CV12Hornet Cleans Out His Fanfiction Favorites List (Beware of Shit Taste)

Which list should I go through first?

• Fanfiction.net

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • FIMfiction.net

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Spacebattles

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Sufficient Velocity.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Assorted SB Fics New

NuBSG/Star Trek: Rescue Mission

By: Fabius Maximus

The Twelve Colonies have been shattered. They could use every ship in Starfleet. Unfortunately, the people who found them have three corvettes and a transport.

On the other hand, they're Federation ships.
Even for its short length this fic feels incomplete. It refuses to dwell very long on any of the story concepts it starts with, and that leads to a sparse, choppy narrative.

I went back and forth on this for a bit, but you're not on the list.

The Chasm of Years and Worlds (Madoka/MtG)

By: 0th Law

At the end of one of Homura's many loops, Madoka doesn't make a contract. Instead, something deep inside her soul ignited, and she Planeswalked for the first time. Three years later, she returns to Earth, only to find that somehow, time has gone backwards instead of forwards.
This fic gets major points for originality. A Planeswalker Madoka re-entering the timeloops to figure out what the fuck is going on? Yes please! The other Madoka still in the timeloops no longer being Puella Magi eligible? A twist I appreciate and would have loved to see more of.

There are some perspective clarity issues when the two Madokas are in the same room, but that's not a dealbreaker. You're on the list!

Long Walk Home [MCU/KSBD Crossover]

By: ubiquitouch

Earth 616 is, for the first time, permanently connected to the greater Multiverse. Even as he deals with the exposing of his secret identity, Peter Parker must now also navigate the possibility of Earth being conquered and stripped of resources by an empire larger than human comprehension, and this strange man who insists that he is a warrior of prophecy.
While I am interested in the MCU and KSBD settings interacting, particularly in a diplomatic setting, that summary is setting off several alarm bells for me. Peter Parker as one of Zoss' heirs is... sus, put it that way. And after some of the MCU crossovers I've read centering on Peter, I have no faith the author won't make this a pile of suffering and misery.

Well, it's dead anyway, so that makes things easier. You're not on the list.

We the People (Kancolle)

By: TrashyBoi

Arms and the man, I sing, who, forced by fate / and haughty Juno's unrelenting hate. - The Aeneid
Honestly, I like this take on Constitution. It's very different from my own - I don't subscribe to the leveling effect going on and as the one most up to date on modern technology and culture thanks to actually going sailing periodically - but I do like her period attitude and the fact that she defeats the equivalents to multiple steel warships tickles my funny bone.

Really hoping this comes back at some point. You're on the list!

The idea of extradimensional visitors to Madoka being able to skip a reset itself isn't new. There have been a couple Nanoha crossovers that take a similar approach.

That's not a bad thing though, these usually give an interesting outside perspective. This one included.

Back