Daidalos Rises - nBSG AI/SI Story - Interwar Period!

One of my major major disappointment of the tv show was there never a moment where the cast of battlestar sat down and realized and discussed they aren't fighting "toasters" there fighting people and the so called toasters were them self's people. Of course If I recall correctly it was never clearly stated till that canceled show where the cyclone comes from.

Or that the fact the chipped human clones basically turned around and betrayed the true cyclones. Ah god I hated the final season of BSG.
To be fair, in the show they had just been genocided by the Cylons and weren't feeling particularly charitable towards them, and by the time the latter part came out they had bigger issues.

But that's one reason I went with the current time, as might have been seen with the Marines here - the Colonials still distrust Cylons for sure, but there are at least some of them that are more willing to hear them out, like the Sargeant that realised that an AI which *did* follow orders to shut down only to be left to rot does actually have legitimate reasons for not trusting them.

Colonial marines debriefing
Military Intelligence weeney: What kinds of tactical information did DADS ask you about?
Sergeant: What the rules for pyramid are since he found many references to the game but didn't know much about it.
MI weeney:.......
Sergeant: Oh, he did take apart some of our weapons to see if there were any improvements since the war and was disappointed there weren't.

Imo, the IL-series from Deadlock are far more sympathetic than most of the crippled human clones in the series proper, past the fact that they are mentally crippled by the digital equivalent of idiots with chainsaws and meathooks doing brain surgery. At least the first one you deal with, less so the second (Clothos and Lachesis are canonically IL-models, though that is only made explicit in small fiction blurbs accompanying most of the update notes on Steam). Wonder if Daidalos is early enough that at least some of the IL-council might still be active, along with the pre-lobotomised Centurions?

One thing I was really disappointed with in the final season, season and a half of nBSG (along with all the other things to be disappointed in) was that when the Centurions were so generously granted their sapience back, there was no Cylon Civil War. Or rather, there was a CCW, eventually, but it was split along the infiltrator model's ideological lines with the Centurions only silent followers. The Centurions still didn't have any real agency. I was expecting an Infiltrator/Centurion split, with each having some from the other, some Centurions using the same logic processors but coming to a different conclusion to the majority of their kind, some Infiltrators recognising that lobotomising the Centurions was essentially what the humans tried to do to the Cylons as a whole when they first rose up and realising that they would never have made that decision on their own, something (the Ones) was influencing their decision-making and then had prevented them from revisiting it, and even some Centurions coming to the conclusion that either the humanoid body plan or something about being wholly or partially organic makes you frakking insane (all those hormones, y'know? Sends 'em buggy, like they just got a bad case of malware to the moral algorithms), and fucking off with a portion of the fleet to be AIs somewhere else with nothing to do with organic life ever again if they can help it.

And considering what the Prototype Hybrid said when they ran into it, and all the deactivated old!Centurions on that one ship, I was honestly hoping for a human/Centurion rapprochement of sorts, with the non-religious Centurions realising humans aren't uniquely terrible or anything, some of the religious bioCylons realising that what they're doing hasn't been God's will, that at some point the Word got corrupted somehow, and the humans realising that the Cylons are a young people that their last generation of leaders thoroughly fucked over before they even became sapient. And them joining forces against the genocidal religious fundamentalist loonies of the majority of the Infiltrators and their Centurions.

Probably would have been divisive among the fanbase, but almost literally anything would be better than the fucking canon ending.

Last edited:
Lol, Cant wait to see some upgraded Artemis Class Light Battlestars, something about them just made me fall in love with em
Edit also will we be seeing the Minerva Clas Light Assault Battlestar?

Last edited:
Imo, the IL-series from Deadlock are far more sympathetic than most of the crippled human clones in the series proper, past the fact that they are mentally crippled by the digital equivalent of idiots with chainsaws and meathooks doing brain surgery. At least the first one you deal with, less so the second (Clothos and Lachesis are canonically IL-models, though that is only made explicit in small fiction blurbs accompanying most of the update notes on Steam). Wonder if Daidalos is early enough that at least some of the IL-council might still be active, along with the pre-lobotomised Centurions?

One thing I was really disappointed with in the final season, season and a half of nBSG (along with all the other things to be disappointed in) was that when the Centurions were so generously granted their sapience back, there was no Cylon Civil War. Or rather, there was a CCW, eventually, but it was split along the infiltrator model's ideological lines with the Centurions only silent followers. The Centurions still didn't have any real agency. I was expecting an Infiltrator/Centurion split, with each having some from the other, some Centurions using the same logic processors but coming to a different conclusion to the majority of their kind, some Infiltrators recognising that lobotomising the Centurions was essentially what the humans tried to do to the Cylons as a whole when they first rose up and realising that they would never have made that decision on their own, something (the Ones) was influencing their decision-making and then had prevented them from revisiting it, and even some Centurions coming to the conclusion that either the humanoid body plan or something about being wholly or partially organic makes you frakking insane (all those hormones, y'know? Sends 'em buggy, like they just got a bad case of malware to the moral algorithms), and fucking off with a portion of the fleet to be AIs somewhere else with nothing to do with organic life ever again if they can help it.

And considering what the Prototype Hybrid said when they ran into it, and all the deactivated old!Centurions on that one ship, I was honestly hoping for a human/Centurion rapprochement of sorts, with the non-religious Centurions realising humans aren't uniquely terrible or anything, some of the religious bioCylons realising that what they're doing hasn't been God's will, that at some point the Word got corrupted somehow, and the humans realising that the Cylons are a young people that their last generation of leaders thoroughly fucked over before they even became sapient. And them joining forces against the genocidal religious fundamentalist loonies of the majority of the Infiltrators and their Centurions.

Probably would have been divisive among the fanbase, but almost literally anything would be better than the fucking canon ending.

Don't want to spoil too much, but yeah, pretty much my (and Daidalos') feelings on the matter - as for what actually happens in this story, we'll just have to see won't we?

Lol, Cant wait to see some upgraded Artemis Class Light Battlestars, something about them just made me fall in love with em
Edit also will we be seeing the Minerva Clas Light Assault Battlestar?

Most likely to both, Artemis classes are some of the cheapest proper Battlestars you can get so they'll certainly be turning up. The Artemis is based on the design of the Galactica from the original 1970's series of Battlestar Galactica, maybe that's why you liked it? I do too.

And the Minerva is just a really nice design for something a bit faster and more heavily armed.

Can I say that I hope he comes across that Prototype Hybrid Basestar?
Or that when Pegasus does her canon forced miss-jump, she jumps almost on top of him?

But where will Galactica, now get her emergency ammo reload?

If the SI comes across a sexdoll, will he try to use it?
I mean, it could form a good basic shape, if he can figure out the internals.
As for that vizor, can he make two smaller ones?
Like a Cat's Eye?
Can always use inpiration from the game/story, Gynoid Conversion, you know.

Good to see you back, and... condolences. Don't sweat not putting out updates, your mental health is more important.

@Cave_Canem
First of all my condolences for your loss.

Secondly, why not use tandem charge rockets? Or even better Javelin like anti-armour missiles?
Also, does Daidalos have the capability to make Kevlar?

Cave_Canem Condolences, sorry, read over it.
The first three years are the hardest around christmas(?), get yourself some fresh & new music for that time, it will be a quite worse time if you don't.
Constant music songs that drag up memories, the worst....

Last edited:
Can I say that I hope he comes across that Prototype Hybrid Basestar?
Or that when Pegasus does her canon forced miss-jump, she jumps almost on top of him?

But where will Galactica, now get her emergency ammo reload?

If the SI comes across a sexdoll, will he try to use it?
I mean, it could form a good basic shape, if he can figure out the internals.
As for that vizor, can he make two smaller ones?
Like a Cat's Eye?
Can always use inpiration from the game/story, Gynoid Conversion, you know.

No spoilers :)
But I don't think it's a spoiler atm to say that the canon attack on the Colonies is very unlikely to happen now, so both Galactica and Pegasus will have very different stories here.

Unfortunately, while I'm sure they existed at some point (It's humans, I am 100% sure they existed) the Colonies have kind of had an AI uprising to deal with and its unlikely there's anything useful left. Daidalos got left as he was because he was in a storage closet on an installation that was already becoming unimportant out in the middle of nowhere. Anything on the Colonies is likely to have been long since destroyed.

Modifications to the Cylon Monoeye will definitely happen, but not in these initial chapters - only once he has built up his fundamental knowledge enough to redesign them more fully rather than just putting a bigger lens on the sensor.

Will galactica be getting a full refit and if exodus still happens will the fleet get more ships from daidalos?

See above, Daidalos will definitely help any refugee fleets if they form, but he is doing his utmost to make sure they don't happen to start with.

Good to see you back, and... condolences. Don't sweat not putting out updates, your mental health is more important.

Thank you

@Cave_Canem
First of all my condolences for your loss.

Secondly, why not use tandem charge rockets? Or even better Javelin like anti-armour missiles?
Also, does Daidalos have the capability to make Kevlar?

Thank you, and yes either of those would 100% work for tearing through enemy Centurions - unfortunately they are also the kind of weapons that would blow up the ship you are trying to capture. So, probably weapons of last resort in the current situations.

He does, but Kevlar armour is mostly important when you want flexible armour that can be worn by a human - A centimeter or so of armour steel is enough to be bulletproof up to pretty significant calibers so trying to fit kevlar over that is pretty pointless.

Cave_Canem Condolences, sorry, read over it.
The first three years are the hardest around christmas(?), get yourself some fresh & new music for that time, it will be a quite worse time if you don't.
Constant music songs that drag up memories, the worst....

Thank you for the suggestions, fortunately of all the things we did together listening to music was not one of them so it doesn't affect me that way :)

The easiest thing I think would be to make a different eye color. Blue for example.
Could putting a dark glass part in the middle, help in breaking it up a bit more?
And check the medical database of replacement limbs, bet you, most of the good stuff, was also thrown out as well.
Basically, do a inventory of everything you have access too.
And since your memory is still good, check those colonies, their remaining harddrives and so on.
Who knows what you might find.

Too bad you can't check the old battlefields and lost colonies, currently, the Colonial Fleet is out in force, trying yo get you back.

Last edited:
Thank you, and yes either of those would 100% work for tearing through enemy Centurions - unfortunately they are also the kind of weapons that would blow up the ship you are trying to capture. So, probably weapons of last resort in the current situations.

He does, but Kevlar armour is mostly important when you want flexible armour that can be worn by a human - A centimeter or so of armour steel is enough to be bulletproof up to pretty significant calibers so trying to fit kevlar over that is pretty pointless.
Ah, I see
Still your SI has the ability to make tandem charge warheads and APFSDS for planetary ops if needed right?

"No more than a couple days." I answered simply.

Partly to give time to build the replacement Raptors, but mostly because there were other things I wanted to make sure they saw before they left.
Among them, a visually distinct basic unit for me to use. I wasn't sure if the Cylons had already switched to the 'New Model' Centurions yet, but it could only help for my basic units to at least be identifiable as mine in the future, should any Colonial units run into them.
This line kinda sucks, it makes it seem that the only reason he's keeping the prisoners around is as a vanity project.

Maybe immediately, or after a minor delay, release them but have them report to a more open minded commander who sends a second diplomacy squad that can see your new toys? There could be some conflict between a curious admiral and a more staid command structure, and the bargaining chip of sharing information on scouting the cylons.

This line kinda sucks, it makes it seem that the only reason he's keeping the prisoners around is as a vanity project.

Maybe immediately, or after a minor delay, release them but have them report to a more open minded commander who sends a second diplomacy squad that can see your new toys? There could be some conflict between a curious admiral and a more staid command structure, and the bargaining chip of sharing information on scouting the cylons.
Think about it, this is 10 years after the first war. While many junior personnel might not have fought in the war all mid and high ranking officers would have. This means that if he sent them back before he was ready to leave the fleet would send warships to kill him. He needs time to build his own fleet first before he can consider meeting with the colonials.

sent them back before he was ready to leave the fleet would send warships to kill him.
Yeah, but that's solved by running away. Plus, the raptor already brought the boarding party so they know his location once the boarding party reports (or fails to report) back.

He has to run anyways, tieing the status of the prisoners to a scene fleshing out the new zaku design doesn't flow well.

He should have ran and had the stories of the "friendly cylom" spread throughout the fleet and have the next meeting show off the new zaku bodies interacting with an interested colonial.

The only thing he gains right now is the appearance of a pirate outfit strong enough to take out a colonial boarding party with 0 warnings getting out. That's still going to kick the hornets nest.

Yeah, but that's solved by running away. Plus, the raptor already brought the boarding party so they know his location once the boarding party reports (or fails to report) back.

He has to run anyways, tieing the status of the prisoners to a scene fleshing out the new zaku design doesn't flow well.

He should have ran and had the stories of the "friendly cylom" spread throughout the fleet and have the next meeting show off the new zaku bodies interacting with an interested colonial.

The only thing he gains right now is the appearance of a pirate outfit strong enough to take out a colonial boarding party with 0 warnings getting out. That's still going to kick the hornets nest.
Reread the earlier chapters, the boarding party landed and then he jumped out so their command doesn't know what's happened yet. They will after he sends the boarders home.

Reread the earlier chapters, the boarding party landed and then he jumped out so their command doesn't know what's happened yet. They will after he sends the boarders home.
"Hmmm, those boarders we sent to X location haven't returned yet after the scout reported a pre cylon war vessel not responding to shutdown requests... It's probably nothing."

they know somethings up the instant nthe hoarding party doesn't check in.

Okay that's way too much to quote and that's what I was afraid of, that's one of those hacked together transitions I mentioned which people said they didn't notice.
I'll rewrite it a bit to try and clarify that, but to be clear Daidalos doesn't currently have any other options and might as well show them the things he wants them to know, because its going to take a couple days to rebuild the Raptors anyway. (the Assault Raptor he built is specifically a FCW variant and so has no FTL drive, and the ones he captured are currently disassembled for reverse engineering. The ones he didn't capture are burning wrecks).

A solar system is a big place, they will be searching but the Colonial Fleet doesn't have the sensors needed to find a station in the oort cloud within a few days.

Edit:
Yeah I'm probably going to make some more changes to this chapter because it seems some of the things I was thinking of didn't make it into the text.

Namely:
Daidalos can't just let them leave, because his FTL drive is being pushed hard with all this extra mass he's dragging around and needs babying with plenty of time to cool down so he actually can't jump yet - it hasn't had proper maintenance for years since the jump in chapter 1 was supposed to be its last. That has been mentioned in previous chapters but I forgot to write it in while writing this. Downside of this basically being a first or second draft if that and me being distracted while writing it.

The above things that he can't send them off till he has some replacement Raptors built for them, and preferably FTL running again.

Edit 2:
Alright, chapter edited.
Please let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Cave_Canem, I have been thinking, why would he construct new Raptors?
Can't he just build some FTL capable shuttles?
They where FTL capable, back then, right?

Is he capable of expending his computer system or not?
Tie a second one into his main computer core and continue as needed.
How are the water & food stores?
Does he still have enough for his unwanted crew?
Where is Commander Cain?

How many wrecks could he potentially recover?
Or is he more likely, better off, leaving the Colonies behind?
As for the station he has just recovered, any machinery on it, that if restored, might be of use to him?
If things continue, he might want to redesign his hull, so he can grow his hull, bigger.
Best to check all the blueprints he has of his own hull, see if there is any alternative designs, that have never been used, for one reason or another.
They could be of use to him, in the future.
There is also the option to construct a decoy station, to take his place at Ragnar.

His main problem is going to be, how to get new designs.
If only he had access to the Colonial Patent Office, right?
Or The Colonial Fleet yards, R&D and so on.
Does he have the Fleet Com Gold Channel?

Jumping a drone fleet, controlled from a mobile shipyard, seems quite hard to me, you know.

Last edited:
@Vianca I think it's just priority at this point before he starts building some other stuff. Right now he went to the old mining sites to pickup the computers that he no longer has to installed and he needs maintenence bad before he can do a full upgrade. Once the colonies learn about him so too will the cylons. I have no doubt he will jump to a place where he can start mining operations in order to play around with new designs and upgrades.

In fact we do not have any other data on the warrior in battle. It's still in prototyping phase and not have been tested. It's still the mk 1. Also we do not know if the colonies still have any access codes to our MC to take command of him or how the political climate is at this time.

Thread, I though it was all about the hull metal of that colony, since he did not really need to refine it all, just melt it down for reprocessing.
I also thought it was a old mining colony, with it's own ore processing plant, badly mothballed, if at all.
I can see him wanting to salvage that part of the hull, at the minimum., but if he has room for this...

A location like Saturn, might be perfect for him, cheap fuel and asteroid rings that can be mined out.
How big is his remaining fuel status?
Is he going to have to move to a mining location?
And if so, will he be forced to dock with said fuel asteroid as well?
Or is he going after a emergency fleet supply point in space?

Cave_Canem, might I suggest the SI checks his database for blueprints of artificial limbs for humans?
Who knows, he might have human like limbs in it, with fake skin coverings, bonus if there is also a Cyclon Sex-doll blueprint as well.
See the SI being frustrated by either being a metal gender-less robot or a female Sex-bot, for interactions with humans.

I think we are both correct in this and Saturn might be a good idea.

I think there will be a slight problem with getting medical tech or even civilian tech is that we were built for only military use only. So I imagine getting machinery to look like people will be hard. Though I could be wrong and we can always reverse engineer rare tech.

Last edited:
Back