Watched it, was great. Pretty loose translation, but even in translation was mostly quite funny. Peter's (or was it Paul's) lines in the translation seemed less funny than in the original though. One trend I didn't get and that I have a strong suspicion has been in translation due to changing Cable's lines: why is everyone attributing racial motivations to Cable's grumpiness and perhaps implicitly some other actions? Like that time when he asks to tone down the music - something that typically all grumpy characters do regardless of who turned the radio on, but people seemed to imply that it was because the driver was Asia? Was there something lost in translation, or is this an allusion to something about Cable in the comics?
Deadpool being annoying white guy woke was a running joke; Cable wasn't actually portrayed as racist

In the original, the music playing was Indian music.
So was in this version, it just seemed like a scenario that usually goes absolutely the same way with East European or Atlantic music playing; it seemed like deliberately seeking out an excuse to be offended (but see below).

The joke about Cable being racist started when he shot the character called Black Tom Cassidy (the "black" of which Deadpool gleefully interpreted as being a reference to race) and continued from there.
Because he shot Black Tom Cassidy, who's very white. Deapool accused him of being racist for that, and turned it into a running joke because Deadpool loves trolling Cable.
Deadpool being annoying white guy woke was a running joke; Cable wasn't actually portrayed as racist
Ah. I was worried that I'm missing some sort of finer, more obscure point, instead of baseless trolling.

You know what would have made DP2 even better/horrifying? Having Deadpool sing Cher's 'Turn back time' song while doing the routine Cher did way back when and wearing her 'outfit'.

"Yup, we at WB are so strapped for good promotions that we'll try to ride the coattails of Deadpool 2."

It IS a joke, by the way. ;)

If I was Ryan.....

"Well, sure. I was using it as a cock ring, tho. Should I wash it before returning?"

Just got back from seeing the film, aside from the fridging it was very good. Domino is particular was great. I look forward to seeing Deadpool 3.

I was annoyed by the fridging because I love Wade and Vanessa's dynamic but the rest of the film made up for it even before the credits scene.

Dunno why, but I had kinda expected Vanessa to express powers of her own in DP2 as a central part of the plot. Maybe they'll go with that for the third one.

I was sort of expecting it to be revealed at some point that Vanessa was actually like an avatar for Death or like her mortal form. That's why she seemed able to send Wade back to the land of the living.

>Reynolds having the balls to do the Death-Deadpool pairing justice on screen for 3
>the Cosmic Marvel stuff is utilised to tell a personal story that takes in a fair bit of comics material as they did here with the time travel mutant Marvel for this

Ah, the return of the Why Boner...

Edited clarity

Last edited:
I mean it's a long shot to get Death into the movies as Fox had outright banned any magic from their Marvel movies.

Just came back from the movie, enjoyed it a lot. I will admit I was nervous since I was afraid of it suffering from sequalitis (comedy movies suffer the most since they just try to top all the popular jokes from before.) But I really liked the comedy. Not everything landed but I was consistently laughing as it went along.

I liked the general plot but I would have cut out the after credits thing with them fixing the time slider if only to not raise too many questions. I liked Cable, they seemed to really enjoy mocking his silly grimdark ascetic while still understanding why people like the character. I liked Russel and his arc though some of his jokes fell flat for me. Domino was cute and funny and watching her fight scenes were hilarious. I didn't really like the cab driver and I really hated TJ millar but they were both only in the movie briefly. I wish we got more Negasonic and Yukio, I feel like they could have used some fleshing out. Colossus is fantastic and I admit I have wanted to see him fight Juggy on screen since I was 8 years old. Overall a great movie.

Back