Clown Academy (Mafia)

Just to be absolutely clear, anyone and everyone can talk again, since the game is over, even people who weren't playing. I'll get to the night actions and awards later, probably tomorrow or something.

I really do like that everyone who was scum also thought that I was the other scum type.

Sometimes too wolfy to be a wolf is an actual proper read.

Wait so was Goku a reference to DBZ or did i just construct that work what i was given?

Okay time to go all in and plan the flavor for my game six games in advance

Good game guys, sorry I had to dip out but work and starting up school got to me quite a bit so I couldn't really do much there

And here concludes the new longest game on SV. Holy shit.

I was really busy until I died, so I self rate my performance as "passable under the circumstances".

Still not satisfied though. I try to change up my playstyle in a deliberate attempt to prevent meta reads. This time, I think I overshot as VT.

And here concludes the new longest game on SV. Holy shit.

I was really busy until I died, so I self rate my performance as "passable under the circumstances".

Still not satisfied though. I try to change up my playstyle in a deliberate attempt to prevent meta reads. This time, I think I overshot as VT.

forums.sufficientvelocity.com

A Game of Light and Shadow (Yugioh Mafia)(Finished) Mafia

Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, there is an uninhabited island. As expected, there really is...

About the same length if I'm going off of the thread lengths. Too lazy to check more in depth.

forums.sufficientvelocity.com

A Game of Light and Shadow (Yugioh Mafia)(Finished) Mafia

Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, there is an uninhabited island. As expected, there really is...

About the same length if I'm going off of the thread lengths. Too lazy to check more in depth.

Light and Shadow properly ended on page 101. It's day 1 started page 6. This game ended page 105, started page 3.

In terms of active game pages, that makes this 7~ pages longer actually.

So it is the longest, though Light and Shadow still has the most huge day 1.

Light and Shadow properly ended on page 101. It's day 1 started page 6. This game ended page 105, started page 3.

In terms of active game pages, that makes this 7~ pages longer actually.

So it is the longest, though Light and Shadow still has the most huge day 1.

Welp, time for me to go and recruit more high posters to the site. I need to reclaim my only GMing record. Though, I might want to leave out some of the more insane possible setups. Maybe just our prominent member game when we actually get back it?

This is also the longest overall. Due to the fact it ended on the second post on day 106. While this one went for a fair bit longer than that, and it's still possible to go even longer.

I need a break. That was way too high stressed, and I doubt i'll play another until i have a good lot of free time available to me.

I'll second that. @Totadileplayz you should have been dead in the water after the cop, but managed to not only claim Miller but also be extremely convincing about it, to the point that Pawn, Usili, and I decided to try and get someone else lynched rather than put out votes on you.

Sorry to hear that. I enjoyed playing with you, and from what I've seen of the scum chat so far, you're an excellent player. I look forward to seeing you in another game.
I'll second that. @Totadileplayz you should have been dead in the water after the cop, but managed to not only claim Miller but also be extremely convincing about it, to the point that Pawn, Usili, and I decided to try and get someone else lynched rather than put out votes on you.
Thanks for the compliment, but I really don't think I deserve it. the only reason why you guys were convinced was because I knew too much for how new I am.

Thanks for the compliment, but I really don't think I deserve it. the only reason why you guys were convinced was because I knew too much for how new I am.
We were convinced because it was a good claim, Tota.

You got outed by a cop and lived to the second-to-last Day. My first game I got outed by Pawn (not because they were a cop, but it was a weird game), and got lynched immediatedly. I couldn't have done what you did. It didn't ever occur to me.

You were able to convince people with the 'I'm just a newb' act, because most people with one or less games actually flail that badly or worse.

Playing a role, even just 'lol I suck' that well actually requires a legitimately unusual margin of skill. A lot of newbs manage things like getting lynched on day 2 by just acting really weird or whatever.

Even most veterans struggle to shake the lynch when caught red-handed, and yet you managed it for multiple days there.

You were able to convince people with the 'I'm just a newb' act, because most people with one or less games actually flail that badly or worse.

Playing a role, even just 'lol I suck' that well actually requires a legitimately unusual margin of skill. A lot of newbs manage things like getting lynched on day 2 by just acting really weird or whatever.

Even most veterans struggle to shake the lynch when caught red-handed, and yet you managed it for multiple days there.
Huh, that actually makes sense, thanks.

But, You know that fact actually worries me. Not bashing people's skill in a game, but rather i'm a noob, and I've learned how to be a good enough wolf to show i'm effectively vet level, and that really worries me. Because not only am I now negative utility as town, I'm best as a precautionary lynch due to my second wolf game.

But, You know that fact actually worries me. Not bashing people's skill in a game, but rather i'm a noob, and I've learned how to be a good enough wolf to show i'm effectively vet level, and that really worries me. Because not only am I now negative utility as town, I'm best as a precautionary lynch due to my second wolf game.

I mean, I'd personally hang high anyone who wanted to lynch someone just for being good at the game. You push to lynch people who are acting suspicious, or you have evidence against. Certainly, you give people less lenience if you know they can better fake things and so on, but you don't just lynch someone for the potential to be a threat.

(if that's how people played I'd be dead by day 2 all the time anyways, given I've done the kind of thing you did as a known veteran . I have, literally, thrown off a lynch by someone confirmed probable town through the town flip of their mason partner by discrediting their totally honest night action evidence against me for sounding absurd, and won the game off that as scum. That means people try to be more paranoid about me, not that they lynch me by default)

If precautionary lynches were allowed to be a thing people like myself, Terra, Nictis, etc would get lynched early every game. That's not something you should need to worry about.

I mean, I'd personally hang high anyone who wanted to lynch someone just for being good at the game. You push to lynch people who are acting suspicious, or you have evidence against. Certainly, you give people less lenience if you know they can better fake things and so on, but you don't just lynch someone for the potential to be a threat.

(if that's how people played I'd be dead by day 2 all the time anyways, given I've done the kind of thing you did as a known veteran . I have, literally, thrown off a lynch by someone confirmed probable town through the town flip of their mason partner by discrediting their totally honest night action evidence against me for sounding absurd, and won the game off that as scum. That means people try to be more paranoid about me, not that they lynch me by default)
If precautionary lynches were allowed to be a thing people like myself, Terra, Nictis, etc would get lynched early every game. That's not something you should need to worry about.
That makes sense, but everyone else can actually act like a decent town player. I don't have deduction skills, Cyri had to figure it out among us. I'm probably a bit more scared than I should, but I'm going to say this. I'll probably act a bit better if i'm town, but yeah this is my true play level from what I can understand having never being town before.

That makes sense, but everyone else can actually act like a decent town player. I don't have deduction skills, Cyri had to figure it out among us. I'm probably a bit more scared than I should, but I'm going to say this. I'll probably act a bit better if i'm town, but yeah this is my true play level from what I can understand having never being town before.

Everyone starts somewhere Tota. Getting better at the game is just from practice and working at it. And I have faith that you'll be able to do that.

Back