Breaking Destiny (Fire Emblem: Awakening Quest)

[X][Dark Magic Training] Drawback Immunity. You cast continuous spells throughout the trip, gaining a decent immunity to the long-term effect of Dark Magic onto your mind and soul. (Gain Trait - Mind of Steel Level 2, Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes and +10 RES)
[X][Interlude] The Nervous Archer

[X][Dark Magic Training] Speed. You improve your casting speed, able to cast a barrage of Dark Magic spells in mere moments. (Gain Trait - Focus Fire II (Dark Magic), Intermediate with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes, and +10 SPD)
[X][Dark Magic Training] Drawback Immunity. You cast continuous spells throughout the trip, gaining a decent immunity to the long-term effect of Dark Magic onto your mind and soul. (Gain Trait - Mind of Steel Level 2, Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes and +10 RES)

Speed is important in combat time. Sanity is important the rest of the time.

[X][Interlude] The Voice of Naga
[X][Interlude] The Forgotten One

I know, adding more characters slows down the plot. It also broadens the scope of the world.

I know, adding more characters slows down the plot. It also broadens the scope of the world.
Personally, I don't mind doing some world-building myself.
Valm has a lot of unused potential that they could have used to expand the lore by a decent margid, instead of using it as a filler of sorts.

Last edited:
[][Dark Magic Training] Drawback Immunity. You cast continuous spells throughout the trip, gaining a decent immunity to the long-term effect of Dark Magic onto your mind and soul. (Gain Trait - Mind of Steel Level 2, Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes and +10 RES)

Sanity First.

[X][Dark Magic Training] Power. Throughout your trip, you go into many magical spars with your father, with the both of you using Dark Magic and spells. Specifically, low and medium-power Dark Magic spells, improving your overall magical power along the way. (Gain Unique Dark Magic Tome - Murder of Crows, Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes, Novice with Ruin Tomes, and +10 MAG)

I can't help it, it's unique so I'm a sucker and it reminds me of the vigor I got tons of mileage out of in Bioshock infinite.

[X][Interlude] The Crow Father

It's almost certainly our pops and the man's probably gonna die in all likelihood so why not see whats going on in his head?

I want dragon lady! I want Tikki! She lived through the age of Marth and deserves respect and love! A character most of you guys saw growing up (as in saw her as a child and then as a grown up, which is sometimes really powerful, knowing a character as a kid and as an adult) and as much as I want to see Severa, I want to see Tikki more.

[X][Interlude] The Necromancer

[X][Dark Magic Training] Drawback Immunity. You cast continuous spells throughout the trip, gaining a decent immunity to the long-term effect of Dark Magic onto your mind and soul. (Gain Trait - Mind of Steel Level 2, Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes and +10 RES

[X][Interlude] The Vessels

So looking at the Training Options:

Power = Boosts us to 30 magic, grants access to a unique tome, but doesn't gain us a trait. It does grant access to Ruin Tomes, which not all of the options give.
Speed = 29 Speed, grants us a trait with our Dark Magic, but doesn't grant us any Ruin tomes yet.
Efficiency = 28 Skill, grants us Intermediate in Flux, Nosferatu, and Ruin Tomes.
Drawback Immunity = 24 Resistance, grants us a Trait to keep our mind more resistant to the negatives of the magic, doesn't grant us any Ruin Tomes.

I'd say that Efficiency is the worst option, we get nothing super useful out of it which we can't get from classic training. And gaining higher level proficiency in three tomes I don't find equivalent to a unique tome or a trait. Traits seem pretty difficult to acquire.

After that its hard to really differentiate if any option is just better. Power is a unique tome and its power levels our already highest stat, making us very potent in our magic. Speed is just an all-around good stat that will assist in both our magic and our ability with swords since it is multipurpose, the trait seems like it either gives us bonuses to hitting the same individual or allows us to contain our magic on a single individual as to not harm our allies, that would be very useful. Finally, we have the immunity, which makes us a better mage slayer, and means we'll not have nearly as many problems with the repercussions, and that seems to be the biggest draw, it also keeps us the most balanced stat-wise because we're not raising our already high stats.

I, however, feel its narratively a bit more interesting if we see how the drawbacks of Dark Magic effect the mind of this reincarnated character, I think there is something interesting to be done with just how Dark Magic will affect us despite being mentally intensely mature and with the values of our previous world effecting us.

Thus:
[X][Dark Magic Training] Power. Throughout your trip, you go into many magical spars with your father, with the both of you using Dark Magic and spells. Specifically, low and medium-power Dark Magic spells, improving your overall magical power along the way. (Gain Unique Dark Magic Tome - Murder of Crows, Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes, Novice with Ruin Tomes, and +10 MAG)
[X][Dark Magic Training] Speed. You improve your casting speed, able to cast a barrage of Dark Magic spells in mere moments. (Gain Trait - Focus Fire II (Dark Magic), Intermediate with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes, and +10 SPD)

[X][Interlude] The Conqueror
[X][Interlude] The Necromancer

Last edited:

[X][Interlude] The Best Friend

[X][Interlude] The Stoic Princess

[X][Interlude] The Nervous Archer
[X][Interlude] The Clumsy Pega-Pony Princess

Just to mention it, couldn't decide between speed or resistence, so just went with the one with more votes.

[X][Dark Magic Training] Drawback Immunity. You cast continuous spells throughout the trip, gaining a decent immunity to the long-term effect of Dark Magic onto your mind and soul. (Gain Trait - Mind of Steel Level 2, Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes and +10 RES

I like the idea of gaining more options to using Dark Magic without suffering drawbacks, at least at first. For the Interlude, I was caught between these three options. Naga gives us more lore and thoughts from Tiki, though Severa and Lucina also have high points due to their connection to Leonard. I wonder if Severa would have something to say about Leo training so much with Lucina once he returns, and Lucina's reaction to Severa's response...

Car? What car? Did you mean a cave?

throughout as someone

Throughout what?

Typos/Suggestions:
blood then leave - blood and then leave

Car? What car? Did you mean a cave?

Throughout what?

Typos/Suggestions:
Fixed those errors and typos.

I sincerely don't know how the word cottage can be autocorrected to car by any means, but my computer seems to disagree with me on that front. Thanks for pointing these out!

[X][Interlude] The Vessels

Unique Spell is Unique. That is all.

A bird is a fine dad too.

You are ignoring content by this member.

[X] [Interlude]The Voice of Naga

Omake: Help From The Unexpected by Tempest Warden
So I was bored and decided to write this. Couldn't think of a name though. My original ideal was to have an epic fight between Leonard and the shepherds with maybe Severa and Noire either watching, assisting, ruining his fun, or something. But I think this ended up being funnier.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

It was time. It might've took awhile to find the perfect location that would also be in the path of the coming group. Well, more like you couldn't actually find them and kept getting lost....Severa must never know that encounter with those farmers. Anyways, soon enough Chrom and the others will enter this open field of flowers near a rather clear lake. There was a gentle breeze blowing your cloak and you were now so close to doing your dramatic reveal. In just a moment they will enter this field. It wasn't long with that thought when the first person started to walk out and you started. Not actually paying attention though to who exactly it was though.

"Greetings! I am the Great and Magnificent Leonard! I stand before you to-"

It was around this moment that attention was actually payed to who it was that walked into the field and was now standing there stunned in silence. None of them were the Shepherds. Instead it was yet another group of bandits. You merely sighed at once again having this happen. One of the bandits then decided to speak up. Though it was rather surprising it wasn't an insult or anything really.

"Um, I think we aren't who you were expecting."
"*sigh* No. No you weren't."
"If you don't mind, maybe we could give you directions or something?"
"Well actually that would be quite help- ....Wait a moment, why are you doing this?"
"Well I could give multiple reasons, but mostly we've been hearing talk of some strange guy showing up at strange and/or random places. As well as it starting to get on some people's nerves."
"Ah. Hurtful being called strange, but I guess its fair. Anyways, I don't suppose you know where either the Shepherds, my sister, or maybe one of my friend's are?"
"Depends, what do they look like?

And so, after being given directions, you head off to were Severa was apparently spotted. Though there was just one thing....

"Why are you all following me?"
"Cause we don't trust that you'll actually get there by yourself without someone else being with you."
"Argh, course your totally justified argument."
"Should also mention you almost walked off a cliff"
"....Well I am fully capable of taking care of myself! That was just to see if you were watching me!"
"Sure it was, and we totally believe you."
"....I hate you all so much right now...."
"What was that?"
"Nothing!"

Soon enough you were finally united with Severa and everything was fine. Until you noticed and overheard Severa talking to the "Bandits". Specifically her paying and thanking them. Apparently their not actually bandits and she hired them to find and bring you to her, fully expecting that you'll be lost somewhere and now plans to meet up with Noire.....You're not quite sure how you should feel about this. Hopefully they'll let you try your ideal though....

Back