[X] Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padawan Anakin Skywalker.

[X] Plan 'See the Future, Change the Future'
-[X] Ancient Visions
-[X] A Father's Intrigue.

Loving the discussion so far!

I'd like to remind everyone that just because the Jedi come to Kamino for you doesn't mean you're going to be their highest priority. Remember, there's a huge ass clone army being made for the Republic that no one knew about!

So they're also going to be preoccupied dealing with that.

[X] Aayla and Kit.

[X] Plan 'See the Future, Change the Future'
-[X] Ancient Visions
-[X] Burning Spirit.

Last edited:
Loving the discussion so far!

I'd like to remind everyone that just because the Jedi come to Kamino for you doesn't mean you're going to be their highest priority. Remember, there's a huge ass clone army being made for the Republic that no one knew about!

So they're also going to be preoccupied dealing with that.
Damn right they are, but I figure that first impressions are important, and, well, Mace "Angriest Light Side Practitioner" Windu isn'T exactly the best first impression. And this might be the sort of case that the Council could be using as a test for both Aayla and Kit to see how they stand up as Jedi Knights, and if they are deserving of elevation to mastery (why else send two Knights to a case like this?)

Good on ya to point it out.

If I were to compare them, I would say Shatterpoint is very much an "in the now" sort of power. It helps you deal with the things happening around you as they occur.

The powers of the Voss mystic, on the other hand, are more focused on very clear visions of future events. This can be useful for planning, less so for combat. More of a forward thinking sort of power.

Edit: In terms of "gameplay" the Voss ability will you to vote on some of the obstacles you'll face in a mission beforehand, rather than me just railroading you with shit I came up with myself.

IIRC tho Shatterpoint let Mace Windu know that Killing the Count in the Arena was a bad idea because it'd cost them the 'Force War' in the long run, even through it'd win them the 'Clone Wars'.

So It does seem to cover things you're dealing with.
While I guess the Voss Mystic would tell you about the Clone Wars happening, Mace Windu would be able to know which actions would help you 'win' the wars you're in.

? Is that how they work?

IIRC tho Shatterpoint let Mace Windu know that Killing the Count in the Arena was a bad idea because it'd cost them the 'Force War' in the long run, even through it'd win them the 'Clone Wars'.

So It does seem to cover things you're dealing with.
While I guess the Voss Mystic would tell you about the Clone Wars happening, Mace Windu would be able to know which actions would help you 'win' the wars you're in.

? Is that how they work?

Eh, well the way it would work here is that using Voss powers would be seeing what's going to happen with great accuracy. You wouldn't need to have direct or prior contact with any of the relevant people/things/whatevers.

Shatterpoint will provide you with possibilities you need to work toward, buuut even your example counts as more of a here and now type thing I think. After all, Mace had that premonition while he was in the arena, not before he had touched down on the planet at all. He had to be there to see the Shatterpoints. (So as you're in a developing situation I'll let Shatterpoint give you insight on your opponent's weaknesses, or how to take advantage of a particular development)

Voss Force Powers would allow you to see something at the Arena days in advance during meditation. (So I would let you pick some of the things that would happen to you on a particular planet ahead of time)

I dunno if I'm making any sense and the nitty gritty details aren't hugely important, I just wanted to differentiate the two a bit.

So Shatterpoint is basically combat hyper awareness. The mind processes the immediate surroundings, crunches the numbers and figures out what would be the most optimal paths to 'victory'. It's then up to the user to choose how to proceed.

Too bad we don't have enough points for both Shatterpoint and Force Visions...

So Shatterpoint is basically combat hyper awareness. The mind processes the immediate surroundings, crunches the numbers and figures out what would be the most optimal paths to 'victory'. It's then up to the user to choose how to proceed.

Yeah so I guess...

Shatterpoint lets you make the most out of the hand we're dealt...

While Voss lets us pick / see a few cards ahead of time?

I'll pick Shatterpoint b/c it was really cool in the books. They both sound useful, but I kinda like it more.

[X] Aayla and Kit.
-[X] A Father's Intrigue
-[X] Burning Spirit.

I don't think Aayla and Kit would know about our uh, 'rogue' teacher. I also picked these b/c I like learning Shatterpoint, and I think Aayla and Kit were sent to confirm / see what the feelings were and report to the council. It'll be slower but the whole council will know for sure.

We only have 3 points to spend right?

[x] Aayla Secura and Kit Fisto
[x] Burning Spirit
[x] A Father's Intrigue

Obi wan and Anakin would have been the obvious choice. I like Mace Windu too but I am a bit scared of him. He probably wouldn't hesitate to end us if he senses that we are bad juju. Secura and Fisto are mostly bros.

Also I want shatterpoint.

Alright, I am convinced.

[x] Aayla Secura and Kit Fisto
[x] Burning Spirit
[x] A Father's Intrigue

They also let you destroy stuff they are on by striking the shatterpoints.

Gonna close the vote after my morning class ends in 5ish hours.

I lied I'm closing the vote now. Someone please tally the votes, I'm on a tablet! And roll a couple D20s!

One of the reasons why I think Shatterpoint works so well for them is that, ultimately, they are soldiers. Hell, they want to be soldiers. And that makes them creatures of the here-and-now, and enhanced here-and-now-ness, especially with an instinct for potential long-term ramifications, can only be benefical for them. No pulling a Sergeant Rico and shooting Scholar Palpatine.

One of the reasons why I think Shatterpoint works so well for them is that, ultimately, they are soldiers. Hell, they want to be soldiers. And that makes them creatures of the here-and-now, and enhanced here-and-now-ness, especially with an instinct for potential long-term ramifications, can only be benefical for them. No pulling a Sergeant Rico and shooting Scholar Palpatine.
Plus there's the whole ability to break stuff like say walls by hitting a shatterpoint on an object.

Back