I can write. I can do voices. I cannot do video editing. I could learn, but I have no time.

Still, good on them for doing this. I look forward to seeing what the finalists are.

Not at the moment. If I had a good idea or any promise that this entire month won't be crunch-time at work, I might be more inclined to looking into it.

Either way, for all of us who aren't so able for whatever reason, there will be other folks who already have what they need and were all but waiting for the push. I'm glad they're being given the excuse to go for it.

I can't video edit yet, but I'm free for the entire month, so I could learn. Plus, I can help write and voice act. If anyone wants my help, PM me as soon as possible.

It's becoming eerie how difficult it is to tell the difference from squences from the web series, and how they played out in the actual show.

Like, really, the entire second half of this ep could have been inserted right in the actual series itself and it wouldn't feel out of place. Save for the 16 comments.

Honestly, I think going Super Saiyan literally makes Goku smarter, it's not just the talking about fighting.

On a side note: "SIXTH RULE OF POPO'S TRAINING!" my sides

I do like Cell's attitude towards Trunks this episode and the flash of venomous fury that surfaces when he brings up Alternative Timeline Trunks 'taking what's mine" by killing the androids.

Lord you could feel the damage done by Cell's casual line of
Cell: "By the way, does Gohan know?"
Trunks: "Know what?"
Cell: "That you let him die of course."

This episode has really solidified DBZA's new mission statement to be more than a hilarious parody of the original series, but actually a beast of its own. Whereas the Saiyan and Freeza Sagas were very heavy comedy with moments of legitimate drama, the Android and Cell Sagas have flipped the formula to heavy drama with subdued but biting humor. They're actually trying to tell a story here, and the amazing part is that they're succeeding on all cylinders without DBZA becoming unrecognizable.

They've become confident enough in their writing to not have to worry about making Goku quite as hyper-dumb or use the Krillen Owned Count to keep your attention. Instead they draw you in with excellent voice acting, and a stand-out performance with their menacing rendition of Cell. Now I'm actively watching the series not just so that I can laugh riotously, but because I enjoy it as an actual adaptation. God damn.

This episode has really solidified DBZA's new mission statement to be more than a hilarious parody of the original series, but actually a beast of its own. Whereas the Saiyan and Freeza Sagas were very heavy comedy with moments of legitimate drama, the Android and Cell Sagas have flipped the formula to heavy drama with subdued but biting humor. They're actually trying to tell a story here, and the amazing part is that they're succeeding on all cylinders without DBZA becoming unrecognizable.

They've become confident enough in their writing to not have to worry about making Goku quite as hyper-dumb or use the Krillen Owned Count to keep your attention. Instead they draw you in with excellent voice acting, and a stand-out performance with their menacing rendition of Cell. Now I'm actively watching the series not just so that I can laugh riotously, but because I enjoy it as an actual adaptation. God damn.
Some of them have even gotten completely legit voice acting roles due to the fame they've gotten from DBZA, such as the Nappa voice for custom characters in Xenoverse and one of them getting to voice a character in the dub of Revival of F. I would not at all be surprised if a bunch of them get roles in the inevitable dub of DBS, and hoping to do so is why they avoid ever talking shit about it.

Last edited:
Man, Cell is probably the best villain of the series. Darkly humorous, legit intimidating and creepy, he's the perfect blend of serious and funny. He's also such a fuckin dick. I love it.

Man, Cell is probably the best villain of the series. Darkly humorous, legit intimidating and creepy, he's the perfect blend of serious and funny. He's also such a fuckin dick. I love it.

He also gets to have an arc in his transformations. Frieza was the same person throughout, Cell's personality legit *changes* through his forms.

Does it? I haven't really noticed that. He's still doing the singing thing after all.

Yep. Imperfect form, he's a horror film villain - lurking, sly, oily. Semi-Perfect, he's got an edge of desperation and his hunger is more immediate - Imperfect is hungry in a generic sense, but Semi-Perfect can taste this victory and is scared of it getting away. And Perfect form just loses all that hunger and he's a sophisticated, eloquent, almost playful egotist.

Yep. Imperfect form, he's a horror film villain - lurking, sly, oily. Semi-Perfect, he's got an edge of desperation and his hunger is more immediate - Imperfect is hungry in a generic sense, but Semi-Perfect can taste this victory and is scared of it getting away. And Perfect form just loses all that hunger and he's a sophisticated, eloquent, almost playful egotist.

Perfect Cell's basically at the point where... hrm. He doesn't really give a shit, because nothing's actually been a threat to him so far.

That really seems more due to his circumstances than anything else. As you said, he's desperate when Semi-Perfect because he's THIS CLOSE to being complete but there's also a massive risk of everything he's done being for nothing. He's always been a sophisticated, eloquent, playful egotist, even from his very first appearance, and as always that shines through the most when he feels he's in control of the situation. When he's NOT in control he's typically agitated at best. The only thing that's changed is his voice.

He was saying the exact same things in the exact same way when he was fighting against Piccolo, and he's going to flip out in the exact same way as his Semi-Perfect form when Gohan starts beating the shit out of him. He's not the Doctor.

Last edited:
"Wanna see me drink this guy???"

Imperfect had a certain manic energy to him that came out occasionally too. He was hot and cold, and had a pretty active sadistic streak.

Semi-Perfect, when he was in a good situation, he had more swagger to him, and acted more the bully. He'd get in shouting matches. More of a hot personality.

Perfect is, of course, cool as ice. He's tuned everything down, he doesn't need manic energy or loud swagger, it's all in one smooth package.

Perfect Cell's basically at the point where... hrm. He doesn't really give a shit, because nothing's actually been a threat to him so far.

He's elite. He's sure he's better than you, and he'll let you show off just because he knows he can do better without batting an eye.

Back