Conquer The Posleen! An SV Council Game (Applications Open)

@Gideon020 so, how many turns until our loans to China to improve it's research apparatus bare fruit, exactly?

I didn't think that was the Council game in question... especially seeing as I was also in it, on the Nazi side... well, what would have been the Nazi's if we hadn't somehow made Hitler believe it was better to be the Knight of Europe...

Still kinda annoyed that how Gideon worded things meant we didn't think automated actions were as easy as you guys in the Soviets discovered... But that's just one of the issues everyone runs into eventually, so I'm treating it as a lesson...

Also kinda miffed that you picked Happery to be in next Gideon, when you already had a waiting list 3 long...

Well technically Gideon can change his mind on that. Not like Happerry's posted yet, so yeah.

And I decided I'm going to work on napalm munition designs.

I believe Strunk's already doing that...

And players? Just a suggestion, but if you can't think of anything else to do for your military action, doing extensive wargames would always be good. And having multiple people work on that means you can have the wargames run, and identify any exemplary soldiers to recruit, as well as search for weaknesses.

Gideon, which countries are in the EU? Cause people are acting like Poland is in it, when Poland didn't join til '04; and we only got the Swiss and Iceland in the last recruiting efforts.

Gideon, which countries are in the EU? Cause people are acting like Poland is in it, when Poland didn't join til '04; and we only got the Swiss and Iceland in the last recruiting efforts.

I've been wondering that too. Maybe a bit more world building to understand the state of the world?

Oops. Forgot they didn't join until 2004.

Uh, Poland embarked on increased militarization due to it's NATO ties.

So Strunk's action would be having the military personel in the EU going to their Polish counterparts and going "You know how we suggested we'd appreciate it if you increased your militarization? We... might have been impatient... and Russia might be more militant than believed... Might if you helped us reduce tensions with them?"

Tempted to do the '04 enlargement now. You know, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, and Slovenia.

Also still debating what to spend the miracle benefits on. We can do AI research in half a year: I think we'll be fine on that front.

Tempted to do the '04 enlargement now. You know, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, and Slovenia.

Wouldn't that be likely to seriously escalate Russian tensions if you did that?

And if you are willing to escalate those tensions (especially as Russia apparently can't use nukes due to the Geneva thingy, thus mitigating the single greatest threat that Russia poses) why not go whole hog and snap up Bulgaria and Romania as well? Open talks with Ukraine, Georgia and Armenia at the same time for future ascension. The last two would really help if you plan on bringing in Turkey as well.

Also still debating what to spend the miracle benefits on. We can do AI research in half a year: I think we'll be fine on that front.

It'll take 7 turns of spending all our RP ONLY on AI to complete it. And we aren't gonna do that because we have other things we need as well. Just use it on AI, please.

Just a question, but does the fact Happery is basically spending an entire turns research mean you effectively don't get any RP income next turn, but still manage to complete the research? Or do you run into issues? Because currently you guys are using more RP than you have...

I did it. AI research now done.

I also unified Europe while I was at it. Hopefully last months financial intergration should make this smoother. Plus the fact that each country has all the powers it used to bar like three. Most notable is the ability to leave. The other two are that technically any sovereign's like Queen Liz are not technically sovereign of their realm (well, Lizzy is of Canada, NZ, Oz, but not the UK. It's not like she did anything any way), and that they also don't have the right to disagree with EU directives anymore. It's not like they did before, that would ruin the point of the EU, but they could have if they wanted. Except now they cant.

I spend too much time doing abstract political stuff, don't i?

Have you assigned RP's to your new research? Because looking into the Higgs Boson sounds like something that would take a while at 100 RP...

Unless Gideon's increased that since your RP income is much higher than he probably thought it would be for a while...

Back