Voting is open
The first thing we probably need to make sure of, is that none of us eat the food offer here. I don't really know how to go about it, but if the vision Sieg's saw also show the risk of eating seaborn then we have a reason now.

On the other hands, we also need to make sure none of the residence decide to go report us to the Inquisitor. We illegally enter, and I can't remember if that was ever a threat in High Tide, but the Inquisitor showed up at the end regardless... and Kal'tsit went to their prison in place of the Abyss Hunter... fuck. The only one who can removed the fairy just slip through our fingertips...

...Oh, wait, right, one of the Associations manages Fixer contracts. It was Tres or Oufi, I think. They're probably the Court that manages Fixer disputes and their consequences.
Oufi, most of the Office that work in District 10 (where J-Corp is) is also affiliated with them.

The first thing we probably need to make sure of, is that none of us eat the food offer here. I don't really know how to go about it, but if the vision Sieg's saw also show the risk of eating seaborn then we have a reason now.

Sieg's vision showed him that eat fish monster is bad and the bishop here is someone our cute blood fiend wanted to murder. They also were seen camping in a cave, so Capone could probably sniff out smoke or other civilization smells outside the town.

I am personally not sure what to do with the knight we rescued. I believe in game this was one of the random treasure hunters that got apprehended by the inquisition.

The two of you saw what eating them did to the citizens of Sal Viento. It was honestly creepy. But you can't keep going on for much longer. These things scrubbed the coast clean. There's not anything to put in your mouths for miles on end. Not even a single leaf, and you're not going to eat this... brand they have left in the sea floor. It's all that there seems to be. They ate the reeds, the crabs, everything has been scrubbed clean and replaced with something derived from them. What even are those things?

Sieg's vision showed him that eat fish monster is bad and the bishop here is someone our cute blood fiend wanted to murder. They also were seen camping in a cave, so Capone could probably sniff out smoke or other civilization smells outside the town.

I am personally not sure what to do with the knight we rescued. I believe in game this was one of the random treasure hunters that got apprehended by the inquisition.
Question here: Did you make a vote? Are any of you guys seeing it? Because it shows up when I see the thread in my phone, doesn't show up when I see it in my PC, and seemingly doesn't show up in the tally, but then it does? And then it doesn't when I make a new tally. SV is acting up. Right in the New Year is as good of a time as any, I guess.

Okay we got a gameplan then. At least, the first part down. We personally know that the knight know jack-shit, but Sieg himself doesn't know that. At best I can come up with is used him as a human shield.

Question here: Did you make a vote? Are any of you guys seeing it? Because it shows up when I see the thread in my phone, doesn't show up when I see it in my PC, and seemingly doesn't show up in the tally, but then it does? And then it doesn't when I make a new tally. SV is acting up, I guess.
I saw it, refresh the page and saw it gone.

Question here: Did you make a vote? Are any of you guys seeing it? Because it shows up when I see the thread in my phone, doesn't show up when I see it in my PC, and seemingly doesn't show up in the tally, but then it does? And then it doesn't when I make a new tally. SV is acting up. Right in the New Year is as good of a time as any, I guess.

I made a vote and deleted it because I thought wait this doesn't address the guy we just grabbed off and thought it didn't fit.

We can squeeze some more general Information that our mafia boy don't know about out of him.
We really just need more background Information or something like gossip and stuff too and our mafia boy aren't going to provide every single thing that we need.
Basically, I'm proposing that we try to Use small talks and gossip to casually dig the Information about the mirror Knight out for sieg to know so that after all this we can have a new plot line that we can go to.

If Sieg can identified that Linette is the Mirror Knight from gossip alone. Then that work. If nothing else, Sieg's knowledge of the world get expanded on. Also Sieg overcautious in learning how to used Art, due to oripathy which I suppose is fine, even if he can just used an art staff instead of becoming an infected. The Clinical Analysis in the Sidestory confirm those from the City can potentially get it oppose to those from the Rainbow Six event where the medical department agree not to disclosed it.

We won't be able to dodge the Inquisition unless we want to sit out everything because Dario and Irene will be running all over the place later trying to hunt down Skadi anthe Seaborn.

Knight guy is pretty useless ngl.
maybe if we fuck up and somehow awaken Ishar'mla we can throw him in the path of the horde and pray to god a big one trips on him or something.

Feels like there was a not insignificant timeskip here, thought we were going to Rhodes Island but I guess it'll work out since Kal'tsit is going to be coming over there too.

maybe if we fuck up and somehow awaken Ishar'mla we can throw him in the path of the horde and pray to god a big one trips on him or something.

Feels like there was a not insignificant timeskip here, thought we were going to Rhodes Island but I guess it'll work out since Kal'tsit is going to be coming over there too.
Sieg was like "Yeah I could go to Rhodes Island, but they need me right now so fuck my health"

[X] Plan: Available Intel
-[X] Hide the car.
-[X] Wake the guy up, he might know something.
--[X] Take him with you regardless of his answer. Having an extra body to throw at the monsters can only benefit you.
-[X] You know your friends are in a cave so start by searching cliffsides and anywhere else that's likely to have caves. Make use of Capone's enhanced senses to narrow down your choices so you don't have to enter every cave you find.

The best I could come up with the info Sieg knows in mind.

He can help carry our stuff. Another pack rat is always useful.
Then you hear a horn.

A car- one of those ugly as sin frames meant for rough terrain- drives through the wall of monsters. One of those acid-spitters is instantly crushed to paste under its wheels, and it drives towards you- wait, what? It's driving towards you?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uZS0WIQI7UU

[X] Plan: Earning Favor
-[X] Treat the mercenary's wounds while he's unconscious and offer him some food once he does wake up.
-[X] Ask him some questions regarding the local situation, the locals themselves, what those weird monsters were, and if he knows of any nearby caves that people could potentially hide in.
-[X] If you have any spare weapons, give him one and let him choose between going his own way or coming with you as a guide.
-[X] Start exploring the cliffsides and any other potential sites that have caves. Rely on Capone's improved senses to help find Wympe and Arabella.

Yellow Smog's probably one of the mercs that Dario and Irene executed after they learned that he saw the Seaborn and illegaly crossed the border into Iberia. His best bet right now is getting out of Iberia before the Inquisition finds him.

That, or stick with us since his knowledge of the local area could be pretty valuable. He's wounded though, so don't expect him to contribute much to a fight.

That aside, isn't Yellow Smog one of those mercs that Skadi killed during the Knights Treasure event?

Plan-wise, it's pretty simple. Earn some goodwill, then ask questions and potentially get a guide out of it, and then go find Wympe's and Arabella's last known location.

so, the rundown on Sal Viento:

it is a shithole.

It has been mostly abandoned by law enforcement. The church of the deep runs the place with no resistance. Half the people in the town are completely insane. iirc when skadi visited there was what, one person sane enough in the entire town to hold a conversation with her?

so, the rundown on Sal Viento:

it is a shithole.

It has been mostly abandoned by law enforcement. The church of the deep runs the place with no resistance. Half the people in the town are completely insane. iirc when skadi visited there was what, one person sane enough in the entire town to hold a conversation with her?
The harpe girl or an old man?

Speaking of Sal Viento. For the folks who don't play Arknights, the insanity in Sal Viento's citizens isn't about raving, mad cultists who'll gouge their own eyes out because the voices tell them too.

It's more about people who've become completely listless and hopeless, stuck eternally counting the tides and waiting for when the next meal comes. It's a society that has completely regressed and lost any semblance of art or culture, where the only concern is survival and staving off hunger. It's honestly a lot more distressing to watch than warhammer 40k style cultists.

Last edited:

Speaking of Sal Viento. For the folks who don't play Arknights, the insanity in Sal Viento's citizens isn't about raving, mad cultists who'll gouge their own eyes out because the voices tell them too.

It's more about people who've become completely listless and hopeless, stuck eternally counting the tides and waiting for when the next meal comes. It's a society that has completely regressed and lost any semblance of art or culture, where the only concern is survival and staving off hunger. It's honestly a lot more distressing to watch than warhammer 40k style cultists.

Isn't that more just normal desperation and depression than insanity?

Isn't that more just normal desperation and depression than insanity?
The people of Sal Viento are certainly depressed and desperate but that alone doesn't really describe the weird behaviors they've developed such as obsessively counting the tiles on the street, or renaming people with names such as "Wood Frame" and such.

Voting is open
Back