Ah the good old using the drop tank to make ice cream thing. The Marines were especially guilty of doing that one.

Have some more of the Admiral Fubuki...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

It had been months since the disappearance of her Admiral. Each day that passed, Kongou could not help but think back to that horrible day where the Abyssals had managed to break through the defensive lines and attack the base directly. The feel of her Admira's wounded body in her cradled in the arms and how she could feel the broken bones of the woman shift. Warm blood that ran down her skin as her precious person bled out or coughed it up.

How she nearly slugged Mutsu and Nagato when the two Battleships held her back as the medics took away their Admiral.

There was been no word in regards to if she had survived or not. Since then, they had gotten a new Admiral but he was nothing like their old one. He was a very by the book one and kept a distance from the girls unlike their former one. They had even gotten a new Destroyer transferred in from another base, Fubuki. Though there was something about her that caused Kongou to frown, something familiar. Heck, Bucky, as she called her, kept trying to cheer Kongou up and often succeeding.

But she was still depressed and so one day, Haruna suggested that their Admiral would not want her so sad over her and perhaps she should think of the happy times. Kongou tried and it helped to an extent surprisingly. There was one story in particular their Admiral had once told Kongou when the two were sharing drinks. According to her, she was surprised that she got such attention now when she was so plain as a girl, even as a teen. Kongou had never believed her at the time and still didn't. And she had some time off, so why not investigate and see how wrong her Admiral had been? She had plenty of time off accrued after all. Which was what found the Battleship in a school library after a few days of research to track it down.

In fact, it was the very same school their Admiral had gone to as a fifteen year old.

Almost a half hour had passed, but Kongou now had a yearbook from when their Admiral was fifteen years old and going there. Opening it, she only took two minutes to find the picture belonging to her and froze at the face there. "Dess?"

Eyes wide, Kongou leaned in and boggled at what met her. Utter silence surrounded her as the clock ticked and almost another later, she snapped out of her surprise and looked at the wall in disbelief as she tried to comprehend what she had found. Slowly, she became thoughtful as one question kept asking itself in her mind over and over as she continued to look at the picture.

Why did her Admiral look exactly like Fubuki...?

Have some more of the Admiral Fubuki...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

It had been months since the disappearance of her Admiral. Each day that passed, Kongou could not help but think back to that horrible day where the Abyssals had managed to break through the defensive lines and attack the base directly. The feel of her Admira's wounded body in her cradled in the arms and how she could feel the broken bones of the woman shift. Warm blood that ran down her skin as her precious person bled out or coughed it up.

How she nearly slugged Mutsu and Nagato when the two Battleships held her back as the medics took away their Admiral.

There was been no word in regards to if she had survived or not. Since then, they had gotten a new Admiral but he was nothing like their old one. He was a very by the book one and kept a distance from the girls unlike their former one. They had even gotten a new Destroyer transferred in from another base, Fubuki. Though there was something about her that caused Kongou to frown, something familiar. Heck, Bucky, as she called her, kept trying to cheer Kongou up and often succeeding.

But she was still depressed and so one day, Haruna suggested that their Admiral would not want her so sad over her and perhaps she should think of the happy times. Kongou tried and it helped to an extent surprisingly. There was one story in particular their Admiral had once told Kongou when the two were sharing drinks. According to her, she was surprised that she got such attention now when she was so plain as a girl, even as a teen. Kongou had never believed her at the time and still didn't. And she had some time off, so why not investigate and see how wrong her Admiral had been? She had plenty of time off accrued after all. Which was what found the Battleship in a school library after a few days of research to track it down.

In fact, it was the very same school their Admiral had gone to as a fifteen year old.

Almost a half hour had passed, but Kongou now had a yearbook from when their Admiral was fifteen years old and going there. Opening it, she only took two minutes to find the picture belonging to her and froze at the face there. "Dess?"

Eyes wide, Kongou leaned in and boggled at what met her. Utter silence surrounded her as the clock ticked and almost another later, she snapped out of her surprise and looked at the wall in disbelief as she tried to comprehend what she had found. Slowly, she became thoughtful as one question kept asking itself in her mind over and over as she continued to look at the picture.

Why did her Admiral look exactly like Fubuki...?

Please tell me you will turn this into a (short) story?

I can see that going one of two ways...

And either is good for AdmiralBuki health....
Well, as Fubuki noted, she couldn't tell them even though she badly wanted to. The higher ups freaked when just as she died, she transformed into a shipgirl. They did not want to start off a panic about what happened so they covered it up. Fubuki even needed to call in favors from other Admirals and such to get herself assigned to her old base as a shipgirl, so that she could still watch over them best that she could.

Well, as Fubuki noted, she couldn't tell them even though she badly wanted to. The higher ups freaked when just as she died, she transformed into a shipgirl. They did not want to start off a panic about what happened so they covered it up. Fubuki even needed to call in favors from other Admirals and such to get herself assigned to her old base as a shipgirl, so that she could still watch over them best that she could.
well if someone just so happens to make the connection...
I mean she was an admiral, half their job involves rules lawyering.

I woke up with the name of a new fighting style in my head: Ketchup At Five Paces. The names of the inventors stuck in my head, too… and, as far as I'm concerned, just that will be Too Much Information. You see, it were Hammann and the Taffy 3 destroyers that came up with it. Yes, the same Hammann that is currently tending to Aby!Yorktown.

Oh, and as for a name for 'USS' Hiryuu, why not Drake? It's another word for a dragon, plus Sir Francis Drake, plus why should only the Brits have Drakes in the navy?

A new chapter of the 4-koma has been made available.

- Kamikaze and Harukaze makes their appearance.
- Fubuki passes them an invitation to the '-Kaze' destroyers fleet, which according to her "all they do is play tag."
- Both Kamikaze and Harukaze considers mechanical refrigerators as a luxury item.
- Kamikaze is reunited with the Myoukous. It's a happy reunion, but Hatsukaze is jealous. Nachi and Ashigara uses this as an excuse to drink. The pictures in this section is very very cute.
- Kamikaze seems to think that the modern DDs' serafukus can be used as the radar by extending the 'cape' part, and that she can do the same with her ribbons

A new chapter of the 4-koma has been made available.

- Kamikaze and Harukaze makes their appearance.
- Fubuki passes them an invitation to the '-Kaze' destroyers fleet, which according to her "all they do is play tag."
- Both Kamikaze and Harukaze considers mechanical refrigerators as a luxury item.
- Kamikaze is reunited with the Myoukous. It's a happy reunion, but Hatsukaze is jealous. Nachi and Ashigara uses this as an excuse to drink. The pictures in this section is very very cute.
- Kamikaze seems to think that the modern DDs' serafukus can be used as the radar by extending the 'cape' part, and that she can do the same with her ribbons
There's also a really cute picture at the end with the Myoukou sisters dressing Kamikaze in one of their purple uniforms.

Edit: here it is.

Last edited:
Hmm, been playing a bunch of FF:XV and having fun with it.

And I was wondering how the Kongou sisters would do going on a roadtrip around the world. Australia, Britain, India, Germany, China, America and the likes... They'd go and ride on an old pickup truck. Would make for a relaxing series of stories.

Hmm, been playing a bunch of FF:XV and having fun with it.

And I was wondering how the Kongou sisters would do going on a roadtrip around the world. Australia, Britain, India, Germany, China, America and the likes... They'd go and ride on an old pickup truck. Would make for a relaxing series of stories.

I would really love to read about that...if not write something like that myself. I'm just not confident about writing characters.

Back