An Azure Dream (BlazBlue) - OOC and Sign-Ups (Closed)

Hmm...

I'd say that would work, but since the Drive's ability is vital to Awa maintaining stability, odds are disrupting her Drive causes her body to gradually become more and more unstable as her Drive's ability to prevent herself from blowing up weakens, and her Regen is forced to pick up the slack until it can't keep up anymore.

Apologies for the Double Post, but the edits are finished. Have look at them and make sure they're all good to go.

And to clarify, the lack of Distortion Drives is intentional, as Awa has no idea what her Drive is or how to use it beyond an instinctual level.

Still, this is a rather powerful ability, one that I'm not completely aware of the full implications of. Do you believe this to be acceptable, or does it require modification?
If Awa is now a miniature Cauldron, a lot of people will take interest in you. Like.... A LOT... :p

Off the top of my head, NOL and Sector Seven will want to capture you, either to abuse the miniature Cauldron inside you or to stop you from wandering around considering that you could be constantly be leaking Seithr into your surroundings. Then we have people with ulterior motives. Arakune is going to try to eat you on first sight due to you being directly connected to the Boundary. Litchi will want to know how you can retain a stable form despite being corrupted by the Boundary to almost the same extent as Arakune. Relius (aka. Perverted Masked Freak) will want to do who knows what to you. Etc, etc. You get the idea. :D

As for people who could potentially kill you, Cauldrons can either be destroyed through the Power of Order, though not killed. Cauldrons can only be killed with the power of the Azure. You also shouldn't forget that Bang's Nail, the Nox Nyctores Phoenix: Rettenjo, is also the core of Kushinada's Lynchpin. So getting hit by that would probably have a similar if not stronger effect than Nirvana's Nails.

People with the Power of Order are Jin Kisaragi, Makoto Nanaya and Tsubaki Yayoi. The only person who can channel the power of the Azure at this point in time would be Hazama Honoka.

By the way, @Mr.Ownage, what happened all the other playable characters that aren't selectable as mentors? You know: Bullet, the other Murakumo Units, Noel, Makoto...

Last edited:
If Awa is now a miniature Cauldron, a lot of people will take interest in you. Like.... A LOT... :p

Off the top of my head, NOL and Sector Seven will want to capture you, either to abuse the miniature Cauldron inside you or to stop you from wandering around considering that you could be constantly be leaking Seithr into your surroundings. Then we have people with ulterior motives. Arakune is going to try to est you on first sight due to you being directly connected to the Boundary. Litchi will want to know how you can retain a stable form despite being corrupted by the Boundary to almost the same extent as Arakune. Relius (aka. Perverted Masked Freak) will want to do god knows what to you. Etc, etc. You get the idea. :D

As for people who could potentially kill you, Cauldrons can either be destroyed through the Power of Order, though not killed. Cauldrons can only be killed with the power of the Azure. You also shouldn't forget that Bang's Nail, the Nox Nyctores Phoenix: Rettenjo, is also the core of Kushinada's Lynchpin. So getting hit by that would probably have a similar if not stronger effect than Nirvana's Nails.

People with the Power of Order are Jin Kisaragi, Makoto Nanaya and Tsubaki Yayoi. The only person who can channel the power of the Azure at this point in time would be Hazama Honoka.

By the way, @Mr.Ownage, what happened all the other playable characters that aren't selectable as mentors? You know: Bullet, the other Murakumo Units, Noel, Makoto...

Well, good thing I took a passive that makes it easier for me to escape (Hopefully).

And yeah, I'll freely admit that I kinda picked this Drive in particular mostly because it's guaranteed to start some shit.

Fun times ahead certainly. Although I do note that in her stable form, the Seithr she produces is contained, so she won't be leaking Seithr unless she's fighting. So hopefully that should forestall any attention from the higher ups.

@Birthday Yep, Awa is definitely going to turn wanted if news of her Cauldron-like being spreads.

Speaking of the Power of Order, that's going to make Jin a really tough fight if it begins to "equalize" an encounter... that's going to be fun to see.

And about those who are not selectable as Mentors, it's either due to personal reasons, balance reasons, how they could not work as Mentors, or, in all honesty, me having thought that they are not that popular to be picked. As examples, Hakumen has vanished, Noel is on temporary leave to take some time to mentally regenerate after, in essence, half the world tried to use or kill her (plus, IMO Mu's Godslayer out in the field would be way worse than Tsubaki's Immortal Breaker), with Makoto being a lot with her to make sure she's okay. Lambda, as an obedient combat unit, would be pretty hard to have as a Mentor, and Nu.... ehh....

"Ragna....? You're not Ragna! Where is Ragna? Nu wants Ragna!".

And Bullet would be the type that falls under "not having included her as a Mentor, thinking that she wouldn't be picked". Plus, her backstory is essentially that she's searching for her commanding unit, or something like that. At least Amane had a more clearer and key role, with him being an Observer and having rebooted Takamagahara, as examples.

@always_confused The IC thread will be up after everyone has made their sheets and finalized their changes. There's no need to rush :D

And about those who are not selectable as Mentors, it's either due to personal reasons, balance reasons, how they could not work as Mentors, or, in all honesty, me having thought that they are not that popular to be picked.
Small misunderstanding. I was asking about what happened to the characters that weren't selected as mentors after your version of Central Fiction ended. What happened to them in-universe is what I'm asking about. Like, during the final cutscenes we see Tager and Bullet working together. Does that mean Bullet is now a member of Sector Seven? Etc, etc. Or are the mentors the only characters active after the events of Central Fiction?
Lambda, as an obedient combat unit, would be pretty hard to have as a Mentor, and Nu.... ehh....
Lambda seemed to have gained free will by the end of Central Fiction, unless that changed with your version of the events. Nu seemed to be in a semi-comatose state since all of her emotions were linked to Ragna's, not to mention that she had a life-link with him, so him erasing himself from the universe probably did a number on her psyche.

Last edited:
Oh, you meant your question that way. Apologies for the misinterpretation.

With Bullet, specifically, yes, she is working with Sector Seven this time around, and while not being a selectable Mentor, it's definitely possible for S7 members to do work with her if desired. (Gangryong in particular as of now). The rest shall be revealed as we progress along :)

About Lambda and Nu, Lambda is going to more or less retain her free will, but still choosing to stay at S7, the only people she can trust at that time, to get to the bottom of what's happening (mainly about Ragna's disappearence, although there won't be much to do about it), and used by Kokonoe against the NOL. She won't be exactly free, but not the emotionless combat unit she was, either. About the middle of the two spectrums.

With that in mind, I'm not yet sure what will be happening to Nu, however...

That reminds me, @Bass11, are you going to give Gangryong an Astral Heat? It costs no points, so I feel like you probably should write that up along with your backstory when you get around to working on it. :D

I can't really say anything for sure, but unless something comes up, I think I'll be available at the mentioned times. Of course, I'll notify if that changes due to circumstances.

I'll have some free time to work on the backstory and astral heat tomorrow, although I was planning on filling it later in the rp. The Astral Heat stuff at least.

Last edited:
I'll have some free time to work on the backstory and astral heat tomorrow, although I was planning on filling it later in the rp. The Astral Heat stuff at least.
You'll have to ask if Ownage is okay with this but here's my suggestion. Considering that Astral Heats are insta-kill techniques anyway, why not create a pretty basic Astral Heat and then slowly embellish it over time to show that your character's strength is growing.

I support that idea if it's alright for Bass. I know I've mentioned being able to fill in Distortion Drives later if you only take one (or none), but since Astral Heats are the "instant kill" or "all or nothing" type of move, having a base to start off from would be the best.

Also, unrelated, but I feel so out of place with a name like this among such nicely sounding names.... it's too bad that I've thought of it long ago for Steam, and then I just stuck with it mostly everywhere else :D

I support that idea if it's alright for Bass. I know I've mentioned being able to fill in Distortion Drives later if you only take one (or none), but since Astral Heats are the "instant kill" or "all or nothing" type of move, having a base to start off from would be the best.

Also, unrelated, but I feel so out of place with a name like this among such nicely sounding names.... it's too bad that I've thought of it long ago for Steam, and then I just stuck with it mostly everywhere else :D
What's wrong with Ownage? :p

By the way, I've been meaning to ask whether or not we can start with Ars other than the Burst, Barrier and Overdrive ones we can get for free since we don't start with a Grimoire. Also what type of Ars I can get with 7 Aptitude.

It's... hard to describe. I've always been thinking that among much "nicer sounding" names, such as yours, or Floom, there's... mine. It sounds "rough" compared to the others, doesn't it?

Well, in your case, you're considered pretty lucky regarding Ars, since you've chosen to start with the NOL, the ones who have pretty much monopolized Grimoires and Ars, so you can get higher-leveled ones quite early if you manage to earn the higher-ups' trust.

Apart from that, and once more, more for balance than story reasons, even those who don't have a Grimoire are able to utilize lower-level Ars (naturally, though, a Grimoire would be greatly helpful in this aspect). It depends on which exact ability you'd like to have as one, but at Aptitude 7, you'd be able to have partial camouflage (you'd still be pretty visible to those with keen eyes, however), small binds (think the ones used on Hakumen, though much weaker) and projectile reflectors, or minor elemental attacks, as examples.

Have my character done in rough. Just need to organize it, figure a few things out with the GM's help and I should be done by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Anyway, looking at the sheets, it seems everyone is going neutral at best and flat out villain at worst?

Have my character done in rough. Just need to organize it, figure a few things out with the GM's help and I should be done by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Anyway, looking at the sheets, it seems everyone is going neutral at best and flat out villain at worst?

Well, we have at least one person who subscribes to the Bang Shishigami school of Love and Justice, so I wouldn't say everyone is neutral or evil. But yeah, most people are some shade of grey, some darker than most.

Well, we have at least one person who subscribes to the Bang Shishigami school of Love and Justice, so I wouldn't say everyone is neutral or evil. But yeah, most people are some shade of grey, some darker than most.
Gangryong and Lost are probably the most villain-like out of all of the current characters, which isn't that surprising when you look at who their mentors are. Still, even then, Gangryong shows kindness to those he considers friends and just because Lost is pretty amoral, he can still have people he would rather prefer to not be dead. Awa's alignment depends rather heavily on who her mentor will be. If she ends up with someone like Jubei, Bang or Tsubaki as their mentor, she has the potential to be good.

I've literally made a Masked Rider of JUSTICE. So, fairly goody two shoes even if he isn't entirely hero of justice-y-y.

Back