Perfect Cell was well handled, just the right mix of comedy and horrific force.

Gohan's jump to super Saiyan was pretty good as well, I lolled at them tying the dodge thing in. Also nice foreshadowing that he seems overcome with Rage to an unusual extent when he does transform.

Krillin's statement that Vegeta was going to die carried weight to me, he sounded so very sure that nothing Vegeta did was going to make a difference against Cell and he was absolutely right.

I liked that everyone assumed Vegeta simply lost it and was trying to blow up the planet with the Final Flash, and that he must have missed. Perfectly in character for him if that's what he was actually doing.

What was it in DBZ itself? Him deliberately angling the shot away from Earth?

Based on rewatching the original version:

There was more focus on it being an attack on Cell, just one that was likely to destroy the planet, Krillin loudly worries that Vegeta has "lost his mind and is going to fry us all!"

The abdriged version seems to angle towards Vegeta just losing it all together and blowing everything up in a blind rage. At least from Trunks and Krillin's point of view.

For those not aware: TFS' Youtube channel has been taken down by Youtube. Funimation had nothing to do with it, and they're not the only ones, but still. What the hell, Youtube.

As I think it was best put:

EDIT: Also, apparently it was DBcember that got them pulled, going by a tweet from Lanipator.

Which is even more firmly in the "okay to post" camp than the series itself is.

Last edited:
For those not aware: TFS' Youtube channel has been taken down by Youtube. Funimation had nothing to do with it, and they're not the only ones, but still. What the hell, Youtube.

As I think it was best put:

EDIT: Also, apparently it was DBcember that got them pulled, going by a tweet from Lanipator.

Which is even more firmly in the "okay to post" camp than the series itself is.

yet another sign that youtubes copyright systems is FUBAR. i mean dbz is entirely within fair use seeing as its pretty much entirely parody.

Honestly it was only a matter of time. There was no way DBZ Abridged was going to survive any form of copyright takedown. Especially once they started a Patreon.
While I don't know for certain if the Patreon violates Fair Use stuff, the videos flagged to be taken down were 100% such (being the DBcember review series).

And that's just on Youtube anyhow, which is part of the issue. Everything's still on their site, it's just the Youtube system hard at "work".

...why is that so implausible? There's nothing stopping them from just keeping careful financial records of where that money's going. It's not impossible to accomplish or prove as long as they're not morons.

Nobody is donating to their Patreon because they love their Let's Play channel. We all know that. Pretending otherwise is a legal fiction and any judge they tried to pull it on would probably give a response slightly less condescending than a sovereign citizen would receive.

Back