Breaking Destiny (Fire Emblem: Awakening Quest)

You know, looking at Severa's thoughts of Leonard should go out more but combined with the the where am I, Again? trait. Can't help but think Severa is conflicted. On one hand she wants him to go out more. But on the other if he does its likely he won''t be seen for awhile due to getting lost.
The answer of course is to go with him. Like going to find the privy shrub with Noire in otl.

It occurs to me after looking at the sheets that we lack the Child of War trait and won't get some of those juicy growths that our fellows will have. Probably gonna have to train hard to make up for that.

11: Exercising Cawtion I
[][Dark Magic Training] Power. Throughout your trip, you go into many magical spars with your father, with the both of you using Dark Magic and spells. Specifically, low and medium-power Dark Magic spells, improving your overall magical power along the way. (Gain Unique Dark Magic Tome - Murder of Crows, Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes, Novice with Ruin Tomes, and +10 MAG)
[][Interlude] The Best Friend

You stared down the Dark Mage that was your father with resolute certainty. "I want to train my magical power, father."

He stopped flipping through his book, closing it shut with a loud snap. "Hmm? You want to train your magical power? Why not your mind instead? You do remember what I said about Dark Magic, right?" He bluntly questioned, making you flinch back.

...Why did you want to train power again? Ah, that one tome he mentioned before. A magic spell made by your father, along with being one of its kind in the whole world of magic? Let alone the world of Dark Magic? You would kill to get that thing!

Metaphorically, of course.

"Well, I'm interested in the spell you mentioned earlier. It seems like a good idea to have something like that," Henry met your eyes with a piercing gaze, "Also, I don't believe control will help on the battlefield—against enemies at least." You quickly added.

Your father nodded in approval, a proud aura radiating off of him. Bringing his arms around you, he said, "Well, I'm glad to know that you at least know the pros and cawns of each training method. Nyeh nyeh heh!" Then, without any hesitation or warning, he pulled you into a tight hug.

That was quite the hug he was giving you. Perhaps a hug that was far too tight for a child to be held in, especially of your stature and build.

Oh gods, was this what it felt like to be suffocated without remorse? You raised a hand to try and tell him to stop, but right before you tapped his back you realizef that you would have probably lost more air if you did that. That important tidbit aside, he wouldn't have heard you anyway, what with the excited muttering and incessant praise that he was repeating over and over and over again—

Thankfully, he loosened his grip, letting you fall onto the floor as you took in that sweet, sweet air. You would never underestimate the power of hugs ever again, no matter if someone was trying to give you one or if they wanted to receive one themselves.

"Leonard, go and rest early tonight. We'll start training at the hour before dawn." Henry mentioned with a smile, leaving you to rest.

Well, this couldn't be too difficult, right? It was just training dark magic, after all. What could possibly separate dark magic training from regular magic training?

"Damn you, Murphy. I hate you so much!" You hissed, diving to the ground as a volley of darkness flew overhead.

Distantly, the bemused voice of the demon plaguing your mind hit your ears. "I don't know who this Murphy is, Leonard, but they sound like a wonderful person I'd love to meet!" Tuning him out, you focused on not getting blasted without remorse by Henry.

Unexpectedly, there were a lot more things that are different between researching Dark Magic and Elemental Magic. Much more than you could handle, honestly. It was like you were back in high school, multitasking by listening to lectures and taking notes.

One of those key differences, though, was how mages fought with Dark Magic. It was more aggressive and destructive than you had initially perceived it to be. Your father brought some dusty old books and displayed how old mages who only used the main three elements of wind, thunder, and fire were calm and intuitive. In battle, they were able to make rational and clear-headed decisions, leading the charge with a group of fellow soldiers.

Meanwhile, the casting of Dark Magic was odd. It was like a voice that teetered on the edge of your mind, telling you to delve past the line of no return. To satisfy the selfish urges you didn't know you had ever thought about. Your father had told you all about Dark Mages and their untimely descent into madness. Especially about a man named Gharnef; how he twisted his soul and others through the usage of dark magic.

You would be different. You wouldn't be like the others who succumbed to their urges. Those who became a shadowed husk of their former selves. Rising above that, the heavy mantle of Dark Magic would be yours to use without fail.

But before all of that would happen, you had a spar against your father to finish.

"Fuck me, that shit is overkill." A flurry of curses left your mouth as you sprinted behind a large dune of sand. Not long afterwards, a large barrage of purple lights peppered your previous hiding spot—leaving nothing but dust and purple mist in its wake.

"I heard that Leonard, no swearing! Also, you better attack soon. If not, you'll experience quite the cawtrastrophe." Henry yelled with a quip at the end. Cackling like a madman at his self-imposed joke, he continued to rapid-fire Ruin spells in your direction.

Yet despite his incessant laughing, his casting speed and spell accuracy weren't slowing down at all. The only reason you knew about this was because he had been doing so for the past couple of hours. That is, repeating crow puns to provoke a reaction out of you in order to discern your current location and repeatedly bombarding that area with Dark Magic.

That wasn't the main problem, as tiring as it was running away over and over again. The real problem was how he kept casting those Ruin spells.

Up until now, you didn't have any hard opinions on crows. But now, an instinctual, primeval fear of the bird tunnelled itself into your mind every single time that that dreaded cawing noise made itself known.

Seriously, how the hell were his spells shaped and looked like a damn crow while also keeping overwhelming projectile speed and accuracy?

You loved your father, as crazy as he was sometimes. You really did. But Gods above all, he was one hell of a slave-driver regarding Dark Magic training.

In that manner, how the hell did he even die in the original timeline? Hell, how did any of the Shepherds die? All you really knew was that they 'sacrificed' themselves to protect the children.

But that didn't explain what they died to, only how they perished!

You weren't given anymore time to think as Henry landed another barrage of spells on your cover. A resounding noise filled your ears as sand billowed all around you, the sand dune you were positioned behind used to prolong the sandstorm that had began earlier. Through the veil of sand, a purple aura coalesced into an amalgamation of chaotic magical energy that sped towards your direction.

Quickly lunging to the side, you avoided the blast of Dark Magic—your tiny legs working overtime to bring you to your opponent.

Hopefully, you could end this with a tie at best.

Outperforming him through spells was an impossibility. Same with outlasting him in a battle of attrition. As such, you had to surprise him with something he wouldn't expect and hope that would be the deciding factor to end this.

You sprinted out of the sandstorm, another barrage of magic missiles fired in your direction. Channeling a large amount of magic into your fingertips, you quickly mimicked the same barrage of spells, matching his spells in an explosion of purple frenzy.

Raising an eyebrow at your fatigued state, Henry smiled. "Hmmm, you did quite well Leonard." He examined the crater-filled wasteland that was once an oasis with an impressed expression.

"Did—did I do it? Did I pass?" You asked, gathering your breath and resting a knee on the warm sand below.

His face wasn't visible from the angle you were at, but his voice held a tone of approval as he said, "You did well. I believe it's time to throw all cawtion to the wind and begin your training with this spell I've been teasing you about."

Wait, really? Getting up from your resting position, you tried to stand up and give him a hug.

Well, keyword being tried. You went up and lunged at him like a tiger, slumping to the side like a large sack of potatoes.

Defeat had never felt so warm and inviting.

With your voice muffled by warm sand, you muttered, "Can we start tomorrow, father? I don't believe I can move anything at the moment."

At your predicament, he audibly snickered. Subtly, a murder of crows joined in with their own mocking squawks.

Cheeky bastards.

"Sure, Leonard. Let me get you off of the sand though, I've heard from Miriel that you should take cawtion when sleeping on it." He laughed, heaving your very numb and exhausted body off the ground and onto your shoulder.

Ugh, you were more exhausted after this than an extremely strenuous session of Frederick's training. That was definitely something that surprised you. Never once did you expect your father to be more of a slave-driver than the man who was more stern than an unbudging rock.

At any rate, this was probably a good time to get some rest. You didn't think the new spell required physical activity. Especially from what your father told you. But with all the drawbacks he listed and repeatedly mentioned, you would rather be safe than sorry.

As you closed your eyes, the wave of darkness that accompanied dream never felt so comforting in this entire life until now.

"Leonard, wake up."

Ugh, what? Your, well, everything was so sore. You thought you'd be used to such a sensation by now, but the world kept finding ways to make body fatigue more and more unbearable.

"We're back at camp."

Oh, right. Father carried you back to camp while you rested for a bit.

"Here, this should make you feel slightly better." He said, handing you a bottle. Thank Naga, you're thirstier than your mother's obsession with Robin. Taking it from his hands, you tore off the seal and poured it down your parched throat.

"Be careful not to drink it though-" Henry started with a mirthful smile. What? What did you just drink!

Spitting out the bitter and burning liquid with disgust, Henry took the bottle from your hands and regarded you with disappointment.

A palm met his face as he muttered, "Gods damn it, Leonard. You just did a Vaike…"

Ouch, that hurt more than anything else you have ever experienced. Moreso than that one incident in the forest. But that didn't answer your question, though.

What the hell did you drink?

Your father turned the bottle, allowing you to read the label. "You're not supposed to drink a Vulnerary, Leonard. You're supposed to pour it onto your wounds," he closed his eyes as he reminiscingly grinned, "Well, unless you want to be like Vaike and become an alcoholic. But, I wouldn't let that happen anyway!"

Well, that explained why it felt like your throat was burning with the fury of a thousand suns. Still, the bottle was extremely inconspicuous and didn't have any defining features that screamed "this is a Vulnerary: Please do not drink!". They really should have made it clear that these bottles were Vulneraries, not water.

It definitely wasn't your fault for not checking what a Vulnerary was or what it looked like beforehand, nope.

Clearing your throat in embarrassment, you realized something important; your body wasn't sore any more. At most, there was a faint sensation of numbness, but other than that you felt like you could go for another round of training.

...Not that you wanted to put yourself through that hell again, of course.

"Anyway, here's the magic tome I was going to give you." Henry began, pulling out a black book with the etchings of a crow on the weathered leather cover.

Woah, that was definitely something you've never seen before. It wasn't as malevolent or insidious as the other Dark Magic spells he presented to you, but it held some an aura that made you uneasy.

"Come with me so I can give a demonstration as to what this spell can do. It'll definitely twist some beaks when you use it." Following that quick quip, the Sorcerer exited the tent.

Welp. Time to witness the fruits of your labor; what you had worked so hard to obtain.

Getting up and dusting your cloak, you made your way out of the tent. Pushing the flap of the extent aside, you stumbled out to be greeted by...

Nothing. Absolutely nothing in sight, let alone any sign of your father, his footprints, or his whereabouts.

Chalking this up to it being part of whatever he wanted to show, you took another step forward. Instantly, a familiar and almost haunting sound echoed from above. Tilting your head upwards, you witnessed an unknown black mass descending onto the camp. Backing up in confusion and mild panic, your back hit the tent you had just exited—mild concern welling in the depths of your mind.

As the mass made it's way to the ground, it slowly dispersed to reveal your immaculately dressed father. Alongside him was a now identifiable murder of crows, all of whom proceeded to either mock bow or wave their wings invitingly.

Huh, that was something you hadn't expected.

Wait a minute, did they just wave at you?

"This is what the spell does, Leonard." Henry held it in his hands with fondness and another emotion you couldn't quite place. "It once belonged to my father many years ago. However, since I don't feel like I need the original time anymore, I feel like you deserve to use this spell for yourself." He said, thumbing through various pages of the book before handing it to you.

Opening the tome with excitement, you were filled with dread and confusion. None of the concepts used in this spell applied to the others you've learned before. Unlike how the Flux, Nosferatu, and Ruin tomes had similarities in how they were cast and made, this spell was different in practice and execution altogether.

To describe the difference, the previous spells were akin to Addition and Subtraction while this spell was more like Calculus that operated on a different system entirely!

"Wait, how did your father create this spell? It seems so complex and I don't understand half of the things written here." You closed the book shut, examining the worn and weathered cover with a curious grip. Then, you turned to face your father.

A sheepish expression met your gaze as Henry explained, "Well, I don't know either," he ran a hand through his hair forlornly, "My circumstances of receiving this book were much different than this..." With a sigh, he shook his head before flashing you a fake, fragile smile.

"Anyway, I'll leave you alone for now. One useful thing I'll mention about this spell is this: messengers." He hinted with a wink, before walking off to who knew where.

Well, that was odd. Either way, you didn't want to waste any time pondering when you could be exploring. Time to do some self-imposed studying and transliteration. Along the way, maybe you'd figure out what he said about messengers.

Maybe you could use the crows as a sort of messenger pigeons?

You bit back frustration as another quill broke apart while writing more notes. Halting your writing process, you went over your current notes from reading through the book for the past few days. Pivotally, you discovered two important things about the spell.

One, you could have up to two crows out at all times, with ten being your max limit. Any crows made after the second will disappear after a few moments. Once you tried to create an eleventh one, all the crows disappeared at once and left nothing behind but purple particles. The only indicator that you ever summoned them was that you felt absolutely drained after casting the spell again.

Two, combining or imbuing these crows with other spells was possible. To be safe, you first combined a crow with a Thunder spell. Immediately, it looked much different than before; The crow changed from its original black feathers to a pale yellow and radiated a more electric aura. After commanding it with an "attack", the yellow bird immediately flew into the distance. Then, a wave of static energy accompanied by a distant thunderclap graced your presence.

After making sure the thunder effects stopped, you looked up from your makeshift cover. It left small divots in its wake and the flash of yellow light you witnessed was definitely an energy blast of some kind.

Testing the spell a few more times with Thunder and obtaining similar results, you decided to be risky and tried it with a Flux spell. It clearly wasn't a normal Dark Magic spell, so why not try to combine it with something as simple as a Flux spell to see what would happen?

Thankfully, it didn't explode in your face right away. Looking over the crow, it was far more malicious than before. The red eyes and purple glow it sent you communicated evil and malevolent intentions that sent shivers down your spine.

Without any sort of warning or command, the crow flew up into the horizon before diving down towards the ground. On impact, it created some sort of purple bubble. Examining it, you put your hand inside and feel—

It all started with a whisper. A distant wind tickling your ears.

Then, it spoke, a guttural voice ringing throughout your very being—as if communicating to your soul.

KILL THEM ALL.

Fear, of dying once again and losing everything. Becoming a hollow husk of your former self that would eventually be forgotten by the world.

Envy, of wanting an existence where such a burden wasn't ever place upon your shoulders. Living a life bereft of such strife and pain.

Anger, of being so weak and pathetic when an apocalyptic future awaited. Your greatest strength but your greatest flaw, as designed by mankind.

All of that and much more reigned supreme within your mind. Emotions overrided common sense and morality, steeling your mind and killing your heart.

Raising a hand, you channeled magical energy into the tips of your fingers, aiming them at yourself.

With a relieved sigh, you—

—pulled yourself away and out of the bubble. A fist clenched, before unclenching itself without as much tension as before. Waving your hand, the bubble of pure mania converged upon itself before fading away, leaving nothing denoting its presence.

Well, that was certainly something. That was intense, and it was only a Flux spell. It wasn't even a Ruin or Nosferatu spell.

You didn't dare to think what kind of effects a Goetia spell would have, the mere thought haunting and harrowing in both concept and literal execution.

After resting your mind from that experience and a half, you followed up on the hint your father gave. If it worked, then this would be a godsend in the future. Although separated and far away from each other, you'd be able to communicate with eachother.

Grabbing a couple of pieces of parchment and an inked quill, you chose to write to…

Choose as many as you want, but only two will win. This is essentially a way to earn Support Points with characters (besides battling or doing social with them. Also, certain characters will unlock certain Events when a support rank is reached).

[][Messenger] Severa. You want to keep her updated on what you are doing, she told you a lot about what she did for her training and you want to return the favor.
[][Messenger] Noire. Your sister seemed nervous when you were leaving, so you want to alleviate her concerns for anything she may have.
[][Messenger] Kjelle. You appreciate her determination to become stronger, but you don't know anything else about her. Time to fix that.
[][Messenger] Owain. Although he got you lost, you want to make amends with whatever has him upset.
[][Messenger] Lucina. You want to keep her updated on your progress, especially on your swordsmanship training.
[][Messenger] Cynthia. She recently brought up something about Pegasus Riding before you left and that has you intrigued about many things.
[][Messenger] Yarne. You haven't interacted with him too much, you should change that.

New Tome Gained - Murder of Crows
A custom spell created by Henry's father, from his knowledge.
Through exploration, you have figured out that you can currently create two permanent crows to send messages, with ten temporary crows being the current maximum.
You are able to combine or imbue these crows with certain spells, such as:
  • Thunder spells, which turns the crows into an electrical bomb. The strength and effects of the explosion may vary, depending on the type of Thunder Spell used.
  • Dark Magic (specifically Flux spell) turns the crows into a madness-inducing bomb. The strength and effects of the explosion may vary, depending on the type of Dark Magic spell or tome used.
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Novice with three different dark magic tomes/spells.
Weapon Rarity - Unique
Weapon Uses - Infinite
Might (MT) - 12 (without spell combinations; base spell)
New Training/Free Time Option - Crow Messaging!
As Henry has stated, you are able to use this spell to create crows that are able to act as messengers when far away or on a trip. This action is called Crow Messaging and has been added to the default pool of training options that are available.

Stat Points Up - Omake Points.
Tempest Warden has used all 6 of their Omake points to increase Leonard's RES stat, raising it from 14 to 20.

2d50 = 9 + 26 = 35 = Assassins. Calculating Threat Levels… Two Barbarians and one Sage. Unknown if more enemies are nearby.

The night was young, and so were you. As such, it was prudent that you got as much sleep as possible. Only Naga knew how much you'd be getting in the future, after all.

"Leonard, wake up!" Your father whispered frantically. Blegh.

That former fact aside, you really didn't want to get up. Yesterday's training was intense, and knowing Henry it would be far more intense once dawn came. If it meant taking a punishment of some sort in order to get more sleep, then so be it.

With a hiss, he said, "There are bandits here!" If his frantic wording made you alert, then his last words made you anxious.

Bolting up from your bedroll, you noticed that Henry was already prepared. An all-too-familiar cloak hid his form, a Ruin tome in hand.

Stumbling in near darkness, you asked, "Where and what are they? What weapons are they using?" You grabbed your bronze sword and tomes, hiding them within the confines of your cloak.

"I'm not too sure, but I did see at least two bandits hiding behind the sand dunes. I also felt the presence of a strong Sage somewhere, but I think they're also with the bandits." He explained.

Well, this was a problem. While you expected enemies, you didn't expect them to attack at night or for a mage to be present. The mage would instantly detect you and alert the bandits.

"Leonard, here's my plan," Henry said with a tone of finality, "I'll get the Sage's attention and deal with them while you kill the bandits. Is that good for you? They're using axes after all."

W-what?

"I- I don't know if I can…" You stuttered. A stray thought about maybe defeating some bandits or brigands went through your mind sometimes, but you didn't think you would kill anyone.

Just the thought of it made your stomach churn.

Your father blinked, pinching the bridge of his nose. He took a deep breath, gray eyes reminiscent of sharp blades piercing through your discomfort.

"Leonard. The fact that here in a graveyard in the middle of nowhere means they're here for us," He stated, emphasizing the gravity of the situation. "So, will the training you've done be for naught? Or will you fight to live another day?" He turned away and hummed in disapproval. "Or do you not want to see your friends again?"

At your silence, he continued, "If you don't fight, what will happen to your friends who might need your help? Sometimes peace isn't an option." Henry trailed off, "After all, I learned that the hard way..."

He shook his head, meeting your eyes with concern. "Anyways, will you fight alongside me? If not, I understand. Just hide here and be sure to stay quiet."

You are currently in a Desert battlefield. Sneak attacks are granted a +20 instead of a +10 to all attack rolls, Wind Magic attack rolls are granted an additional +15, and Cavalry units get their SPD cut in half.

[][Leonard Battle Action] Yes. You'll go after the bandits as intended.
-[][Leonard Battle Action] Engage using your dark magic.
-[][Leonard Battle Action] Engage using your thunder magic.
-[][Leonard Battle Action] Engage using your bronze sword.
[][Leonard Battle Action] Yes. But you'll go fight the Sage instead.
[][Leonard Battle Action] No, you'll stay back and hide.
[][Leonard Battle Action] Write-in

You don't necessarily control Henry, but you may be able to persuade him to do something else. If it isn't an idiotic move, that is.

[][Henry Battle Action] He fights the Sage, as intended.
[][Henry Battle Action] He should fight the bandits instead.
[][Henry Battle Action] Write-in

Current Stat List

• Class: Dark Mage - As a child of a strong dark mage, your dark magic is even stronger. You are able to use both anima and dark magic, but your dark magic will always be stronger than anima magic. You are also able to promote into the Sorcerer or Dark Knight class, when you are experienced enough. +15 to all dice rolls relating to dark magic and +10 to all dice rolls relating to anima magic, but -10 to all social rolls with people who are aware that you are a Dark Mage.
  • HP(Health): 17
  • STR(Strength): 14
  • MAG(Magic): 30
  • SKL(Skill): 18
  • SPD(Speed): 19
  • LCK(Luck): 11
  • DEF(Defense): 13
  • RES(Resistance): 20
Green is indicative of your boon stat, while red is your flawed stat.

Weapons of Importance

New Bronze Short-Sword - This sword was gifted to you by Lucina after you accepted her deal to be taught swordsmanship. This is a very sharp sword. Even after barely touching the tip of your finger with it, you can see droplets of blood exiting the small yet extremely precise cut.
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Novice
Weapon Rarity - Common
Weapon Uses - 40
Might (MT) - 2
Gain a +10 to your first ten melee attack rolls. Any and all attack rolls after that will be reduced to +5 due to the blade becoming dull afterward.

Murder of Crows - A custom spell created by Henry's father, from his knowledge.
Through exploration, you have figured out that you can currently create two permanent crows to send messages, with ten temporary crows being the current maximum.
You are able to combine or imbue these crows with certain spells, such as:
  • Thunder spells, which turns the crows into an electrical bomb. The strength and effects of the explosion may vary, depending on the type of Thunder Spell used.
  • Dark Magic (specifically Flux spell) turns the crows into a madness-inducing bomb. The strength and effects of the explosion may vary, depending on the type of Dark Magic spell or tome used
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Novice with three different dark magic tomes/spells.
Weapon Rarity - Unique
Weapon Uses - Infinite
Might (MT) - 12 (without spell combinations; base spell)

Thunder Tome - Temporarily borrowed from your father. The basic and easiest to cast of all thunder spells. When cast, a small but damaging thunderbolt appears.
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Novice
Weapon Rarity - Uncommon
Weapon Uses - 30
Might (MT) - 3

Flux Tome - A copy you gained from your father after completing your training. The basic and easiest to cast Dark Magic spell. A simple projectile that can cause mental effects when hitting enemies.
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Flux Tomes: Novice
Weapon Rarity - Uncommon
Weapon Uses - 25
Might (MT) - 5

Nosferatu Tome - A copy you gained from your father after completing your training. The second easiest spell to cast, albeit more complex. Allows the user to drain and heal with half of the damage done onto an enemy.
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Nosferatu Tome: Novice
Weapon Rarity - Rare
Weapon Uses - 20
Might (MT) - 7

Ruin Tome - A copy you gained from your father after completing your training. One of the harder and more complex spells, but easier to hit and attack with. Roll ≥50 on a 2d50 every attack and you will crit. Rolls the 2d50 instead of the usual 10d10 when using this spell.
Weapon Proficiency Requirement - Dark Magic: Novice
Weapon Rarity - Epic
Weapon Uses - 15
Might (MT) - 4 (12 when critting and without MAG bonuses)

Traits That Provide Battle Roll Modifiers

Walking Battery - You are able to input and output mana out of your body to perform spells in a matter of moments, unseen in most mages.
+10 to MAG attacks and to battle rolls regarding enemy magic attacks.
Due to this trait, you are unable to perform and will always fail sneak attacks on any enemies who are magically inclined.

Warrior's Spirit(E) - For some reason or another, you will always be confident in a battle. Even in a tense and devastating confrontation, you will be confident in yourself. With this trait, gain +3 to all battle rolls. Can be leveled to Rank D through successful combat actions. 0/15

Abilities

Personal: ????? ?? ? ???? - ???
Class Abilities - Anathema and Hex
Battle Frenzy - Gained during his time at the institution he was abandoned at. When one releases all sanity, pain and emotions are nothing but a mere annoyance on the body they use. Grants +25 to all combat rolls, but applies a malus of -20 to all social rolls while active.
Animal Whisperer - Like a sort of honey or scent, Henry can attract and gain allies through animals. Allows temporary recruitment of animals when engaging in a Forest or Plain's battlefield.

Proficiencies and Skills

Dark Magic - Master
Hexes and Curses - Master​
Anima Magic - Expert

Abilities

Personal: Amoral Fighter - When Henry lands an attack, roll 1d6 to see if Henry can attack again. If 3 or 6 are rolled Henry will perform another attack roll, but with half as much of his accuracy than before. This process will repeat until either Henry misses or the enemy is defeated.
Class Abilities - Anathema (+10 to all close-range attack accuracy rolls) and Hex (+10 to all close-mid range attack accuracy rolls), Tomebreaker (Adds half of the base attack accuracy and avoid dice roll to the sum of the dice roll), Despoil (Obtain a Bullion when this character defeats an enemy) and Gamble (-5 to Attack Accuracy rolls, but +10 to critical hit chance rolls)

Abilities that are italicized are only obtainable through promoting or reclassing into another class.​

Votes for the next chapter:
  • Messenger
  • Leonard Battle Action
  • Henry Battle Action

Note from the QM:
Sorry this took a while to post, the last week of my midterms said "Fuck you" to my free time and decided that I needed to be more stressed instead of allowing me any moment of relaxation. Also, California can't decide whether my house wants to stay powered or not, so that also impeded my progress on this a lot.

I've now realized Leonard has the physical version of Twitter. :V

On a high note, you've just got one hell of a versatile spell. On another note, your first ever enemy encounter. I did an off-site roll to see if it would be any different, but nope. Not too much. Really. Just shows how bad my luck for rolls really are.

The power cut off multiple times tonight and deleted most of the interlude so I have to rewrite it, but I have work soon so I won't be able to post it until after I come home. The interlude will likely be up at around . If not, then likely tomorrow instead.

Anyways, feel free to @ me. Especially since this is the first battle of the quest, I feel like this is important for future updates. Also if you find errors I'll take the mentions for those too, since those are important as well.

EDIT: 10/7/22, fixed past/present tense and made the chapter (hopefully) easier to read through. Added more meat and flavor to the overall text without completely changing the outcome of plot beats.

Last edited:
I don't know if we are allowed to vote or not, but here are what I'm going to pick:
[][Messenger] Noire. Your sister seemed nervous when you were leaving, so you want to alleviate her concerns for anything she may have.

Because sister needs brother to protect her.

[][Leonard Battle Action] Yes. You'll go after the bandits as intended.
-[][Leonard Battle Action] Engage using your thunder magic.

Rather use what we know, even if we trained on our black magic.

[][Henry Battle Action] He fights the Sage, as intended.

[X][Messenger] Severa. You want to keep her updated on what you are doing, she told you a lot about what she did for her training and you want to return the favor.
[X][Messenger] Noire. Your sister seemed nervous when you were leaving, so you want to alleviate her concerns for anything she may have.

[X][Leonard Battle Action] Yes. You'll go after the bandits as intended.
-[X][Leonard Battle Action] Engage using your dark magic.

[X][Henry Battle Action] He fights the Sage, as intended.

Severa is our best friend and Noire is our sister, simple enough. Henry know what he's doing and our dark magic is stronger than anima magic, graveyard might offer lore bonus to dark magic?

Severa is our best friend and Noire is our sister, simple enough. Henry know what he's doing and our dark magic is stronger than anima magic, graveyard might offer lore bonus to dark magic?
Maybe it will, or maybe it will cause chaos on both sides. Who knows?

[X][Messenger] Severa. You want to keep her updated on what you are doing, she told you a lot about what she did for her training and you want to return the favor.
[X][Messenger] Noire. Your sister seemed nervous when you were leaving, so you want to alleviate her concerns for anything she may have.

-[X][Leonard Battle Action] Engage using your thunder magic.

[X][Messenger] Lucina. You want to keep her updated on your progress, especially on your swordsmanship training.
[X][Messenger] Cynthia. She recently brought up something about Pegasus Riding before you left and that has you intrigued about many things.

--[X][Leonard Battle Action] If they close distance switch to bronze sword

So tempted to have Leonard use the sword, but maybe reserve that for now.

Last edited:

Our best friend and our sister, should be no contest.

Edit: honestly I want us to actually use dark magic cause from the way it seems well just keep putting it off more and more, which would be a massive waste given our skills attributes and Dark Mage class.

If I'm not misunderstanding our magic power and resistance is actually pretty great for our 'level'. Still would rather let pops fight the better magic caster for now though.

Last edited:
[X][Messenger] Yarne. You haven't interacted with him too much, you should change that.

Sister obviously but I do want to interact with bunny boy a bit. Also dad has a plan, stick to it.

Henry has tomebreaker so him taking down the sage is a no brainer. Severa and Noire are Leonard's best friend and sister, so the two people who make the most sense to send for. Henry going after the Sage naturally leaves the bandits to Leonard. Thunder just seems less risky overall than the dark magic here and so is what I'd say to go for.

Will vote properly later, but quick question, and not complaining about the results: wasn't the votes 16 to res and 9 to power? Or was i mistaken about something?

Will vote properly later, but quick question, and not complaining about the results: wasn't the votes 16 to res and 9 to power? Or was i mistaken about something?
At the time power was winning, although idk why it's like that now (maybe because of the sockpuppets who voted for power got banned?) I was sure that Power was ahead by around 4-5 votes at the time I closed it.

Either way, it doesn't matter at this point as the sockpuppets have been banned and can't make or vastly overturn any decisive votes like they did for the previous vote.

Last edited:

[][Messenger] Lucina. You want to keep her updated on your progress, especially on your swordsmanship training.

Seems good to me. Gotta get that battle XP for dark magic eventually...

So after heading to work, I've realized that the interlude is probably going to be posted tomorrow (overtime sucks). It'll likely be up before next morning, although I'm not completely certain because my power might go out again.

Either way, the interlude will be out before the voting ends (around 2-3 days, maybe less if I still have my power by then).

[X][Messenger] Lucina. You want to keep her updated on your progress, especially on your swordsmanship training.

[X][Messenger] Cynthia. She recently brought up something about Pegasus Riding before you left and that has you intrigued about many things.

So Noire is mandatory to send a letter to, however, I don't think Severa is as mandatory, and I think expanding our pool a bit more works well, we're going to spend tons of time with Severa in the future, so its not being a bad friend to not select her every opportunity. And riding a Pegasus would be cool and Cynthia has had an interesting dynamic with Leonard so far I'm interested in seeing some more. Thunder magic because well I'm concerned that eliminating anyone with dark magic is going to start putting negative effects on us, I'd rather wait a bit longer before really putting dark magic into combat use.

Back