This has been remarked on elsewhere, but it's kind of odd seeing Gohan suddenly be a pacifist if you have only followed the anime. In most non-canon movies set before or during the Cell Saga you have Gohan fully willing to step up and try to fight, even if it doesn't work out. It creates a disconnect that doesn't exist in the manga.

Last edited:
live stream is running:

50 min until part 2

edit:
finished

"And now you're one of us" :D

Last edited:
Oh man that first part where Gohan was just destroying the Juniors had me laughing like a maniac.

And poor, poor Vegeta got absolutely destroyed this episode, even, er, without considering the, you know at the end.

And Krillin proved to be the best friend, just consoling Gohan the best way possible for both the death of his father and his fuckup.

I don't know how objective I'm being right now, maybe it's just the blood loss, but that episode was leagues better than the previous as far as I'm concerned.

Oh man that first part where Gohan was just destroying the Juniors had me laughing like a maniac.

And poor, poor Vegeta got absolutely destroyed this episode, even, er, without considering the, you know at the end.

And Krillin proved to be the best friend, just consoling Gohan the best way possible for both the death of his father
and his fuckup.

I don't know how objective I'm being right now, maybe it's just the blood loss, but that episode was leagues better than the previous as far as I'm concerned.
I think my second favorite part was Cell's characterization. He doesn't flip out because he's simply outmatched by Gohan like in canon - I'm pretty sure the thought just gets him excited.

He flips out because he's dismissed by Gohan, and then shortly afterwards (after trying and failing to calm himself down) his most prized possession - his Perfection - is taken from him. And even then, he still retains his affable personality, cheerfully telling everyone to go fuck themselves as he rather violently peaces out rather than ranting and raving.

My favorite part was Gohan. Just Gohan.

Last edited:
Chances the next episode starts with a "looks like Vegeta's got a hole in his Trunks" joke?

I'm sad that this ending means we won't get a couple seasons of it being called "super duper saiyan".

They're not doing Buu? I guess due to copyright claims or something?

It's a rumor going around and they're making an announcement about it at the end of the current series. But we don't know whether they're canceling it, putting it on a slower schedule or doing something else entirely. A lot of people are going with the canceling option because it's the worst, though.

Back