I think this is my favorite depiction of Cell ever, not just because he's entertaining but... I don't know, it just feels like he has more personality than the other incarnations, he's still a smug super, but he's also got this incredibly warped point of view, an obsession with the challenge and power and Goku. Like he is so excited when Goku seemingly plans to kill him and the entire planet, he really feels he and Goku are of a similar mind and feels Goku gets him in a way no one else does.

Plus his talk with Goku, his rant about how it was all for him, that actually feels like its laying the groundwork for Goku to think he should stay dead... Is it wrong if they go relatively serious with that and Goku maybe even noting he has some flaws and issues that lead him to thinking the world is better off without him that Yamcha just cuts in says like "Goku... no matter what, you're my friend." and its actually really meaningful?

Also so glad Trunks called everyone out, poor guy, a pragmatist surrounded by very impractical people XD

Also glad Cell still recalls Tenshinhan, love the extra focus he gets in TFS.

Last edited:
Also so glad Trunks called everyone out, poor guy, a pragmatist surrounded by very impractical people XD

For all that he wants to be a pragmatist, it also rarely occurs to him of just backing someone else up once they've started fighting ^^

I mean, if he just attacked the same time Vegeta did and with Piccolo and the others backing him up, well, no guarantee of victory, but the original timeline never had two super saiyans of that level fighting the androids at once, mostly they were able to go 2v1 vs super saiyans.

He hit him with a triangle so hard it made a square. Tien fucked him like he fucked Euclidean geometry.
And that right there is why Tien is the best :D

Seriously though I love that statement XD

For all that he wants to be a pragmatist, it also rarely occurs to him of just backing someone else up once they've started fighting ^^

I mean, if he just attacked the same time Vegeta did and with Piccolo and the others backing him up, well, no guarantee of victory, but the original timeline never had two super saiyans of that level fighting the androids at once, mostly they were able to go 2v1 vs super saiyans.
Well I mean, most of them likely wouldn't take well to that and without willing coordination it could quickly become worse than a one on one fight.

Though yes he could have tried jumping in earlier.

Well I mean, most of them likely wouldn't take well to that and without willing coordination it could quickly become worse than a one on one fight.

Though yes he could have tried jumping in earlier.

Sure, but even with that... there's multiple foes. "Dad, we'll let you take that one, everyone else, with me!"

I mean he could wait til near the end of the fight and try and jump in, but an alert unengage android makes trying to backstab risky, and the number one thing is preventing a doubleteam.

Sure, but even with that... there's multiple foes. "Dad, we'll let you take that one, everyone else, with me!"

I mean he could wait til near the end of the fight and try and jump in, but an alert unengage android makes trying to backstab risky, and the number one thing is preventing a doubleteam.
I could definitely see that, in that context he seemed kind of worried about Vegeta though so he may have wanted to be keep an eye on that fight to try and pull Vegeta out when he inevitably lost. Plus there were two other with 16 included so that could easily end up as Trunks & Krillin VS 18 and Piccolo & Tien VS 16 in his mind and them all getting creamed for it... I may be putting too much thought into a comedy XD

I could definitely see that, in that context he seemed kind of worried about Vegeta though so he may have wanted to be keep an eye on that fight to try and pull Vegeta out when he inevitably lost. Plus there were two other with 16 included so that could easily end up as Trunks & Krillin VS 18 and Piccolo & Tien VS 16 in his mind and them all getting creamed for it... I may be putting too much thought into a comedy XD

Still, when Vegeta lost he didn't pull him out really, and he left things where the Androids could step in if 18 got in trouble.

If he had his wits about him, he also could've done what Bulma wanted to do from the start and just track Gero down before he made the Androids.

Except for universe six sayains

They have common sense
The rarest of Superpowers to be found in dragonball.

Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Nah, fuck Goku Saiyans. I put my faith in the Krill-Master and our lord and savior Mr. Satan!

Wait I just had a thought... Yamcha said it was like a hate boner triangle, and Cell is still ticked at Tenshinhan for the Kikoho, which is launched by forming one's hands into a triangle... Was that planned!?

Back