Jeanne d'Arc: The Hundred-Years Waifu War

Tac strats are typically built to have large parties, balanced by allowing permadeath. Usually you fill these out with disposable mercs in the early game but this game doesn't allow you to get mercs or permadeath PCs so....

Yeah. Inertia I guess?

And you get a large cast, so that in addition to individual hero units who fall loosely within types, you generally get 3-4 of each standard warrior type as well (though there's only two thieves, and one's optional), so you can either optimize different facets (do you want the guy with high attack power or high defense? Do you want one of each type, or is it axebeasts ahoy?). Of course, the size of the army you field in each battle also steadily increases, as is typical for these games.

Honestly the large cast mostly makes sense mechanically. Since you don't have 'generic' units having a variety lets you take specialized teams to suit the needs of each map or let you pick your favourites to match your strategy. I think there is only like... one 'type' of character that you get an excess of and even then there is some justification.

I just coincidentally found the cover of the game, and damn it's actually fucking baddass!

It could almost passes for a Dark Soul game cover!

I noticed that. Whereas women in games often get boobplate armor, he got manboobplate armor.
That's actually a real piece of protection, it's a reinforced plate that knights wear in addition to their armor to prop the butt of their spear when they are charging on their horse, to avoid that the butt of the spear skids to the shoulder joints and break their collarbone. It also serves as an additional protection for the shoulder joints in sword battle. Gilles being a spearman and a noble, it stands to reason that he wears this piece of armor.
Although like the rest, it got though the ANIME! lens that stylized it, integrating them to the armor and putting them where his nipples are instead of the shoulder area like it should be.

Here's what it (albeit a fancy version) is supposed to look like in real life:

Last edited:
That's actually a real piece of protection, it's a reinforced plate that knights wear in addition to their armor to prop the butt of their spear when they are charging on their horse, to avoid that the butt of the spear skids to the shoulder joints and break his collarbone. It also serves as an additional protection for the shoulder joints in sword battle. Gilles being a spearman and a noble, it stands to reason that he wears this piece of armor.
Although like the rest, it got though the ANIME! lens that stylized it, integrating them to the armor and putting them where his nipples are instead of the shoulder area like it should be.

Here's what it (albeit a fancy version) is supposed to look like in real life:
It's obligatory that someone says it...

...Lewd!

So people keep calling whatshisname, robin? keep calling robin a reaper, and I have to ask, what's a reaper?

This is neat. This game is actually one of my best friends favorites. Oh, I'm going to say this Giles is more embarrassing then Caster.

I'm also going to say this Giles is more embarrassing for one very important reason. Caster is a Giles from after Jeanne dies and he's gone completely fucking bonkers with trying to be a black magician. Meanwhile this guy is from before he even met her and he already looks like he's got one foot in the crazy pool.

I mean hell this is what the guy looked like even a while deeper into the timeline in Fate.

Sure it's a boring look but at least you can see why the first two wouldn't raise any questions from Jeanne or the rest of the army.

I'm also going to say this Giles is more embarrassing for one very important reason. Caster is a Giles from after Jeanne dies and he's gone completely fucking bonkers with trying to be a black magician. Meanwhile this guy is from before he even met her and he already looks like he's got one foot in the crazy pool.

I mean hell this is what the guy looked like even a while deeper into the timeline in Fate.

Sure it's a boring look but at least you can see why the first two wouldn't raise any questions from Jeanne or the rest of the army.
My problem with that design is that the art style is completely different from everything else in Grand Order and the rest of Fate. But you're right, he at least looks normal.

My problem with that design is that the art style is completely different from everything else in Grand Order and the rest of Fate. But you're right, he at least looks normal.
I think he fits the artstyle fine, as must as you can fit an artstyle composed of literal dozens of different artists given free reign on what the fuck they were drawing for a given character.

Allah.

-Looks At My Bookshelf-

-Memories Flow-

... I finally remembered why I didn't continue playing this game further other than the Prologue.

It was just too Anime.

Back