Conquer The Posleen! An SV Council Game (Applications Open)

Basically, fiscal integration has two benefits of a: Pretty much making Europe one government (it isn't, but all the separate govs now have to do the same thing) and b: Should stop the Greek and Spanish and Italian bailouts from being needed, as well as reducing the fallout when the GFC happens.

Basically, fiscal integration has two benefits of a: Pretty much making Europe one government (it isn't, but all the separate govs now have to do the same thing) and b: Should stop the Greek and Spanish and Italian bailouts from being needed, as well as reducing the fallout when the GFC happens.

...so, you want this to prevent some future events?

Sorta? It won't stop '08, but if '08 does happen it's gonna be easier to deal with. It's also halfway to making a unified government, which I thought would be easier to do in steps.

So basically it was 'Step 1 in making a Unified Government: Have everyone come up with something they can agree to use for everything'...

Also, holy shit at the rewards from the LHC... Though you might want to consider not taking the auto-success for a research... I mean, if you dump 500k research into AI each turn, you'll still get it fast, and the other choices are very interesting...

I mean, Gideon, you might telling the players and viewers just what sort of benefit things like dissolving the Geneva Accords, or taking 2 free units would give?

Because my personal thoughts are the Geneva Dissolution means you guys are able to more freely use the special technologies the EU came with... like chemical and biological weapons... maybe nukes as well...

And then there's the Neutron Weapons... and getting two free units from a nation... does that mean getting just two units, or the blueprints to create two new units? Which means in the case of, say, the USA, you guys can actually get good aircraft now, and then later on upgrade them for the different roles...

You get the Geneva Accords dissolved, you get to use everything when the war comes. Everything.

You pick two units, I give you the production/training blueprints for two units.

Unlike the benefits of a fiscal integration policy (seriously, I'm still just a touch salty, but it ain't your fault Estro), this isn't that hard to figure out.

For once, I'm glad I'm not one of the players... figuring out which reward they'd benefit the most from is going to be painful...

In fact, when you consider just how much their research point income was boosted, the auto-success action is quite possibly the weakest choice when used for a research... I mean, it could also be used for such things as identifying all the Darhel agents and infiltrators on Earth, and setting up monitoring of them...

But the free units might give an actual good baseline armoured units... or aircraft... or such-like... and once you've got those, well, that'll allow you to upgrade easier probably... and have a better baseline to upgrade from most likely...

And then there's the Neutron Weapons giving you access to a probably effective anti-Posleen area denial WMD, unlike your current (prohibited) chemical and biological weapons... or you can dissolve the treaty that prohibits you from using those weapons... I mean, of your 3 Support Strikes, 2 break the Geneva Conventions, and the other is purely utility and defensive in nature...

In fact, when you consider just how much their research point income was boosted, the auto-success action is quite possibly the weakest choice when used for a research... I mean, it could also be used for such things as identifying all the Darhel agents and infiltrators on Earth, and setting up monitoring of them...

Not as useful as AI.

But the free units might give an actual good baseline armoured units... or aircraft... or such-like... and once you've got those, well, that'll allow you to upgrade easier probably... and have a better baseline to upgrade from most likely...

We could develop those ourselves. And even if not, not as useful as AI.

And then there's the Neutron Weapons giving you access to a probably effective anti-Posleen area denial WMD, unlike your current (prohibited) chemical and biological weapons... or you can dissolve the treaty that prohibits you from using those weapons... I mean, of your 3 Support Strikes, 2 break the Geneva Conventions, and the other is purely utility and defensive in nature...

Neutron Weapons isn't as useful as AI.

Geneva Convention we could probably get rid of on our own, it'll just take a bit longer. Meanwhile AI's cost 7 mil RP, meaning that we're unlikely to get it anytime soon unless we get another wonder based RP boost.

Look, just...okay it with Gideon first, that way we don't waste an auto-success. Because again, FTL is PROBABLY pushing it.

I was trying to figure out something else to suggest for them... and you go ahead and come up with one... probably one of the other biggest possible...

I mean, other options are probably something like creating a proto-arcology... by which I mean a massive city that is 'almost' self-contained...

That suggests getting FTL is actually relatively cheap, research-wise... though you may be missing a few prerequisites...

Oh, and just as an idea... you guys might want to start researching Fusion Reactors this turn... sooner you can get them, the sooner you can make a Fusion Torch... which gives a good basic spacecraft...

Or, you'd get the FTL... it's just until you complete some other researches, you can't either safely, or effectively use it...

Think WH40k's Warp, where if you've invented the warp drive, you're completely screwed if you haven't also invented the Gellar Field...

Back