Falling Iron (IM MCU/WORM)

Iron Man's first patrol

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kalaong said:
...Do all the Endbringers take cues from Simurgh? Because "great impact on the future" implies, first, that Brockton Bay is about to get SPAMMED by Endbringers. And second, that the PRT will quickly realize that Tony is the cause.
Endbringers follow rules:

1) One Endbringer doesn't attack twice in a row (only one endbringer attacks at one time)

2) Endbringers don't attack the same place twice in a row

3) Endbringers generally attack places that have experienced a lot of conflict recentlt

4) If heroes present sufficient enough effort against them (do enough ultimately pointless damage) the attacking endbringer will peave, even if it didn't achieve its goal.

5) Endbringers attack once about every three-four months.

So no, Brockton Bay won't be spammed by them.

Selonianth said:
I'm only saying that she is, in fact, capable of doing it. Unless you can think of a reason why she isn't CAPABLE, other than 'because it hasn't happened' you do not win this.
She might be capable of it. Not is capable of it. Stop equating speculation with fact.
For all we know butterfly effect means that a precog farting in China causes a gust that can blow her feather of course. Her feathers might simply not be dense enough either. The really dense parts of Endbringers are deeper in, after all. And, you know, her main M.O. is fucking with people's heads, not caving said heads in.

Odysseus2099 said:
It would be less complicated than a lot of the stuff she has done. Could be the only reason she hasn't is because she hasn't had the need to. She always got plenty of warning before a new threat showed up prior to this, and Endbringers are known to hide their true abilities for years, only to suddenly show it when it would cause the most damage. Could be that Tony is the first threat where that's actually necessary.

I never said relativistic, with precog she could just let it drift slowly down through the atmosphere, the wind currents carrying it just as she predicted, to land in the middle of the road next to a shop where Tony is buying Ice Cream, causing a driver to freak out and try to dodge it, and plow through the shop's window causing shattered glass to spray across the room, one of which just happens to lodge in Tony's jugular.

Not so much said as implied by 1. Alan and 2. the abandoned Moon Base.
I'm seeing a lot of "could" in there, and not nearly enough "can".

While Simurgh's precognition is very good, it's mostly socialogical manipulation. Ie. putting people into the right thoughts that eventually they do something like create and release Echidna. Brownian motion (ie. nearly quantum randomness) is probably too much for anyone to precog to that fine of a degree.

Odysseus2099 said:
Pretty sure that's what she canonically does though, what with the Rube Goldberg chains of disasters. Simurgh is immune to Brown.
More of setting up situations. Simurgh's pre-cog and post-cog are not 'auto-win' powers. People can defeat her.

In setting, even Scion's precognition is not perfect, otherwise the 2nd Entity would not have died.

arthurh3535 said:
More of setting up situations. Simurgh's pre-cog and post-cog are not 'auto-win' powers. People can defeat her.

In setting, even Scion's precognition is not perfect, otherwise the 2nd Entity would not have died.
That involved a dirty trick by another entity, and the second kept saying it was fine, so it may have known something Scion doesn't.

The Unicorn said:
That wouldn't require 500MW, 500kW would be serious overkill for that.

He's not in his suit 24/7. The question is where does the power go when Toni is not in his suit.
It's possible it's just generating enough to stay functional (and I pulled the low number out of my hind anyways). So don't worry about it, because I will promise you that I am not a math major. Pretty much math simple with what I managed in school.
BF110C4 said:
Well, there is that.

The Unicorn said:
It's not going to make me stop enjoying the story or anything like that, it's just I suddenly realized that even 1% of that turning into heat would be enough to boil Tony in a few seconds.
Well, yes. The waste heat from the thing could have killed Tony before he exited the cave in Afghanistan.

Selonianth said:
That... I'm not really sure about.

Also, Calling Tony Stark merely "very intelligent" is like calling Muhat ma Ghandi a little hard to anger.
I strongly suspect that it wasn't actually all that difficult to make Ghandi angry. Just difficult to make him angry enough to overcome his desire for nonviolence.

Rathmun said:
I strongly suspect that it wasn't actually all that difficult to make Ghandi angry. Just difficult to make him angry enough to overcome his desire for nonviolence.
Yeah, Ghandi was pissed at the Britished, maybe even all day everyday.

Mage_Man.1842 said:
what about when tony ISN'T in his suit? it is still running a 500MW. What the hell is happening with the power? it's powering an electro-maganate to keep the metal out of his heart.
The rest of the power is a bribe for Physics, Physics gets the equivalent of a class A Drug and is using it to cope with the nonsense that happens in the Cinematic Marvel Universe.

DieKatzchen said:
People with potential don't have them, only people who have triggered. The alien brain parasite creates the abnormal brain structure.
Not true. Last Thursday's update reveal that people with the potential, in this case Doctor Mother, do have them.

DieKatzchen said:
People with potential don't have them, only people who have triggered. The alien brain parasite creates the abnormal brain structure.
Nope. Part 29.7 says:
The Doormaker, none of it worked.
"Doctor," I said. "You don't have powers, right?"
"I don't," the Doctor said. "But I have a corona pollentia."
"What do you mean?" I asked. "You have the potential for power?"
"I do. I could theoretically trigger. If someone has the potential and takes the dose, there is a higher chance of deviation."

But mandating everyone get brain scans to see if you might 'turn evilz' is a bad end for people, because someone like Heartbreaker or Jack Slash would work at getting the list to gather them all together and then forcing them to trigger due to doing horrific horrific torture to them.

arthurh3535 said:
But mandating everyone get brain scans to see if you might 'turn evilz' is a bad end for people, because someone like Heartbreaker or Jack Slash would work at getting the list to gather them all together and then forcing them to trigger due to doing horrific horrific torture to them.
True. But offering people a chance (i.e. opening a clinic / centre where a free brain scan can be done) to know if they have the potential to get powers is not such a bad idea.

Yog said:
True. But offering people a chance (i.e. opening a clinic / centre where a free brain scan can be done) to know if they have the potential to get powers is not such a bad idea.
That runs into the other problems that MRIs are kind of expensive. Like Hospitals can only afford one or two and they cost a lot of money to buy and run.

arthurh3535 said:
That runs into the other problems that MRIs are kind of expensive. Like Hospitals can only afford one or two and they cost a lot of money to buy and run.
And the corona-whatever doesn't even mean anything. Sure everybody has them after they trigger, and some people have them before they trigger, but people can trigger even if they don't have one, and a lot of people who have one never trigger so it's really just an oddity.

arthurh3535 said:
Well, MRI is basically a powerful electromagnet, some sensors and lots of computer code to process the data. Somehow I don't think that handling those would be hard for Tony Stark's company. Plus, you know, there is research into portable scanners right now, and the main problem is electromagnets (or analyzing data provided by low-field scans well enough). Again, not something Stark industries will have problems with. Or Tony could take the next step and go into atomic resonance spectroscopy for portable scanners. On the economics... Well, here.

Yog said:
Ehn said:
Not exactly.
It would seem that the shard first creates the corona pollentia, and then only after actual trigger the gemma. Someone with only a corona pollentia is probably a rare case or a second generation cape waiting for a foul at basketball to trigger.

Mind you, that's more reading between the lines that actual stuff stated on screen, but it's the most logical explanation for a whole lot of things. (e.g.: why there are no parahuman screenings)
esran said:
most people with coronas dont trigger anyway, and not everyone without a corona doesnt trigger. Taylors father had one, but Taylor got the trigger instead. people who trigger without one grow one.

Yog said:
I am still waiting for citation, i.e. in-story text pointing to people without Corona Pollentia triggering.
Worm 13.09 - Bonesaw said:
You might give me a clue about the passenger. See, I think it's something that's hooked into your brain. It was alive up until your powers kicked in, it helped form the Corona, then it broke down. I've seen it at work when I've provoked and recorded trigger events, seen it die after.
This suggests that Bonesaw has actually seen the Corona form in her subjects.

We also know that the shards can change targets if they encounter someone more suitable. Presumably, if someone has a bad enough experience near a person who has the potential to trigger, the shard will bond to them in a trigger event instead. Since we don't know what the range is, how close they have to be is unknown, so it's impossible to tell if they just suddenly triggered, or "knicked" a shard from someone else.

There's also the fact that you don't know when the shards coming down, as not all have arrived yet. If the shard arrives at the right time, there would be no noticeable difference between when they develop the Corona Pollentia, and when they Trigger.

The Unicorn said:
But they do produce evil radiation, even if if it's not ionizing radiation, I mean just because it's not ionizing doesn't mean it can't cause cancer - it's radiation everyone knows that's evil and does all sorts of bad things to people if you touch it. (Not pointing at anyone here just at some idiots I know in RL.)
Have you pointed out to them that all light is actually a type of radiation? Just imagine the freak out ...

Back