Oh. My. God.

If I didn't know that this was literally what happened in the actual series I wouldn't fucking believe and thought it was really clever editing.

The next few episodes are gonna be fun.

Like really, Takahata101 delivered like we all thought he would and then some.

Also I think the best part of this episode is pretty much everyone had some great lines.

Last edited:
I felt like Krillins stupidity was justified with the "Oh" line, Vegeta is just an asshole, a funny asshole, but an asshole none the less.

I can't say I've ever understood the argument about Krillin's "stupidity" for refusing to kill #18 to stop Cell. It always seemed built on the expectation of a level of cold-blooded cynicism that felt at odds with the rest of the show.

I can't say I've ever understood the argument about Krillin's "stupidity" for refusing to kill #18 to stop Cell. It always seemed built on the expectation of a level of cold-blooded cynicism that felt at odds with the rest of the show.
Well the logic is easy to understand, firstly we know that she has the capacity to destroy 90% of the human race for kicks, and secondly we know that if our enemy absorbs her they will have the power to destroy us even quicker than she could.

The inherent problem is two-fold, one is a semi-sins of the father type deal, is it right to judge someone for what they have done in another universe, even if it is one that is very similar to your own. And secondly is the issue that they really can't be blamed for their actions in either universes, they were just kids warped by Gero for his own twisted vengeance, In a way this is presented most clearly in 16, who despite his love of nature and peace, can't help but blindly follow his programming to kill Goku. Their's a really interesting moral quandary hidden here, and it's interesting to think about.

Though Tien is right insofar that after making him risk his life with his most powerful attack, to through that away for the booty is a bit of a dick move.

*ahem*

The Dragonballs exist. They literally use them to resurrect Android 17. Nothing prevents Krillin from blowing her up and then reviving her once Cell is dead if he really wanted to 'spare' her.

*ahem*

The Dragonballs exist. They literally use them to resurrect Android 17. Nothing prevents Krillin from blowing her up and then reviving her once Cell is dead if he really wanted to 'spare' her.
The dragon balls are currently gone as of the latest episode since Kami fused with Piccolo, and Guru's dead so no Namekian ones, I think. It'll be a while longer before Dende becomes the new Kami and makes new ones.

The dragon balls are currently gone as of the latest episode since Kami fused with Piccolo, and Guru's dead so no Namekian ones, I think. It'll be a while longer before Dende becomes the new Kami and makes new ones.

Goku can teleport anywhere in the universe. The Dragonballs are available whenever they want them to be. Goku literally does exactly this in like, two or three episodes.

Krillin was definitely being really dumb but... Vegeta was just kicking the shit out of Cell without breaking a sweat until he decided to literally not only let him absorb 18, but actively stopped Trunks from stopping Cell.

Krillin was just sorta dumb. Veggie? Oooooooh boooooooy.

Krillin was 'I can't bring myself to blow up a person who I don't believe to be that horrible.' Dumb, but understandable and in-character.

And if Vegeta had helped out, it'd be no biggie anyway. If Vegeta had even not interfered, there was a solid shot of Trunks handling things.

Also, uh... Krillin didn't ever get told about the whole "Cell absorbing Androids 17 and 18 is particularly bad and that's what he's trying to do" thing, did he? I might just be forgetting, but it sure seemed like he was acting on the original "blow them up before they kill Goku and/or everyone" plan, or at least hadn't fully processed everything that had been happening with Cell while he was off getting (and then trying to use) the remote.

Tenshinhan can complain about Kikoho-ing himself half to death all day long, but it's not like Krillin knew he'd done that.

This is why communication is important. Even 18 would've probably pressed the button herself at the end there (though she didn't seem to go to blow herself up as she'd originally talked about -- possibly because Krillin was too close and would get hit by the blast) if the remote had survived.

Back