Am I making a horrible mistake?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • YES!

Votes: 233 94.3%

• Total voters
So, how's my recording goes?

I cant wait to continue on the 3rd and 4th chapter, and if i am so inclined, the parody post and that 200th chapter A/N reaction as well.

I am curious.

I'm pretty sure I've already been working on better fic, since, y'know, GG. :V

Speaking of recording, @AWACS Sky Eye while I would totally get in on that, I think there are better things to use my voice on. Like, say, acting out @Nuts! awesome fanfic Madness.

This is the best part. The very best. Let it happen.

Sorry, Rabbit. It's as MagicianX26 says. Even if you offer me your Murakumo (which you will never do and which I will never accept because she loves you in her tsundere way; warmly embrace your Kumo alongside your Shigu), I've had enough trauma from the disastrous role-playing & writing group that I partook of during my college years. So thanks but no thanks, I'm staying out of that minefield.

In all honesty, let me break something down.

On March 21st of last year, I first saw this fic in the Kancolle Fanfic recs page on TV Tropes, and intrigued by the premise, started reading it. Two hours later, I was, and I'm kind of ashamed to say this, drawn in, such that when the major firefights broke out, or when there was a major location change, I actually had Google Maps, and later Earth, booted up so I could follow who was where at certain points in time. By the end of the day, I had gone through all 69 of the chapters that were up at that point.
For reference, this chapter is just before the Kaga/Shoukaku rescue op and assault on an Abyssal outpost in Concepion Bay, Canada, begins. The next chapter came up not an hour after I had finished the previous one

I sat back and just went.....WOW. And so I left a review....

Two months later, near the end of May, during the beginnings of the Nashville arc, I started the beginnings of the trope page. By that point however, I had seen some one-man army bullshit that is the final portion of the preceding Atlanta arc, but that didn't curb my interest. By mid-June, GD883 was contributing to the page as well.

However, on July 3, which also happened to be my birthday, Chapter 95, which contained the latter half of Operation Little Rock, was posted. What happened in it?

Hakyuu kills off Damon for the lulz

My jaw fucking dropped.

"Did he really just fucking do that?" I said.

A few days later on the 8th, as I was browsing through the Kancolle Fanfics and recs thread on SB, that I was starting to see chatter about that chapter. A search of the fic's title in that thread got me more posts......and some of them talked about how they insta-dropped the fic in the very first chapter after the hacking incident. This not only caused me to question my interest in the fic, but also led me to making my very first post on SB, which I will link HERE

In mid-August, work on the trope page was well underway, though as I mentioned, I backed away from posting new examples on the page a few months later.

Thank you de3ta for starting up your Let's Read, because it's given me a better opportunity to let me express my thoughts about this......drek fic (?), than I would've been able to in the fanfic recs thread.

...and now I realized that I was supposed to be setting other ships on fire in World of Warships tonight....

Good on you, HashiriyaR32. You made a mistake, but you listened to others and reviewed your past actions. You acknowledged your errors. You improved yourself. You moved on. You grew as a person and a writer.

You are and have always been a much better person than "Paul".

Go have fun on WOWS. And remember, if you spot a Myogi run by Sheo_Darren, go ahead and enjoy the free XP. I'm an incompetent BC captain. Chuunimumboat and Bearboat, though, are best boats.

We retaliate by making better fics?

Yes. This I can get behind.

I would like to think I've already been making better fics.

Boss, you go above and beyond the call of duty in creating better/betterer fics.

So, how's my recording goes?

I cant wait to continue on the 3rd and 4th chapter, and if i am so inclined, the parody post and that 200th chapter A/N reaction as well.

I am curious.

Pretty good. It's really nice to listen to when I'm commuting or walking back to the condo. The other people sharing the jeepney give me strange looks, though, because I'm sniggering or smirking.

Sorry, Rabbit. It's as MagicianX26 says.
Damn. Well, i was thinking we could have a scapegoat.... Like De3ta. But oh well, i get where you're coming from.
I'm pretty sure I've already been working on better fic, since, y'know, GG. :V
We need something more splash. Not just a re-write. Sasa had his magic and that made GG popular. We need something bigger... Something that'll blow everyone away.

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear A fanfic to surpass Ambience. Belbatt seems to be working its way though.

Damn. Well, i was thinking we could have a scapegoat.... Like De3ta. But oh well, i get where you're coming from.

We need something more splash. Not just a re-write. Sasa had his magic and that made GG popular. We need something bigger... Something that'll blow everyone away.

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear A fanfic to surpass Ambience. Belbatt seems to be working its way though.

Only if @theJMPer feeds it, waters it, remembers to update the FF.N version of it not longer after he updates it, gives it enough sun....

:p

Nah, you have too much potential. Now De3ta! De3ta can do it. Maybe....

Oh well.

What am I being signed up for? (The answer is yes btw)

You're actually aware of GG? I had no idea. Never seen you before. Please try to have more faith - we'll eventually hit new content.

Funny you should mention a fanfic to surpass Ambience, because I've actually been thinking about that since last year.

GG is all a dying dream of Enterprise's as she interfaced with a Nnavy black ops soldier named Yvonne Swanson. The real Yvonne Swanson is an ONI officer who was attached to a black ops cyborg team chasing after the source of the Abyssals - while combat cyborgs aren't the best assets to fight abyssals, the superior mental augmentations they have make them great at investigation and analysis. The real Swanson herself came up with the theory with the Abyssals, informed her team leader about it, and they shot it up the chain and went to Japan to investigate, and their investigation is still ongoing.

Enterprise was never Yvonne Swanson. She was never in Japan. Everything that's happened is just a dream and hallucination...

Listen only to the sound of my voice. Let your mind relax. Let your thoughts drift. Let the bad memories fade. Let peace be upon you. Surrender yourself to your dreams. Let them wash over you like the gentle waves of the bluest ocean. Let them envelop you. Comfort you.

Imagine somewhere calm. Imagine somewhere safe. Imagine yourself in a frozen sea. You're standing in a cove. Trees around you so tall, they touch the sky. Pure white snowflakes fall all around. You can feel them melt on your skin. You are not cold. It cannot overcome the warmth of your beating heart. Can you hear it? You only have to listen.

You hear it slowing? You're slowing it. You are in control. Calm. At peace.

Embrace the frozen sea and slip beneath the waves...

And that's not all:

"Swanson. Yamato. Leigh Gatch. All must die."

"The numbers, Akatsuki! What do the numbers mean?"

"My name is Verniy, and I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!"

And then there's the stunning conclusion:
"Abyssal sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back everything that we've lost! Are you with me, Yamato?!"

"Nagato... I'm already a demon..."

IN IRONBOTTOM SOUND

GIRLS BECOME DEMONS

KANTAI GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM FLEET

I'm surprised you're wishing me well, given your reputed hate for USN shipgirls as a concept. :V
Oh I hate the concept. With every fiber of my being down to the core that I can't even describe it in words.

But I liked GG, I liked Yamaprise. And I can always choose not to be an asshole all the time and respect people's stances and opinions. You guys are doing a pretty good job adding spices to the new GG and I like what I see.

Unless.... You'd rather not have me wishing you well..?

*checks fic lengths on FFN*

I'm probably around the 9th/10th longest KC fanfic...

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT APPARENTLY I'M THE 19TH LONGEST

Last edited:
Oh I hate the concept. With every fiber of my being down to the core that I can't even describe it in words.

But I liked GG, I liked Yamaprise. And I can always choose not to be an asshole all the time and respect people's stances and opinions. You guys are doing a pretty good job adding spices to the new GG and I like what I see.

Unless.... You'd rather not have me wishing you well..?
Being legit surprised/confused is all. Specially since I don't recall ever seeing you in any of the threads or liking any of the story post (Liiiiikes feeed me liiiiiiiiiiiiikes LIKES FOR THE LIKE THRONE!!!!)

(My name is Whiskey Golf and I am a recovering like addict. :p)

...man, you probably wouldn't like @Sheo Darren 's Eternity lol, where the JMSDF actually summons a bunch of ex-USN shipgirls. Who identify as Japanese. (The Military Assistance Program was a thing. :p) Or how the US finally gets a USS Montana... by capturing Yamato.

Being legit surprised/confused is all. Specially since I don't recall ever seeing you in any of the threads or liking any of the story post (Liiiiikes feeed me liiiiiiiiiiiiikes LIKES FOR THE LIKE THRONE!!!!)
I only liked Sasa's story posts. Only Sasa's posts. No, I'm not giving you any until you've given me something good.

And I think I posted once or twice. I forgooooot.

...man, you probably wouldn't like @Sheo Darren 's Eternity lol, where the JMSDF actually summons a bunch of ex-USN shipgirls. Who identify as Japanese. (The Military Assistance Program was a thing. :p) Or how the US finally gets a USS Montana... by capturing Yamato.
I read it. It's tolerable and interesting enough.

You were? I never noticed. That's cool I guess?
to be fair i only outed myself as the beta in November because I didn't want people chasing me for updates lol

But if you'd read the 1st chapter of the restart you'd have known that lol

@De3ta post more, your thread is getting too offtopic (i told you whiskey + painkillers is a bad combo :V)

Back