Clown Academy (Mafia)

This and @Oshha's claim that Ban was RB'd while Tota was alive was bothering me.

But Cyric was alive to carry out the kill on me, so no contradiction there. Ban's post doesn't sit right with me, still, it feels like trying to hammer, and bothers me excessively.

Yeah ... I'm gonna go ahead and reserve hammer on myself. Everyone else feel free to vote, but it just does not sit right for Ban to say "HAMMER HIM QUICK."

I mean, that's fair enough. Tbh I was just annoyed that yet another day was starting with little input, and that they weren't voting even when you yourself were.

This and @Oshha's claim that Ban was RB'd while Tota was alive was bothering me.

While I have no comment on their vote Dovah post, I will say that I was wrong about when Ban got roleblocked. Ban claimed roleblocked during Night 5 when Cyric was still alive, but since they claimed it Day 6, I got mixed up and thought it was Night 6 they claimed to be roleblocked. When Tota was the last scum alive, they claimed to have roleblocked Absum, the player who died that night at your hands and was unable to contradict them.

Anyway, I retract my claim on Ban's roleblock being suspicious as it took place the night that Dovah was first targeted by mafia for the Night Kill, when Cyric was still alive. The way I see it, Tota roleblocked Ban for being the suspected town jailer while Cyric NK-ed Dovah, the other surviving vet. Only when that failed, Cyric claimed that they had actually tracked Dovah and accurately guessed that Dovah had visited Usili after deciding that Dovah surviving the NK meant they were the serial killer.

Then when Cyric was dead and Tota was the last surviving mafia, they tried to NK Dovah again after believing Dovah's claim of it being one-shot whilst claiming they had actually roleblocked the guy who had just died and therefore unable to contradict them.

Anyway, I retract my claim on Ban's roleblock being suspicious as it took place the night that Dovah was first targeted by mafia for the Night Kill, when Cyric was still alive. The way I see it, Tota roleblocked Ban for being the suspected town jailer while Cyric NK-ed Dovah, the other surviving vet. Only when that failed, Cyric claimed that they had actually tracked Dovah and accurately guessed that Dovah had visited Usili after deciding that Dovah surviving the NK meant they were the serial killer.

Then when Cyric was dead and Tota was the last surviving mafia, they tried to NK Dovah again after believing Dovah's claim of it being one-shot whilst claiming they had actually roleblocked the guy who had just died and therefore unable to contradict them.
Sounds accurate enough to me. I intend to reserve my own hammering nonetheless, though.

I'll be glad to end Day as soon as we have the votes.

Actually, I'm now sceptical of Cyric's claim of being a tracker. Of the two veritable bits, the claim of Absum not visiting anyone could have been concluded from the dead town power roles and the fact that Absum wasn't the town jailer. Meanwhile Cyric correctly guessed that Dovah was the serial killer from Dovah surviving the mafia night kill and then claimed that Dovah had visited Usili that night because that had to be what had happened if Dovah was the serial killer.

Actually, I'm now sceptical of Cyric's claim of being a tracker. Of the two veritable bits, the claim of Absum not visiting anyone could have been concluded from the dead town power roles and the fact that Absum wasn't the town jailer. Meanwhile Cyric correctly guessed that Dovah was the serial killer from Dovah surviving the mafia night kill and then claimed that Dovah had visited Usili that night because that had to be what had happened if Dovah was the serial killer.
I'd be a little surprised if he was the scum tracker, tbh.

Well, looks like it's time to take my card games and go play at another table. Hopefully I'll catch you all again next game!

Good luck. Unless you're scum. If you're scum please have all my bad luck, I'll give it away for free.

I'd be a little surprised if he was the scum tracker, tbh.

Yeah, I'd considered a possibility given that scum tracker to identify either the serial killer or the town power roles, but in hindsight, Cyric put together their list with unverifiable claims with a couple of ones which could have been deduced from a scum perspective.
N1: QTesseract - Didn't Visit anyone
N2: Absum - Didn't Visit Anyone
N3: Usili 2.0 - Didn't Visit Anyone
N4: Totadile - Visited Nanimani
N5: Dovah - Visited Usili 2.0

N1 = Dead mafia - Unverifable.
N2 = Alive town - Verifable, but could be figured out by Absum not being scum and getting roleblocked on the nights that the jailer was active. And from deducing that Dovah was the serial killer, Cyric would know that Absum was town. In fact, Absum would be town who was backing up part of a scum fake-claim as being true.
N3 = Usili - Unverifable and I don't believe it because I think Usili is the jailer.
N4 = Mafia = Verifiable, but only by a fellow member of their scum team. I also believe it is not true.
N5 = Alive serial killer = Verifiable if Dovah had flipped serial killer upon being lynched. I believe that Cyric claimed this due to thinking Dovah was a serial killer and if Dovah was the serial killer, they would have to have visited Usili that night to kill them.

[X] Lynch Dovah

That's easy, Kuma, I'm still Lynchproof.

Oh, Day's over!

(Nah, I'm kidding, 3v1 just puts me at 2v1 which would make me lose anyway, I'm not lynchproof anyway)

Game End
Game End

The five clowns still in the game all agree to pie a single of their number, and the teachers see little reason to continue to delay.

@Dovah, Banjo the Clown, has been [Pied En Mass]. He was the Serial Pier.

With all threats, traditional and otherwise, eliminated, the Town Clowns are declared victorious in the game, and the Pied Clown Car pulls up, before dislodging all the pied clowns to discuss the game with everyone else.

Game is over. Town Clown Win.

I tried to nk dovah the second time, since i knew the wolves weren't going to win. Bashed myself over it during the next day phase though since dovah said he was lynchproof. But honestly, yeah that was a lie, so i'm glad that i did it the way I did. I always tried to keep myself from saying i'm a wolf, but on that day. I did try to keep myself alive, and help town. Course. I still don't see how rbing ban was scummy.

I tried to nk dovah the second time, since i knew the wolves weren't going to win. Bashed myself over it during the next day phase though since dovah said he was lynchproof. But honestly, yeah that was a lie, so i'm glad that i did it the way I did. I always tried to keep myself from saying i'm a wolf, but on that day. I did try to keep myself alive, and help town. Course. I still don't see how rbing ban was scummy.
Town RBer should try not to RB Town barring extreme exceptions, that's all, and Ban was heavily Townread.

Also, fair, yeah. With just you, taking a shot at me again instead of going after Town makes more sense. Still a shame. Day 7 would've been different with one less Town.

Well, not that different. Day 8 might've been different.

Maybe not, don't recall the numbers anymore. Town would have been in a losing position had there been 5 scum, but there weren't, and all my math was based on there being five.

Ironically, I was never not NK immune this game. Just how the numbers worked out.

Great example of SK and Maf tearing each other apart though. Probably going to angle to play more as a co-scum with the Maf, instead of opposed scum, depending on role abilities, if I get SK again.

Town RBer should try not to RB Town barring extreme exceptions, that's all, and Ban was heavily Townread.

Also, fair, yeah. With just you, taking a shot at me again instead of going after Town makes more sense. Still a shame. Day 7 would've been different with one less Town.

Well, not that different. Day 8 might've been different.

Maybe not, don't recall the numbers anymore. Town would have been in a losing position had there been 5 scum, but there weren't, and all my math was based on there being five.

Ironically, I was never not NK immune this game. Just how the numbers worked out.

Great example of SK and Maf tearing each other apart though. Probably going to angle to play more as a co-scum with the Maf, instead of opposed scum, depending on role abilities, if I get SK again.
I don't get why ban was a heavy town read, like at all. Honestly I chose him because I'd have chosen him if i were town. Since. Can't do dovah, can't do cyri both are too vocal and one's sk the other's maf. So i need to go for someone else. Which left ban being the clearest potential wolf in my eyes.

Also,

I was legitimately surprised when Pawn flipped Town, though. I actually used a Town thought process when I opted to lynch Tota there instead of an SK thought process (should've stuck on Pawn instead).
I don't get why ban was a heavy town read, like at all. Honestly I chose him because I'd have chosen him if i were town. Since. Can't do dovah, can't do cyri both are too vocal and one's sk the other's maf. So i need to go for someone else. Which left ban being the clearest potential wolf in my eyes.
Huh, I always kinda thought Oshha was a little wolfy. Ban's Townread came from @-Rosen's play and from some later bits where he didn't jump at all the way Maf would've.

I was legitimately surprised when Pawn flipped Town, though. I actually used a Town thought process when I opted to lynch Tota there instead of an SK thought process (should've stuck on Pawn instead).

Yeah, I was off my game and ended up always supporting the wrong person so that I always looked worse when they flipped.

And then there was the whole not self pres voting between Tota and I. That was me being too ambitious tbh, though it basically confirmed that Cyri was scum from my POV.

Last edited:
I wonder if I should have just openly stated my fluff instead of being extremely vague? Since it did turn out VT shared it.

I don't need to literally quote my role pm to state what it contains (f.e. Nictis did actually openly state the relevant part, i.e. VT was called boring in the fluff).
I got told I had no sense of humor for the SK rolecard, but it was couched in a way that wasn't very insulting. The best thing about SK was Terra's description of everything I did and exactly how grim it was.

Role PMs and quicktopics.
Quick topics: Bad Clown Car Pied Clown Car

Let's look at the setup, shall we? From my notes;

Minimum players 10.
1 Maf goon.
2 Maf Roleblocker.
3 Vanilla 1
4 Vanilla 2
5 Vanilla 3
6 Vanilla 4
7 Vanilla 5.
8 Vanilla 6
9 Cop.
10 Jailor.
11 Vanilla 7
12 Serial Killer.
13 Backup Cop.
14 Backup Jailor.
15 Maf Godfather.
16 Vanilla 8
17 Vanilla 9
18 Backup Backup Cop.
19 Vanilla 10
20 Mafia Goon 2.
21 Vanilla 11
22 Backup Backup Jailor.
23 Vanilla 12.

Let's look at those role cards.

@Nanimani as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills, but happen to have been picked to be a Bad Guy. Thus, you are Curly the Bad Clown.

As a Bad Guy, you win when your clownery is assured victorious.

Bad Guy Stuff

You can, of course, access the sinister Bad Guy Chat and pie people in the night if the group sees fit. You can pie someone by sending a message containing the words 'kill [player]' where the player specified is your kill target, with a kill flavor of [Ignobly Pied].

The first of the Mafia Goons and totally boring aside standard mafia abilities. Named for one of the three stooges, as one of several efforts to sabotage a mass claim- any presumption that the three stooges would all be town would run straight into this fella. There's not much to say about a goon, really.

@Totadileplayz as...

You are an exceptional clown of special skills, and happen to have been picked to be a Bad Guy. Thus, you are Rose the Bad Clown.

Bad Guy Stuff

You can, of course, access the sinister Bad Guy Chat and pie people in the night if the group sees fit. You can pie someone by sending a message containing the words 'kill [player]' where the player specified is your kill target, with a kill flavor of [Ignobly Pied].

Bad Laughs

You are an exceptionally comedic clown, even by clown standards. Thus, you may send a message containing words 'roleblock [player]' to tell them funny jokes all night, preventing them from acting. This action has the highest priority. You may not do this and perform the kill the same night.

This was basically an 'every rose has its thorn' joke, if I'm entirely honest. The mafia roleblocker was pretty bog-standard, this was a low power game for a reason.

@AlphaDelta as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Sarah the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

As a Town Clown, you win when it is no longer possible for town to be pied in the night.

One of the vanillas, and one with a totally random, ordinary no meaning name. I can't remember if I was thinking of any particular Sarah or not.

@Nictis as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Renard the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

As a Town Clown, you win when it is no longer possible for town to be pied in the night.

See the above. On all counts except replace 'Sarah' with 'Renard'.

@Laplace, later replaced by @Telamon, as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Moe the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

The second of the three stooge references, otherwise vanilla.

@Oshha as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Cynthia the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

Yet another vanilla, this one named for a Pokémon League Champion.

@TheMaskedReader as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Larry the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

The third of the three stooges. Also vanilla.

@Pawn Lelouch as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Patricia the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

Another random no-namer. The fact that some are references and some aren't was entirely intentional. Also, yes. Pawn lied about being powered, there was never a doctor.

@1KBestK as...

You are an exceptional clown indeed. Yes, you are Bobo the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy but are very interesting.

Bobo's Wisdom

You can identify whether Clowns are Town Clowns or not. This is for entirely reasonable reasons and not arbitrary game mechanics. Each night, you may send a message containing the words 'cop [player]' to find out whether they are a Town Clown or not.

Our cop. I said a massclaim wouldn't win town the game, but that's not to say the names were meaningless. There was some intentional patterns, just with some misleading pattern breakers here and there.

@ComiTurtle as...

You are an exceptional clown indeed. Yes, you are Loki the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy but are very interesting.

Clownish Trickery

You can lock people in their rooms, preventing them from acting or being acted upon. Each night, you may send a message containing the words 'Jail [player]', which will both prevent them from being affected by normal actions and carrying them out themselves.

The original Jailor, and named for the Norse god of trickery, because why not.

@Absum as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Freyja the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

A red herring, of sorts, an unpowered addition to the Norse pantheon named clowns.

@Dovah as...

You are the most special clown around! This is because you have no sense of humor whatsoever, but also because you were selected for a special, not Bad Guy bad role called The Serial Pier. You are Banjo the Clown.

As the Serial Pier, you win if there are two or less clowns alive and you are one of them.

Serial Pier Powers

You have several abilities! Alas, your ability count will reduce as people are knocked out of the game.

Each night, you may send a message containing the words 'kill [player]' to set upon them with your mighty pie. Players so pied are killed with a flavor of [Grimly Pied].

As long as at least five players are alive at the start of any night, you cannot be nightkilled.

As long as at least nine players are alive at the start of the night, your kill cannot be stopped by any means.

As long as at least thirteen players are alive at the start of the day, your vote counts as two and you win any resulting ties.

As long as at least fifteen players are alive at the start of the night, you will appear to be a Town Clown to investigation.

The Serial Pier was the main experiment here. In large part to try to have them scale properly with player count, they had several abilities that wouldn't apply as the count dropped. The game was honestly probably a bit stacked against them, given, but it nearly went Dovah's way anyways, in large part from skill.

Still, the ability to ignore kill blocking early gave them a leg up in townie-ness, and they *could* have pinged as town, potentially. I actually screwed up on the double voter part, or at least I'm pretty sure I did, but whatever.

There was a second experiment, but it was, well. the wall of backups.

@DimensionalGuy, later replaced by @JDS, as...

You are an exceptional clown indeed. Yes, you are Bobobo the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy but are very interesting.

Bobobo's Wisdom

You have no powers unless the Cop dies. If he dies, you gain the following power;

You can identify whether Clowns are Town Clowns or not. This is for entirely reasonable reasons and not arbitrary game mechanics. Each night, you may send a message containing the words 'cop [player]' to find out whether they are a Town Clown or not.

The Backup Cop, ignobly lynched before he could do any backuping. Those reading may have realized by now that Bobobobo was of course the Backup Backup Cop, but we'll get to that.

@Usili 2.0 as...

You are an exceptional clown indeed. Yes, you are Thor the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy but are very interesting.

Clownish Trickery 2

You have no powers unless the jailor dies. If that happens, you gain the following power;

You can lock people in their rooms, preventing them from acting or being acted upon. Each night, you may send a message containing the words 'Jail [player]', which will both prevent them from being affected by normal actions and carrying them out themselves.

One Norse God as the backup to the other. Which leads to...

@QTesseract as...

You are an exceptional clown of special skills, and happen to have been picked to be a Bad Guy. Thus, you are Odin the Bad Clown.

Bad Guy Stuff

Special Appearances

You look like a Town Clown if investigated. Otherwise, you are the same as an ordinary Bad Guy.

The Mafia Godfather was deliberately possible to connect as the Backup Backup Jailor, even though that's false, had lots of claims gone out. Since they would then withstand a cop check, it was one of the more direct screw yous to a massclaim.

It was far from guaranteed to happen, of course, but it was there.

@Happerry as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Yugi the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

That's Yugi Moto, from Yu-Gi-Oh. Some names were references, others weren't.

@Kuma Siegfried as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Ash the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

Ash, from Pallet town! One of several anime protagonists running around here. That was deliberate as a limited pattern.

@Broken Base, later replaced by @Wyatt, as...

You are an exceptional clown indeed. Yes, you are Bobobobo the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy but are very interesting.

Bobobobo's Wisdom

You have no powers unless the Cop and backup Cop die. If both die, you gain the following power;

The Backup Backup Cop, who while never a cop directly contributed to Town winning by soaking both nightkills the same night.

@-Rosen, later replaced by @BanTheFairyKing, as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Cashel the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

This is the most obscure reference of the entire set. It is, specifically, Cashel Or-Kenset, one of the four main characters (or five, or six, depending how you count) from the Lord of the Isles books. A personal favorite, but not one I expected anyone to recognize (and also not remotely a clown).

@Cyricubed as...

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills, but happen to have been picked to be a Bad Guy. Thus, you are Goku the Bad Clown.

Bad Guy Stuff

The second Mafia Goon, and a third case of a scum role completing an otherwise town set.

And the remaining, prepared but unused roles;

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Harry the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

That's as in Harry Potter, because why not.

You are an exceptional clown indeed. Yes, you are Vor the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy but are very interesting.

Clownish Trickery 3

You have no powers unless the jailor and backup jailor both die. If that happens, you gain the following power;

An intentional pattern break where Odin completed the circle. The name is actually another somewhat obscure reference, being named for a character in the roguelike Tales of Maj'Eyal.

Who has little to do with jailing, but hey.

You are an ordinary clown of no special skills. Yes, you are Ronald the Clown. You weren't selected for the role of Bad Guy and are totally boring.

And pairing up with Harry Potter we have a clown named for Ronald Weasley. Because why not.

Back