Hyrule: Total War Apocalypse

Going to have to wait until after work to see how to balance purchase but the next level training ground and training missile troops are a must to me

Edit -
So training grounds, archers, send scouts southwest and one of the North directions probably northwest. Build a library and increase livestock production assuming that we only need positive food levels. That still leaves 1180 rupees and only uses 2 authority so another 10 to boost chances or take more options. So add raining rocks and that leaves 380 which we can bank to next turn when we want to train multiple units. 9 authority free so maybe training and boosting actions

Edit 2 looked at adding roads but that uses too much stone as we need stone for training grounds, raining rocks and library. Once one of those finishes we should grab the roads.

Last edited:
Ima just wait for you guys to do this economics and statistics are not my storng suite strategy and tactics are more my forte

Training grounds, archers, two scout actions, library, livestock production and raining rocks uses all of our advisers and 3 authority.

Uses 2800 rupees (assuming max cost for archers and raining rocks) 900 stone, 500 wood (assuming 100 wood for max archers) and 100 metal. Stone is our new bottleneck.

Okay, here is my idea for a beginning plan :

[ ] Plan more troops, more military, i really need to find a better name

Martial :

[ ] Establish Training Grounds lvl 2 - In order to train more skilled troops and keep up with the demand for more troops, the establishment of a more advanced training grounds is necessary.
Cost: 800 Rupees, 400 wood, 200 stone.
Time: 3 Turns
DC: small success 2-30, Medium success 31-60, large success 61-85, great success 86-99.
Reward: Can recruit and train more skilled troops, can recruit more troops at once, can build more advanced facilities, Chance of additional bonuses.

[] Train Light Infantry (bows + axe + shield) {bowmen/Skirmisher} - Train some Light Infantry. REMEMBER to pick what weapon they use plus whether or not they use a shield! (Level of skill/ability as well as numbers depends on roll.)
Cost: 50-500 rupees, +10-100 rupees upkeep {based on how many are trained} (Other resource costs too depending on weapon/shield choices, example: sword= metal, shield= wood, spear= wood +metal.)
Time: 1 turn
DC: small success 10-30, Medium success 31-60, large success 61-85, great success 86-99.
Reward: 100-1000 Light Infantry

Administration:

[] Stimulate Internal Trade - Spend some money funding merchants to try and increase trade in your new nation. It should increase your wealth in the long run.
Cost: 500 Rupees
Time: 1 Turn. takes 2 turns to take effect.
DC: small success 25-40, Medium success 41-60, large success 61-85, great success 86-99.
Reward: Increases trade income by 25-100% based on roll, Chance of increasing influence with either or both merchent/Lord factions.

Diplomacy:

[] Attempt to improve population morale - hold a feast, Throw a party, Create a holiday. Do whatever it takes to improve how happy people are and how much they like you.
Cost: 200 Rupees
Time: 1 Turn
DC: small success 45-60, Medium success 61-75, large success 75-90, great success 90-100.
Reward: success grants 1-4d50's to roll towards a 0/100 score +0/100 per every point of population morale in place, of improving population morale by +1. If you fail by too much you might lose 1 population morale instead.

[] Hylian dispersal - Spread the remaining Hylians throughout the Kingdoms many villages and few smaller towns. This will annoy the Hylian and Ordonian commoners a bit.
Cost: 300 rupees
TIme: 1 turn
DC: small success 15-30, Medium success 31-60, large success 61-85, great success 86-99.
Reward: +300 rupee tax income, chance of -1 influence with Hylian commoners, Ordonian commoners will feel less loyalty to Link, Refugee maluses removed.

Intrigue:
[] Train scouts - Train scouts to look into the various surrounding areas and try to find SOMEBODY!
Cost: 200 Rupees +50 rupees upkeep
DC: small success 15-30, Medium success 31-60, large success 61-85, great success 86-99.
Reward: 1 scouting party to send where you wish.

[] Send scouts Northwest - Send scouts towards the old Hyrule fields and lake to see if anything or anyone survived out there and to map out the land. Who knows, maybe someone somehow DID survive... if not your sure you will find some resources out there.
Cost: 100 Rupees, 1 scouting party

[] Send scouts southwest - Perhaps you should send some scouts in the direction of the Moblin lands. This will give you an idea of what they might be doing and if they are preparing to invade you at the moment. Though it won't give you much of a warning, you will need to send a party INTO their lands for that.
Cost: 100 Rupees, 1 scouting party

Research

[] Build a Library - Build a Library to store all the books you can possibly find.
Cost: 300 Rupees, 200 stone, 100 wood.
Time: 2 turns
Reward: +3 to any future research actions, +5 to finding a research advisor, +5 to training research stat.

So this is my plan to begin, remember that it's only a try. I hesitated to make horse archers but after reflexion i think that for th emomennt normal archers will be more easy to make. Increase internal trade could be a good idea but i'm not sure. Improve population morale mitigeate the effect of spreading hylians, who give us a +300 of taxes but make lost influence with them.

Send scouts in the norwest seem a good idea to begin to explore in direction of lanayru and send them go to explore moblins lands should give us more ideas on their preparations and how many times we have before their begin to attack us.

I prefer cavalry technologies research because i think that it's this that we need more that a library, we could always creat it in peace time, for the moment we need to prepare for war and i think that cavalry will have an important role in our military doctrine.

i thinked about trebuchet but i'm not sure that it's the best, my idea is that it's better for us to defeat moblin on battles more than in siege, what do you think peoples ?

Last edited:
Training grounds, archers, two scout actions, library, livestock production and raining rocks uses all of our advisers and 3 authority.

Uses 2800 rupees (assuming max cost for archers and raining rocks) 900 stone, 500 wood (assuming 100 wood for max archers) and 100 metal. Stone is our new bottleneck.
yes and I can confirm 0 extra stone resources in the entire kingdom. (with its current size anyway.)

also archers will cost more wood than that, plus depending on if you want metal arrowheads for increased effectiveness you will use more metal (if you are not counting that in the metal costs.)

Finally I have added the Heavy cavalry to the army page and updated the Hoplites to show everything they have 4/10 or higher effectiveness at.

Library adds bonuses to research rolls making it easier to hit higher success levels. Also additional scouts take upkeep we could use elsewhere for buildings and military units. I am leery at the dispersal due to reduced loyalty which I assume is separate from influence.

Also @san what would the wood and metal cost be for a full unit of archers,light armor as well.

And since our people are good archers do we have better then normal bows?

Library adds bonuses to research rolls making it easier to hit higher success levels. Also additional scouts take upkeep we could use elsewhere for buildings and military units. I am leery at the dispersal due to reduced loyalty which I assume is separate from influence.

Also @san what would the wood and metal cost be for a full unit of archers,light armor as well.

And since our people are good archers do we have better then normal bows?
that shows more in technology, but your militia are already better than your melee infantry and you have better bow technologies than you Eldin or Lanayru or some other provinces yes... though Kokiri completely destroys you there.

for 1000 light archers? 200 wood, 100 metal, so not too bad.

Last edited:
After reflexion of Void Stalker i change cavalry research for library. If it help us for future research it's a good idea to take it won and it doesn't cost to much.

that shows more in technology, but your militia are already better than your infantry and you have better bow technologies than you Eldin or Lanayru or some other provinces yes... though Kokiri completely destroys you there.

I'm not sure to understand, it's mean that it's better to train bowmen militia than bowmen professionnal soldiers ?

I'm not sure to understand, it's mean that it's better to train bowmen militia than bowmen professionnal soldiers ?
no, it means the militia in your nation armed with bows are better than your militia armed with melee weapons.

the ones with bows have 2/10 role effectiveness, the ones with melee weapons are 1/10 role effectiveness. Cavalry is 2/10 effectiveness, and the bow cavalry militia is 3/10 effectiveness.

HOWEVER! this does not affect professional troops in any way, they have this because they were able to get far more practise at these roles that other roles through hunting or riding.

no, it means the militia in your nation armed with bows are better than your militia armed with melee weapons.

the ones with bows have 2/10 role effectiveness, the ones with melee weapons are 1/10 role effectiveness. Cavalry is 2/10 effectiveness, and the bow cavalry militia is 3/10 effectiveness.

HOWEVER! this does not affect professional troops in any way, they have this because they were able to get far more practise at these roles that other roles through hunting or riding.

Ok, it's what i'm thinked but i wanted to be sure ^^

Initially i wanted make bow cavalry or more heavy cavalry this turn but i think that bow infantry could be useful too; i'm always to make cavalry the center of our forces but i think that make some infantry well train and well equipp to guard our capital, hold the line and give at our cavalry a place where retreat is a good complementarity.

Speaking cavalry WHERE IS EPONA!!!!!!!
running through your kingdom while you are busy so she can exercise and have fun maybe? Link doesn't keep track of her too much she is nearly wild wth how free willed she is and Link would never force her into a stable for long periods of time.

She has an open stable in the capital for when she wants to come and everyone knows she is your horse.

[] Plan Insert Name Here
-[ ] Establish Training Grounds lvl 2 - In order to train more skilled troops and keep up with the demand for more troops, the establishment of a more advanced training grounds is necessary.
--[] Assign Rusl
-[] Train Light Infantry (Bow + Gladius-sword + light armor) - Train some Light Infantry. REMEMBER to pick what weapon they use plus whether or not they use a shield! (Level of skill/ability as well as numbers depends on roll.) MAX: 10
--[] Assign Imperial Authority
-[] Stimulate Internal Trade - Spend some money funding merchants to try and increase trade in your new nation. It should increase your wealth in the long run.
--[] Assign Malo
-[] Build Stone Road network throughout Ordona - Build Stone roads throughout your kingdom, this will stimulate trade and let you move armies around much faster.
-[ ] Build MORE lumber camps - The Kokiri forest and the towns nearby it used to provide most of the lumber for Hyrule. While your people have always harvested some wood from the nearby Faron woods, with your people cut off from Hyrule it is time you established proper lumber camps.
-[] Hylian dispersal - Spread the remaining Hylians throughout the Kingdoms many villages and few smaller towns. This will annoy the Hylian and Ordonian commoners a bit.
--[] Assign Mayor Bo
-[] Send scouts southwest - Perhaps you should send some scouts in the direction of the Moblin lands. This will give you an idea of what they might be doing and if they are preparing to invade you at the moment. Though it won't give you much of a warning, you will need to send a party INTO their lands for that.
--[] Assign Telma
-[] Send scouts Northwest - Send scouts towards the old Hyrule fields and lake to see if anything or anyone survived out there and to map out the land. Who knows, maybe someone somehow DID survive... if not your sure you will find some resources out there.
-[] Searching for a Spouse - Try to find someone to marry and have kids with. *Lustful trait starting to act up! if you do not find a wife this year may result in some racial influence loss from an incident!*

Projected Costs
Rupees: 2900
Wood: 600
Stone: 600
Metal: 200

Last edited:
[] Plan Insert Name Here
-[ ] Establish Training Grounds lvl 2 - In order to train more skilled troops and keep up with the demand for more troops, the establishment of a more advanced training grounds is necessary.
--[] Assign Rusl
-[] Train Light Infantry (bows + axe + shield) {bowmen/Skirmisher} - Train some Light Infantry. REMEMBER to pick what weapon they use plus whether or not they use a shield! (Level of skill/ability as well as numbers depends on roll.) MAX: 10
-[] Stimulate Internal Trade - Spend some money funding merchants to try and increase trade in your new nation. It should increase your wealth in the long run.
--[] Assign Malo
-[] Build Stone Road network throughout Ordona - Build Stone roads throughout your kingdom, this will stimulate trade and let you move armies around much faster.
-[ ] Build MORE lumber camps - The Kokiri forest and the towns nearby it used to provide most of the lumber for Hyrule. While your people have always harvested some wood from the nearby Faron woods, with your people cut off from Hyrule it is time you established proper lumber camps.
-[] Hylian dispersal - Spread the remaining Hylians throughout the Kingdoms many villages and few smaller towns. This will annoy the Hylian and Ordonian commoners a bit.
--[] Assign Mayor Bo
-[] Send scouts southwest - Perhaps you should send some scouts in the direction of the Moblin lands. This will give you an idea of what they might be doing and if they are preparing to invade you at the moment. Though it won't give you much of a warning, you will need to send a party INTO their lands for that.
--[] Assign Telma
-[] Send scouts Northwest - Send scouts towards the old Hyrule fields and lake to see if anything or anyone survived out there and to map out the land. Who knows, maybe someone somehow DID survive... if not your sure you will find some resources out there.
-[] Searching for a Spouse - Try to find someone to marry and have kids with. *Lustful trait starting to act up! if you do not find a wife this year may result in some racial influence loss from an incident!*

Projected Costs
Rupees: 2900
Wood: 600
Stone: 600
Metal: 200

My only nitpick is that we're kinda fine when it comes to wood... I'd change lumber camps for livestock prodiction. Also, we could use a library, but in rest, I think it's a fine plan... Anyone else have other opinions about this plan?

ok guys the fk is up with everyone wanting AXES! of all things... you guys realize that unless they are polearms they are an outright inferior battlefield weapon? your better off with spears or longswords, or short swords or something. Also light infantry shields are super small.

like this size:

Last edited:
Ok everyone i just confirmed that MIDNA FACTION does exist!!!

How ? I admit that interest me

My only nitpick is that we're kinda fine when it comes to wood... I'd change lumber camps for livestock prodiction. Also, we could use a library, but in rest, I think it's a fine plan... Anyone else have other opinions about this plan?

I have same objections than yours, but in addition I do not agree with the "search for spouse". Like i explained i think it's a waste for the moment.

ok guys the fk is up with everyone wanting AXES! of all things... you guys realize that unless they are polearms they are an outright inferior battlefield weapon? your better off with spears or longswords, or short swords or something.

Why ? I don't see why their are worst weapons than sword. They are better againt armor opponents at my eyes than swords.

I have same objections than yours, but in addition I do not agree with the "search for spouse". Like i explained i think it's a waste for the moment.

And like I've said earlier, I think we should not gamble on our lust trait not to cause us big problems, so I'd rather marry now and avoid any potential authority loss.

ok guys the fk is up with everyone wanting AXES! of all things... you guys realize that unless they are polearms they are an outright inferior battlefield weapon? your better off with spears or longswords, or short swords or something.
Unless you give us a list of the value of weapons in the warfare of this quest, an axe is a perfectly valid option for light infantry.

How ? I admit that interest me
Uhh san is a sv friend and not so important info comes by sometimes when we chat i ask permission though respect.
And like I've said earlier, I think we should not gamble on our lust trait not to cause us big problems, so I'd rather marry now and avoid any potential authority loss.
Heres the thing if we marry now ordonians will have problems with our lust and not Hylians so better find a zora or hylian or one of other long lived races

I suggest the 5 turns maximum afte rmoblin attack alternative since link lives double ordonian life span

Last edited:

I don't see why you are so worry about this, yes it can cause problems but it's less damaging than lost opportunities to gain territories and alliances.

Heres the thing if we marry now ordonians will have problems with our lust and not Hylians so better find a zora or hylian or one of other long lived races

Another good point here for waiting.

@whydoyoubother Here's how I would modify your plan...

[] Plan Insert Name Here
-[] Establish Training Grounds lvl 2 - In order to train more skilled troops and keep up with the demand for more troops, the establishment of a more advanced training grounds is necessary.
--[] Assign Rusl
-[] Train Light Infantry (bows + axe + shield) {bowmen/Skirmisher} - Train some Light Infantry. REMEMBER to pick what weapon they use plus whether or not they use a shield! (Level of skill/ability as well as numbers depends on roll.) MAX: 10
--[] Assign Malo
-[] Increase Livestock Production - Just about every race loves meat and dairy except perhaps the Zora and would be happy with more affordable meat. Invest money to increase production.
--[] Assign Mayor Bo
--[] Assign Telma
-[] Build a Library - Build a Library to store all the books you can possibly find.
--[] Assign Shad

Costs: Same amount of rupees as you original plan (aka 2900), 700 wood, 800 stone and 200 metal

Would these modifications be fine with you?

Back