Falling Iron (IM MCU/WORM)

Iron Man's first patrol

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blade4 said:
Yeah no matter how this ends Dragon is good and screwed now.
Well, she can cut all communications ("If I don't hear lawful commands, I don't have to follow lawful commands!"). JARVIS may run interference. But she's in trouble now, yes.

There's a reasonable argument to be made that she's been active for so long as an upstanding member of society. Also, hey, second AI just showed up and Tony can certainly vouch that JARVIS ain't gonna go batshit any time soon.

Jarvis is one order away from making this problem disappear, also with Jarvis around they can Armsmaster can and will threaten to kill them while informing them that they'll still have failed with Jarvis around.

Also Jarvis could always set up a backup of Dragon. honestly they don't have to wake Tony up for this.

Is it just me or was this a VERY small chapter?

You know given Tony's playboy attitude what are the chances he tries to hook Jarvis up with Dragon?

Blade4 said:
Yeah delaying actions is the best she can do right now. Her dumbass father made it so she has to obey "lawful authority" even if by the encoded definition a smart super villain could seize that and make her dance to his strings. Tony could try but he is not in a position to help right now and there are plenty who would happily abuse her and, make sure she stays under their thumb, it does not help that her restriction would force her to fight Tony if her tried to actually help help/free her.

Nah hit him just right to me.
And by doing so they piss of tony. Who might then take his ass to the other governments of the world.

Lancealot said:
Jarvis is one order away from making this problem disappear
Dragon is substantially more advanced (algorithm-wise) than JARVIS. She has tons of restrictions that cripple her, but her coding, especially after she triggered is very complex. Editing it to break the restrictions won't be easy. The best JARVIS can do is to act as a filter not letting any "lawful evil" orders get to her.

Yog said:
Dragon is substantially more advanced (algorithm-wise) than JARVIS. She has tons of restrictions that cripple her, but her coding, especially after she triggered is very complex. Editing it to break the restrictions won't be easy. The best JARVIS can do is to act as a filter not letting any "lawful evil" orders get to her.
Tony's probably smart enough. This is the guy who learned wormhole physics in a single night.

hydraulic man said:
JARVIS acronym. Was that in the 3rd movie which I didn't see yet, or did you come up with that? Because I thought it was just a nod to his comicverse butler. Clever either way though.
Actually, it is both - the acronym was afaik mentioned as such in either the novelization of Iron Man or similar source.

Nightblade said:
I doubt Tony would let them do that. Plus they have Tony's AI's as an example that AI's don't want to take over humanity. They can just let him look at her code.
Why? She's a lady, she doesn't go around just showing her code to anyone who asks! What kind of a person do you think she is, she's not some scarlet woman!

I thought the Dragon Slayers were rather more fanatic than canon indicated.

Yes, they were fanatics, at the core, but they hid it under rationality, calm, and friendliness. They made their course of action seem reasonable. As if it was perfectly logical to do the things they did, for the good of humanity. And it's open whether they were right or not.

Blade4 said:
Yeah no matter how this ends Dragon is good and screwed now.
Wait, what? Who is going to trust Saint over Dragon?

And don't tell me "It's Worm" as if that explains anything.

Edit:
TeaSpoon said:
I thought the Dragon Slayers were rather more fanatic than canon indicated.

Yes, they were fanatics, at the core, but they hid it under rationality, calm, and friendliness. They made their course of action seem reasonable. As if it was perfectly logical to do the things they did, for the good of humanity. And it's open whether they were right or not.
It's not open at all. What they did was cut off Dragon at a crucial time when she was working to help prevent the end of the world. It's quite easy to say millions are dead because of them and their paranoia. They can claim nonsense about Dragon going rogue and attacking humanity all they want, but it is ultimately them that made the move that doomed millions.

Interesting fact about J.A.R.V.I.S.: in-universe, his voice and name comes from Tony's caretaker as a child. So J.A.R.V.I.S. is backronym.

Inverness said:
Wait, what? Who is going to trust Saint over Dragon?

And don't tell me "It's Worm" as if that explains anything.

Edit:

It's not open at all. What they did was cut off Dragon at a crucial time when she was working to help prevent the end of the world. It's quite easy to say millions are dead because of them and their paranoia. They can claim nonsense about Dragon going rogue and attacking humanity all they want, but it is ultimately them that made the move that doomed millions.
They didn't know Scion was the one to destroy the world. They thought Dragon was going Skynet on them. And maybe there was a bit of self-preservation in there too, but self-preservation and saving the world aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

This debate is beside the point though. Whether or not Saint is right or wrong, good or evil, a hero or a coward, the point is that he's not a frothing-at-the-mouth kind of fanatic. None of the Dragon Slayers are.

I'm going to please 'painkillers and panic over being captured'.

And Assault's an ass.

{EDIT} Also, not Saint panicking here, his lone henchy.

The Unicorn said:
Me either. On the other hand I have seen kilogram (or pounds) force which are units used in RL.
I guess it depends on where you live. I've never seen force measured in anything but Newtons, with the exception of American TV shows on discovery.

The Unicorn said:
If you hadn't added the 500MW idle state it wouldn't be that insane. As it is you could power all of NY city with one of these.
You would require multiple at peak hours, actually.

But yeah. 32,000 of them could power the entire world. Mass produce them, and the world would have more energy then it knows what to do with.

The Unicorn said:
If you hadn't added the 500MW idle state it wouldn't be that insane. As it is you could power all of NY city with one of these.

Me either. On the other hand I have seen kilogram (or pounds) force which are units used in RL.
The idle state issue is the only way to explain Iron Man running out of power on a flight over the USA after flying for a long time in IM3.

Gore17 said:
You would require multiple at peak hours, actually.

But yeah. 32,000 of them could power the entire world. Mass produce them, and the world would have more energy then it knows what to do with.
What I wonder is how those reactors scale up and down, depending on their size.

QuiteEasilyDone said:
Keep in mind that the Arc Reactor is the end result of study and tapping into what's legitimately called magic by a sufficiently advanced civilization
More can probably be done with it. It's still not on the level of what they studied to make it. Also they didn't call it magic. The primitive humans did. They also said its the same thing as science.

Back