Breaking Destiny (Fire Emblem: Awakening Quest)

Onto the chapter itself, I tried to show the ramifications of bad rolls. Hopefully, I showed the consequences with them involving magic. Physical rolls won't be too bad, considering your magic is much more powerful and potent than a regular dinky sword or easily healable bruise. Well, unless you use a Levin Sword or something similar and fail the roll. Also, I decided to spoiler the training results so that the text doesn't inflate the chapter too much. Let me know if you think it looks good or if I should change it back to what it was before.

Side Note: At the request of some people, I will allow others to roll one-two of the dice when it's necessary. Just so the rolls are more random and so this is less likely to happen again.
ok real talk... you may have better luck with the dice on another site. D&D dice roller for instance is fairly solid. Just the dice on this site I find are cursed to roll either fairly poorly or fairly well overall in every quest. Like there is rarely an in-between most quests that roll on this site either roll lots of numbers below 50 or lots of numbers above 50. (as in over 70%+ of the rolls are in the one direction per quest.) going back through the quest our highest roll (before modifiers) outside of the duel with Kjelle was an 89 and it only happened once. the only other time we rolled a success without modifiers outside of that roll on a DC that was above 50 was the early roll for intelligence. 😒

Whereas we have failed or barely failed most of our actions on poor rolls. As I feel that you follow the rule that most QM`s follow that you expect most actions to succeed rather than fail I can recommend 5 possible changes to fix this major issue. Because no offense but rarely does letting other people roll fix the issue.

1. Invert the Difficulty checks. Instead of needing to roll high, we need to roll lower. So for what you currently have as DC 60 checks or DC 90 checks make them DC 40 and DC 10 checks respectively where we succeed if we roll 40 or 10 and lower on them. This would still have us fail now and then but based on our rolls so far and the SV dice curse it would make actions more likely to succeed.
  2. roll on another site like D&D dice roller and perhaps roll them 5 times per roll taking only the 5th roll instead as that roller sometimes has problems with spreading out its rolls as well. So long as you pre-roll though it removes the issue.
  3. Change the dice you roll from a 1d100 to a 2d50+1d2-2 for a more average result roll. This might not seem like much but it makes it much harder to roll very low or very high without completely removing the possibility.
  4. switch to progress bars for long term actions: I see lots of quests use these where instead of strait success or fail they represent your progress in completing the what your trying to do. For the big training things like the FFFH or Lucina`s sword training or our magic training. This would be a very viable option and perhaps would be a good idea to switch over to. obviously would not fix every roll but I do feel this would be a much better choice since it represents all the progress we have made so far on it.
  5. Reroll 1 action when we fail most of them. This is the least satisfying option but the easiest to implement. It could still easily go wrong but on turns like this could become a lifesaver and not feel like we spent a full year doing nothing at all.

Change the dice you roll from a 1d100 to a 2d50+1d2-2 for a more average result roll. This might not seem like much but it makes it much harder to roll very low or very high without
Thanks for the suggestion, changed it to the 2d50 from the 1d100 so that gains are a little bit better. Still going to let other people roll though, but they'll be doing a 2d50 as well.

Note that the reason why the DC is so high is because of the fact that you get +6 instead of the normal +1 stats, and that it will lower the stat gains by 2 as you complete it more and more successfully, with it capping at 2 for successes .

(I'm doing it this way so you guys don't keep using the same thing over and over, making you diversify your stats more. You will have a dump stat, but it will likely only be 5-6 points below the rest of the stats. Also, more training actions will be given at certain points after certain events happen).

Thanks for the suggestion, changed it to the 2d50 from the 1d100 so that gains are a little bit better. Still going to let other people roll though, but they'll be doing a 2d50 as well.

Note that the reason why the DC is so high is because of the fact that you get +6 instead of the normal +1 stats, and that it will lower the stat gains by 2 as you complete it more and more successfully, with it capping at 2 for successes .

(I'm doing it this way so you guys don't keep using the same thing over and over, making you diversify your stats more. You will have a dump stat, but it will likely only be 5-6 points below the rest of the stats. Also, more training actions will be given at certain points after certain events happen).
ok! glad my suggestion was helpful! :D though That removes the possibility for a 1 from the roll which is why the 1d2-2 is in the roll. it lets you roll a 1 if you roll 2 1's on the 2d50 and then roll a third 1 on the 1d2. up to you if you wish to include it though.

ok! glad my suggestion was helpful! :D though That removes the possibility for a 1 from the roll which is why the 1d2-2 is in the roll. it lets you roll a 1 if you roll 2 1's on the 2d50 and then roll a third 1 on the 1d2. up to you if you wish to include it though.
I feel like if I get a 2 we're destined to fail anyways, especially after rolling two ones in a row.
Annnddd I just realized I made a pun. Heh.
I believe traditional analysis suggests luck for a weak stat.
Leonard nervously eyes the 5 Dreadlords running at him.
Why did they all target me? Two of them even ran past Owain and Inigo!

Obviously won't happen, but I can see Leonard cursing the gods for having a terrible Luck stat :V

I believe traditional analysis suggests luck for a weak stat.
this is a good point, I mean
  • LCK(Luck) - Determines how 'lucky' you are. 10 LCK = +1 to a dice roll for events.
+1 to a SINGLE die roll for events for every 10 luck? thats completely useless. We should avoid luck entirely unless it gets buffed in some way. Even if it applied to all Dice rolls its still next to worthless as it only applies to like 1 per every 10. Mind you that actually means something then, but its still nothing in effect.

I feel like if I get a 2 we're destined to fail anyways, especially after rolling two ones in a row.
well I mean 1 is a crit fail right? like a complete and utter failure? as bad as it can get? I think it would be good to continue having that if only to avoid rolling 2 1's and getting the same result lol. That way we have a small chance of avoiding it even then.

Leonard nervously eyes the 5 Dreadlords running at him.
Why did they all target me? Two of them even ran past Owain and Inigo!
does luck really affect this? from what I read it effects 1 singular roll for every event we get into. You could at least also have it apply to all combat rolls. In cannon it boosts chances to crit and avoid getting crit. Plus I think it also lowers enemy regular hit chances and increases your own as well if I remember right.

I think in the games, each point of Luck provides a +1 to hit and to dodge, and decreases enemy crit chance by 1. Skill provides +2 to hit and some bonus to crit. Speed provides +2 to dodge and determines doubling (Speed-Weight vs Speed-Weight, difference of 4 or 5 allows doubling).

Dark Mages generally have the lowest Luck stats (bass and cap) in the game.

Last edited:
+1 to a SINGLE die roll for events for every 10 luck? thats completely useless. We should avoid luck entirely unless it gets buffed in some way. Even if it applied to all Dice rolls its still next to worthless as it only applies to like 1 per every 10. Mind you that actually means something then, but its still nothing in effect
Hmm, how about this?

• LCK(Luck): Determines how lucky you are, what items get dropped by enemies, and how often you can critical hit(when you don't crit with a SKL roll). 5 Luck = +2 to a roll, along with increasing chances and amount of a B Rank or higher item being dropped. Luck roll will be out of 5d5, passing a DC of 20 to crit.
Feel free to criticize and see if there's any mistakes, since I do agree that Luck is kind of useless (to be honest who even uses LCK as a buffed stat anyways?)

The item drop mechanics and such will be established on in a later chapter.
However, the simple Mechanics are me simply rolling a 1d75 for an enemy to have an item(liable to change):
  • Nothing: 1-10
  • Untrained Item Drops: 11-19
  • Novice Drops: 20-34
  • Intermediate Drops: 35-49
  • Expert Drops: 50-65
  • Proffessional/Unique Drops: 66-75
What are unique drops? Well, things like that you aren't able to get normally through shops (which I will add later on, as it makes no sense for a nine-year-old to go out and by things by themselves :V). Examples for Unique drops are as follows: Elemental Melee Weapons(like a spear version of the Levin Sword, etc), magical books that are honestly quite rare (light magic, ice magic, etc). Of course while these items have their amazing perks, they also have their downsides (which I'll list when you happen to ever get them).

5 Luck = +2 to a roll
what do you mean by this exactly? is that all rolls that get buffed or just 1 roll during events still? or like 1 roll each year?

because if the 10 luck=+1 applied to all rolls it would not be that bad. Heck even 5=+1 to all rolls should make luck useful without making it too powerful. I mean even if we had 50 luck thats still only +10 to all rolls for something we had to bust our butts to get. and +5 to all rolls if we try and get it to 25. and only +2 to all rolls right now.

Nothing too significant, but enough that many of our barely failed rolls would become barely passed rolls.

I do like the whole item sheet though, makes sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like the whole item sheet though, makes sense to me
The item sheet is something that is going to be put in once the first enemy encounter starts. Also, a shop of sorts will be added along with currency, but that's for another update.
Are we limited to classes that exist in Awakening? Or can we do something like a Dark Knight that can still use Dark Magic?
I'd say Dark Knight is a viable class. Of course you'd need to have some knowledge of how to ride a horse (something that Leonard currently has no experience with).

Vote Closed:
Rolling a 2d50 for Carrion Isle Trip
After rolling: I'm assuming this is good karma coming back?
Adhoc vote count started by ItzNarcotic on Oct 2, 2019 at 2:29 PM, finished with 33 posts and 17 votes.

• [X][Questions and Answers] Yes, you do have a question or two you want to ask Noire.
    -[X][Questions and Answers] Why does she have that weird necklace? Is it connected to her odd behavior earlier?
    -[X][Questions and Answers] Where was she this whole time? Why did Mother take her away?
    [X][Lucina's Offer] Accept the deal. Having some form of swordsmanship would be useful in the future. (Permanently Takes Up 1 out of 3 Training Slots until Sword Proficiency - Expert is reached, but increases SKL stat, Sword proficiency point, and support point gains by 50%.)
    [X][Birthday Trip] Carrion Isle, a deceptively peaceful place to rest and camp at. Located in Plegia, the eastern neighbor of Ylisse (?)
    [X][Questions and Answers] Yes, you do have a question or two you want to ask Noire.
    -[X][Questions and Answers] Why does she have that weird necklace? Is it connected to her odd behavior earlier?
    -[X][Questions and Answers] How and why is she so knowledgeable in magic such as curses and hexes?
    [X][Questions and Answers] Yes, you do have a question or two you want to ask Noire.
    -[X][Questions and Answers] Where was she this whole time? Why did Mother take her away?
    -[X][Questions and Answers] Do you want that necklace you were wearing back? It seems it does strange things to you?
    -[X][Questions and Answers] So which of us is the older sibling, sister?
    [X][Lucina's Offer] Deny the deal. Although swordsmanship is incredibly tempting, you have other things that are higher up on your list to accomplish.
    [X][Birthday Trip] The Mila Tree, the residence of Tiki. Located in Valm, home of Walhart The Conqueror (?)
ItzNarcotic threw 2 50-faced dice. Reason: Carrion Isle Total: 91
41 41 50 50

Last edited:
Well Itz, I may believe you have your work cut out for you now, with real life and writing all of this next update which may be crazy considering the rolls, so I think we'll get the next update right about a few weeks or a month from now. Is that a fair assumption?

Well Itz, I may believe you have your work cut out for you now, with real life and writing all of this next update which may be crazy considering the rolls, so I think we'll get the next update right about a few weeks or a month from now. Is that a fair assumption?
This is going to become a trend isn't it :V

Jokes aside, this will actually come out fairly soon. Though expect a vote for a compensation interlude in this upcoming chapter (honestly those rolls last chapter were so terrible).

It's quests of this quality that annoy me for not finding sooner. Read it all in one sitting and I'm eager for more!

It's quests of this quality that annoy me for not finding sooner. Read it all in one sitting and I'm eager for more!
I appreciate it! And don't worry, I have a update that should be coming out fairly soon (I need to do some editing and proofreading for it, along with some other plot-points).

Life moves on but so will this quest! (I promise!)

10: Comfort & Coincidences
[][Questions and Answers] Yes, you do have a question or two you want to ask Noire.
-[][Questions and Answers] Why does she have that weird necklace? Is it connected to her odd behavior earlier?
-[][Questions and Answers] Where was she this whole time? Why did Mother take her away?
[][Lucina's Offer] Accept the deal. Having some form of swordsmanship would be useful in the future. (Permanently Takes Up 1 out of 3 Training Slots until Sword Proficiency - Expert is reached but increases SKL stat, Sword proficiency point, and support point gains by 50%.)
[][Birthday Trip] Carrion Isle, a deceptively peaceful place to rest and camp at. Located in Plegia, the eastern neighbor of Ylisse (?)

"I might have a question or two," you admitted, settling onto the really comfortable bed sheets.

Man, you were very fortunate to live in this castle. Everything here was made with high standards. Even the guest rooms and washrooms were of quality make, surprising you when you first discovered them.

Your sister sat down, an uncomfortable expression on her face. Oh right, there were questions to be asked and they weren't being asked.

What am I doing? Why are we both just sitting here silently? This is so awkward, is anyone going to say anything?

Clearing your head of those thoughts, you scratched the side your head. "So, if you don't mind me asking," You slowly started, "why do you have this necklace?"

With your free hand, you fished out the necklace from your ink-soaked pocket. Examining it, you tried to figure out why it was so wrong to hold onto. The onyx gem shined with a dark hue of energy, a purple symbol with six eyes engraved into the jewel.

Glancing upwards, your gaze trailed off between the magic-latent item and your sister. She was anxious and afraid, but you didn't know why. The knowledge that was prominent in your mind supplied that you knew she had serious confidence and anxiety issues, but this was worse than you had ever thought it to be.

"You don't need to be so worried, sister." You spoke up, concern in your eyes. Noire briefly met your gaze before pointedly staring off to the side. She shook her head, as if she was debating something, before shuffling her way over to sit beside you. Then, she held her palm out in your direction.

"C-can you give me the necklace?" Grimacing at your reluctance, she quickly added, "It will be easier to explain anything you ask if I have it on."

Rubbing your temple with an ink-covered hand, you placed the necklace into her palm with your free hand. "Just make sure you take it off after you're done." You mentioned, worry weighing itself onto your mind.

She absently nodded, most of her attention directed towards putting on the necklace. A small clink of the talisman falling around her neck later, she turned her head to face you and wow. You didn't think her face could even form a sneer, let alone one with such hatred and ferocity.

"To answer your question brother," she said with a lazy posture, "Mother made this talisman for me. Quite a nice gift, yes?"

She tugged at the black gem, the chains rattling along with every movement. You really didn't know what to say right now. You knew it would be bad but… this was a little bit more different than you thought it to be.

"Speechless, hm? At least that coward had the right idea of letting me speak." stated the… Wait, what would you even call her? She was Noire but at the same time, not really Noire.

"Anyways, my questions," You said, trying to get the conversation back on topic, "Why did she make this for you?"

She incredulously stared at you for a moment, as if to make sure that you weren't joking. Then, raucous laughter exited her lips without any warning.

Your sister covered her mouth with a hand, almost jumping off of the bed with her erratic movement. "You thought that mother made it for me? Especially when she made it for herself?"

"She didn't make it so I could be more confident in myself, but so that I didn't run away when she did her experiments!" She continued, her laughter sounding a tad too maniacal for your ears.

That made a lot more sense than just making it so she would become more confident. Thinking back on said context of her captivity, the reasoning was very logical. Tharja didn't necessarily care about many things, but you did know that her research was one of the many things she did actually care about. Well, Robin too but that didn't really apply here.

"Do you have one last question to ask, brother?" said your sister, an eyebrow raised with her lips pursed into a small smirk.

"Yes, actually." You admitted, thankful that she finally stopped laughing. You couldn't ever imagine your shy sister conjuring up such evil and psychotic laughter.

Noire rolled her her eyes, "Hmph, ask away then. It's not like we have anything to do while we're here."

Well, at least she was honest about this.

"Anyways, where were you this whole time?" Genuinely speaking, you were very confused since in the Original Timeline–the one you weren't born in; Gods, was that confusing as hell to think about–had her escaping from Risen with Tharja sacrificing herself to protect her.

"Ah yes, my escape from Mother's lab. That was quite the opportunity that happened." She started, a wistful expression on her face.

Wait, escape from her lab? What!

Smiling at your panicked expression, she continued, "Mother kept me inside a small cottage in the middle of some sort of forest. Over time, I pretended to give up trying to find a way out. However, in reality I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to leave."

A forest? Where the hell was she at? You didn't know any places with a well-known forest! Well, maybe Valm but that was too far from Ylisse.

"At one point, Mother started making a potion of sorts. Something about finding a man named Robin, who apparently went missing some time ago. But she was missing a key component, the blood of a newborn." She explained with a distinctly nonchalant gaze.

So, that was why Noire was taken away. But wait, why didn't she just take a vial of blood and then leave?

She amusedly hummed and said, "I see your confusion brother, so let me explain further. Mother wanted to make a teleportation spell to find this Robin. However, she needed a steady supply of blood, our blood, to successfully create it. She was able to take me and not you because Father was staying with you the whole time."

So, the only reason Mother didn't take you away was because of Father? That made a lot of sense. Father was likely much stronger than Tharja herself in terms of Dark Magic power. He was infamously known throughout Plegia as someone from Validar's court, after all.

"With that, I waited until she finally completed it. My escape route. My way out of that dreaded place," Noire said with a hint of fragility.

...Even with her alter ego in control, she really was just a traumatized and anxious girl in the end, huh?

"Come here, sister." You said, not wanting to see your sister cry.

She wiped the stray tears from her face, confusedly approaching you. "What is it, brothe-oomph!" Lunging forward without any hint of a warning, you tackled her onto the bed. Your arms wrapped around her body as you gave her a warm, comforting hug.

"Brother! Get off of me this instant! There will be hell to pay for this travesty!" She roared, attempting to escape your hold. Slowly, her attempts to escape your ultimate attack slowly crumbled away.

"Even strong people have to cry, sister." Her body stiffened, going slack as you finished your statement. She reciprocated your hug, clutching onto you like a baby would.

The room was quiet, peaceful even, as silence reigned supreme within the room. Then, the sound of sniffling filled your ears. Not too long afterwards, the sobs of a girl in need of happiness overcame it. Your sister tightened her grip around your comforting hug, tears staining your undershirt as a past left unsaid made itself known.

Well, you definitely had to play the role of a brother now. Whether it be younger or older, you knew that you would be standing side by side with Noire in the near future. To fight for your life, your country, your lost future. To go and Break your Destiny, so to speak.

If only to let your alternate self live a better life, one without all of this unnecessary war and bloodshed.

Going over Lucina's deal one final time, you chose to take her up on that training offer. Having some form of close-range combat that wasn't one involving frantically fumbling around with magic was ideal.

Also, no one would expect a mage to pull out a sword in the middle of a spell fight. That itself wasn't necessarily a good tactic, but the option of even doing that to someone would be glorious for you to witness, even if it was firsthand.

"I accept your deal," you answered with conviction.

The princess raised a brow. "Are you sure?" Lucina pressed further, "Any knave could wield a sword, but only those who hold the courage and spirit necessary can fight alongside their allies on the battlefield."

Wow, she was really laying it on you. But, there was no backing down now. You wanted this.

"Yes, I am certain," you declared, the thrumming of your heartbeat drowning out your ears.

Her stoic glare turned into one of approval. "Very well then. We'll continue your lessons, starting the next fortnight." You absently nodded in acknowledgment, sudden fatigue hitting your mind. Letting out a yawn, you moved to exit the training grounds.

As you attempted to walk past her, she grabbed your arm with a vice grip. "Stay yourself, if only for a moment. I have something to give to you," she stated. Letting go of your arm, she opened a door and walked into it's depths, leaving you to stand in the training grounds by yourself.

Well if she had something to give, you could wait a bit. Maybe it was something to help your training? Perhaps a starting weapon of some sorts to support your initial swordplay sessions?

A moment that seemed like an eternity passed by and Lucina eventually came back out, a bronze sword in hand. Strutting up to you, she extended the hilt in your direction.

A small smile formed on her lips. "Take this with you. While you are still under my training and have no proper knowledge, having a blade in your possession will prove useful in the future." The bluenette's voice was firm as she gestured for you to take the weapon out of her hands.

Nodding, you took it into your hands. It was sharp and of surprising make, so much so that you felt as if you would cut yourself just by touching the bladed end. If you had to guess, you could probably cut through some weaker metals with ease using this blade.

A foreboding, expressionless stare replaced her firm one as she eyed you and the blade in your hands. "After all, you never know when brigands of bandits may appear," she ominously added. Once her piece was said, she quickly left the room, allowing you to collect your thoughts.

Well then. If that wasn't foreboding by any means, then what really was at that point?

Weapon Obtained - New Bronze Short-Sword
This sword was gifted to you by Lucina after you accepted her deal to be taught swordsmanship. This is a very sharp sword. Even after barely touching the tip of your finger with it, you can see droplets of blood exiting the small yet extremely precise cut.
Weapon Level Requirement: Novice
Gain a +10 to your first ten melee attack rolls. Any and all attack rolls after that will be reduced to a +5 due to the blade becoming dull after repeated usage. However, this can be averted by resharpening it on a grindstone in a smithy of sorts.

The time had arrived. Your father had chosen Carrion Isle as the location you would train at, and today was the day you would embark on your very own training trip. One that would last an entire month, with only your father as company.

Your best friend waved from the pier as she yelled, "See you soon, Leonard!" A suit of armor similar yet different to her mother's covered her body, various adjustments done to fit her personal combat style and preferred colors of sleek silver and dark crimson.

Waving back towards her, you let out a small sigh of relief. It was apparent that you were able to avert Severa's problems that stemmed from her trust issues regarding her mother.

Hopefully, you could endeavor to do the same for the other children in the future. Before it was too late to do so, anyway.

Gods, the planning you had to do. So much planning and actions to take...

A familiar voice hit your ears, breaking you out of your pondering. "Leonard, can you come over here? I need to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. A sightless mage is no better than a dead man, or something like that." Henry said, beckoning you to the ledge of the boat that he had "rented" from a sailor.

Looking over the edge, what you saw was...

2d50=91 + 15(Dark Mage) +10(Walking Battery) + 3(Reincarnate) + 7(Henry A-Rank Support) = 126 = Critical Success! DC = 55

"Well, that's not ominous by any means," you mumbled. Both you and your father were expecting to see at least one boat, maybe even a trading ship.

Instead, there were no ships nearby. No boats, fleets or armada of ships that could attack you. It was just you, your father, and the ship that he hijacked from that poor sailor out in the salty seas.

He scanned the horizon with a pair of binoculars as he stated, "You see it too, right? There's no one here," he lowered the binoculars and turned to face you, "It seems like Plegia is preparing for some kind of war."

That I have to join are the unspoken words that echoed throughout his mind and yours. If such a thing did happen to occur, then chances were that you'd be seeing your father even less and less. Perhaps even forever...

Deciding that being mopey about a situation that hadn't even happened yet was a bad idea, you moved away from the edge of the ship to think about more important matters.

Besides the obvious oddities going on, you had a lot of free time to train your dark magic that you wouldn't want to take for granted. The real question, though, was what you wanted to train during this oddly peaceful birthday trip.

You could increase your magical power, increasing your overall damage. Hell, your father apparently had a special tome that he made for you to use. Well, if you wanted to increase your power, at least. He explained how you needed a certain level of magic before even attempting to use it, something about the book trying to dominate your soul if you didn't have enough magical energy.

Your father also recommended training your casting speed, which you absolutely agreed with. You didn't want to be caught by surprise mid-cast when faced with a stray sword, lance, or axe, especially when by yourself or without some supporting fire via an archer or another mage.

There was also magical capacity that you could increase, something your father had to perform when in Validar's court. He said it involved the mind and body, but nothing too detailed otherwise.

Finally, there was the option of increasing your resistance to the effects of dark magic. Your father knew a technique that someone before him had used multiple times. If you wanted to use dark magic a lot, that was the option you would likely go for, though chances were that it wouldn't mitigate them fully—only delaying the inevitability of overusing Dark Magic.

All of these were valid training plans, each with their own potencies and flaws. In the end, however, you only had enough time to go through with one. As such, what did you train in for the majority of this trip?

Choose as many as you want, but only one vote will win.
[][Dark Magic Training] Power. Throughout your trip, you go into many magical spars with your father, with the both of you using Dark Magic and spells. Specifically, low and medium-power Dark Magic spells, improving your overall magical power along the way. (Gain Unique Dark Magic Tome - Murder of Crows, Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes, Novice with Ruin Tomes, and +10 MAG)

[][Dark Magic Training] Speed. You improve your casting speed, able to cast a barrage of Dark Magic spells in mere moments. (Gain Trait - Focus Fire II (Dark Magic), Intermediate with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes, and +10 SPD)

[][Dark Magic Training] Efficiency. You cast various kinds of spells throughout the trip, becoming somewhat skilled with three of the specific Dark Magic tomes used. (Gain Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Intermediate with Nosferatu Tomes, Intermediate with Ruin Tomes and +10 SKL)

[][Dark Magic Training] Drawback Immunity. You cast continuous spells throughout the trip, gaining a decent immunity to the long-term effect of Dark Magic onto your mind and soul. (Gain Trait - Mind of Steel Level 2, Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes and +10 RES)

As compensation for essentially ghosting you guys for about two-three weeks, pick an interlude. Pick however many you want, but only one shall win the vote. Note that these options will show things relevant to the past, what is happening right now, and may have different information in the future depending on the current circumstances of said events during the future.

[][Interlude] The Best Friend
[][Interlude] The Flirty Dancer
[][Interlude] The Stoic Princess
[][Interlude] The (Kinda) Heroic Swordsman
[][Interlude] The Nervous Archer
[][Interlude] The Clumsy Pega-Pony Princess
[][Interlude] The Crow Father
[][Interlude] The Lord of Ylisse
[][Interlude] The Glorified Butler
[][Interlude] The Voice of Naga
[][Interlude] The Forgotten One
[][Interlude] The Conqueror
[][Interlude] The Necromancer
[][Interlude] The Vessels

Votes for the next chapter:
  • Dark Magic Training
  • Interlude

Note from the QM:

IT LIVES!

Sorry for essentially ghosting and not informing you guys for anything in the past couple of weeks. RL came up along with midterms(which are usually 2-3 weeks long). I barely managed to write this chapter out, but hopefully, I can start a more consistent update schedule again. My midterms are still going on, ending around the beginning of November. I'm using my free time to either write or doing something a bit more relaxing, so I apologize if the quality of this seems a little lower than usual. Now onto the contents of the chapter itself, starting with the questions.

The questions were more so an IC way to know why she has the necklace and how she got to Ylisstol Castle. OOC Leonard obviously knows what's wrong with her, but he has to play along with the fact that he's clueless about what happened to her. Also, I decided to fill in some details with my own headcanon of why she was taken away (it states that she's taken away to be experimented on, but that's very vague).

For the interlude vote, choose whoever you want to see. Whether it be because someone is your favorite or you are simply curious, each option has very important information that could help you, the readers, in this quest and Leonard some way or another. These usually will happen every twenty to twenty-five chapters, but I've decided to make an exception due to the last instance.

Feel free to @ me if you have any questions regarding the chapter, the votes, if I missed anything or the quest in general. I'm on SV pretty frequently nowadays.

EDIT: 10/7/22, fixed the past/present tense issues and (hopefully) made the chapter easier to digest as a whole.

Last edited:
[X][Dark Magic Training] Drawback Immunity. You cast continuous spells throughout the trip, gaining a decent immunity to the long-term effect of Dark Magic onto your mind and soul. (Gain Trait - Mind of Steel Level 2, Intermediate proficiency with Flux Tomes, Novice with Nosferatu Tomes and +10 RES)
[X][Interlude] The Best Friend
[X][Interlude] The Voice of Naga
Best to get used to the effects of dark magic and plus check up on Severa

Last edited:
Back