Absolutely Deranged Crossovers That You Wish Someone Would Write Already

We Just Write

Blatantly Plural
Pronouns
Plural
Some crossovers just... work. Some... well, they... don't, but they're just so AWESOME that you really want to see someone DO IT! In this thread, people can discuss this sort of crossover, think about possible plot elements, and maybe (just maybe) convince someone to actually write them.

Personally, I wish someone would write JoJo 40k. In the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium, Dio Brando is still up and kicking, and still opposed by the Joestars. Some questions naturally arise, such as 'how do you fit Hamon and Stands into the Imperium of Man?', 'Does Dio have a connection to Chaos', 'what is the actual plot', 'whatever became of the Speedwagon Foundation', and of course 'does direct exposure to plasma undergoing nuclear fusion count as sunlight for the purposes of killing vampires?'. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about either series to do it justice, but I would probably watch it so, SO hard.

I remember, back in the Third Age of fandom, seeing a summary that just said, "The Dirty Pair destroy the Seldon Plan" and fistpumping and I would have slammed a Dew, if they'd been invented in that remote period. Anyways, it was never finished.

Vangers/anything.

Mind you, Vangers by itself is more than a little deranged already.

One thing I was thinking about is what it would be like to do a big mashup of Metal Gear and sorta-cinematic universish Marvel.

At the core of it you can make the timelines work together by putting a lot of importance on Captain America's disappearance and reappearance. He fights in World War 2 as a contemporary of the boss, is lost in the arctic and pretty much just plop down the events of the Metal Gear games in the years between that and Cap coming back. You could turn Howard/Tony Stark and Huey/Hal Emmerich into composite characters, Frank Castle was a member of Diamond Dogs, Black Widow was EVA (but with less fan service), the fake Captain Americas were created by Cipher/the Patriots. Guys like AIM and Hydra are PMCs. All that shit.

Since I'll never have the time to write it as a story, I'll put the general outline of a crazy fusion of Gurren Lagann, Undertale, and Evangelion that I thought up here. Needless to say, many spoilers about all the series in here.

You know how spiral power is often linked to/caused by a double-helix? Rather than just exterminating their rivals for the sake of apocalypse prevention, this Fusion's history begins with the Anti-Spirals also splitting the races into two different "strands" of spiral power. One resulting race would carry the strand of knowledge, the other the strand of life. Even if one race awoke their variety of spiral power, they cannot achieve the full potential of real spiral power and thus become a threat to the Anti-Spirals. In the case of Spiral-humanity, we get split into the normal Humans (knowledge) and Monsters (life). The beastmen were made in the image of Monsters so that even if both groups managed to get to the surface, the humans would attack them in ignorance, while in the case of the Monsters, the Barrier was created and their history erased/edited to blame the Humans, again an engineered effort on the part of Lordgenome/Anti-spirals to create conflict between the two and prevent them from collaborating to reclaim "true" spiral power, and drawing the attention of the Anti-Spirals.

Things start out with Simon falling into the Undergound when the Lagann goes nuts from Simon's insane piloting after Kamina kicks the bucket. (instead of plunging into the ravine where Nia is found) There he gets some TLC from Toriel before being persuaded to proceed pacificst-style as a means of finding himself again. As for the rest of the crew, someone else finds Nia (handwaving the core-drill key action by having the box damaged in the fall), and they all go on to deal with the trap-village as normal, minus Simon.

Meanwhile, because this is a fanfic and not a game, Simon is able to return to the True Lab and fulfill the requirements for the Pacifist end, with Lagann coming to help at the end against Asriel. More handwavey inspring bullshit about Spiral Power, and Simon uses the core drill to restore Asriel with a "let me see you grit your teeth" punch.

On the surface, Lagann picks up some distress signal from the rest of the team as they get captured, and Simon and Asriel sneak aboard the Dai-Gurren, take back the Gurren, and break everyone out. Asriel co-pilots the Gurren when they combine to beat on Guame, etc. Pretty much proceeds according to TTGL canon until the anti-spiral arc. Here is where it gets sketchy: Chara is actually an agent of the anti-spiral similar to Nia who went active too early, and didn't actually die after his soul-stealing stunt with Asriel. Chara turns public opinion against Simon by being a lookalike and doing terrible things, while at the same time Nia goes active as planned due to population. Thanks to the Monsters and their Magic, earth's denizens are able to no-sell the anti-spiral mecha she brings, but that just makes the real anti-spirals panic. They didn't spare themselves from the splitting either, and since the countermeasures made by thier "strand of knowledge" component didn't work, they send their counterparts, taking the form of the Evangelion Angels, with all the mind-screw and existential horror that implies. I didn't plan it beyond that, sadly.

And if all this doesn't make sense at all, no problem. It's just the ravings of a derpy fox all thought up shortly after beating Undertale and listening to the TTGL soundtrack.

Louise summons the Good Hunter as her familiar.

She doesn't care her familiar is some kind of slug. She finally has proof that she's a real mage.
The Pope has summoned his own familiar. Blood starts to spread through the church...
Colbert was one of the few first Hunters...
Joseph has slowly been losing his senses ever since his summoning... or maybe he's just been seeing too much.

Over time, Louise learns she has to become stronger.
Good Hunter is glad to assist.
The Great Ones are sympathetic in Spirit after all...

kantai collection/40k
"In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, there are only frigate lolis"

A story set between the events of Thomas the Tank Engine and Cars, showing how humanity was driven to extinction and replaced by sentient motor vehicles.

Kantai Collection vs GATE.

At least then there'd be a logical reason for the propaganda-ness.

MLP: Equestria Girls/Bubblegum Crisis. Because the Knight Sabers having a bona fide magical girl on the payroll would be awesome.

This one's on the to-do list for after I finish my current backlog, but if someone else wants to take a crack at it first then feel free.

Raiden and (old) World of Darkness.

Basically, Raiden follows the Desperado chain of command right to the top...and into a world of Gothic horror.

Basically, he just leaves Rules of Nature on loop as he cuts his way through vampires, werewolves, and every other creepy terror in the night.

Last edited:
Mostly I mentally cross over Eclipse Phase with whatever other media I happen to be viewing/reading/playing at the time.

kung fury/JJBA

I think this would be illegal because the crack would actually be able to intoxicate you.

Harry Dresden in a galaxy far, far away. Coruscant, to be exact.
He can't speak the language - any of the languages - and he's stranded there with no supplies. Technology - that is: everything - falls apart when he walks by, Force-users think he's the spawn of the devil, and he's already burned down three buildings - but he's in Star Wars, with all meta-knowledgd intact.
His luck is looking up, for once.
Now if only he could figure out which side of the planet he was on.

Personally, I think Harry Dresden would work better as a Corellian Jedi.

Louise summons the Good Hunter as her familiar.

She doesn't care her familiar is some kind of slug. She finally has proof that she's a real mage.
The Pope has summoned his own familiar. Blood starts to spread through the church...
Colbert was one of the few first Hunters...
Joseph has slowly been losing his senses ever since his summoning... or maybe he's just been seeing too much.

Over time, Louise learns she has to become stronger.
Good Hunter is glad to assist.
The Great Ones are sympathetic in Spirit after all...
This has been done, I believe. I'm not sure if the Good Hunter there got the the Honoring Wishes or Childhood's Beginning ending. I think it was the latter but managed to regain her old Hunter form as well. Siesta is a Hunter in training there. It's on SV/SB, forgot which.

Back