Conquer The Posleen! An SV Council Game (Applications Open)

Don't worry, going from past experience, I'm sure his disreputable cousin, Nat One, will be showing up to join the party sooner or later.

Speaking of things, any chance I can convince you to switch yer research to industrial nanotech? A universal european language really isn't all that useful ATM.

Considering how important that will be in unifying the EU, and how expensive it is, it's probably better to start that sooner, rather than later, and let it just tick over time...

That said, I notice none of you guys built the ITER this turn? Any plans to do so?

Considering how important that will be in unifying the EU, and how expensive it is, it's probably better to start that sooner, rather than later, and let it just tick over time...

That said, I notice none of you guys built the ITER this turn? Any plans to do so?
I thought about it. Decided I'll work on that next round.

Speaking of things, any chance I can convince you to switch yer research to industrial nanotech? A universal European language really isn't all that useful ATM.
Not so sure about that, one of our biggest long term issues is the fact that we aren't all unified and that our national armies may not want to sacrifice themselves for someone else's nation, our nations can go off and do there own thing, the prospects of someone playing divide and conquer with us, and so on.

Mm, though Industrial Nanotechnology is going to be faster... right, I'll do that this turn, but I really think we're gonna need that language sooner then later.

Just devote 300k RP a turn to it next turn. Gets you the tech a month(?) earlier whilst not being too great an increase. And you have a larger reserve of RP to splurge on things.

So, assuming my attempted tech-theft went as planned, anyone familiar with what kind of technology we can expect to find in GalFed devices?

Gonna lurk on this rather then put my name in the waiting list but I've got a suggestion for you guys to look into: Jackets from edge of tomorrow. they should be a massive force multiplier for infantry while being easier to manufacture then Mighty Mite's supersuits.

Last edited:
What you mean is invent good Exosuits, and then work on Power Armour?

Makes a lot of sense considering that's what militaries are trying to do today... :p

The Molecular Computing should help a lot, though you guys could probably also benefit by researching more effective batteries and capacitors if you try for that. Fuel Cells as well, but they would be less useful for infantry as they are usually heavier, and more importantly, if ruptured, have a tendency to cause a lot of collateral damage.

What you mean is invent good Exosuits, and then work on Power Armour?

Makes a lot of sense considering that's what militaries are trying to do today... :p

The Molecular Computing should help a lot, though you guys could probably also benefit by researching more effective batteries and capacitors if you try for that. Fuel Cells as well, but they would be less useful for infantry as they are usually heavier, and more importantly, if ruptured, have a tendency to cause a lot of collateral damage.
thing is that most armor materials humans can make at this point without the Federation's help (aka having the Federation sell humans the armor at excessive prices) are not going to stop Posleen weapons unless we're talking two inch+ slabs. focus on boosting strength, mobility and firepower while having them wear the standard issue body armor under the exo-suit.

In other words, go through the standard pattern of when weaponry overtakes defences?

Agility first to avoid the attack, defence against collateral next to contain the damage, and then get something able to ablate or reduce the actual attack, before finally coming up with something to neutralise the attack, just in time for the cycle to restart.

In other words, go through the standard pattern of when weaponry overtakes defences?

Agility first to avoid the attack, defence against collateral next to contain the damage, and then get something able to ablate or reduce the actual attack, before finally coming up with something to neutralise the attack, just in time for the cycle to restart.
pretty much. the cycle exists because its all you can reasonably do. though in this case step 2 is semi-done. by having them wear regualr body armor under the exo-suit they'll start off with collateral resistance.

also on reflection the Jackets should be the EU's heavy infantry while CoDAW's exo-suits (without the gimmicks) should be standard issue gear for the grunts.

edit: Jacket users backed by vehicle support would be bulwark of the battleline while the guys in the lighter exo-suits would support them or flank the enemy.

edit 2: cool video

Last edited:
Back