Jeanne d'Arc: The Hundred-Years Waifu War

I just found this. Watched.

Also how long until Khorne starts yelling at Zerban?

Something something, all evil advisors/whatever have to wear everything but a neon sign that says they're evil, something about the heirs being the only ones with enough common sense to see this stuff, pretty sure there's a system for all this out there somewhere.
Interestingly, evil people in this game look evil before they actually become so (like Giles De Rais). It's very Calvinist.

To be honest this game isn't even in the top 60 irritating anime cliches things i've ever seen. It's a good little game with a easy difficulty curve, where the best way to be challenged is to end missions in 2 to 4 turns through the broken power +1 turn of armlet wielders (except that part where you can do the challenge missions early and get get defenestrated like it's the 30's year war). It also doesn't completely shit all over the history and mores of the time. Just mostly and makes englishmen literally hellspawn, but that's par for the course.

Ah except for the frog. Fuck the frog.

Last edited:
BTW the font being off and cutting words in the middle... that's because you don't have the official psp fonts on the right directory for the emulator to pick up.
$HOME/.config/ppsspp/PSP/flash0/font in linux

Because copying sony font is copyright infringement see :rolleyes:

search for 'sony psp fonts' and you shall find young one.

Last edited:
Interestingly, evil people in this game look evil before they actually become so [...]. It's very Calvinist.

To be honest this game isn't even in the top 60 irritating anime cliches things i've ever seen. It's a good little game with a easy difficulty curve, where the best way to be challenged is to end missions in 2 to 4 turns [...] (except that part where you can do the challenge missions early and get get defenestrated like it's the 30's year war). It also doesn't completely shit all over the history and mores of the time. Just mostly and makes englishmen literally hellspawn, but that's par for the course.

Ah except for the frog. Fuck the frog.
You're pretty generous with spoilers here you know? :eyebrow:

BTW the font being off and cutting words in the middle... that's because you don't have the official psp fonts on the right directory for the emulator to pick up.
$HOME/.config/ppsspp/PSP/flash0/font in linux

Because copying sony font is copyright infringement see :rolleyes:

search for 'sony psp fonts' and you shall find young one.
... He already fixed it. He explicitly said he did it.

You'd have to be skimming the thread pretty hard to miss that is going to happen.
Not really, for example I didn't know that
Gilles would betray the party during the game (since historically his fall from grace happened after Jeanne's death), nor that we will recruit other bracelet wielders.

You're pretty generous with spoilers here you know? :eyebrow:
Plot twist: It's not a spoiler unless you have out of universe information from history and then it's not a spoiler anyway.

Not really, for example I didn't know that
Gilles would betray the party during the game (since historically his fall from grace happened after Jeanne's death), nor that we will recruit other bracelet wielders.
You should read again. At no time i mentioned that or that other thing. But now you know from your own indignation. Aren't you glad?

Last edited:
Plot twist: It's not a spoiler unless you have out of universe information from history and then it's not a spoiler anyway.
But what's not known is how much of history the game's covering, so it's still a spoiler. Also, it's a game that's taken plenty of liberties with history already and works of fiction don't necessarily follow the historical events that may inspire them to the letter, so, still a fucking spoiler.

The point is that it's not a spoiler because i was not referring to the game but actual history. I was just pointing out that the game makes Gilles look refied anime evil before he actually is. I would actually say that even if he is a saint thorough the whole game (which he may or not be).

If you want to say that actual history is a spoiler i'd say you need to get a better education and (pretty out of line, i retract this) a little less sensitivity.

Spoiler: the english lose.

Last edited:
The point is that it's not a spoiler because i was not referring to the game but actual history. I was just pointing out that the game makes Gilles look refied anime evil before he actually is. I would actually say that even if he is a saint thorough the whole game (which he may or not be).

If you want to say that actual history is a spoiler i'd say you need to get a better education and a little less sensitivity.

Spoiler: the english lose.
:eyebrow:
Interestingly, evil people in this game look evil before they actually become so (like Giles De Rais). It's very Calvinist.
Just mostly and makes englishmen literally hellspawn, but that's par for the course.

Last edited:
If you're really curious i'm going to spoil you for real.

Gilles never actually turns evil in game. He gets to sacrifice himself to seal the demon with predictable results down the line from history at the end, but never actually becomes bugfuck crazy or even inner crazy on screen. I was purely referring to the character design in relation to history.

Also the demonic thing... really? Literally in the intro? FFS.

Last edited:
You should read again. At no time i mentioned that or that other thing. But now you know from your own indignation. Aren't you glad?
Your phrasing was very ambiguous: the "evil people in this game look evil before they actually become so" could be interpreted that people that look evil in the game will become evil in the game itself. A more unambiguous way of saying it would had been "evil people in this game look evil before the moment in history they actually became evil" or something like that.
For the second spoiler though, this time it's completely unambiguous:
by talking about "using the power of armlet wielders", it makes it clear that we'll control more than one character with a bracelet.

Look, I'm not trying to be an ass or accusing you of anything, I'm just asking to be more cautious with spoilers, that's all.

Last edited:
Uh, there are 5 armlets shown in the intro again. I mean yes, it's possible they're not in the tactical game wielded by different people but... uh... not very likely you know.

I agree I'm not really used to self censor minor things that seem obvious to me, but i guess other people might well disagree so it's safer not even to talk about it on a lp discussion, which i'm proceeding to do since i know the game back and forwards and have no real reason to read a LP. Ciao guys.

*grumble* if we remove what is obvious from 99.9% of games there is nothing left anyway *grumble*

Last edited:
Uh, there are 5 armlets shown in the intro again. I mean yes, it's possible they're not in the game wielded by different people but... uh... not very likely you know.

I agree I'm not really used to self censor minor things that seem obvious to me, but i guess other people might well disagree so it's safer not even to talk about it on a lp discussion, which i'm proceeding to do since i know the game back and forwards and have no real reason to read a LP. Ciao guys.
Of course, it was very likely that the two remaining bracelets would appear in the game (Jeanne have one, Creepy Uncle the second and Medieval Space Marine old guy had the third), but maybe the bad guys managed to kill or capture the wielders, of the wielders would only be NPCs.
But anyway, that's minor spoilers, so not much harm done, just let's all be cautious that's all! ;)

Back