I really love this, but I feel Martial arts fits the character as a concept a lot better then Martial Arts.
You're probably right. I went for Combat since it seemed like a concept with more types of uses, but I'd be willing to change it over to Martial Arts instead. I don't see much of a difference between the two.
A valid possibility - the naming scheme usually goes, "X, the Arm of Z," but this name is also acceptable!
Thanks! I was looking at the examples given, and especially at Armigierre to get a sense of the types of names. The Steel Arm fit so well since it was both a sword and a bracelet, that I thought the names would be more varied and applicable to the whole weapon. I didn't notice that Caduceus had Arm of Healing too, lol!

[ ] Name: Eleutherius, the Arm of Freedom
-[ ] Form: Gauntlet
-[ ] Concepts: Martial Arts, Conviction, Freedom
-[ ] Inspiration: Self

Invocations:
* Give Purpose - Passive Invocation. Choose a specific mission to accomplish. Every action taken that directly contributes to accomplishing said mission is improved. Cannot change the mission until you either complete it, find it impossible to accomplish or accomplish a single appreciable milestone in fulfilling said goal.
* Broken Chains - Passive Invocation. Any attempt the user does to get themselves or others out of a constraining situation (be it physical, social or metaphysical) will find it more likely to succeed.
* Punch the Heavens - Active Invocation. The user gives a single, straight punch with his gauntlet, using all their strength. Increases user's strength, speed and endurance during and immediately after said punch. Theoretically possible to punch anything (including conceptual or legal entities) but you wouldn't be able to pay for this even if you knew how to do it right now.
* Go - Active Invocation. Point your gauntlet to any direction, and you'll find your movement in that direction immensely fast and (nearly) unstoppable. Kilometers will pass, walls will break, and you'll keep going. Theoretically possible to use it for flight, but it's both relatively hard to control and not as effective as running.

Honestly not sure about this, but hey- it's an Arm.

Last edited:
[X] Name: Pax Bellum, the Suppressed Strike
-[X] Form(s): Tekko, Flower
-[X] Concept(s): Willpower, Cultivation, Martial Arts
-[X] Inspiration: Self

Changed Combat to Martial Arts on my Arm.

Now, to think up some invocations that could come with my arm.

*Form 1: Planting (Tekko Form) - User settles into a guarded stance with both feet planted firmly on the ground, and cannot leave the spot where the technique was initiated until it is used. The longer the user stays in that form, the more energy they gain, which can be used as a burst when the technique is ended. The energy can be used to enhance strength, speed, and durability. However, while the more energy a user has, the more pronounced the effects, the faster the energy drains, making it more suited for initiating and ending fights quickly.

*Form 1: Planting (Flower Form): The Flower is planted in a suitable place, which has enough nutrients and daylight to grow. While the Flower is planted, it slowly gains a reservoir of energy which can be used to enhance strength, speed, durability, and maybe more. The energy can be used with the Arm in Tekko mode, or more inefficiently with the Arm in Flower mode. The energy can continue to be accumulated with no end, but only a certain amount can be accessed in a certain period of time. The amount which can be utilized depends on how long the Flower has been planted.

So, my idea with this Invocation is that in Tekko form, it's pretty fast charging which is used up very quickly, but in Flower form you can continue to get energy as long as it's planted, but since you can only access a certain amount at a time it's better to use it for a lower strength general body enhancement than quick bursts like the other. I also included the part of 'a certain amount can be used at a time depending on how long it's been planted' to
1. Prevent it from being too OP, and
2. Reinforce the 'Retired Samurai' schtick, with longer periods of peace corresponding with an equivalent beatdown on those who disrupt the peace.

*Dedication (Tekko Form) - In a fight, as long as the user's willpower and determination does not falter, all allies will gain a small/moderate (undecided) increase in fighting ability. However, should an ally's own will to fight falter, all the bonuses will be taken away. Should the user's own willpower falter, then all allies' bonuses will be taken away.

*Dedication (Flower Form) - If the Flower is planted in an appropriate place, then any training occurring near it will be heightened in effectiveness. The User and anyone who is designated as an ally will learn martial arts more quickly, recognize new applications for their abilities (if any) and be more motivated to train. Additionally, for the User and his allies who train for a long period of time near the flower, they will slowly begin to increase their physical abilities permanently. It takes long periods of time, however eventually unenhanced allies may be able to reach peak-human or even beyond.

This one I'm pretty iffy about, it's probably overpowered in its Flower Form, but maybe making it take increasingly large amounts of time would help. My idea for this one was a buff for Zane and his allies, and it corresponds pretty well with all 3 concepts. Any thoughts, @Birdsie? They probably have to be toned down a lot to not be overpowered, but idk.

I've got a Devil May Cry inspired setup I want to try

Edit: Maybe I should ditch Martial Arts here? Or Swords? Maybe Martial Arts is martial arts with the extra wings incorporated? While Swords is the more Lucifer inspired setup.

[X] Pinion, Arm of Freedom
-[X] Form(s): Angel Wings
-[X] Concept(s): Martial Arts, Swords, Detonation, Freedom
-[X] Inspiration: Lotus Maiden

I'm going for Lucifer from Devil May Cry 4.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6UaPnRYcc

View: https://youtu.be/XmXlEigpW-U?t=159

Last edited:
the potential to become a Cultivator in a setting that lacks them seems interesting. Could this be a backdoor into a power system? albeit one that is locked, with slower ramp up.

Eh. I'll just add a Gauntlets mode.

-[X] Form(s): Angel Wings, Gauntlets

why do you have swords as a concept, but not as a form?

I'm trying to make the Angel wings dispense exploding swords for throwing/shoot exploding swords at people. Still seems like a decent alternative to Gauntlets to try, thanks for the suggestion

-[X] Form(s): Angel Wings, Rapier

Last edited:

-[X] Form(s): Angel Wings, Rapier
picked because it has freedom as a Concept, potentially giving us the option of running away and so, hopefully, a chance of survival if we run far enough.
we can always return later once we're strong enough to avoid dying. I'm more inclined for a Self-inspired than a Lotus-inspired one, but there isn't an existing self+freedom plan and I seem to have missed the initial voting period where I'd be most likely to capture a bunch of agreement for anything new.

For anyone who wasn't in Discord Motorcycles are a valid weapon form. There's a Dragon Champion Freedom type arm example there. Birdsie did a simple example that can be tuned pretty easily to self based arm with more concepts

[Name], the Arm of Freedom
Form: Zweihander, Motorbike
Inspiration: Pyldret
Concept: Freedom

[X] Name: Shuiyiwai (水以外)- Beyond Water, The Boundless Arm
-[X] Form(s): Motorcycle, Zanmadao
-[X] Concept(s): Adaptation, Alacrity, Freedom, Combat

'Be water' he says, so I did. Now I ride it.

Last edited:
New proposal:
If Motorcycles- a form dependent on internal chemical reactions and, depending on the motorcycle, computational ability; Additionally, a form that is not fully physically contiguous, as is necessary for the wheels to rotate- is a valid form, then I propose:

[X] Name: Zane Li Black, The Recursive Arm
-[X] Form(s): several more Zane Li Blacks.
-[X] Concept(s): Zane Li Black.
(Zane Li Black as a concept presumably encompasses everything about Zane, including his desire for freedom, his martial ability, and his newfound connection to the lotus maiden, so no further concepts are necessary.
I heard you liked Zane Li Blacks, so I put a Zane Li Black in your Zane Li Black so you can command Zane Li Black while you command Zane Li Black.
this may also allow us to master the legendary self-defeating stance by beating ourself up. The self-defeating stance is strongly correlated with godlike power, you know.)

Any thoughts on Gauntlets/Boots and whether or not that counts as a potentially synergistic set of forms? Switching to augmenting fists vs feet in the middle of a fight?

[X] Name: Shuiyiwai (水以外)- Beyond Water, The Boundless Arm
-[X] Form(s): Motorcycle, Zanmadao
-[X] Concept(s): Adaptation, Alacrity, Freedom, Combat

The Zhanmadao is a dope weapon, not too edgy, not too overly unique. Just BIIIG sword.

I'm not too sure on the amount of concepts, though. It feels a bit diluted.

Edit:
I sort of agree with @OctarineShrike, I'd consider swapping one or two of the concepts for conviction from the recommended list.

But I also want the vote to win and I'm not sure if altered votes would count.

Last edited:
Ruthlessness? Deception(We're being hunted by a superior foe)? Conviction? Alacrity(We have a motorcycle, let's make it transcendentally fast)?

Edit: Maybe actually use Water or Earth or Wood/Nature.

Edit2: @MoonSerpent How about Gravity as a replacement for Progression?

Last edited:
Ruthlessness? Deception(We're being hunted by a superior foe)? Conviction? Alacrity(We have a motorcycle, let's make it transcendentally fast)?

Edit: Maybe actually use Water or Earth or Wood/Nature.

Alacrity's good, but maybe a concept-something to encompass the blitzkrieglikness we tend to do…
Oh, you can actually stick in water element itself?

Alacrity's good, but maybe a concept-something to encompass the blitzkrieglikness we tend to do…
Oh, you can actually stick in water element itself?

Potentially. Birdsies list is recommendations, stuff that should be presumed to be automatically valid with Self-sourcing. You can come up with other stuff and as long as it doesn't go against Zane's essential nature if you're using self or possibly doesn't seem like too overpowered a term it'll probably work.

If you think something will go against Zane's nature but can be used for public spirited reasons you can take the Lotus Maiden. Basically anything goes if you have Lotus Maiden as the source but you can't use her power to make the world a worse place.

Back