Just got back from seeing it:
I really appreciate what they can do action-wise with the higher rating. While it's impactful in a different way to DC's weighty fights, it's considerably better than the standard MCU fare where the hits feel like they aren't happening.
Domino was awesome.
I just didn't feel it when they tried for emotional significant moments. The constant Deadpool humour completely cut away the impact.
The 007 opening was cool.
Deadpool thinking Cable is a racist was pretty funny.

They did a great job with the relationships of the trailers to the film. They gave you a good feel for what the film would be like, but still left a bunch of stuff unspoiled. The main plot, the Juggernaut (bitch), the irrelevance of the X-Force.

Last edited:
Cable being played by Josh "Thanos" Brolin makes this hilarious because this is also someone afraid of a future that will come to pass who is willing to commit a horrible action to actually make things right.

I'm hoping Infinity War 2 is just Josh Brolin and Ryan Reynolds traveling back in time to Thanos's first genocide and shooting him 5000 times while some music by Cher plays.

This were a movie that I went saw

Am good movie. Am have strong feels about existence of Yukio and scenes her. Am like giant child plot device juggernaut, and small loop fat kid shit ideas how world work. Other people say sames, so focus on new words.

Am feel emotional scenes mostly exist to get undercut, so have more, but shorter

In same vein, screw dying monologue scene. Once good, twice reinforce joke, three times family guy tier shit writing

Am thinking humor were at best when meta. Did lose my shit over the crack at Josh Brolin only be 5'11", everything about cable too grimdark hard monologue man (secret racist), and entire credits sequence/epilogue scene

Also, very happy see shatterstar get fukt. Much good happen shit on Liefeld characters, jokes no draw feet man best jokes. No watch trailers on principle so X-Force no matter me (outside callback ending scene "X-person" very much lols)

Good movie. Much fun. Fridge...annoying, but happy pool no protagonist pool.

Last edited:
Deadpool going back in time and blowing out Ryan Reynold's brains before he could accept the Green Lantern script made my sides hit faster than light speeds after watching him gun down Barakapool made them enter orbit.

The entire baby legs sequence left me with difficulty breathing too.

Last edited:
Rude, crude, lewd, somewhat shrewd, fittingly silly and strangely heartwarming. Very much the essence of Deadpool.

Somewhat surprised at the fridging. It worked, but it's not a move that I'd have expected from that particular franchises playbook.

Domino is the best part, for me. I really like her, how she leans in so hard to enjoying life. She knows damn well fate is going to serve her the good times on a silver platter, and she acts like it. Her attitude is infectiously fun.

Very fun and funny. Domino was great. The laughs left me low on breath. But good? Eh, the whole film was kind of thematically vacuous compared to the first one; the underlying point was both simplistic and a bit empty compared to how the first one actually used Deadpool's physical condition as a representation of his mental image.

Seriously, these movies have to be their own timeline, there´s no way they fit in with the normal X-Men or the bleak future of Logan.

Seriously, these movies have to be their own timeline, there´s no way they fit in with the normal X-Men or the bleak future of Logan.
I've been assuming the Logan future isn't connected to the other films.

My assumption is that Deadpool takes place in the fixed time line after DoFP, because the Weapon X program goes completely different in that time line from what we know. Thus Wade isn't made into a mute thing, leading to him getting cancer and deadpool happening. IIRC, we saw Cyke alive in Deadpool, in that cameo, placing this definitely in the fixed time line.

First Class/X1/X2/X3/Origins/The Wolverine is one time line

First Class/DoFP/Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix movie coming soon/Deadpool/DP2 is another time line

Logan is either in the bleak future of the original time line, or is its own time line.

Some of us are pedantic and enjoy our pedantism :p Especially with the (presumably) more serious XForce movie coming next.

Yes but multiple past and future timelines that all exist equally and interact is a trademark of the X-universe. I mean for example Cable was born on 616 and had a close Psi bond with his half sister from 811 before he was sent to the future of 4935 and it gets more complicated from there. Multiple equally true futures and pasts (thanks to retcons) means you need some n-dimensional charts to explain in detail what is going on. Also Logan is clearly it's own timeline and the bleak future of the original timeline just like earth-811 is.

Yes but multiple past and future timelines that all exist equally and interact is a trademark of the X-universe. I mean for example Cable was born on 616 and had a close Psi bond with his half sister from 811 before he was sent to the future of 4935 and it gets more complicated from there. Multiple equally true futures and pasts (thanks to retcons) means you need some n-dimensional charts to explain in detail what is going on. Also Logan is clearly it's own timeline and the bleak future of the original timeline just like earth-811 is.

Also, there are two Yukios.

I really appreciate what they can do action-wise with the higher rating. While it's impactful in a different way to DC's weighty fights, it's considerably better than the standard MCU fare where the hits feel like they aren't happening.
Yeah compare Thor vs Hulk in Ragnarok to Colossus vs Juggernaut in Deadpool 2. In Thor vs Hulk, despite the much more dramatic displays of strength there is barely any sound effect when a hit is landed, which is accurate because the hits don't matter, they just weightlessly bounce around the arena, then get back up like its nothing. By comparison blows in Colossus vs Juggernaut land with booming force, as the characters twist limbs, break fingers, knock out teeth, dent faces, jam metal bars up crotches, you feel like they're really hurting each other and soldier on only because they're just that damn tough.

Last edited:
How can we talk about the Juggernaut and not mention the best part about him?

I liked it. I felt it was a bit better than the first one. I can't really tell why.
This is unrelated, but holy shitballs, popcorn is offensively expensive.

deeply enjoyed this movie.

All of X-force just fucking dying in increasingly horrible ways made my day.

Then deadpools time travelling adventures almost ended when i blacked out from laughing to much.

As a Juggernaut fan I am pleased, they also gave him a neat song to go with.

Watched it, was great. Pretty loose translation, but even in translation was mostly quite funny. Peter's (or was it Paul's) lines in the translation seemed less funny than in the original though. One trend I didn't get and that I have a strong suspicion has been in translation due to changing Cable's lines: why is everyone attributing racial motivations to Cable's grumpiness and perhaps implicitly some other actions? Like that time when he asks to tone down the music - something that typically all grumpy characters do regardless of who turned the radio on, but people seemed to imply that it was because the driver was Asia? Was there something lost in translation, or is this an allusion to something about Cable in the comics?

Watched it, was great. Pretty loose translation, but even in translation was mostly quite funny. Peter's (or was it Paul's) lines in the translation seemed less funny than in the original though. One trend I didn't get and that I have a strong suspicion has been in translation due to changing Cable's lines: why is everyone attributing racial motivations to Cable's grumpiness and perhaps implicitly some other actions? Like that time when he asks to tone down the music - something that typically all grumpy characters do regardless of who turned the radio on, but people seemed to imply that it was because the driver was Asia? Was there something lost in translation, or is this an allusion to something about Cable in the comics?
Because he shot Black Tom Cassidy, who's very white. Deapool accused him of being racist for that, and turned it into a running joke because Deadpool loves trolling Cable.

In the original, the music playing was Indian music.

The joke about Cable being racist started when he shot the character called Black Tom Cassidy (the "black" of which Deadpool gleefully interpreted as being a reference to race) and continued from there.

Back