Avatar: The Last Dicebender (A:TLA/A:LOK Quest)

Please don't start our own group and try to take out the queen. We have nobody in place to take over so, just like when Zaheer did it, it'll lead to mass chaos and the rise of authoritarianism via the means of some conquering warlord or several. I imagine we're a little early for Kuvira, but the same conditions that made her rise to power will make others rise as well.

Seven, eighth birthday incoming.
Cool, thanks for the info.

I'm going to tentatively switch to:
[X] Plan Kyoshi can do it, Tié can too!

because I prefer sandbender militia over police office. Although I really would like it if, in the future, we gave Tié more of a chance to be a kid. Especially considering that he is still only seven.
Please don't start our own group and try to take out the queen. We have nobody in place to take over so, just like when Zaheer did it, it'll lead to mass chaos and the rise of authoritarianism via the means of some conquering warlord or several. I imagine we're a little early for Kuvira, but the same conditions that made her rise to power will make others rise as well.
Like I said, just because there are some proponents of a rebellion in the thread, it doesn't mean that that's what will happen. Militias don't form with the objective of overthrowing the state, they form to defend their land, which, in our case, would probably be most of the desert. We don't necessarily have to go the rebellion route, should the militia idea win out.

Last edited:
Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by Trondason on Feb 27, 2018 at 7:12 PM, finished with 332 posts and 30 votes.

• [X] Plan Officer in Training
    -[X] You want to be a police officer in Republic City. (Ambition. +15,000 XP, +10 Chi Points.)
    -[X] Agree to go, but only to keep an eye on them.
    -[X] Siph
    -[X] Bending
    -[X]Physical exercise.
    [x] Plan Kyoshi can do it, Tié can too!
    - [x] (Bending Prodigy) Why limit yourself? Organize a sandbender militia, which you will be the leader of. (Ambition. +7,500 XP, +7 Chi Points.)
    - [x] Disagree, but follow them to help the creatures get away.
    - [X] Dad.
    - [X] Bending.
    - [X] Physical exercise.
    [X] Readying for a Journey
    [X] Plan Officer in Physical Training
    [X] You want to be a police officerin Republic City. (Ambition. +15,000 XP, +10 Chi Points.)
    [X] Sure
    [X] Dad.
    [X] Bending.
    [X] Physical exercise.
    [X] Readying for a Journey
    -[X] (Son of A Witch!) Fighting, overall, doesn't interest you. How about achieving nirvana, or whatever it's called? (Ambition. +7,500 XP, +20 Chi Points.)
    -[X] Disagree, but follow them to help the creatures get away.
    -[X] Mom.
    -[X] Bending
    -[X] Meditation
    [X] PLan Traveler
    - [X] Neither. Upon further thought,you wish to see the world and meet different people, like your father did.
    - [X] "No, thanks."
    - [X] Dad.
    - [X] Bending.
    - [X] Physical exercise.

[X] Plan Officer in Training
-[X] You want to be a police officer in Republic City. (Ambition. +15,000 XP, +10 Chi Points.)
-[X] Agree to go, but only to keep an eye on them.
-[X] Siph
-[X] Bending
-[X]Physical exercise.

I do not want to be a police officer but...

Son of a Witch: +10 to Spirituality. You know you're the Avatar from start.
Oh neat, I like the image of Tie being completely unsurprised when the White Lotus find us and try to inform us like we don't know :D

Spiritual Prodigy: +10 to all rolls applicable to spiritual actions, such as meditation, entering the spirit world, or controlling the Avatar State.
Sweet, it never occurred to me that Spirit Prodigy would apply to controlling the Avatar State :)

Oh neat, I like the image of Tie being completely unsurprised when the White Lotus find us and try to inform us like we don't know :D
Thing is, the White Lotus don't have any way of knowing besides putting us through tests, and even then it's only confirmed when we bend a second element. So, we could easily just trick them, if we don't really feel like going the White Lotus route.

Thing is, the White Lotus don't have any way of knowing besides putting us through tests, and even then it's only confirmed when we bend a second element. So, we could easily just trick them, if we don't really feel like going the White Lotus route.
Oh right, forgot about that.

There are also the Avatar temples that activate when we go into the Avatar state. I think it's the third episode in the original series when Aang finds out about the air nomads. He goes into the Avatar state and all the statues of former Avatars start glowing. It's how the Fire Lord learned the Avatar was back.

Granted, that won't nail down our location, but it will tell when we are active.

Back