Chakra the RPG: Leaf-nin Edition Ver: 2.0

When you give people even small rewards, like just a single Stat up or change of friend status, you motivate people to work harder! This can end up going kinda badly, depending on various factors, but is mostly harmless and a fun way to bring players together.

Chuckling, Kakashi stepped forward. "Is he your favourite Hokage then Naruto?"

{The Paths of The Shadow: Konoha.

Although all Konoha Ninja are duty-bound to follow the current Hokage, certain individuals feel their ideals fall more in-line with one of the past 'kage. By declaring and cultivating this resonances, a Ninja can gain traits and aspects attributed to their chosen patron.

[] Path of The Sage: Hashirama Senju was one of two Ninja who pioneered the idea of Hidden Villages. Elected as the Shodai Hokage Hashirama revolutionized the Ninja World with his pacifist's ideals until he was forced to slay his rival and brother-in-arms; Madara Uchiha. [Gain +5 Chakra {CHKR} Per Level up. Gain Skill: {Meditation} BONUS: Gain Trait: {Body of The Sage}]
[] Path of The General: Although it was Hashirama and Madara who founded the new world, it was Tobirama Senju who defined it as the Nidaime Hokage. Using his ingenuity, he lead Konoha through the First Shinobi World war [Gain +5 Intelligence {INT} Per Level up. Gain Skill: {Hyper-Focus}]
[] Path of The Professor: Inheriting the title of Hokage from his Sensei during the First Shinobi World War, Hiruzen Sarutobi sought to master the Ninja Arts in their entirety in order to grant Konoha victory in not one, not two, but three Shinobi World Wars with his vast wisdom. [Gain +5 Wisdom {WIZ} Per Level up. Gain Skill: {Bo Staff Proficiency} BONUS: Gain Trait: {Disciple of The Monkey King}]
[] Path of The Hero: Clawing his way up from nothing, Minato Namikaze surpassed even Hiruzen's own students in the eyes of the village when he denied enemy forces reinforcements at a pivotal moment in the Third Shinobi World War. He cemented himself as the Leaf's Hero when he sacrificed himself to seal the Kyuubi No Kitsune. [Gain +5 Charisma {CHA} Per Level Up. Gain Skill: {Honourable Soul} BONUS: Gain Trait: {His Father's Son}]

Soooooo, why doesn't Kakashi ask Sasuke and Sakura this same question so they also get some free bonuses over their Hokage/Deity?

I mean, it might not work but there's no reason not to at least try, it's not like there's even a particularly strong reason for it to work on only Naruto anyway unless you consider it his destiny to become Hokage and this is the system reacting to that.

When you give people even small rewards, like just a single Stat up or change of friend status, you motivate people to work harder! This can end up going kinda badly, depending on various factors, but is mostly harmless and a fun way to bring players together.
Only canon omakes seem to do things. And even then, so long as they are picky about what's canon or not, it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Soooooo, why doesn't Kakashi ask Sasuke and Sakura this same question so they also get some free bonuses over their Hokage/Deity?

I mean, it might not work but there's no reason not to at least try, it's not like there's even a particularly strong reason for it to work on only Naruto anyway unless you consider it his destiny to become Hokage and this is the system reacting to that.
Perhaps Naruto is the only one on the team passionate enough to have a 'true' favorite?

Dice Tales: NO BLACK SHEEP! JUST PINK SHEEP!

Sakura doesn't have many friends, she used to have one, but she broke that off because she was selfish. However, a few months ago she met this nice boy, named Akio Sato, and his twin sister, named Yuki Sato. Both of them play Ogres and Oubliettes every Sunday. After they first met in the shopping district, they convinced (blackmailed) her to play it. Now after the first session she lied saying "I can't stop now the Adventures Duo have started there journey." Now Ember Pines (Elf, Mage, Yuki); and Ember Sasaki (Giant, Berserker, Sakura) and Akio as the GM.

Eventually another person joined, Kiba Inuzuka, by the twins ways. Soon the Adventures Duo were joined by an new member, Hiro Ito (Human, Assassin, Kiba), becoming the Dangerous Three (they aren't that good at names). When asked about why he chose his class, Kiba simply stated. "That's what we are basically, it was either that or Thief." He said. Then the game was on again. After five hours that seemed like ten, the Dangerous Three finally beat the Dark King and his army of zombie knights with the help the Kingdom Of Trees. "We should do this again some time." Said Yuki as she and her twin waved their new friends goodbye.

"That was better then I thought it would be." said Kiba still surprised they beaten the Dark King and his army. "I know right when I first heard of the 'best game played on a table' I though we would literally be on a table." Said Sakura. "Hey, aren't Sasuke, Hinata, Shikamaru, and the others.' Asked Kiba. "Yeah, I think so. Maybe we should ask them to join us." Sakura said. Then at the same time then thought who they woul be asking, Sasuke, will want nothing to do with us, Naruto, Sakura shuddered, Hinata, she might be too shy to join, and etc. "You know want?" Kiba asked. "What?" Asked Sakura. "Let's wait before we ask the others." Said Kiba. "You may be right." Sakura said sadly.

P.S. I'm not the greatest writer. Especially trying to make characters be 'in character'.
Sakura Haruno, Akio Sato, Yuki Sato and Kiba Inuzuka are now {Close Friends} as a consequence Kiba Inuzuka has changed. Sakura's CHA has risen by one.
A Father's Gift

"Happy birthday, Ino!" Inoichi said, pulling the package out from its hiding place; the small package wrapped in an eye-catching metallic wrapping paper.

He watched as his young daughter tore open the paper, a smile on his face as she held up the card-holder for her first deck of Paradox Billiards Vostroyan Roulette Fourth Dimensional Hypercube Chess Strip Poker — the reveal prompted an "Inoichi!" from his wife.

"It's fine, honey… it's a children's card game." He said, explaining as he grinned sheepishly at his wife.

— — — — — — —​

Weeks of intense training later and Ino was finally able to beat her dad in the children's card game. It was a moment of triumph and she redoubled her effort to look at the power of the cards: traps, spells, creatures, alignments, flip effects and so on…

Her musings were interrupted as she came across another girl, crying in the park, the victim of bullying about her forehead… her rather large forehead. After comforting the other girl, Ino had a thought — "Hey, come here tomorrow, and I'll have something to give you!"

And the next day, when the two met up, Ino gave her a ribbon, big and red, to tie back her hair — and then the trap! — "Hey, do you want to play a game?"

"Uh…" Sakura seemed indecisive for a moment, then nodded. "Yeah."

And that was how Ino hooked Sakura on Paradox Billiards Vostroyan Roulette Fourth Dimensional Hypercube Chess Strip Poker — a fiendishly complex children's card game that was both addictive and required a lot of thinking and planning both in the structuring of your own deck beforehand and in the playing and execution during the game.

Inoichi grinned, seeing his daughter playtesting his game with her new friend — just as planned.

I think I just did that to Sakura -- she now plays the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game.
Sakura's INT has risen by three. Sakura is now a Paradox Billiards Vostroyan Roulette Fourth Dimensional Hypercube Chess Strip Poker Playtester.

It's because of the wording Kakashi used, if he didn't focus the question at Naruto they all would've got that choice. Next update he'll ask the other two.

@Xalgeon Is it ok if I try to make my first canon omake into a trilogy? I want to do a little thing involving Naruto and Kushina. Mostly Naruto ultimately receiving a song his Mom made. But for that, I have to make a small omake for Kushina. What are the odds of me getting it into canon?

@Xalgeon Is it ok if I try to make my first canon omake into a trilogy? I want to do a little thing involving Naruto and Kushina. Mostly Naruto ultimately receiving a song his Mom made. But for that, I have to make a small omake for Kushina. What are the odds of me getting it into canon?
Well as long as Naruto doesn't know either Kushina is his mom or his mom is Kushina, it should be fine.

[Cano] - Kushina Uzumaki, The Leaf's Best Biwa
Omake: Kushina Uzumaki, The Leaf's Best Biwa
---
Kushina Uzumaki. A woman of many talents. The Uzumaki Adamantine Chains. The Sealing Arts. And surprisingly the Biwa. Yes, Kushina Uzumaki, the Red Hot-Blooded Habanero was a fan of music, and played the Biwa. The people of Leaf loved her playing. She was a legend to the shinobi of Leaf. Some would claim that she could even use jutsu with it, though that are considered rumors. But there was one thing people didn't know.

Oh my precious love
My little bundle of joy
How I can't wait to meet you

Was that Kushina also wrote her own songs. Not often enough to be made known that they were of her own creation. Nor did she ever really tell anyone. Only those close to her knew of the songs she would write. How she would use them to vent out the stress of her life. Of the concerns of being the Jinchuriki of the Nine-Tailed Fox. Of course, she never played those songs. That was a secret for only her and a select few others to know about.

Mommy is going to love you
Mommy shall help you grow
My little bundle of joy
Mommy can't wait to see you grow

During her pregnancy, Kushina would often be found writing on pieces of paper. Most didn't know what it was she was writing. No one but three people. Her husband Minato Namikaze, his student Kakashi Hatake, and their teacher Jiraiya. That she was writing a song for her unborn child. It was a process she was struggling with. It was difficult for her to find the right words to make the song. And the correct melody to go along with it.

My little Sunshine
I can't wait for you to be born
My little bundle of joy
I can't wait to see your face

She wanted to teach her child how to play the Biwa. She even had a journal of how to play it. It was more just incomplete notes than anything else. But it was obvious that she wanted to make sure that she could properly teach her child. So Hiruzan did something that may have been considered 'cheating.' Once he noticed that her child had an interest in the Biwa, he found the journal, and gave it to him.

Oh my precious love
My little bundle of joy

Looking at the piece of paper in his hands, he knew. Hiruzan knew what he needed to do to fully honor Kushina's wish. He just regrets that it took him this long to find it. For this is undoubtedly the song she wrote for her son. Good thing his 11th birthday was coming up soon. Thinking that, Hiruzen smiles a small, sad smile.

Oh how I can't wait to meet you,
My little bundle of joy.
---

So sad! But then again, this is about a dead person. So I guess that was the obvious conclusion. The hopefully canon second part to Naruto, The Greatest Biwa Player In The Leaf.
Adhoc vote count started by DarkKing98 on Feb 27, 2018 at 1:54 PM, finished with 150 posts and 29 votes.

• [X] Wire Proficiency: Although Wires were originally utilized by civilians in both show-making and mechanics, Ninjas have integrated them into their ever growing arsenal of hidden weapons to great effect, just like most of their other tools. {Gains Five (5) Spools of D-rank Ninja Wire.}]
    [X] Space-time: Two of the 4 Hokage were hailed as the fastest Shinobi alive, not only due to their own natural speed, but due to a Fuinjutsu that created a corridor that completely circumvented reality, allowing them to cross the field in the blink of an eye. {Gains Scroll: "The Theory of Reality."}
    [X] Blitzkrieg: Whilst fighting smart is all well and good, it even works most of the time, there are enemies too wise or powerful to fall to clever ploys, then your only choice is to strike hard and fast, crushing them with your preternatural fury. {Gains Scroll:"Wrath of The Gods."}]
    [X] Path of The Professor: Inheriting the title of Hokage from his Sensei during the First Shinobi World War, Hiruzen Sarutobi sought to master the Ninja Arts in their entirety in order to grant Konoha victory in not one, not two, but three Shinobi World Wars with his vast wisdom. [Gain +5 Wisdom {WIZ} Per Level up. Gain Skill: {Bo Staff Proficiency} BONUS: Gain Trait: {Disciple of The Monkey King}]
    [X] Path of The Hero: Clawing his way up from nothing, Minato Namikaze surpassed even Hiruzen's own students in the eyes of the village when he denied enemy forces reinforcements at a pivotal moment in the Third Shinobi World War. He cemented himself as the Leaf's Hero when he sacrificed himself to seal the Kyuubi No Kitsune. [Gain +5 Charisma {CHA} Per Level Up. Gain Skill: {Honourable Soul} BONUS: Gain Trait: {His Father's Son}]
    [X] Energy conversion: One of the basic rules of physics is "You cannot generate energy, only convert it." Well, Chakra is a prime energy source that with only a few brush-strokes can be converted to devastating effect. {Gains Scroll: "The Transformative Flow."}
    [X] Guerilla Warfare:The strength.of a small unit is its mobility and unpredictability, allowing them to hit larger forces when and where it hurts the most, never giving them a chance to recover
    [X] Kunai Proficiency:The Kunai or Throwing Knives were some of the first tools created by the farmers who became the first proto-ninja. Meaning today's usage of them has been refined to an exact science. Unlike Shuriken, Kunai have more utility. {Gains Twenty (20) D-rank Kunai}
    [X] Reconnaissance:.Sometimes, Missions are easy, get in, do the deed and get out, but more often than not either the client doesn't know the full picture or the enemy has a few hidden aces and any unknowns could jeopardize the Mission. {Gains Scroll: "Knowing Is Half The Battle."}
    -[X] Blitzkrieg: Whilst fighting smart is all well and good, it even works most of the time, there are enemies too wise or powerful to fall to clever ploys, then your only choice is to strike hard and fast, crushing them with your preternatural fury. {Gains Scroll:"Wrath of The Gods."}]
    -[X] Path of The Hero: Clawing his way up from nothing, Minato Namikaze surpassed even Hiruzen's own students in the eyes of the village when he denied enemy forces reinforcements at a pivotal moment in the Third Shinobi World War. He cemented himself as the Leaf's Hero when he sacrificed himself to seal the Kyuubi No Kitsune. [Gain +5 Charisma {CHA} Per Level Up. Gain Skill: {Honourable Soul} BONUS: Gain Trait: {His Father's Son}]
    -[X] Space-time: Two of the 4 Hokage were hailed as the fastest Shinobi alive, not only due to their own natural speed, but due to a Fuinjutsu that created a corridor that completely circumvented reality, allowing them to cross the field in the blink of an eye. {Gains Scroll: "The Theory of Reality."}
    -[X] Shuriken Proficiency:The Shuriken or Ninja Stars were some of the first tools created by the farmers who became the first proto-ninja. Meaning today's usage of them has been refined to an exact science. Unlike Kunai, Shuriken do more damage. {Gains Twenty (20) D-rank Shuriken}
    [X] Plan Heroes Of Konoha
    [X] Hyperplane: One the most well known applications of Fuinjutsu is the Sealing Scroll; press a Kunai to an open slot, it's stored in the Scroll, most people think the Kunai dissipates into the seal as Chakra, what actually happens is the writing acts as a gateway to pockets of Chakra created to perfectly fit the presented item inside the Scroll. {Gains Scroll: Building A Hyperplane."}]
    [X] Guerilla Warfare:The strength.of a small unit is its mobility and unpredictability, allowing them to hit larger forces when and where it hurts the most, never giving them a chance to recover {Gains Scroll: "The Little Man's War."}
    [X]Shuriken Proficiency:The Shuriken or Ninja Stars were some of the first tools created by the farmers who became the first proto-ninja. Meaning today's usage of them has been refined to an exact science. Unlike Kunai, Shuriken do more damage. {Gains Twenty (20) D-rank Shuriken}
    [X] Kunai Proficiency:The Kunai or Throwing Knives were some of the first tools created by the farmers who became the first proto-ninja. Meaning today's usage of them has been refined to an exact science. Unlike Shuriken, Kunai have more utility. {Gains Twenty (20) D-rank Kunai}
    [X] Hyperplane: One the most well known applications of Fuinjutsu is the Sealing Scroll; press a Kunai to an open slot, it's stored in the Scroll, most people think the Kunai dissipates into the seal as Chakra, what actually happens is the writing acts as a gateway to pockets of Chakra created to perfectly fit the presented item inside the Scroll. {Gains Scroll: Building A Hyperplane."}]
    [x] Plan Path of the Angry Kitten
    [x] Path of The General: Although it was Hashirama and Madara who founded the new world, it was Tobirama Senju who defined it as the Nidaime Hokage. Using his ingenuity, he lead Konoha through the First Shinobi World war [Gain +5 Intelligence {INT} Per Level up. Gain Skill: {Hyper-Focus}]

Omake: Kushina Uzumaki, The Leaf's Best Biwa
---
Kushina Uzumaki. A woman of many talents. The Uzumaki Adamantine Chains. The Sealing Arts. And surprisingly the Biwa. Yes, Kushina Uzumaki, the Red Hot-Blooded Habanero was a fan of music, and played the Biwa. The people of Leaf loved her playing. She was a legend to the shinobi of Leaf. Some would claim that she could even use jutsu with it, though that are considered rumors. But there was one thing people didn't know.

Oh my precious love
My little bundle of joy

Was that Kushina also wrote her own songs. Not often enough to be made known that they were of her own creation. Nor did she ever really tell anyone. Only those close to her knew of the songs she would write. How she would use them to vent out the stress of her life. Of the concerns of being the Jinchuriki of the Nine-Tailed Fox. Of course, she never played those songs. That was a secret for only her and a select few others to know about.

Mommy is going to love you
Mommy shall help you grow
My little bundle of joy
Mommy can't wait to see you grow

During her pregnancy, Kushina would often be found writing on pieces of paper. Most didn't know what it was she was writing. No one but three people. Her husband Minato Namikaze, his student Kakashi Hatake, and their teacher Jiraiya. That she was writing a song for her unborn child. It was a process she was struggling with. It was difficult for her to find the right words to make the song. And the correct melody to go along with it.

My little Sunshine
I can't wait for you to be born
My little bundle of joy
I can't wait to see your face

She wanted to teach her child how to play the Biwa. She even had a journal of how to play it. It was more just incomplete notes than anything else. But it was obvious that she wanted to make sure that she could properly teach her child. So Hiruzan did something that may have been considered 'cheating.' Once he noticed that her child had an interest in the Biwa, he found the journal, and gave it to him.

Oh my precious love
My little bundle of joy

Looking at the piece of paper in his hands, he knew. Hiruzan knew what he needed to do to fully honor Kushina's wish. He just regrets that it took him this long to find it. For this is undoubtedly the song she wrote for her son. Good thing his 11th birthday was coming up soon. Thinking that, Hiruzen smiles a small, sad smile.

Oh how I can't wait to meet you,
My little bundle of joy.
---

So sad! But then again, this is about a dead person. So I guess that was the obvious conclusion. The hopefully canon second part to Naruto, The Greatest Biwa Player In The Leaf.
Naruto's {Biwa Proficincy} has leveled up by one.

[Canon] - A Loving Mother's Gift
Omake: A Loving Mother's Gift
---
It was Naruto's eleventh birthday when Hiruzan brought Naruto a gift that made him love the Third Hokage forever. Or rather, gifts. For the Old Man had truly delivered this year. One gift was a music book about how to read sheet music and how to write it. But that wasn't the gift that near brought Naruto to tears. No, it was a single sheet of music paper. Music paper with a certain song on it, from someone he never expected to get anything from.

"A-Are you sure?" He asked Hiruzen, his voice trembling as he looks at the piece of paper, holding it like fine china that could break if he put to much pressure on it.

"I am. I wouldn't miss that handwriting anywhere." Hiruzen replies with a smile.

The piece of paper was the song Naruto's mother had written for him. He couldn't believe it. He never thought he'd get anything from either of his parents. He thought everything they owned was destroyed in the Kyuubi attack. The Old Man thought everything they owned was destroyed in the attack! Naruto couldn't believe that this survived. He could hardly believe that his mother would write an entire song for him!

He had always worried. Secretly worrying that his parents didn't actually love him. That they would be ashamed of how he is now. But he was wrong. He must have been! Because the piece of paper he was holding said otherwise. Said that he'd been wrong, because who would write a song for someone they didn't love.

He put the paper down on the table next to him. He then turned back to the Third and gave him a hug.

"Thank you." He whispers quietly, feeling the tears welling up behind his eyes. He feels arms wrapping around him.

"Your welcome Naruto. It's only right that you would have this. She'd have wanted it. I'm sure." Hiruzan told him with a kind, gentle voice.

After that day, Naruto had dedicated himself to memorizing both the book, and the song until he would never forget it. No matter what happened.
---
And this should be the end of my three Omake story of Naruto and playing the Biwa. It will still pop up in my other omakes, but no longer an actual focus of them.
Adhoc vote count started by DarkKing98 on Feb 27, 2018 at 7:30 PM, finished with 164 posts and 29 votes.

• [X] Wire Proficiency: Although Wires were originally utilized by civilians in both show-making and mechanics, Ninjas have integrated them into their ever growing arsenal of hidden weapons to great effect, just like most of their other tools. {Gains Five (5) Spools of D-rank Ninja Wire.}]
    [X] Space-time: Two of the 4 Hokage were hailed as the fastest Shinobi alive, not only due to their own natural speed, but due to a Fuinjutsu that created a corridor that completely circumvented reality, allowing them to cross the field in the blink of an eye. {Gains Scroll: "The Theory of Reality."}
    [X] Blitzkrieg: Whilst fighting smart is all well and good, it even works most of the time, there are enemies too wise or powerful to fall to clever ploys, then your only choice is to strike hard and fast, crushing them with your preternatural fury. {Gains Scroll:"Wrath of The Gods."}]
    [X] Path of The Professor: Inheriting the title of Hokage from his Sensei during the First Shinobi World War, Hiruzen Sarutobi sought to master the Ninja Arts in their entirety in order to grant Konoha victory in not one, not two, but three Shinobi World Wars with his vast wisdom. [Gain +5 Wisdom {WIZ} Per Level up. Gain Skill: {Bo Staff Proficiency} BONUS: Gain Trait: {Disciple of The Monkey King}]
    [X] Path of The Hero: Clawing his way up from nothing, Minato Namikaze surpassed even Hiruzen's own students in the eyes of the village when he denied enemy forces reinforcements at a pivotal moment in the Third Shinobi World War. He cemented himself as the Leaf's Hero when he sacrificed himself to seal the Kyuubi No Kitsune. [Gain +5 Charisma {CHA} Per Level Up. Gain Skill: {Honourable Soul} BONUS: Gain Trait: {His Father's Son}]
    [X] Energy conversion: One of the basic rules of physics is "You cannot generate energy, only convert it." Well, Chakra is a prime energy source that with only a few brush-strokes can be converted to devastating effect. {Gains Scroll: "The Transformative Flow."}
    [X] Guerilla Warfare:The strength.of a small unit is its mobility and unpredictability, allowing them to hit larger forces when and where it hurts the most, never giving them a chance to recover
    [X] Reconnaissance:.Sometimes, Missions are easy, get in, do the deed and get out, but more often than not either the client doesn't know the full picture or the enemy has a few hidden aces and any unknowns could jeopardize the Mission. {Gains Scroll: "Knowing Is Half The Battle."}
    -[X] Blitzkrieg: Whilst fighting smart is all well and good, it even works most of the time, there are enemies too wise or powerful to fall to clever ploys, then your only choice is to strike hard and fast, crushing them with your preternatural fury. {Gains Scroll:"Wrath of The Gods."}]
    -[X] Path of The Hero: Clawing his way up from nothing, Minato Namikaze surpassed even Hiruzen's own students in the eyes of the village when he denied enemy forces reinforcements at a pivotal moment in the Third Shinobi World War. He cemented himself as the Leaf's Hero when he sacrificed himself to seal the Kyuubi No Kitsune. [Gain +5 Charisma {CHA} Per Level Up. Gain Skill: {Honourable Soul} BONUS: Gain Trait: {His Father's Son}]
    -[X] Space-time: Two of the 4 Hokage were hailed as the fastest Shinobi alive, not only due to their own natural speed, but due to a Fuinjutsu that created a corridor that completely circumvented reality, allowing them to cross the field in the blink of an eye. {Gains Scroll: "The Theory of Reality."}
    -[X] Shuriken Proficiency:The Shuriken or Ninja Stars were some of the first tools created by the farmers who became the first proto-ninja. Meaning today's usage of them has been refined to an exact science. Unlike Kunai, Shuriken do more damage. {Gains Twenty (20) D-rank Shuriken}
    [X] Plan Heroes Of Konoha
    [X] Guerilla Warfare:The strength.of a small unit is its mobility and unpredictability, allowing them to hit larger forces when and where it hurts the most, never giving them a chance to recover {Gains Scroll: "The Little Man's War."}
    [X]Shuriken Proficiency:The Shuriken or Ninja Stars were some of the first tools created by the farmers who became the first proto-ninja. Meaning today's usage of them has been refined to an exact science. Unlike Kunai, Shuriken do more damage. {Gains Twenty (20) D-rank Shuriken}
    [x] Plan Path of the Angry Kitten
    [x] Path of The General: Although it was Hashirama and Madara who founded the new world, it was Tobirama Senju who defined it as the Nidaime Hokage. Using his ingenuity, he lead Konoha through the First Shinobi World war [Gain +5 Intelligence {INT} Per Level up. Gain Skill: {Hyper-Focus}]

Omake: A Loving Mother's Gift
---
It was Naruto's eleventh birthday when Hiruzan brought Naruto a gift that made him love the Third Hokage forever. Or rather, gifts. For the Old Man had truly delivered this year. One gift was a music book about how to read sheet music and how to write it. But that wasn't the gift that near brought Naruto to tears. No, it was a single sheet of music paper. Music paper with a certain song on it, from someone he never expected to get anything from.

"A-Are you sure?" He asked Hiruzen, his voice trembling as he looks at the piece of paper, holding it like fine china that could break if he put to much pressure on it.

"I am. I wouldn't miss that handwriting anywhere." Hiruzen replies with a smile.

The piece of paper was the song Naruto's mother had written for him. He couldn't believe it. He never thought he'd get anything from either of his parents. He thought everything they owned was destroyed in the Kyuubi attack. The Old Man thought everything they owned was destroyed in the attack! Naruto couldn't believe that this survived. He could hardly believe that his mother would write an entire song for him!

He had always worried. Secretly worrying that his parents didn't actually love him. That they would be ashamed of how he is now. But he was wrong. He must have been! Because the piece of paper he was holding said otherwise. Said that he'd been wrong, because who would write a song for someone they didn't love.

He put the paper down on the table next to him. He then turned back to the Third and gave him a hug.

"Thank you." He whispers quietly, feeling the tears welling up behind his eyes. He feels arms wrapping around him.

"Your welcome Naruto. It's only right that you would have this. She'd have wanted it. I'm sure." Hiruzan told him with a kind, gentle voice.

After that day, Naruto had dedicated himself to memorizing both the book, and the song until he would never forget it. No matter what happened.
---
And this should be the end of my three Omake story of Naruto and playing the Biwa. It will still pop up in my other omakes, but no longer an actual focus of them.
Naruto's {Biwa Proficiency} has leveled up by one and he has gained the trait {His Mother's Son}

Only problem is, I don't know what to do about Kakashi's 1000 Jutsu thing. I don't fancy giving him like 1100 skills yet. :confused:
Um. Well, that'd technically be a problem for multiple characters...

What about having broad categories of skills, or a skill that represents "depth of knowledge", and then giving him a few "signature techniques"? If you're not 100% aping The Gamer you can tweak things anyway...

Only problem is, I don't know what to do about Kakashi's 1000 Jutsu thing. I don't fancy giving him like 1100 skills yet. :confused:
What about having broad categories of skills, or a skill that represents "depth of knowledge", and then giving him a few "signature techniques"?
This is probably the best idea as you could "hand-wave" it (a little) by having something like "Earth Ninjutsu", perhaps combining it with the ranks making something like "covers essentially all E rank jutsu".

Do you need to show us the questers all his skills?
Just make a gag about him scrolling through a thousand jutsu skills and getting bored just scrolling and then he can pull out random jutsu whenever.

Do what Kakashi does best and hide his character sheet behind a mask behind, a mak behind, a genjutsu. Or in short have him troll everyone just as he is wont to do.

So.... pattern recognition tells me that Kurama is in a long campaign with Gyuuki, Chomei, and Shukaku as the psychopathic old school DM. He's also a Karaoke Boss.

Back