Conquer The Posleen! An SV Council Game (Applications Open)

Or, you'd get the FTL... it's just until you complete some other researches, you can't either safely, or effectively use it...

Think WH40k's Warp, where if you've invented the warp drive, you're completely screwed if you haven't also invented the Gellar Field...
*looks at the Tau*
Eh, not really.

*looks at the Tau*
Eh, not really.

Tau are neither here nor there, but they don't actually use warp-drives. Instead their FTL operates off bouncing off the surface of the warp, like a stone thrown over a lake, as opposed to most FTL systems being essentially submarines that go into the deep depths of the warp. It's also immeasurably shittier than every other factions except the Tyrannids FTL.

Tau are neither here nor there, but they don't actually use warp-drives. Instead their FTL operates off bouncing off the surface of the warp, like a stone thrown over a lake, as opposed to most FTL systems being essentially submarines that go into the deep depths of the warp. It's also immeasurably shittier than every other factions except the Tyrannids FTL.
Latest addition has their most advanced craft having a Necron style ftl (but much worse, cause not yet as necron advanced). But it does prove you can go through the warp without a Gellar field if you stick to short depths of the warp.

From what it sounds like... the Tau FTL is less 'warp drive' and more 'rides the boundary between warp and materium, but never quite enters the warp'...

That said, and back on topic, what do you guys think of the suggestion, from 10ebbor10 to build the ITER?

Last edited:
From what it sounds like... the Tau FTL is less 'warp drive' and more 'rides the boundary between warp and materium, but never quite enters the warp'...

That said, and back on topic, what do you guys think of the suggestion, from 10ebbor10 to build the ITER?
Sounds good to me.

And just use the autosux on the AI research, I say.

Oh, and @Gideon020, will we have to put more actions toward construction of civilian bunkers, or should we assume that those are going on in the background?

Last edited:
And just use the autosux on the AI research, I say.

@Estro me and Strunkriidiisk are in agreement here, the auto-success would probably best serve being used to complete AI.

That said, it's yer auto-success to use as you wish.

Anyways, I'm thinking of doing a reactionless drive research project. I figure it's suitably sci-fi whilst not being out of reach, considering we're already experimenting with stuff like that in 2016(Admittedly the one we got IRL is probably bullshit, but hey, alternate universe). If it succeeds, it should allow us easier space travel projects, such as a theoretical mars manned expedition.

@Estro me and Strunkriidiisk are in agreement here, the auto-success would probably best serve being used to complete AI.

That said, it's yer auto-success to use as you wish.

Anyways, I'm thinking of doing a reactionless drive research project. I figure it's suitably sci-fi whilst not being out of reach, considering we're already experimenting with stuff like that in 2016(Admittedly the one we got IRL is probably bullshit, but hey, alternate universe). If it succeeds, it should allow us easier space travel projects, such as a theoretical mars manned expedition.

I'm also in agreement about using the autocomplete for the AI project. Though I think I may attempt researching genetic engineering, I'm sure we can get some good shinies combining it with nanotech eventually.
Though i'm rather uncertain about what to do about Russia, ignore them or continue trying to social them?

I'm also in agreement about using the autocomplete for the AI project. Though I think I may attempt researching genetic engineering, I'm sure we can get some good shinies combining it with nanotech eventually.
Though i'm rather uncertain about what to do about Russia, ignore them or continue trying to social them?

Ignoring them will lead to even more problems. Keep trying to social them, see if we can hammer something out. Maybe create a stretch of land meant to serve as a buffer zone where our military can't legally enter.

Ignoring them will lead to even more problems. Keep trying to social them, see if we can hammer something out. Maybe create a stretch of land meant to serve as a buffer zone where our military can't legally enter.
It's not even 2004. The Western most point of the EU currently, is Germany. Germany. We have entire countries as buffer states.

May I join the waitlist?

Character Name: Joshua Reynalds
Appearance: A tall thin man with a monocle and a receding hairline.

Last edited:
Actually, with LordZell gone, we do need another player, and Happery was in the last game...

@Gideon020 Any chance we can get the pre-turn post tonight or is the court thing still going on?

Huh. Russia isn't being....russia-y.

Thats good. Means we can focus on other matters.

@Gideon020 whens the expedition thingy happening?

I got nothing for Design and especially not Covert. Don't want to try making new military tech before Military Nanotech, and I thought about nuclear reactor designs but if we're jumping straight into fusion...

Any ideas?

I got nothing for Design and especially not Covert. Don't want to try making new military tech before Military Nanotech, and I thought about nuclear reactor designs but if we're jumping straight into fusion...

Any ideas?

Spy satellites.

Also you could use your covert to set up a information network in Russia.

I take it Happery got to skip to the active list because they were in the last game?

May I ask which exactly was the last game you guys are talking about?

I take it Happery got to skip to the active list because they were in the last game?

May I ask which exactly was the last game you guys are talking about?

Only One Can Win the Eurasian War, a competitive 3-way council RP.

It was set in the Dominion of the Draka universe. There were three teams competing against each other, Russia, Germany, and the US. Goal was to defeat the Draka using ROB gifted superscience. Me, Estro, and Happery were on team Russia. Coincidentally, we won.

Gimme a bit and I'll find the OOC thread. It was really fun, and I'm sad it ended before we actually got to take the war to the snakes. It had all sorts of Dieselpunk shenanigans going on, like Tesla Weapons, Bipedial War Robots, genetic engineering, etc. (Ironically, we the Russians actually won the Espionage victory.)

Back