How do you know that?

Because they said as much:

"..because if you ever wanted to go that extra mile in supporting us we would appreciate it if..."

Is but one of the damning things in this video which amounts to "We can't legally monetize DBZ Abridged. But hey, look at all this other stuff we can monetize on this other channel, which we can link to constantly on this channel! *winkwink*"

Is but one of the damning things in this video which amounts to "We can't legally monetize DBZ Abridged. But hey, look at all this other stuff we can monetize on this other channel, which we can link to constantly on this channel! *winkwink*"
"Advertising our side work to make us financially solvent enough to do our labor of love as well, as we can't actually make any money off of that" is damning evidence of illegality now? Jeez.

These guys work directly with Funimation, and that video was more than two years ago. If this was some unpardonable sin they would have been smacked for it long ago.

Edit: And they would have been hit with actual Cease & Desist letters, not just have had their videos on YouTube flagged by a Toei bot.

Last edited:
Yeah the two are tied together but TFS gaming is what makes them money. They don't make a dime off the abridged series directly. IF you wanted the Primal Stream like I have. They said as much and they seemed okay with the idea of, worst come to worst, they have to move the abridged series to Teamfourstar.com only.

Nobody is donating to their Patreon because they love their Let's Play channel. We all know that. Pretending otherwise is a legal fiction and any judge they tried to pull it on would probably give a response slightly less condescending than a sovereign citizen would receive.
Hey to be fair their Let's Play channel is actually pretty funny! There are good stuff on that channel.
Although this has nothing to do with your argument.

Hey to be fair their Let's Play channel is actually pretty funny! There are good stuff on that channel.
Although this has nothing to do with your argument.
The adventures of Dumpling may be one of the best lets plays I've seen, especially as it was done in such a bland game. And their Bloodborne streams are all amazing. And the batman streams have my two favourite stupid conversations, The entire section about the Joker having sex, and the Bat Facts joke.

The adventures of Dumpling may be one of the best lets plays I've seen, especially as it was done in such a bland game. And their Bloodborne streams are all amazing. And the batman streams have my two favourite stupid conversations, The entire section about the Joker having sex, and the Bat Facts joke.

Cannot forget about-

Sir Knight Lord Lady Fairy-Prince Kentucky-Fried Flying Rocketing Ravishing Beastmaster Super Silver One-Punch President Mayor Doctor Chef Coach Professor General Honorary Lieutenant Bachelor Ex-Husband and Former Father Captain Richard Adolf Ravager III Stiltskin the Barbarian the Pirate

AKA
The Charming Puncher
The Charming Fister
The Monkbarian
The Silver Shroud
Grognak the Barbarian
Obi-Wan Punch Wilson
Fist Sinister
Mister Fister or Mister Sinister Fister (before that name was given to his weapon)
Hero of The Battle of Grape-Nut Ridge
Slayer of Soggies The Blank/Black Cowl
The Fist of Justice
Sinister Fist of Justice

No. I actually quite like them.

But let's not kid ourselves about what is actually going on.
Do you seriously think that if Funimation or Toei decided to take action against TFS for copyright infringement, they'd do it via some YouTube takedowns?

TFS has a website, they have a relationship with Funimation, and I'm 100% sure Toei knows they exist. They are not difficult to contact to either actually sue or provide a Cease & Desist letter, and neither has happened.

As far as I am aware, the only video TeamFourStar had to take down permanently is Attack on Titan Abridged. It is neither available on their YouTube channel nor their website. The most they've said on the subject is in this video.

skip to 3:40

So, what made AoT Abridged not ok? It wasn't the timing; Abridge on Titan and Slap on Titan began around the same time and have survived until today. The best reasons I can think of are the length and the number of people involved. AoT Abridged was 20 minutes long and involved a massive collaboration with ChannelAwesome and other YouTubers.

I'll be honest, I was expecting some dumb April Fool's joke. Or, at the very least, some sort of half-hearted comedy about how dumb Brolly is.

But no, we got this. This... Masterpiece. Team Four Star has shown their expertise once again by Abridging a Brolly movie in such a way that it actually seems good, overcoming their bias against the character in the process. This short clip really is everything DBZA in about 10 minutes. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me watch in awe as they took scenes from canon and made them cooler...

TFS may as well stop now, because they won't be topping this, ever.

Well I for one welcome our new narcissistic bugmen overlord.

In all honesty you could totally take the starting scene of Abrimon and use it to open the Broly Movie.

Dr Gero: So you take Cooler, then you make him a robot, only he's an army, then you have him get cut to pieces by a Saiyan tag team of Vegeta and Goku only they die from Free Falling out of his robot starfish.

Frieza: I have opinions on that.

Vegeta: The Legendary Super Saiyan? Oh those MOTHE-

Last edited:
Oh man if I was any good at editing
or writing abridged series
or acting
or had any ideas for stuff other than Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

I would be so over this

(or had the spare time)

Back