They made her black in the Nu52 for synergy reasons (the failed TV-Show pilot had her played by Tracie Thoms), which is presumably the cause of your confusion.

Oh, that's why she was race lifted? Makes sense I guess. It felt pretty random to me before.

Earth One!Steve Trevor is likeable just for how he handles the whole "Crash landed on a sci-fi superwomen paradise" thing. That is, he basically is completely befuddled by all the events. A very amusingly realistic take on Steve Trevor's situation. You can practically hear him silently screaming for the plot to slow down as it unfolds around him.

The fact that he's black is actually a plot point, too. Honestly, the fact that the movie's a period piece set in a time when the US had an extremely racist president feels like a good reason to use that version, since there are interesting stories you could tell about that situation. Maybe that would lead to movie bloat though.

So who's the woman with the creepy segmented face?

Anyone think Vandal Savage will be involved somehow?

Can I get confirmation that a sword would be a really uncomfortable dress back?

Last edited:
Oh, that's why she was race lifted? Makes sense I guess. It felt pretty random to me before.

Earth One!Steve Trevor is likeable just for how he handles the whole "Crash landed on a sci-fi superwomen paradise" thing. That is, he basically is completely befuddled by all the events. A very amusingly realistic take on Steve Trevor's situation. You can practically hear him silently screaming for the plot to slow down as it unfolds around him.

The fact that he's black is actually a plot point, too. Honestly, the fact that the movie's a period piece set in a time when the US had an extremely racist president feels like a good reason to use that version, since there are interesting stories you could tell about that situation. Maybe that would lead to movie bloat though.

So who's the woman with the creepy segmented face?

Anyone think Vandal Savage will be involved somehow?

Can I get confirmation that a sword would be a really uncomfortable dress back?
Black men weren't allowed to be pilots in WW1.

I do hope this movie is good. I loved Man of Steel. And while I liked Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad, both still fell short of what they could have been. Doomsday should not have appeared in the second movie.

I get the feeling executive meddling has played a part in the short comings. They want these movies to set up this big movie universe, rather than taking the time to introduce these things in their own movies. And it gets in the way of the narrative. Suicide Squad would have been better as the 8th or 9th movie of the franchise, if they introduced these villains, or at least mostly of them, in heroes' movies.

Hopefully, Wonder Woman will get things back on track.

I heard that Ares was a cloud in the original cut, but it got negative reactions so they changed him into something more badass. I was like "Woah! They listened!" I can't believe is that they took the hint. Things might be turning around for the DCEU.

Back