Sadly I suspect one site just made up the idea, and a bunch then copied it. Tho I guess we will see....

I HOPE it's made up, or at least the part about Stan in Utau's classic outfit. Stan Lee does not seem the type of guy who'd look good in a toga.

Last edited:
I HOPE it's made up, or at least the part about Stan in Utau's classic outfit. Stan Lee does not seem the type of guy who'd look good in a toga
I think I found a site that said they had seen it, but it was him in a Uatu-style space suit on the moon with three other watchers, and he brings up the Fed-Ex thing.
Stan Lee's Cameo in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Pretty Much Confirms a Popular Fan Theory
Here. Best to put things in spoilers, to be safe.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to why Nebula is there. *lol* She's not the hero type. Unless she's playing them and betrays them in the end...

Well....

COMIC BOOK SPOILERS

He pretty much dumps her once she's no longer useful. She ends up hating his guts in canon. If Thanos did the same it might explain her changing sides.

Well....

COMIC BOOK SPOILERS

He pretty much dumps her once she's no longer useful. She ends up hating his guts in canon. If Thanos did the same it might explain her changing sides.
Might have done that for Nebula siding with Ronan when he plotted to kill Thanos after destroying Xandar in the first film after taking the Power Stone for himself. Maybe it'll be referenced to in the second film that she went back to Thanos who called her a traitor.

Last edited:
So I just got back from seeing the movie a day early from its actual release in Australia.

Overall, it's... eh, 7/10. The aesthetics are as lovely as the aesthetics from the first film, if not better, and the interactions between the cast members were probably even more interesting than in the first film, but... the plot itself was just so forgettable.

The villain was, while theoretically powerful, also just really boring. I'm fairly sure you could cut 90% of each scene and not really lose much of value to the overall story. And just overall it wasn't really... that great.

But what would otherwise be a solid 5/10 was uplifted into a 7/10 from what turned out to be a surprisingly somber and genuinely emotionally impactful finale, which substantially boosted my overall opinion of the movie.

It's... probably one of the better Marvel films, but it's also kind of forgettable.

So I just got back from seeing the movie a day early from its actual release in Australia.

Overall, it's... eh, 7/10. The aesthetics are as lovely as the aesthetics from the first film, if not better, and the interactions between the cast members were probably even more interesting than in the first film, but... the plot itself was just so forgettable.

The villain was, while theoretically powerful, also just really boring. I'm fairly sure you could cut 90% of each scene and not really lose much of value to the overall story. And just overall it wasn't really... that great.

But what would otherwise be a solid 5/10 was uplifted into a 7/10 from what turned out to be a surprisingly somber and genuinely emotionally impactful finale, which substantially boosted my overall opinion of the movie.

It's... probably one of the better Marvel films, but it's also kind of forgettable.

Hrm, I guess, interesting context for this would be what you'd give Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 1.

...because depending on that it might just be a difference in taste? So I'm not sure! Like, if you'd give GOTG a 6 and this a 7, that means, "It's even better!"[1]

[1] For someone who loved the first one, whereas if you gave the first one an '8' then it's not as good, if that makes sense? You've said at least some aspects are better.

I'd give the original a 7.5/10, roughly, as the original's plot had more weight to it even if it was still forgettable.

Although if there is one condemnation of the movie I can offer;

For all the promise brought up by the movie, the climactic battle scene was so uninspired that I can honestly and truthfully say that the Green Lantern movie had a more inspired climactic battle scene.

Although if there is one condemnation of the movie I can offer;

For all the promise brought up by the movie, the climactic battle scene was so uninspired that I can honestly and truthfully say that the Green Lantern movie had a more inspired climactic battle scene.

The end-of-film smashup in GoTG 1was pretty bad too. At least Gunn and co are consistent :V

Ok. Home and had a few things to think about it. (crossposted from SB)

First of all, I liked it.

Go watch it, its a great movie.

But it really feels like the part 3 'finale' to a Guardians of the Galaxy Trilogy to me, rather then something that works as a direct sequel to the first one. It really feels like there is a missing movie we never saw, that has a couple of run ins with Yondu ravagers, sets up the Archers Melancholy, and generally shows the Guardians setting up their reputation for work as mercenaries and shows more of Yondu and Peters backstory/more somber side/sets up bonding with him and Rocket.

This hypothetical second movie would also show more of Peters dad issues, and have the final scene be what was the opening of this one (the Sovereign Job, ending with Ego nuking the drones and saying hes Peters father. It really thinks there is a lot of set up missing, which really could have paid off in this movie.

Also, fuck the Ego vs Peter fight. Seriously, its Guardians of the Galaxy, not Peter Quill and friends. While he is meant to be the main focal character, his response to the Ego Power should have been the same as his response to the Gem... share it with his Family. Not have stupid out of place Man of Steel style punch ups without the scenery such fights deserve. Each of the team members could have done something different and cool with 'the light' while smacking down Sovereign ships and fighting an entire planet.

Seriously those Sovereign ships must have had armor made from tissue paper, considering peter could threaten them with hand held weapons. It makes your main villain look worse if his best feat could be matched by enough gangbangers with guns.

It really does feel like this movie (to me) was missing a decent 'all guardians fight' style scene like the Prison in the last film. For something with a theme of family and love, they spend perhaps a bit too much time separated

But thats just like my opinion man.

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing the film. It's just as good as GOTG 1 was. I give it 10/10.

I will definitely see it again in a week or two.

Reads p-raise.
Lets look up the price...7.50 EURO FOR A TICKET!?
JESUS these prices make communism look like a good idea. Keep i mind, i am not in a uber bloated paychecks first world super power here.
I am going to see it now anyway, but MAN i am going to hate myself tomorrow for the expenses.

Reads p-raise.
JESUS these prices make communism look like a good idea. Keep i mind, i am not in a uber bloated paychecks first world super power here.
I am going to see it now anyway, but MAN i am going to hate myself tomorrow for the expenses.
7.50 is not that much of a price compared to other countries. I have a lot of money so I could easily afford the price for me and my father when we saw the film. I was to go with my nephews and their dad, but one of my nephews got injured riding a bike, well I'll see with them in a few weeks when he's all better.

Reads p-raise.

I had to pay 14.70 myself when going to a big city cinema to see this, and my smalltown cinema usually goes for 9.50.

Back