More pro-level abridging is more likely to make companies nervous rather than less, unfortunately!
DB Abridged hits a sweet spot of being ideal for the official content producer: parody is of work long completed and thus not losing too much money tgere, but franchise is still active, allowing parody to draw attention to the franchise, and thus to the new official content that will likely be paid for the usual way. Yugioh Abridged was the same way with GX and 5 D's et al.

Cell: And much like Vegeta's mother, I will accept all comers. -wink-

Vegeta: -suddenly shirtless- How dare...

Krillin: Why'd you take off your shirt?

I'm dying :rofl:

DB Abridged hits a sweet spot of being ideal for the official content producer: parody is of work long completed and thus not losing too much money tgere, but franchise is still active, allowing parody to draw attention to the franchise, and thus to the new official content that will likely be paid for the usual way. Yugioh Abridged was the same way with GX and 5 D's et al.

Yes. T4S's Attack on Titan abridged got shut down, and that's not a shock.

Also

Nappa is Satan's agent

I'm dying over here XD

I'm hoping Hercule is just played totally straight as this outright heroic, thoughtful character who knows that he can't play in the big leagues, but still tries because someone has to try save the world.

... basically, I want him to be Mumen Rider. Because the best way to make a joke character into a joke is to make them not a joke.

(See also: what I did with Guiche in Overlady)

I love how all Cell gets when dealing with Goku is mildly annoyed, as opposed to Vegeta or Frieza, who both damn near had an aneurysm at his stupidity.

Cell is rapidly shaping up to be my favorite villain in the whole show. Also the fact that Gohan wanted a gi like piccolos was so heartwarming. I was daaa'w ing it up.

I love how all Cell gets when dealing with Goku is mildly annoyed, as opposed to Vegeta or Frieza, who both damn near had an aneurysm at his stupidity.

Cell is rapidly shaping up to be my favorite villain in the whole show. Also the fact that Gohan wanted a gi like piccolos was so heartwarming. I was daaa'w ing it up.
To be fair, he IS one of his donors.

Which might have something to do with why everything else bothers him as much as it does.

You say, but Negima ended partially because the author was protesting plans by the publisher to crack down on doujinshi.

It was more a crackdown on ips and authors I general meaning he might have gotten screwed out of profits/ownership. So he torched the franchise and ran until they gave him money and apologies. Oh and let gum make the shonen managa he wanted rather than yet another love hina

That was a fun clip!

It was more a crackdown on ips and authors I general meaning he might have gotten screwed out of profits/ownership. So he torched the franchise and ran until they gave him money and apologies. Oh and let gum make the shonen managa he wanted rather than yet another love hina

I will note UQ Holder is increasingly turning into a direct sequel, filling in blanks.

Last edited:
Back