No point wasting millions on marketing a movie they already know is going to bomb. Hence no Superbowl teaser despite Stranger Things Season 2 having one.

I'm a bit hesitant to say that Wonder Woman will be as bad as Man of Steel or Batman v Superman. Given that it has a different director, writer, producer, and editor.

It's the first film in the DCEU where neither Snyder nor Goyer has any real involvement, so I'm gonna wait and see.

I'm a bit hesitant to say that Wonder Woman will be as bad as Man of Steel or Batman v Superman. Given that it has a different director, writer, producer, and editor.

It's the first film in the DCEU where neither Snyder nor Goyer has any real involvement, so I'm gonna wait and see.

Man of Steel was really good.

Batman v Superman, was better if you see the Director's Cut. Though even then, it still had some glaring flaws. It wasn't actually bad, though.

Man of Steel was really good.

Batman v Superman, was better if you see the Director's Cut. Though even then, it still had some glaring flaws. It wasn't actually bad, though.

If Zach Snyder needs a 3 hour(?) long directors cut to make BvS a "decent" movie then that's not a good sign for him or the movie.

If Zach Snyder needs a 3 hour(?) long directors cut to make BvS a "decent" movie then that's not a good sign for him or the movie.

The three hour cut was his original intention. The studio cut it down for the theatrical release to meet a run time that let's them get more showings a day. It's pretty obvious the cut material was always supposed to be shown, because it wasn't extra long action scenes, it was mostly plot points.

There were still problems, like the Death of Superman. That really should have taken place later in the franchise if they were going to do it at all. No one buys that Superman will stay dead after only 2 movies. On the other hand, 8 or 9 movies in, then kill him, we might wonder if Cavill's contract was up and they might let this stick.

The three hour cut was his original intention. The studio cut it down for the theatrical release to meet a run time that let's them get more showings a day. It's pretty obvious the cut material was always supposed to be shown, because it wasn't extra long action scenes, it was mostly plot points.

There were still problems, like the Death of Superman. That really should have taken place later in the franchise if they were going to do it at all. No one buys that Superman will stay dead after only 2 movies. On the other hand, 8 or 9 movies in, then kill him, we might wonder if Cavill's contract was up and they might let this stick.
Wait, wasn't his wife's company in charge of editing the movie?

Less than a month now. Get hyped.
I really really want this to be good. Not just because I like Wonder Woman, but because given BvS's utter teribleness and Suicide Squad being just average Wonder Woman is in my mind the last chance DC has at presenting a viable alternative to MCU. Which no matter how you feel about those films having DC being good as well and doing it by presenting a different feel is only a good thing.

Box Office Projections
Wonder Woman Box Office Projections Rise To $100 Million Opening

Also this is tangential but there is no DCEU Thread and it feels like it be a waste of time to make such a thread on this forum:

Batman v Superman Moves Into the All-Time Best Selling Blu-Ray List
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is the second installment into the DC Extended Universe, has ranked into the all-time best selling blu-ray list for the United States, ranking in at #48, with 2.32 million copies sold.
This is with the film being out on blu-ray for less than a year, meaning the number of sales will continue going up as time goes on.
What's also interesting, is that Man of Steel is ranked at #19 with 3.29 million copies sold. It's only time for Suicide Squad to make the list, as it's been outpacing Batman v Superman in sales since it's release, regarding where Batman v Superman was during the same time period as Suicide Squad is in it's homevideo sales.

The extended cuts being watchable seems to be a selling point, which is hilarious.

It's no lie, I did enjoy watching BvS, MoS, and SSquad, but I know they had problems. Still, given that the extended cuts of SS and BvS fixed some problems, this hopefully sends WB the message that people will buy movies when done better, so stop putting out Snyder's crap.

The extended cuts being watchable seems to be a selling point, which is hilarious.

It's no lie, I did enjoy watching BvS, MoS, and SSquad, but I know they had problems. Still, given that the extended cuts of SS and BvS fixed some problems, this hopefully sends WB the message that people will buy movies when done better, so stop putting out Snyder's crap.
That's an odd take away given that Snyder claims the extended cut is more representative of his vision of BvS. Honestly the big issues with the film are not in it's direction. On purely visual level it's a brilliant film. Miles ahead of the cookie cutter productions from Marvel. The issue is that movies are more than good visual direction and BvS utterly failed at that.

As far as I know, the Ultimate Cut was simply the original version of the movie but WB chopped it up for theatrical release.

That part was objectively not Snyder's fault.

I still refuse to watch a film where Batman kills casually. Just... no. It's such a fundamental misunderstanding of the character.

As far as I know, the Ultimate Cut was simply the original version of the movie but WB chopped it up for theatrical release.

That part was objectively not Snyder's fault.

No, it is objectively his fault.

He was the one who made an over-long, bloated film that suffered when it was cut long to a theatrical length. The buck stops with him, because it was his fucking job to make a theatrical release.

He was the one who made an over-long, bloated film that suffered when it was cut long to a theatrical length. The buck stops with him, because it was his fucking job to make a theatrical release.

And he did. But his bosses decided to cut it up because it's not like long movies have ever been successful *coughLordoftheRingscough* So the blame here lies with WB.

The Ultimate Cut was three hours long, shortened to two-and-a-half hours for theaters.

LOTR: Return of the King is almost three-and-a-half hours long and that was with the theatrical cut. Extended is even longer.

Audiences can plainly watch a three-hour movie but somebody at WB was like noooo, we need to remove important stuff from the film and fuck you. That 30 minutes that is extra but shouldn't have bee extra n made a lot of people happy.

This was something cool I found while looking up all this
Fans apologize to Zack Snyder after watching Ultimate Cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

And he did. But his bosses decided to cut it up because it's not like long movies have ever been successful *coughLordoftheRingscough* So the blame here lies with WB.

No, actually. That's part of his job. If the company wants a 2.5 hour movie, you make them one.

Batman vs Superman is no Lord of the Rings. It's not the fantasy novel. He's not converting an existing story which would mean there's a legitimate argument that you need that much time to do the story. The BvS script was bloated and flatulent, meandered all over the place, and wasted time. It needed a fire axe taken to it before filming started, to cut out the chaff and hone it down - and oh boy, does the lack of editing show.

Or to look at it from another angle if you're going to turn a blind eye to the poor script, Zack Syder does not have the industry kudos to say "I need a 3 hour film" and get away with it. He's no Spielberg. Therefore it's his fault for not making a film that fits within the time the company was willing to give him.

Last edited:
No, actually. That's part of his job. If the company wants a 2.5 hour movie, you make them one.

Batman vs Superman is no Lord of the Rings. It's not the fantasy novel. He's not converting an existing story which would mean there's a legitimate argument that you need that much time to do the story. The BvS script was bloated and flatulent, meandered all over the place, and wasted time. It needed a fire axe taken to it before filming started, to cut out the chaff and hone it down - and oh boy, does the lack of editing show.

Or to look at it from another angle if you're going to turn a blind eye to the poor script, Zack Syder does not have the industry kudos to say "I need a 3 hour film" and get away with it. He's no Spielberg. Therefore it's his fault for not making a film that fits within the time the company was willing to give him.
Didn't his wife do the editing for this film? And spot on for that industry kudos thing, as originally the studio's wanted to make Lord of the Rings into a single, 2-hour experience, before being convinced to expand it past that.

Back