Breaking Destiny (Fire Emblem: Awakening Quest)

[X][Duel] Spar with her. Might as well oblige her request.
[X][Odd Occurrence] You see many maids and the blue-haired girl from before chasing after a brown-haired girl with pigtails, who drags you along with her.

[X][Odd Occurrence] You see many maids and the blue-haired girl from before chasing after a brown-haired girl with pigtails, who drags you along with her.

I do want to meet The Forgotten One, but man if this option doesn't just sound fun.

[X][Odd Occurrence] You bump into someone...wait, who did you bump into again?

[X][Odd Occurrence] You bump into someone...wait, who did you bump into again?

Omake: Lost and Found by Ghostkiller1
So, about Omakes, I had an idea that wouldn't leave me alone. So here it is.
The class was dull. Hanneman just kept droning on and on about black magic. He wasn't even demonstrating anything, only going through theory. Lysithea was eating it up, looking on enraptured as Hanneman continued, pointing out that it was theoretically possible to use a black magic spell to bolster a person's abilities, like using the thunder spell to speed up his movements.

Flayn as well looked somewhat interested. With two of the students that were actually paying attention near the front, it gave to rest of them, who had taken seats behind them, minor time to goof around. Linhardt was fast asleep, Mercedes had a glassy-eyed stare as she nodded politely at the right times, Felix was staring longingly out the window. Byleth sat still, paying attention but showing no sign whether what she was hearing was interesting or not.

Everyone, except Hanneman, so drawn into his lesson, started to hear noises coming from outside. The sound of boots hitting the stone, and a quiet, "Ma'am! You are going to interrupt Professor Hanneman's class. Please, desist!" The door shot open, revealing that a person had kicked the door open.

A petite woman with red hair styled into twin tails, looking to be about the same age as them, glanced around the room for a moment before settling on Hanneman. "You!" She gave a roar, pointing aggressively at the teacher.

The students' eyes darted from the woman to who she was pointing at, the man turning incredibly pale. "S-Severa?"

Severa's face twisted into a nasty scowl, and most of the students flinched back at the look of rage that overtook her face. "Leonard, I am going to shove my foot up your ass if you don't explain to me what the hell you have been doing!"

"Ah, Severa, now's not the best time to be talking." Hanneman replied hurriedly, "I'll take you my office, after," He gestured about the room, "I tell my students here what to do for the rest of class." He looked to the knights that had taken to standing a bit behind her, "Don't worry about this, I'll handle her from here." The knights waited for a moment before nodding and heading back to their posts. "Class, for now, conduct… self-study. I must speak with my friend here."

As he bustled out of the room with the younger woman, the students could only watch in surprise, before looking at one another. By the end of classes that day, there was not a single person in Garreg Mach Monastery who hadn't heard of the young woman who had forced Hanneman away from his class. The rumors that the event caused, however, were varied, to say the least.

With a heavy sigh, Hannem- Leonard, settled into his chair, while Severa stood behind the one opposite of him, foot tapping impatiently, "Well?"

Leonard smiled softly and warmly as he looked up Severa over, "It's good to see you again, Severa."

Some of the anger on her face washed away at that, and she huffed before sitting down, "Yeah, it's nice to see you again, too, now can you get on with the explaining."

"Honestly," Leonard stated, "I don't know. I remember the time travel, but I think something messed up along the way, at least, with me. It was because I woke up near, what I now know to be, Lake Teutates, nothing was recognizable. I wandered west for a while before I learned where I was. I was in a place known as the Andrestian Empire. That was the major indication that something went wrong. Luckily, I was, more or less, forcibly adopted by the von Essar family. Especially when it turned out I had something called a Crest, one that was the same to their own families."

"I've read about them, gifts from the goddess. How," Severa paused, scrunching her face in confusion, "How did you get one?"

"I don't know," Leonard answered honestly, shaking his head. "I tried to figure out how in between the time I spent trying to find a way home."

"How long have you spent?"

Leonard paused for a moment, before "About 15 years. After that, I spent 5 wandering from place to place, trying to find some hint about returning home. I came back when I heard my sister had died. It was the worst, especially compounding with the fact that I had learned nothing about getting a way back home. I must admit, "Leonard looked at Severa, an almost broken looking smile on his face, "I almost broke. I loved her, dearly, I doted on her, and she would always love to hear the stories of the places I've been." He shuddered slightly, looking to the floor, "I left after that, started to work here, as a professor, as you clearly saw."

He didn't notice Severa reaching out slightly, before placing her hand back down. "But enough about that, I've had enough time to mourn." He looked back up at Severa, his voice growing stronger. "How did you find me?"

"We made a spell meant to track you. It took a lot, more than we expected, but understandable considering where you were. Most of the mages used to set it up were completely drained, but then after the initial start-up, a single mage could power it indefinitely."

"Really?" Leonard asked, straightening up in his seat. "Who is powering it?"

"Oh, it's," There was a moments pause, before Severa spoke again, "Actually, why don't you meet him for yourself."

"Oh, is he…?" Leonard cut himself off, as he heard a growing cacophony of crows cawing, in the background. "Wait, is that?"

He turned to look outside, to see the rooftops of Garreg Mach covered in crows. In the courtyard below a swarm of them circled a figure that he could barely make out. "Dad?" Then he noticed the guards that were circling his father. "I better go down before they try to stab him."

He hurried through the hall, Severa trailing behind him. "Captain Jeralt!" He called out, "Please, do not be too alarmed, I know this man. He has just dropped by for a, rather unexpected, visit."

"Hahahaha! Severa, did you find him, yet? Or am I going to have to search," came Henry's voice over the cawing, "Because if I do, I won't mind tweaking a few peoples' beaks! Haha!" Severa only gestured over to Leonard, who took a step forward.

The crows scattered, still hanging around the courtyard, but far enough away to reveal Henry, who stood in the center of that flurry of feathers. "I hope that you didn't think I would give you up as a lost caws now would you?" Henry asked, walking to stand in front of Leonard.

"No, I didn't, but, it'll take a bit," Leonard paused for a split second, turning slightly to look at Severa, "to get back into the wing of things." He had to perfect view as Severa's face turned a range of emotions, before finally settling on disgust. Henry meanwhile was bent at the waist, laughing.

Leonard smiled down at his father. "I missed you, Dad." He said softly, and the smile on Henry's face grew a bit wider and much more genuine.

About 1203 words. A stupid idea of an out of nowhere plot twist where, instead of sending us back in time, something happens and we end up in Fodlan, becoming Hanneman while trying to find our way back home. Hanneman's back story was edited slightly, (obviously) but I think I did quite well. What do you all think?

So, about Omakes, I had an idea that wouldn't leave me alone. So here it is.
The class was dull. Hanneman just kept droning on and on about black magic. He wasn't even demonstrating anything, only going through theory. Lysithea was eating it up, looking on enraptured as Hanneman continued, pointing out that it was theoretically possible to use a black magic spell to bolster a person's abilities, like using the thunder spell to speed up his movements.

Flayn as well looked somewhat interested. With two of the students that were actually paying attention near the front, it gave to rest of them, who had taken seats behind them, minor time to goof around. Linhardt was fast asleep, Mercedes had a glassy-eyed stare as she nodded politely at the right times, Felix was staring longingly out the window. Byleth sat still, paying attention but showing no sign whether what she was hearing was interesting or not.

Everyone, except Hanneman, so drawn into his lesson, started to hear noises coming from outside. The sound of boots hitting the stone, and a quiet, "Ma'am! You are going to interrupt Professor Hanneman's class. Please, desist!" The door shot open, revealing that a person had kicked the door open.

A petite woman with red hair styled into twin tails, looking to be about the same age as them, glanced around the room for a moment before settling on Hanneman. "You!" She gave a roar, pointing aggressively at the teacher.

The students' eyes darted from the woman to who she was pointing at, the man turning incredibly pale. "S-Severa?"

Severa's face twisted into a nasty scowl, and most of the students flinched back at the look of rage that overtook her face. "Leonard, I am going to shove my foot up your ass if you don't explain to me what the hell you have been doing!"

"Ah, Severa, now's not the best time to be talking." Hanneman replied hurriedly, "I'll take you my office, after," He gestured about the room, "I tell my students here what to do for the rest of class." He looked to the knights that had taken to standing a bit behind her, "Don't worry about this, I'll handle her from here." The knights waited for a moment before nodding and heading back to their posts. "Class, for now, conduct… self-study. I must speak with my friend here."

As he bustled out of the room with the younger woman, the students could only watch in surprise, before looking at one another. By the end of classes that day, there was not a single person in Garreg Mach Monastery who hadn't heard of the young woman who had forced Hanneman away from his class. The rumors that the event caused, however, were varied, to say the least.

With a heavy sigh, Hannem- Leonard, settled into his chair, while Severa stood behind the one opposite of him, foot tapping impatiently, "Well?"

Leonard smiled softly and warmly as he looked up Severa over, "It's good to see you again, Severa."

Some of the anger on her face washed away at that, and she huffed before sitting down, "Yeah, it's nice to see you again, too, now can you get on with the explaining."

"Honestly," Leonard stated, "I don't know. I remember the time travel, but I think something messed up along the way, at least, with me. It was because I woke up near, what I now know to be, Lake Teutates, nothing was recognizable. I wandered west for a while before I learned where I was. I was in a place known as the Andrestian Empire. That was the major indication that something went wrong. Luckily, I was, more or less, forcibly adopted by the von Essar family. Especially when it turned out I had something called a Crest, one that was the same to their own families."

"I've read about them, gifts from the goddess. How," Severa paused, scrunching her face in confusion, "How did you get one?"

"I don't know," Leonard answered honestly, shaking his head. "I tried to figure out how in between the time I spent trying to find a way home."

"How long have you spent?"

Leonard paused for a moment, before "About 15 years. After that, I spent 5 wandering from place to place, trying to find some hint about returning home. I came back when I heard my sister had died. It was the worst, especially compounding with the fact that I had learned nothing about getting a way back home. I must admit, "Leonard looked at Severa, an almost broken looking smile on his face, "I almost broke. I loved her, dearly, I doted on her, and she would always love to hear the stories of the places I've been." He shuddered slightly, looking to the floor, "I left after that, started to work here, as a professor, as you clearly saw."

He didn't notice Severa reaching out slightly, before placing her hand back down. "But enough about that, I've had enough time to mourn." He looked back up at Severa, his voice growing stronger. "How did you find me?"

"We made a spell meant to track you. It took a lot, more than we expected, but understandable considering where you were. Most of the mages used to set it up were completely drained, but then after the initial start-up, a single mage could power it indefinitely."

"Really?" Leonard asked, straightening up in his seat. "Who is powering it?"

"Oh, it's," There was a moments pause, before Severa spoke again, "Actually, why don't you meet him for yourself."

"Oh, is he…?" Leonard cut himself off, as he heard a growing cacophony of crows cawing, in the background. "Wait, is that?"

He turned to look outside, to see the rooftops of Garreg Mach covered in crows. In the courtyard below a swarm of them circled a figure that he could barely make out. "Dad?" Then he noticed the guards that were circling his father. "I better go down before they try to stab him."

He hurried through the hall, Severa trailing behind him. "Captain Jeralt!" He called out, "Please, do not be too alarmed, I know this man. He has just dropped by for a, rather unexpected, visit."

"Hahahaha! Severa, did you find him, yet? Or am I going to have to search," came Henry's voice over the cawing, "Because if I do, I won't mind tweaking a few peoples' beaks! Haha!" Severa only gestured over to Leonard, who took a step forward.

The crows scattered, still hanging around the courtyard, but far enough away to reveal Henry, who stood in the center of that flurry of feathers. "I hope that you didn't think I would give you up as a lost caws now would you?" Henry asked, walking to stand in front of Leonard.

"No, I didn't, but, it'll take a bit," Leonard paused for a split second, turning slightly to look at Severa, "to get back into the wing of things." He had to perfect view as Severa's face turned a range of emotions, before finally settling on disgust. Henry meanwhile was bent at the waist, laughing.

Leonard smiled down at his father. "I missed you, Dad." He said softly, and the smile on Henry's face grew a bit wider and much more genuine.

About 1203 words. A stupid idea of an out of nowhere plot twist where, instead of sending us back in time, something happens and we end up in Fodlan, becoming Hanneman while trying to find our way back home. Hanneman's back story was edited slightly, (obviously) but I think I did quite well. What do you all think?
Very nice Omake! I can see Leonard growing up into Hanneman over the course of a long period of time. Considering Leonard doesn't have any knowledge of 3H, this is actually perfect (he only knows up to Awakening and Fates, since at the time I hadn't gotten the chance to play 3H). Also, the characterization of Severa and Henry was on the dot!

Last edited:
Voting will close in 8 hours. To be precise, September 11th, 7:00 PM, PT (Pacific Time).
Adhoc vote count started by KidFromPallet on Sep 10, 2019 at 3:12 PM, finished with 16 posts and 17 votes.

Last edited:
Vote Closed:
Rolling 2 1d50 to see who will attack first between Leonard and Kjelle.
1st Roll is Leonard, 2nd Roll is Kjelle.
Adhoc vote count started by ItzNarcotic on Sep 11, 2019 at 10:15 PM, finished with 23 posts and 21 votes.
ItzNarcotic threw 2 50-faced dice. Reason: First Attack Total: 77
43 43 34 34
ItzNarcotic threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Kjelle Dodge Roll Total: 89
89 89
ItzNarcotic threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Kjelle Dodge Roll Total: 6
6 6
ItzNarcotic threw 2 100-faced dice. Reason: Leonard Dodge Roll Total: 104
28 28 76 76
ItzNarcotic threw 2 100-faced dice. Reason: Kjelle Attack Roll Total: 88
8 8 80 80
ItzNarcotic threw 2 100-faced dice. Reason: Leonard Attack Roll Total: 141
48 48 93 93

Last edited:
Sadly, I wasn't able to finish current chapter tonight (currently 40-50% finished). It will be posted up once I wake up and add the finishing touches later today. Preferably, around afternoon (12 - 3 P.M Pacific Time).

Last edited:
7: Sparring & A Dark Lord

"Sure, we can spar," you answered plainly.

Upon thinking the proposal over, you accepted her request of sparring. Research could always be done at another time and there was nothing else that you considered pressing to do once you went back to your room, after all.

So, why not spar with her?

Kjelle was excited at your words, if her scrambling for training gear was any indication. On the other hand, while Sully did hold a vague sense of interest in your answer, she didn't seem to care too much about the fight in general.

Frederick, meanwhile...

"Young Leonard," Frederick glanced between you and the entrance to the enclosure with a worried expression, "You may want to reconsider accepting this spar. Kjelle is far too strong for you to face in a melee combat and while Sully may be understanding, Henry is certainly not. I don't dare think of what he shall do to whoever may harm you. Especially since she..."

He trailed off, unable to find words to say. You stood there, unwilling to back down in the face of a challenge. Even though Frederick was worried, you felt oddly confident.

Maybe it was your previous life experiences or maybe something completely different from that, but one thing was for certain...

Whether you won or lost, that didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was that you had complete and utter confidence in yourself.

Going over to a nearby bench, you took off your cloak and put it to the side in favor of the leather training armor. The armor weighed onto your body more than you expected, but it wasn't something that you couldn't get used to.

Looking over your shoulder, Kjelle was now in leather armor and holding a long wooden stick with a sharpened end.

Right, she's using a spear. I have no clue how to fight against someone with a spear, let alone in close quarters. Hmm, I should probably choose this then…

Lifting it with your hands, you examined the wooden sword. It was honestly more like two long sticks strapped together tightly with a piece of cloth than anything properly resembling a sword, but you assumed that's why it was called a training weapon anyway.

I don't know how to use any of these weapons, but I'd rather stick to the weapon that I generally know some things about. I don't even know how to grip a spear or swing an axe properly, anyways.

"Hey kid, ya ready?"

Sully and Frederick were both standing off to the side, mainly near the entrance to the inside of the castle. Turning your body to face Kjelle, you noticed something interesting.

She held the stick with her left hand only. Never did she grip it with her right hand, even when she fumbled her practice swings.

Is she left-handed? Or maybe she's used to using a shield with her right hand? Either way, I know a way I could beat her now.

"We will have multiple spars. The first to disarm your opponent of their practice weapon will be the victor of a single spar. Whoever wins two spars shall be declared the winner. Do you both agree to these terms?" Frederick explained.

You both agreed via a nod of your heads, though Kjelle's was far more subdued.

"In that case, I'll begin the countdown." Sully declared, looking down upon both you and Kjelle.

"Ten, nine, eight," You took a deep breath, gripped the hilt with both hands, and poised the sword towards her; The tip of the blade aimed at the setting sun.

"Seven, six, five," Kjelle twirled the spear a couple of times, as if it were natural for her.

She halted her movements, staring at you with an emotion that you could only know as complete and utter determination.

"Four, three, two," Your shoulders tensed up, the realization that you had never officially battled someone before slamming into you like a freight train.

Of course, you had 'fought' Severa several times before, though those sessions were more focused on avoiding with reactions than retaliating with actual attacks.

You didn't even want to know how much training Sully had already put Kjelle through. For all you knew, she could be a combat veteran of sorts, at least compared to those near her age.

Aka, you.

"One. Begin!"

Leonard Roll: 1d50 = 43 + 3(Trait - Confidence In Self) = 46!
Kjelle Roll: 1d50 = 34 + 5(Trait - Restless Determination) = 39!
Leonard wins the first attack roll! Leonard Victory For First Spar!

As soon as the horn sounds off, you both stared at each other for a tense moment. Your eyes met Kjelle's, greeted with some… hesitance?

Why the hell would she be hesitant? She should be charging me right now, beating my ass into the dirt!

"Hey, Kjelle! Kick his ass for me, yeah?" Sully hollered.

That bout of encouragement snapped Kjelle out of whatever fugue she was in. She stared you before silently nodding in acknowledgment. With a wooden spear in hand, she charged at you with a face only a seasoned warrior would produce.

Gods, she's going to impale me into the wall!

Slowly backing up as she approached, your mounting panic caused you to gaze over to her left hand. It wasn't gripping the spear as hard as it should've been.

I have an idea. A stupid and probably life-threatening idea, but an idea. I swear if this doesn't work and I look like a fool...

Your back hit the castle wall and you stood still, your fingers fidgeting every now and then. In a couple of seconds, the young knight reached you and attempted to thrust into your arm. Dodging with what you could only describe as pure luck, her spear was lodged into the wall.

Here's hoping I'm strong enough to do this...

As she tried to pull the sharpened stick free from the stone wall, you closed your eyes and put your weight into the next swing. With your weak and comparatively noodle-like arms, you swung the sword downwards, causing her to let go of the spear.

Steadying yourself, you readjusted your grip on the glorified stick in your hands before pointing the tip at her.

"Yield this first spar. You have no weapon to use."

She glared at you, fists up and ready to continue the fight. Wait, fists didn't count as practice weapons.

...Right?

"Enough, Kjelle. He wins this round." Sully interrupted, stepping between the both of you as the girl threw a fist. Then, she turned to face Kjelle with disappointment.

"Come on Kjelle. Don't let him bait you anymore, alright?" She lectured, before turning to you with a surprised expression.

"And you, I didn't think you had half the mind as to use a sword. Well, since your parents are both…"

The cavalier trailed off the same way Frederick did earlier, silent with an uncomfortable expression present on her face. She speechlessly shook her head, turning around and making her way to the barracks to get a new spear for Kjelle.

What is it with people trailing off before I can even get a hint as to who my mother is. Seriously, what the hell is with that? Can't I get a single hint?!? At all!?!

Pushing aside those thoughts for now, you glanced at your sparring partner for the night. Kjelle was staring at her new spear and taking her loss with... some mixture of pride and happiness?

What?

Why would she be happy after losing? Why are all the future children so weird?

You stopped that train of thought long before it could finish it's course. After all, you were now one of the future children as well. You couldn't really say anything about the others, no matter how odd or weird they were with their respective personality quirks.

Considering you were reincarnated, it wouldn't be too inaccurate to say that you were also part of the weirdness that formed the entirety of the Future Children.

"Hey Leo, you ready for round two?" Barely acknowledging Sully's words, you met Kjelle's eyes and was greeted with a sea of respect and excitement.

Oh boy.

"The second spar will begin soon."

Kjelle tensed up, a genuine smile on her face as she swing her spear around casually.

"Ready…" Sully began, her voice betraying her with excitement. To her left, Frederick was deep in thought. Though, you didn't think that he'd be worried about you anytime soon.

It was more likely that he was worried about Kjelle and her rising level of excitement.

Kjelle Rolls:
Attack Roll 1d100 = 8 + 5(Activatable Trait - A Knight's True Strength) + 5(Restless Determination) +4(32 STR) = 22!
Dodge Roll 1d100 = 89 + 3(26 SPD) - 25(Equipment - Heavy Armor) = 67! DC = 50
Leonard Rolls:
Attack Roll 1d100 = 48 + 3(Confidence In Self) = 51!
Dodge Roll 1d100 = 28 + 3(Confidence In Self) + 1(15 SPD)= 31! DC = 65
Kjelle Victory For Second Spar!

"Start!"

As soon as she declared the start of the next round, the both of you immediately charged at each other. You with the wooden sword gripped in both hands and Kjelle with her left hand gripped tightly onto the wooden spear.

With her greater reach, she initiated the first blow and stabbed at your torso with the sharp end. Dodging to the side, you attempted the same tactic as before. You swung the sword downwards, though not as hard as last time, with enough force to hopefully break the spear or knock it out of her grip.

Surprisingly, she dodged the swing by pivoting herself backward and instantly turned towards you. Lunging forward, she thrusted the spear forward, aiming at your leg.

A grim realization washed over you like cold water.

She's attempting to drop me onto the ground.

The distance between you two was unfortunately just enough for her to play keep away with the spear, slowly whittling at your stamina while not allowing you the opportunity for a counterattack.

Trying to move your legs out of the way, you pivoted backward as she continued her relentless assault of repeated jabs, thrusts, and swipes. With the chance to take a breather, you attempted to swing at her.

At a speed you couldn't fathom, she quickly knocked your sword out of your hand. Just as fast, she poised the pointed end of the spear close to your throat once you were weaponless.

"Yield. Now." You obliged, visibly nodding but also taking care to not move closer to the spear at your throat.

She lowered the spear down from your throat, letting out a satisfied hum as she went back to where she was standing before.

Kneeling down, you found the stick hidden amongst the grass and dirt. Picking it up and gripping it with both hands since more, you made your way back to your starting position.

"Third spar. This is the tiebreaker, so whoever wins this spar wins the whole thing in general. Alright?"

You nodded, focusing on Kjelle and her weapon. She does the same as you, nodding and staring at you with self-assurance as she twirled her spear.

She seems confident, probably from how she decimated me in the last spar.

"Ready? If so…"

Kjelle Rolls:
Attack Roll 1d100 = 80 + 5(A Knight's True Strength) + 5(Restless Determination) + 4(32 STR) = 94!
Dodge Roll 1d100 = 6 + 3(26 SPD) - 25(Heavy Armor) = -16 DC = 50

Leonard Rolls:
Attack Roll 1d100 = 93 + 3(Confidence In Self) = 96!
Dodge Roll 1d100 = 76 + 3(Confidence In Self) + 1(15 SPD) = 80! DC = 65
Leonard Victory For Third Spar. You have successfully defeated Kjelle in two spars!

"Begin!"

Kjelle immediately repeated the same strategy as before, lunging at you with a various amount of thrusts, jabs, and swipes.

This time, though, you were prepared for her to do so.

You moved from side to side, making use of the training you did with Severa to bob and weave between all of her attacks.

Suddenly, she stopped in place, deep in thought. At this, you also halted your movement cautiously, your legs ready to spring into action.

As if making up her mind, she leapt into the air and poised her spear towards you. The spear gained a bluish hue, accompanied by a blurry image of a moon glowing behind it.

If you weren't dreading just what would happen next, you could've admired the picturesque imagery for a bit longer.

"Luna!"

Oh gods, she has her attack skill already?!?

At a speed unseen to you, she threw the glowing spear in your direction. Without any prompting, you began running around like a headless chicken, endeavoring to not get skewered like a kebab.

Luckily for you, it didn't manage to hit or go anywhere near your body. The spear had dug itself into the ground, a small but noticeable divot around the impact area.

Unluckily for Kjelle, it was stuck into the ground—rooted in place. Of course, that meant that you had won, right?

"Uh, do I win this spar? I mean, you don't even have a weapon anymore…" You blurted out, confused about this turn of events.

"Ah, yes. I suppose you do still have your weapon…" Kjelle awkwardly chuckled, a sheepish expression on her face.

You laughed lightheartedly. "Don't sell yourself short. If you hadn't thrown your weapon and gotten it stuck, you would've won."

"Ah, c'mon Kjelle! I told you to not to use Luna yet. You aren't prepared to use it properly!" Sully cut in, turning to you with a scowl on her face.

"Man, I can't believe you won. Now I have to deal with these numbskull recruits for the next couple of weeks."

Grumbling, the cavalier walked off with Kjelle in tow towards the Barracks—presumably to store away the equipment brought out for the impromptu spar.

Frederick marched his way over, a pleasant and proud smile present. "Ah, Leonard. Give me the leather armor and the training sword so I can help store those away."

You obliged, removing the equipment and handing it over to him before putting on your white cloak. Once he disappeared into the depths of the castle, you decided to make your way back to your room.

Man, that was one hell of a first fight. That was for sure.

Wait a minute... How did I even win that?

First Fight Won!
You have won your first fight! To make it even more impressive, you managed to defeat Kjelle, the daughter of Sully (Crimson Cavalier) and ????? (??????? ?????) in two spars.
Due to the conclusion of this event, you have been rewarded with:
  • Gain increase +3 STR, SKL, and SPD.
  • Gain +10 points for Weapon Proficiency - Sword. Raised from Untrained 0/15 to Untrained 10/15.
  • Gained new Trait - Confidence In Self. For some reason or another, you will always be confident in a battle. Even in a tense and devastating confrontation, you will be confident in yourself. With this trait, gain +3 to all battle rolls.
  • Gained C-Rank 20/30 Support with Kjelle, due to defeating her in two spars.

On your way to the Mess Hall, the sound of laughter, frantic footsteps, and pure unadulterated chaos echoed throughout the halls you were walking through.

Can't I just have a normal start to my day? I'm hungry, damn it.

Grumbling to yourself, you just about knew that something weird was going to happen. Unsurprisingly, you were correct.

Wind billowed around you, hitting the underside of your cloak and making it float upwards without any resistance. Strange, considering that you hadn't opened or seen any windows that were open.

Turning around, you were greeted with the sight of a brunette girl with pigtails atop of a pegasus.

"Hey, wanna join in on some fun?" She asked with a smile, her voice down to a whisper.

Looking behind the flying horse, a horde of maids covered in various colors of paint were marching forward in your direction. At the front, a blue-haired girl held point at the forefront—like a king or queen directing an approaching army.

Wait, if that's Lucina, then this should be…

"Hey, is your name Cynthia?" The girl nodded excitedly, gesturing for you to go and sit behind her.

Well, this should be pretty fun just from the sheer and utter hilarity of the situation alone. ...I can eat later anyway.

You nodded, the previous excitement she held now pure happiness. Without much difficulty, you climbed your way up and onto the pegasus, the saddle far too big for two children alone to mount.

The footsteps approaching from behind halted, stopping a few paces away from where the both of you were. With swiftness, Cynthia turned the pegasus to face the horde.

Lucina was at the forefront, with the maids–who you just noticed were rather bemused than annoyed–who stood behind her in faux anger.

The bluenette glared down the brunette with a frown. "Cynthia, Princess of The Four-Legged Beast. You shall face crimes and jail time for the maids you have embarrassed on this day! These maids were simply working hard for the kingdom until you barged in and ruined everything! What shall you say for yourself?"

Although you couldn't see Cynthia's face, her giggling and uncontrollable chuckles were as clear as day.

"You dare challenge me? When I have just obtained my ultimate asset for my army! How foolish of you to assume that I would fall so easily in the face of victory, Lucina!" She exclaimed dramatically.

Lucina continued to awkwardly glare at her, silent and unmoved. Cynthia side eyed you and sighed audibly, before gesturing in your direction.

Showtime.

Clearing your throat, you stared down the confused princess. With an imperious tone, you said, "Greetings, mortals of this kingdom. You may not know of me, but I am intimately familiar with your people."

Your gaze fell upon the horde behind Lucina. "As I speak, the curse I laid upon this very foundation will seep itself into your mind. Your very own life energy will be absorbed into my soul," you raised a fist into the air, magical energy crackling at your fingertips, "now, fall."

A maniacal laugh left your lips accompanied by an equally insane grin forming on your face. Bodies upon bodies fell onto the floor as Lucina stared at them all in shock.

"Yes," you said dramatically, "fall before my all-encompassing power! Despair before the culminations of a true villain!"

Man, the amount of shenanigans these two get up to in order for these maids to instantly double up and act as movie extras must be insane.

The bluenette's fist clenched in rage and in an instant the princess unsheathed the Falchion.

"Princess Cynthia, please cease this insane endeavor. Or I may have to use force." She said, pointing the tip of the royal heirloom at the both of you.

Cynthia sent you a worried look, "Can you give me and my, uh, ultimate asset some time to converse about our options?"

Lucina nodded sternly, sheathing the Falchion. With regality, she began to help the "drained of life eenrgy" maids onto their feet.

Cynthia turned to you, a grateful smile on her face. "Thanks for playing along with me. Luci was a little sad earlier, so I decided to do something to try and get her mind off things," she glanced at Lucina, who was tapping her foot impatiently, "Also, we might want to 'surrender' before anything bad happens."

"Don't worry, I had fun too," You replied with a thumbs up.

Cynthia giggled. "At least I wasn't the only one." She turned to face Lucina, who finished helping all of the maids gather their bearings.

"Will you surrender? Or will you fight to your imminent demise?" The bluenette said, sending both of a scrutinizing gaze.

A shiver ran down your spine at her glare as you rubbed your hands together for comfort.

Why does Lucina keep staring at me? I haven't done anything… besides make a couple of maids collapse from "draining their life energy".

"You!" A finger was pointed at you. "What do you say in the face of these crimes? You believe you can drain the life energy of these maids, Sir… wait, what is your name?" Lucina asked.

Right, neither of them did ask for your name...

"My name is Leonard the Sorcerer! The one who shall destroy this kingdom and everything it stands in the name of the one whom I have pledged my allegiance to!" You declared dramatically.

Lucina silently stared at you. "Very well, Sorcerer. Can one of you maids please bring him to the dungeon? I need to talk to my sister."

A maid hoisted you off of the pegasus and she dragged you away from the two soon-to-be bickering siblings. "Follow me, I'll bring you to the Mess Hall."

Vaguely, you heard the voice of Cynthia as she yelled, "Thanks for playing along with me and being a great villain, Leonard!"

You didn't get a chance to respond as you left the room.

At least I can eat breakfast now. That was so worth it though.

Character Met - Cynthia
The second most enthusiastic Future Child. Cynthia is the sister of Lucina and daughter of Chrom (Current Lord of Ylisse) and Sumia (Her Highness). She is easily excitable, willing to try and cheer up her friends if they are feeling down.
Due to the conclusion of this encounter, you have gained C-Rank 10/30 Support with Cynthia.

Character Met - Lucina
The first child of Chrom and Sumia and future leader of the Future Children. The sister of Cynthia. Lucina is young yet following in her father's footsteps to become a leader. She is also able to wield Falchion due to the blood of Naga in her veins. She is stern, yet easily gullible due to her birth being a secret to the people.
Due to the conclusion of this encounter, you have gained C-Rank 0/30 Support with Lucina.

Skill Increased - Acting
Acting has gained +15 skill points, going from Novice - 10/30 to Novice - 25/30

Soon enough, the year passed by without much else to comment on. With the passing of another year, of course, meant another birthday. And currently, you were in the castle courtyard, celebrating your Eighth Birthday.

Severa was sitting with her mother, excitedly talking about something. Yarne and Kjelle were talking about physical training, whatever that entails. Turning your head, you saw Cynthia waving at you, while Lucina was sitting down next to her. Besides the fact that she looks mopey, she also looked really uncomfortable.

You also saw many other people here as well, some children you didn't even know, at least on a personal level. A majority of them were extremely familiar, yet you just couldn't tell for certain unless you happened to get a closer look.

With that in mind, you decided to speak with…
Pick as many options as you'd like. The three most voted for options will win.
[][Birthday Guests] Severa and Cordelia. You haven't been able to sit down and just talk with Severa in a while, anyways.
[][Birthday Guests] Yarne and Kjelle. Hopefully, you can join in their conversation about fitness.
[][Birthday Guests] Cynthia and Lucina. Lucina seems down and Cynthia is failing to cheer her up, so why don't you try to help out?
[][Birthday Guests] The pink-haired boy kneeling next to a wyvern. He seems lonely, you might want to talk to him.
[][Birthday Guests] The grey-haired boy being lectured by his pink-haired mother.
[][Birthday Guests] The blonde-haired boy sitting next to his blonde-haired mother and his brown-haired father. He seems… excited? Yeah, excited is probably the correct word.
[][Birthday Guests] The brown-haired girl sitting next to a green-haired girl of similar age. They both have really pointy ears.
[][Birthday Guests] The orange-haired boy is conversing with his orange-haired mother. They are both wearing glasses, which you didn't think they had in this era.
[][Birthday Guests] The black-haired girl. She seems timid and shy, so maybe you should talk to her?

Votes for the next chapter:
  • Birthday Guests

Note from QM:

This took way longer than it should have taken, but at least I finished it. This chapter will be where you either raise support ranks or gain support ranks, whichever one you want.

Also, you are currently Seven years old, with this being your Eighth Birthday. After this chapter I will update all informational things, so when the next training chapter starts everything will be up to date.

EDIT: 10/7/22, fixed past/present tense issues and (hopefully) made the chapter easier to digest overall.

Last edited:
[X][Birthday Guests] Cynthia and Lucina. Lucina seems down and Cynthia is failing to cheer her up, so why don't you try to help out?
[X][Birthday Guests] Severa and Cordelia. You haven't been able to sit down and just talk with Severa in a while, anyways.
[X][Birthday Guests] The black-haired girl. She seems timid and shy, so maybe you should talk to her?

I'm pretty sure the black-haired girl is Noire, can't wait for the dice roll to see her change personality if that has happened already.

[X][Birthday Guests] Cynthia and Lucina. Lucina seems down and Cynthia is failing to cheer her up, so why don't you try to help out?
[X][Birthday Guests] Severa and Cordelia. You haven't been able to sit down and just talk with Severa in a while, anyways.
[X][Birthday Guests] The black-haired girl. She seems timid and shy, so maybe you should talk to her?

[X][Birthday Guests] The blonde-haired boy sitting next to his blonde-haired mother and his brown-haired father. He seems… excited? Yeah, excited is probably the correct word.
[X][Birthday Guests] The pink-haired boy kneeling next to a wyvern. He seems lonely, you might want to talk to him.

As I really don't know much Fire Emblem, let alone within Awakening in particular, does anyone want to make predictions on what unknown characters are who?

[x][Birthday Guests] Severa and Cordelia. You haven't been able to sit down and just talk with Severa in a while, anyways.
[x][Birthday Guests] The brown-haired girl sitting next to a green-haired girl of similar age. They both have really pointy ears.
[x][Birthday Guests] The black-haired girl. She seems timid and shy, so maybe you should talk to her?

It's been a while since I've played awakening but these are my thoughts on the unnamed kids.

Mystery Kid #1 - boy with the pink hair by the wyvern is probably Gerome, son of Cherche. The wyvern is the biggest clue there as he and his mom are known for their wyverns and he was supposed to be shy as a kid.

Mystery Kid#2 - Guessing this one is probably Inigo, mainly based off the pink-haired mom. I think he was supposed to be a shy kid but at one point he received some advice about how to be more confident that made him grow into an adult that flirted with every woman he saw.

Mystery Kid#3 - blonde-haired boy, seems excited. Sounds like Owain, Owain is a very dramatic person, his mom is Lissa the younger sister to Chrom, that makes him Lucina's cousin.

Mystery Kid#4 - brown-haired girl is most likely Nah, if the green-haired girl is Nowi. Nowi looks like a kid herself but is supposed to be over a thousand years old. The reason for that is Nowi and Nah are both manaketes, which are basically people that can turn into dragons, usually with pointed ears and a longer life span.

Mystery Kid#5 - Sounds like Laurent and Miriel based on the hair and glasses. They are both pretty studious mage types as far as I can remember.

Mystery Kid#6 - Sounds like Noire to me. Noire is the daugther of Tharja, a dark mage from Plegia. Noire grows up to have a fair amount of issues from her mom's parenting. Interesting that she doesn't have a parent with her.

I think the only future kids that we haven't meet or that I haven't listed are the potential Morgan(s) (could be two if there are two Robins) and Brady (son of Maribelle).

Hmm is Tharja our mother? Sounds like we are the son of two dark mages. If not the only other dark mage that's not the fem (mc). Plus we have a sister right?

Severa is a necessity. Plus, I find her, especially with Leonard, pretty enjoyable (at times). It'd be wrong not to hang out with Leo's best friend at his birthday party.

The princesses would be good, and fun, to make friends with. Plus, Luci seems like she would enjoy someone giving her some company and letting her not feel so out of place.

While I would love to meet Nah, I think Noire would be better. Also, it'd be pretty funny if Inigo and Leonard develop a (one-sided?) rivalry because of all the female friends Leo has, or something like that.

(I also just don't really like Gerome or Brady, so I'm interested in other kids).

Back