Unless her parents are much more badass than I've assumed they seem to be in a world more like the video game, than the lore.

The bunny junior seems nice, but i feel like the sheer existence of a carnivorous rabbit means you're legally obligated to create a holy hand grenade. The pigeons on the roof narrowly escaped death, this time. Also, her parents are in Skyrim (or somewhere similar), that's gotta be interesting. The chapter was fun thanks for the update! (Also, is it just me or did the SB thread randomly disappear?)

Um... Is it just me or was the spacebattles thread deleted?
I was reading chapter an it had an error when I tried to like. Then it said thread not found on reload, then i'm not seeing it in the forum anymore, then I can't find it when using search bar?

Um... Is it just me or was the spacebattles thread deleted?
I was reading chapter an it had an error when I tried to like. Then it said thread not found on reload, then i'm not seeing it in the forum anymore, then I can't find it when using search bar?
Not just you. I even checked by Spira's username and there are zero threads/comments matching it anywhere on SB.

Thank goodness for Spira's cross forum hygiene.

EDIT/UPDATE:

Just got info: the thread was apparently moderator killed because it was reported for having (nonexistent) child-nudity. Might just be in mod queue before restoration.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited:
One of the moderators put the thread into content review due to allegedly having "non-adult people being naked." Not only is the MC much older than that, but she's an elf of 27, which should be at least as physically mature as an adult, but even so I don't spend any time describing her "nakedness" other than the fact that she is naked.

I'm not willing to make any edits, so if they don't change their mind I just won't publish that story on SB anymore, I guess?

One of the moderators put the thread into content review due to allegedly having "non-adult people being naked." Not only is the MC much older than that, but she's an elf of 27, which should be at least as physically mature as an adult, but even so I don't spend any time describing her "nakedness" other than the fact that she is naked.

I'm not willing to make any edits, so if they don't change their mind I just won't publish that story on SB anymore, I guess?
What almost certainly happened is that the moderator who assigned it for review just auto-moved it without reading anything. They seem to use a kanban style queue or something along those lines to process things.

You might need to wait two weeks or as in my own case over a month... Though in your case they'd only need to read one chapter, we hope, to have an accurate understanding and release the thread.

Again, my sympathies for this. Someone clearly is abusing the moderation system for surreal and trollish purposes and that's just aggravating.

Maybe they assumed the protagonist was the same as in skitterdoc so "under age" even thou form my reading sufficient time passed that even if she was Taylor and 16 at the start she would be 18 ish now (near a year waiting for the ride and over a year at the school)

On that note can we haz a chapter of skitterdoc while this clears up :)

Maybe there was some reading comprehension problem with the young emperor being in a brothel.

Never mind about the Skyrimming, is the Sect actually the Xianxia Stargate Program or something?
It's a common Xianxia trope for high ranking cultivators to go to space or enter higher ranking dimensions through various methods including but not limited to Ascension.

Maybe there was some reading comprehension problem with the young emperor being in a brothel.
Uggghhh... That kind of cross-cultural insensitivity/ignorance is annoying. But also very unlikely as the Boy Emperor himself was never proximal to anything like that.

Especially as "Flower Pavilions" were very much like mullets. Legitimate business in the front, fun party hidden in the back.

A fairly common Xianxia story set up is to have a long term war going on with other planets, so it's possible that there are demi-plane battlegrounds between different planets there.

It's... very relevant to this story that sometimes it's not other planets, but literally cosmic horrors from outer space.

Last edited:
Maybe they assumed the protagonist was the same as in skitterdoc so "under age" even thou form my reading sufficient time passed that even if she was Taylor and 16 at the start she would be 18 ish now (near a year waiting for the ride and over a year at the school)

On that note can we haz a chapter of skitterdoc while this clears up :)
I mean... if that were the case I figured they would have had a problem with the fact that hardly a chapter goes by where she isn't lewded by somebody, even if I don't describe it in detail. I intended the MC to be in an adult body from the beginning, otherwise I wouldn't have her having a legit punch-card style reward program for her nearest brothel. Your 10th prostitute is free!

@SpiraSpira -- Oh look a wild distraction:

One of the reasons necromancers are the best wizards is that they can use animated skulls as part of their magical spreadsheet technology.

Merildwen in red robes when?

It was tended to by the strange novel Viking-looking undead in the underground ruins that they had been studying. This lesser undead would seem almost to worship the lich's sarcophagus, transferring a little life energy to it every day. My parents had apparently disturbed the false lich while attempting to learn more about the strange ecosystem, acting almost like an undead sociologist examining the culture of an uncontacted tribe in the rainforest.
Is that Skyrim?

It looked like I wasn't the only one that was sent far away. Something about what they described sounded familiar, especially the embossings of dragons that covered the sarcophagus, but I couldn't quite place it. Dragons weren't exactly a unique iconography, after all.
That IS Skyrim!

Yeah, just putting a poor soul in her "Excel" will probably be a lot easier than reinventing modern computing.
I mean, the goal (moral justification for public consumption) of the exercise of her necromancy is to cleanse her victims of their karmic debts through torture anyhow, right?

Something something ennobled by labor.

Last edited:
especially since I didn't have any background in electrical engineering, electronics or computer science.
I mean, some of nuclear engineering is plumbing, but I thought you also need some electrical engineering.

And someone in those fields would definitely have taken a coding class or a pressure and valve logic class.
Depending on the school basic coding classes can be very 'replicate this canned code I'm going to show you and apply it to this circuit I'll show you how to build' but pressure and valve logic is always more unique to the student, all the projects involve figuring out how to make a list of effects happen in order based on your own understanding of logic gates and what other people haven't taken from the box yet.

Is that Skyrim?

That IS Skyrim!

I had posted it over in SB, before the great disappearance, but TES is dangerous as f*ck. Dragonbreaks. When the World decides every possible ending to a game is canonical.

Though hopefully if Mei Wen remembers CHIM she might be able to help her parents out. CHIM is the process of making the world recognize you as a PC and not an NPC.

If it is it might've been a Dragon Priest. (Can't recall any other Draugr casters, but it has been ages.)
If it was a Dragon Priest they would have got a much harder fight on their hands. Maybe they could have managed to wrangle one of the weakest but even those would be extremely dangerous. Unless of course they got sent to game world instead of lore world TES.

O shit, they in Skyrim!
How tho?
The entirety of Nirn and the surrounding planes are just the dream of an eldritch being, so them being from outside should automatically qualify her parents for CHIM (essentially godhood by manipulating the dream like its your own lucid dream) right?
That seems really fucking broken.

edit: ninja'd :ninja:

Last edited:
How tho?
The entirety of Nirn and the surrounding planes are just the dream of an eldritch being, so them being from outside should automatically qualify her parents for CHIM (essentially godhood by manipulating the dream like its your own lucid dream) right?
That seems really fucking broken.

edit: ninja'd :ninja:
An eldrich dream... The dream of an eldrich being.... a being like [Our Pet Goat] perhaps?

Back