Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alivaril
Did you know, according to the tally website, that you can have multiple preferential votes going on?

[1][Weapon] Sword
[2][Weapon] Axe

[1][Armor] Gold
[2][Armor] Silver

Vote Tally : Disjunction (PMMM/Ignition) | Page 17 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.6.0

Task: Armor

Options:

Gold
Silver

Winner: Gold
[1] Paradox

First Runner Up: Silver
[2] Paradox

Task: Weapon

Options:

Axe
Sword

Winner: Sword
[1] Paradox

First Runner Up: Axe
[2] Paradox

Total No. of Voters: 1

Last edited:
0.2: Home
[X] Yes, you have the potential to become a MTG mage.
Winner: Green

[x] Open your eyes, wander through the maze of corpses, and make your way home.

You open your eyes and try to make your way out of the area without stepping on anyone. You know none of them are alive, but stepping on the corpses of other people is just...

You swallow another wave of bile. Your nausea can wait until after you're safe.

Much to your surprise, you are able to make it back home without incident. You were trying to avoid being noticed, true, but it seemed like there was barely anyone nearby and you're not sure why.

Thankfully, your parents haven't arrived home yet. You're not sure how you would explain your bloodstained clothing or general unkempt state. Your father doesn't like listening to excuses, but this time really isn't your fault... You should probably get rid of all the evidence before they get back.

Fighting down a wave of nausea, you make a beeline for the bathroom, barely making it before you lose the contents of your stomach.

While you're stewing in your misery, a cheerful voice inserts itself into your mind without ever passing through your ears.

"Hello there, Aria! You don't look like you're feeling particularly well. Since I expect you shouldn't be speaking right now, you don't need to reply verbally. Just use telepathy."

You look up and stare wearily at the adorable bunnycat sitting on your windowsill. Upon determining that the window is, in fact, shut, you check the door to the bathroom. Just like the window, the bathroom door is shut and locked. Assuming Kyubey isn't a hallucination, you honestly have no idea how he got in.

"...Hello?" You try experimentally. Telepathic speech feels distinctly different from normal thoughts, and very strange. You still haven't dismissed the 'hallucination' theory, but if he isn't one...

You try not to get your hopes up.

"Greetings." Kyubey curls up into a circular pile of fluffiness. "As you may have noticed, Azura is having difficulty handling the defense of Karia by herself. I'll keep this brief: you have an unusually high amount of potential, even by the standards of magical girls. Are you interested in trying to help Azura?"

This time, you don't try to stomp down your hope. Of course, there is one little pitfall you're rather worried about...

"I know about the soul gem thing. What happens when the soul of a magical girl turns completely dark? I know they die, but is it destroyed as well?"

You swallow heavily. You may not be good enough to make it into Heaven, but you've tried to be a good girl. You've always done your utmost to avoid doing any of the things your parents say will end up sending you to Hell. You don't mind the part where your soul would be separated from your body, but if it were destroyed, you're pretty sure you would go to Hell by default.

"A common misconception. When a magical girl's soul gem turns completely dark, they don't die. Instead, their soul escapes and continues on to its ultimate fate. Some believe that fate to be some sort of afterlife."

Thank God.

You've barely have time to relax before Kyubey speaks once more.

"Would you like to make a contract with me and become a magical girl?"

...Wow. The Internet was right; Kyubey is pushy.

[] Ask Kyubey if he can wait for just a bit. You're pretty sure he can spare one body for a few hours.
-[] After you get cleaned up and have consumed some broth, boot up your laptop and try to find more information on magical girls. Your mother is a lawyer; you know better than to make a contract without reading everything and making sure there are no hidden tricks.
--[] Are you looking for anything in particular, or just browsing aimlessly? (write-in; aimlessly by default)
-[] Ask Kyubey some questions.
--[] How do wishes interact with your magical potential? Do you have some sort of starting safety net based upon your potential, or does it just pull directly from your maximum reserves no matter what you wish for?
--[] Write-in questions

[] Make a wish.
-[] Write-in

[] Decline, for now. You're not sure what your parents would think of you risking your life against abominations...
-[] When they get home, tell them about Kyubey and ask for permission.

[] Write-in

OOC: Appearance vote
(Please vote by priority. There are a lot of different options, so I don't expect you to rank every last one if you don't want to.
:p Of course, it would help ensure you get one you like if you do rank them all.)

[] Jump

[] Hologram

[] Feathers

[] Snowflake

[] Bow

[] Purple

[] Bells

[] Birds

[] Butterfly

[] Glasses

[] Blossom

[] Tone

[] Yukata

[] Write-in. (insert photo name here & image below)

By far, the longest part of this chapter was setting up the appearance vote. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go fall unconscious now.

Last edited:
[X] Ask Kyubey if he can wait for just a bit. You're pretty sure he can spare one body for a few hours.
-[X] After you get cleaned up and have consumed some broth, boot up your laptop and try to find more information on magical girls. Your mother is a lawyer; you know better than to make a contract without reading everything and making sure there are no hidden tricks.

Callbacks!

Though a bit slim....

-[X] Decline, forever. Never make a wish unless you are going to die if you don't.

[1] Butterfly
[2] Blossom
[3] Hologram
[4] Jump
[5] Purple
[6] Bow
[7] Tone
[8] Bells
[9] Snowflake
[10] Feathers
[11] Birds
[12] Glasses
[13] Yukata

Last edited:
I'll edit in some action plan in later. For now, my personal appearance votes.

[1] Jump
[2] Tone
[3] Hologram
[4] Butterfly
[5] Feathers
[6] Birds

And I ran into the problem of multiple pictures that I like and don't really have a preference for them... I'll deal with this tomorrow.

[x] Ask Kyubey if he can wait for just a bit. You're pretty sure he can spare one body for a few hours.
-[x] Ask Kyubey some questions.
--[x] How do wishes interact with your magical potential? Do you have some sort of starting safety net based upon your potential, or does it just pull directly from your maximum reserves no matter what you wish for?

[1]Poi
[2]Purple
[3]Yukata
[4]Jump
[5]Butterfly
[6]snowflake
[7]hologram

You look up and stare wearily at the adorable bunnycat
*Warily

[X] Decline, for now. You're not sure what your parents would think of you risking your life against abominations...
-[X] Besides, what does it matter in the end anyways? Magical Girls haven't really saved any lives that were worth anything, and anything you want would be out of your potential range, leaving you one bad fight from a painful death, for... What? Altruism? It's ironic, but you'd be more likely to survive to enjoy what you want if you just accepted your place in the natural order of things and got it the normal way.

[1] Purple
[2] Blossom
[3] Yukata

Last edited:
[X] Ask Kyubey if he can wait for just a bit. You're pretty sure he can spare one body for a few hours.
-[X] After you get cleaned up and have consumed some broth, boot up your laptop and try to find more information on magical girls. Your mother is a lawyer; you know better than to make a contract without reading everything and making sure there are no hidden tricks.
-[X] Ask Kyubey some questions.
--[X] How do wishes interact with your magical potential? Do you have some sort of starting safety net based upon your potential, or does it just pull directly from your maximum reserves no matter what you wish for?
--[X] What is the souls ultimate fate?

I wonder if the Kyubey will be with us when when we unlock our MTG abilities? Also, I wonder what his reaction will be if he gets caught in a Green Overchannel.

[1] Yukata
[2] Purple
[3] Bow
[4]Poi
[5] Glasses
[6] Jump
[7] Birds
[8] Bells
[9] Hologram
[10] Feathers
[11] Snowflake
[12] Tone
[13] Blossom
[14] Butterfly

Last edited:

[1] Hologram
[2] Glasses
[3] Feathers
[4] Purple
[5] Jump
[6] Birds
[7] Bells
[8] Butterfly
[9] Bow
[10] Snowflake
[11] Tone
[12] Blossom
[13] Yukata

and anything you want would be out of your potential range

Kyubey just said our potential is unusually high. IC, we probably realize that means we could make a fairly significant wish. (OOC it would use up our reserves, but still.)

Last edited:
Kyubey just said our potential is unusually high. IC, we probably realize that means we could make a fairly significant wish. (OOC it would use up our reserves, but still.)
No! Bad! No making Wishes! Look what happened last time!

Edit: Never mind. I thought you were saying it was a good thing to make wishes.

Besides, what does it matter in the end anyways? Magical Girls haven't really saved any lives that were worth anything, and anything you want would be out of your potential range, leaving you one bad fight from a painful death, for... What? Altruism? It's ironic, but you'd be more likely to survive to enjoy what you want if you just accepted your place in the natural order of things and got it the normal way.

This is kinda a heavy ended write in that made me imagine you giving the GM the "hint hint" look.

We'll awaken our mana potential when we are ready, trying to rush it wont help much.

What is the souls ultimate fate?

I think that was answered in the update already. "Goes to the afterlife"

Also, I wonder what his reaction will be if he gets caught in a Green Overchannel.

He gets turned into a bear.

It just occurred to me that this is one of the few cases where telling their parents won't reduce their magical girl potential. :(

-[X] Decline, forever. Never make a wish unless you are going to die if you don't.

Will edit appearance vote in later.

[1] Hologram
[2] Bells
[3] Birds
[4] Blossom
[5] Feathers
[6] Jump
[7] Tone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back