Jace911 "Reviews" Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Errr...most of the anime I like haven't even gotten an English dub and the only good one I have heard is Black Lagoon. Also, I've got a small monitor and can read most subs fine >_>

Let's not get into the dub/sub debates, hmm?

It's so much more fun watching Jace911 go through this...

:V:grin::ogles::V:tongue::wink::V

Errr...most of the anime I like haven't even gotten an English dub and the only good one I have heard is Black Lagoon. Also, I've got a small monitor and can read most subs fine >_>

I'm not saying Dubs are better, but your missing out on some pretty good ones. Baccano is a great one.

I think the Madoka dub did well enough. Kyuubey's voice somehow stayed kind of weird with the Japanese and English voices so I'm okay with it.

When you see Sayaka leaving her apartment to do magical girl duty and Madoka waiting just outside don't you wonder "what the fuck are their parents thinking letting two teenage girls wander around in the middle of the night?"

My brother visited Japan in 2012. He made some relevant observations. One, while there is the usual morning rush hour when people go to work, there is no coresponding afternoon rush hour when people head home after work. Two, schoolkids wandering around after midnight, still in their uniforms, is a common sight.

My brother visited Japan in 2012. He made some relevant observations. One, while there is the usual morning rush hour when people go to work, there is no coresponding afternoon rush hour when people head home after work. Two, schoolkids wandering around after midnight, still in their uniforms, is a common sight.

Weird.

If episode six is any kind of indicator of the curve this show is going to be following I'm going to need a lot more booze before this thing is done.

And so much incomprehensible gibberish. I don't speak Japanese, therefore hearing it means as much to me as hearing Klingon or High Elven.
I don't speak Japanese either, but the emotion in the original voice acting feels a lot more genuine to me all the same. The dub's so stilted.

Guys, guys (and lady)

Please, don't derail this into a "sub vs dub" debate. You may all have your points, but some people prefers dubs and other people prefers subs for an almost infinite number of legitimate reasons. The point is enjoying the show, just like Jace is now.

Let's just leave it as that, okay?

Last edited:
Madoka in a nutshell:
Kyubey: Madoka, you must become Meguca.
Homura: No, I won't let her.
Kyubey: Homura you fucker!
Mami's severed head: Hey Madoka, you better decide on your wish or I'll have it be for a delicious cake!
Madoka: Mami that's a terrible wish!:p
Mami's severed head: *giggling*
Sayaka: If Madoka won't contract, I WILL CONTRACT!
Homura: ...Yes, you contract.

Back