Avatar: The Last Dicebender (A:TLA/A:LOK Quest)

[X] Plan I Reserve The Right To Change My Mind At Any Time
-[X] Siph
-[X] Roku
-[X] Bending
--[X] Airbending
--[X] Waterbending x2
-[X] Meditation
--[X] Chakra Control
-[X] (Mid-Term) Learn another style of Bending than Earthbending. (+6,000 XP, +8CP.)
-[X] (Short-Term) Get better at meditation. (+300 XP, +1CP.)
-[X] (Short-Term) Teach Hue-Sar how to fit into society. (+600 XP, +1CP.)
-[X] (Short-Term) Get Hue-Sar to like you as a friend. (+500 XP, +1CP.)
-[X] (-1 CP.) You learn to cook and make tea.
-[X] (-3 CP.) You find a book filled to the brim with proverbs. (May only be taken once.)

This looks good, particularly because we're not trying to get Siph to come with us.
Note I JUST changed Siph's option to Hue-Sar due to @emberwing insistance.
Adhoc vote count started by DarkKing98 on Mar 14, 2018 at 7:55 PM, finished with 1427 posts and 8 votes.

• [X] Plan I Reserve The Right To Change My Mind At Any Time
    -[X] Hue-Sar
    -[X] Roku
    -[X] Bending.
    --[X] Airbending
    --[X] Waterbending x2
    -[X] Meditation
    --[X] Chakra Control
    -[X] (Mid-Term) Learn another style of Bending than Earthbending. (+6,000 XP, +8CP.)
    -[X] (-3 CP.) You find a book filled to the brim with proverbs. (May only be taken once.)
    [X] Plan Knowledgeable and Spiritual
    -[X] Mom.
    -[X] Dad.
    -[X] Bending.
    --[X] Earthbending. x2
    -[X] Healing, weaving, and spirituality lessons with your mom.
    -[X] Geography, culture and history lessons with your dad.
    -[X] (Short-Term) Convince Siph to come with you. (+500 XP. Note: Morally ambiguous/selfish.)
    -[X] (Short-Term) Convince Hue-Sar to come with you. (+50 XP. Note: Easy.)
    -[X] (-1 CP.) +2 Wisdom.
    -[X] (-1 CP.) +2 Charisma.
    -[X] (-6 CP.) During a walk through the desert, you find a dying man and take him to the village. (May only be taken once.)
    [X] Getting ready
    -[X] Mom.
    -[X] Dad.
    -[X] Bending.
    --[X] Earthbending. x2
    --[X] Firebending. x2
    -[X] (Short-Term) Convince Siph to come with you. (+500 XP. Note: Morally ambiguous/selfish.)

to help prove were the avatar by being able to bend another element succesfully without luck
Water is a better way to go for that, since we already got a start, and it's easier thanks to our experience with Sand.

Also, we can make splashs and sparks. That's kinda enough to prove it. What's more, we Hue-Sar.

Spends time with our parents, both socially and training, who we are about to be forced to leave for who knows how long. Also, doesn't waste time training in an element who we don't got a teacher in.

Water is a better way to go for that, since we already got a start, and it's easier thanks to our experience with Sand.

Also, we can make splashs and sparks. That's kinda enough to prove it. What's more, we Hue-Sar.

Spends time with our parents, both socially and training, who we are about to be forced to leave for who knows how long. Also, doesn't waste time training in an element who we don't got a teacher in.
but air bending and water bending will level up next training, combine that with the midterm goal of learning a different bending style (for 8cp) and we'll get more out of this session.
also i personally don't really like the idea of trying to get our sister to come with us.
and lastly there is a chance that we won't be taken away.
point i was trying to make, any chance i can get you to vote for "[X] Plan I Reserve The Right To Change My Mind At Any Time"

Last edited:
but air bending and water bending will level up next training, combine that with the midterm goal of learning a different bending style (for 8cp) and we'll get more out of this session.
also i personally don't really like the idea of trying to get our sister to come with us.
and lastly there is a chance that we won't be taken away.
point i was trying to make, any chance i can get you to vote for "[X] Plan I Reserve The Right To Change My Mind At Any Time"
Probably not. For while we'd be completing that goal, I disagree with the rest of the plan. I want to spend time with our Parents, both in Social and Training. And what training isn't done with them, I think should be done on Earthbending, since it's the only one with which we got a teacher, and it gives us a chance of beating our Sister before we probably leave. I'd be willing to give up on trying to convince our sister, but I just don't like that plan in general.

Also, there's a chance we won't be taken, but we gain nothing by acting like we won't be taken away, and we have much to lose out on.

Probably not. For while we'd be completing that goal, I disagree with the rest of the plan. I want to spend time with our Parents, both in Social and Training. And what training isn't done with them, I think should be done on Earthbending, since it's the only one with which we got a teacher, and it gives us a chance of beating our Sister before we probably leave. I'd be willing to give up on trying to convince our sister, but I just don't like that plan in general.

Also, there's a chance we won't be taken, but we gain nothing by acting like we won't be taken away, and we have much to lose out on.
i'm currently writing an omake for the shirshu,if that works he might change the roku interaction with either his dad or his mom.

Shirshu Training With Roku, Makiw, and Tie
oke, so here is a little something I wrote, I haven't checked it for mistakes so if you notice anything tell me.

I looked up the wiki on information regarding the Shirshus but added some things of my own as well, I had to guess their weight and settled on them weighing more than a tiger but less than a rhinoceros as it is noticed that they are extremely agile for their size and impressive weight,

I also gave them some rudimentary earth bending abilities, as a way to explain how they can survive and hunt very well in the desert, it also gives them and additional way to sense where things are much like the blind giant moles that taught taff. it's also noted in the wiki that they are great diggers so it probably helps with that too.

I also had to figure out a reason for the tribe not to have tame shirshus, as canonically shirshu spit is used in blow darts and I figured that a sad accident that ended up with the village breeder would work with that explanation.

The last change I made would be the coagulant (and somewhat disinfectant) properties the spit has, this isn't confirmed to be cannon but it makes sense to me as you wouldn't want the prey to die from it's wounds if you went through the trouble of paralysing it, it would also help as many creatures lick their wounds for just that reason.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shirshu training with Roku, Makiw and Tié.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today Makiw was going to help his son train the young orphaned shirshu Tié had rescued, as he walked across the bender hardened sandstone path he found himself pondering on his son's oddness.

It didn't matter that much to him of course, Tié was his son after all and he would love him no matter what. But he had to admit that Tié was always somewhat of an off child, he didn't really fit in with everyone like most kids did.

At first Makiw thought it was simply due to Tié being the son of the chief and a bender, it's hard to fit in when you come from a respected position and making friends can be hard when you are the odd one out.

But in all honesty that wasn't the only thing, for one Tié was a prodigious bender, bending sand better than most if not all children at his age. Yet despite his martial talent he wasn't as violent as you'd expect from someone with the ability to manipulate and control the very surroundings in the desert, the kid seemed to disliking causing excessive pain for no reason.

Hell, when he first learnt how to hunt he had gone through with it but with the sort of grim determination that showed he only did it due to its necessity for life in the desert.

He wasn't a pacifist by any stretch of the word, the playground fights and squabbling with his older sister had shown that clear enough, but he had never cared much for senseless violence or killing, preferring his kills to be as swift and painless for the creature as possible.

Yet Tié certainly took the cake by saving a wild shirshu cub and bringing it home.

Shirhus are one of the more dangerous species out there, with sharp claws and teeth able to tear a man in half with barely any resistance, the ability to catch, always remember and distinguish scents that are kilometers away with a nose so developed it practically allows them to see, small earth bending abilities to strengthen where they walk allowing them to run through the dunes uninhibited by the sand at speeds rivalling sand-sliders as well as increased awareness through seismic sensing and finally their infamous skin contact neurotoxin that they apply through their whip-like tongues .

Shirshus are naturally hated by many sand tribesmen, as being caught and eaten by one is a slow and painful death, as they'll paralyse you and then drag you to their nest to either eat you slowly themselves or feed their cubs.

The elders reactions could have been worse, but then most predators in the desert can result in a painfully slow death and that shouldn't surprise anyone, giant sand worms will devour you whole and you'll live until you are digested (or if you are lucky, saved by whomever kills the worm and slices in open before that happens), vulture wasps while mostly scavengers will mercilessly attack and kill anything in sight if their hive feels threatened and many more other deadly threats roam the desert.

There are other sand tribes that tame them and use their spit in blow darts, sadly our last shirshu breeder died over two decades ago in a tragic accident involving the birthing of a new litter. Some idiot merchant came with pots of perfume and had dropped them accidentally spraying the area with pungent smells, the smells confused and scared the mother into attacking the breeder and when seven hundred kilograms of shirshu crashes into you…well let's just say it isn't pretty.

Makiw sighed as he made his way to the shaded sandstone stable he'd reopened for the shade and shelter it provided the shirshu, inside he was treated to a sight that made his heart skip a beat.

Roku was on top of a paralysed Tié licking Tié's knee, Makiw had to keep himself from summoning a sandstorm that would rip the flesh of off the creature's bones as his protective instincts flared.

Calming himself with his old techniques he made a small nearly unnoticeable layer of sand cover his skin, that way if the young shirshu tried to lick him he could expel the sand and stop the tongue even if it would undoubtedly hurt the creature.

Luckily Roku didn't seem to be acting violently yet and the licking honestly just seemed to be some kind of cleaning action as the cub seemed to be licking a scrape on Tié's leg that was bleeding.

That was either good or bad, on the one hand cub seemed to be caring for his injured son and the paralytic saliva seemed to have some kind of coagulant effect on the wound, on the other hand the small beast now had a taste of Tié and Makiw wasn't looking forward to seeing his son on the dinner plate for any creature, no matter how fluffy the beast was.

Still, he knew that when dealing with the animals you had to be confident and keep your voice clear, if you come across as stressed it will come across to the animal and in turn make it worry as well, add to that the fact that the shirsu's nose was rather sensitive it would notice if anything was off.

"Roku, come here." Makiw clearly stated whilst pointing next to him, his tone firm yet calm without letting any anger or worry seep into his voice.

And the weight that was on his shoulders evaporated as the cub carefully got off of Tié and bounded to where Makiw was pointing, he put a hand into his satchel gave Roku one of the small treats he had collected for training and then lead him to refill his bowl of water.

Leaving the drinking predator to itself for a moment, Makiw went over to check on his son who was somewhat surprisingly already regaining the movement of his muscles and trying to get up.

"Well, if anything good came from this experience it's that you seem to be gaining somewhat of a resistance against the paralysing agent." Makiw grimly remarked as he helped his son up to take a good look at the wound.

"Hh-uh, h-he du-duh didn-n'ttt muhean it, he wu-waz zuh juh-just tryih, tryinngh t-to helup me." Tié got out slowly regaining the use of his vocal chords.

"Yes well, we are going to have to teach him not to do that as having a lick-friendly shirshu isn't the best thing to have" mikav paused, his son wasn't wrong of course but if his shirshu learned that helping people like that was acceptable without a command it would doubtlessly get his son into trouble, he sighed once more as he started thinking about a basic training schedule that would work.

Having decided what to focus on he turned to his son, "oh well, you should be able to move in a bit, we'll start off with some theory whilst you are recuperating and then get to teach Roku how to behave in public, well that and start training him to lick only on command." And started his lesson on how to discipline and treat his shirshu, he stressed the fact that the training should be done respectfully to the animal, as they were deviously intelligent and could get offended if you looked down on them.

Last edited:
by the way @Birdsie do training points jump over to the next level, because if so, we got 18 training points on level 3 and then an aditional 8 which got us to level 4 with six remaining points, wouldn't that mean we should be at 6 training points out of 25.

This was meant to be serious but it turned into a bad joke... I'm putting it up anyway and I'll let birdsie decide what to do with it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A different perspective.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His day had started out well enough Tié pondered as he lay on the ground, he'd woken up gone through his morning routine and finished a little bit early in order to quickly check up on Roku before his dad would start the lesson.

Looking back, he realised that perhaps he'd been a bit too excited in his fervour to raise the fluffball as he tripped and fell during the run towards the recently refurbished stables.

Truly, time spent reflecting had granted him vastly a different perspective on life… especially when that perspective was the furry behind of his friend.

He hadn't noticed the small bleeding gash on his leg as he got up and had assumed that the scratching was just Roku, eager to get out.

Yet as he opened the sandstone door to the stable he was Immediately rushed by his fluffy companion who had apparently smelled his injury and was worried about him.

As such something he thought he had trained the cub off happened again, he got licked by the affectionate and worried animal.

luckily Tié was able to sand bend the ground into being a bit softer before crashing down and being mounted in reverse by Roku.

Yes, hindsight truly is the doorway to enlightenment, understanding and improvement…

'Please, please… whatever deities may be out there Roku please don't fart.' Tié desperately thought as Roku was shimmying on top of him.

"Ruk'ruh, gurrufgth muh" he mumbled as Roku seemed to be shaking his but in some sort of odd dance.

Sadly, the young Shirshu apparently wasn't in the mood to comply or more likely couldn't understand what his currently paralysed friend said and as such his master's wishes were ignored and Roku continued to gently apply more of his saliva to Tié's wound.

For a short while Tié convinced himself that everything would be fine, that his prayers had been answered, sadly the light exercise was apparently enough for the shirshu's digestive track to start working again. Tié's nightmare came to pass as Roku did indeed start farting.

too paralysed to properly react Tié despaired and resolved to change Roku's diet into something more palatable for his nose. Deciding that the lessons his father gave him on the proper diet for his pet were indeed important, he once more gathered his resolve into waiting for his dad to come save him from the flatulent torturer that Roku was.

Though it was likely less than 10 minutes it felt like an eternity and Tié gained a new appreciation for hygiene and said dietary planning.

Once more lamenting his decision to rush towards something he apparently wasn't prepared for instead of simply waiting for his father, he heard the sound of his saviour coming in, sadly Tié's happiness of being found lasted less than ten seconds.

'Oh crap, I can only imagine how bad this looks from the outside, what if dad attacks?' what was worse, was that tié was able to vaguely sense his father bending sand over his body preparing for something.

And at that moment Tié started to panic a little as his dad was certainly a powerful bender even if her rarely fought anymore.

"Roku, come here." The stress started to ramp up as he heard his father's voice, as such he started mentally chanting for Roku to listen to his father.

Luckily Roku listened to Makiw and got off Tié, after which his father apparently fed him a treat and refilled his water bowl.

"Well, if anything good came from this experience it's that you seem to be gaining somewhat of a resistance against the paralysing agent." Makiw told him as Tié tried to get up.

Looking up at his father's face he could see remnants of the cold rage he'd grown used to.

"Hh-uh, h-he du-duh didn-n'ttt muhean it, he wu-waz zuh juh-just tryih, tryinngh t-to helup me." Tié got out as he found his voice chords starting to go back to normal.

Tié calmed down somewhat as he noticed the softening of Makiw's eyes.

"Yes well, we are going to have to teach him not to do that as having a lick-friendly shirshu isn't the best thing to have." Tié felt like sighing in relief as he realised his father wasn't going to take Roku away.

"oh well, you should be able to move in a bit, we'll start off with some theory whilst you are recuperating and then get to teach Roku how to behave in public, well that and start training him to lick only on command." And with that Tié started focusing on what his father was teaching him again as he started to realise that this was going to be one of those experiences that are quite funny looking back… he shuddered for a second as the memories of the last ten minutes resurfaced.

[X] Plan I Reserve The Right To Change My Mind At Any time

I bet the White Lotus have been going from one city to another for 8 whole years. I bet we gave them a run for their money at hiding for so long.

Question: Would they bother with us if they found about us if we were in our 20's to 30's with a wife and children living in Republic City?

Last edited:
+3 CP for both omake altogether. The resistance to shirshu agent is Canon now.
thanks, i seriously wanted that resistance, there is something about owning such an extremely poisonous animal that just tells me; "make sure it won't bite you in the ass."
... i'l stop with the 8-year old butt jokes now.

[X] Plan I Reserve The Right To Change My Mind At Any Time
sooooooo, whilst i hate being that guy who keeps bothering you to change your plan, we now have three more cp and that means that we can get both the dying man and two doses of that extra dex...
also we might want to change the roku action to one of the parents or silph, considering that we're probably going to be taken away from them.

Last edited:
sooooooo, whilst i hate being that guy who keeps bothering you to change your plan, we now have three more cp and that means that we can get both the dying man and two doses of that extra dex...
also we might want to change the roku action to one of the parents or silph, considering that we're probably going to be taken away from them.
Worry not. Doesn't annoy me. Not too confident on extra points in Dex now. But I did change plan to hang with Siph and find the dying guy.

Why Siph? Cuz she's best big sister and because I'm pissed at our parents.
Adhoc vote count started by DarkKing98 on Mar 15, 2018 at 5:33 AM, finished with 1441 posts and 10 votes.

-[X] Hue-Sar
    -[X] Siph
    -[X] Bending.
    --[X] Airbending
    --[X] Waterbending x2
    -[X] Meditation
    --[X] Chakra Control
    -[X] (-6 CP.) During a walk through the desert, you find a dying man and take him to the village. (May only be taken once.)
    -[X] Mom.
    -[X] Dad.
    -[X] Bending.
    --[X] Earthbending. x2
    -[X] (-1 CP.) +2 Wisdom.
    [X] Getting ready
    -[X] Mom.
    -[X] Dad.
    -[X] Bending.
    --[X] Earthbending. x2
    --[X] Firebending. x2
    [X] Plan I Reserve The Right To Change My Mind At Any

Adhoc vote count started by DarkKing98 on Mar 15, 2018 at 5:34 AM, finished with 1441 posts and 10 votes.

-[X] Hue-Sar
    -[X] Siph
    -[X] Bending.
    --[X] Airbending
    --[X] Waterbending x2
    -[X] Meditation
    --[X] Chakra Control
    -[X] Mom.
    -[X] Dad.
    -[X] Bending.
    --[X] Earthbending. x2
    -[X] (-1 CP.) +2 Wisdom.
    [X] Getting ready
    -[X] Mom.
    -[X] Dad.
    -[X] Bending.
    --[X] Earthbending. x2
    --[X] Firebending. x2
    [X] Plan I Reserve The Right To Change My Mind At Any

Worry not. Doesn't annoy me. Not too confident on extra points in Dex now. But I did change plan to hang with Siph and find the dying guy.

Why Siph? Cuz she's best big sister and because I'm pissed at our parents.
Stop changing the plan without asking if the people voting for it are ok with the changes.

Especially when they're probably asleep.

I don't care what the plan name is, that doesn't give you free reign to do so.

Yes, I'm aware I was guilty of that a few votes ago, I'm sorry about that and shouldn't have done it.

Last edited:
Stop changing the plan without asking if the people voting for it are ok with the changes.

Especially when they're probably asleep.

I don't care what the plan name is, that doesn't give you free reign to do so.

Yes, I'm aware I was guilty of that a few votes ago, I'm sorry about that and shouldn't have done it.
Sorry. Just woke up. Knew I was forgetting SOMETHING. Let me @ everyone and I'll ask.

@Aigloss @jonasquinn @williams1996

Are all four of you ok with changing the plan to wing's idea for the social and new CP event?

Last edited:
Back