I wouldn't worry too much about that. We're a good ten pages past the update, we have a new index, and the Shard fight seems unlikely to be immediate. Also, Rihaku's been fairly good at keeping available advancements more-or-less within our budget. Fighting and diplomacy probably equally likely to unlock neat stuff, going by Sten.

As far as we know, the Shard has been a completely benign the presence for the entire history of the Realm of Myth. The Lord Protector is a treacherous mass murderer.

Isn't this kind of overkill?

[X] Rah13
No it's still tied and idk how omake will go.

I am willing to buy votes for Diplomacy! One token from me can be redeemed for any one vote of mine, or to use any one marker I possess. (At the moment I have markers for BrainInAJar, Aabcehmu, and ReaderOfFate.) Thus, even if we're on the same side of a vote it might be useful.
(EDIT: These markers would not come with vetos on my part, but can't be used to affect the current vote. Just in case anyone was wondering.)
Offer valid while supplies last.

Last edited:
We don't know anything about the shard.
We know it's ancient and we know its presence has not made the Realm of Myth into a shithole throughout its history. So why does the hatred of the nastiest piece of work we've yet encountered flag it as something to anticipate killing? Something we're indeed so eager to kill that we'd throw away our current tactical advantage and ally with said scumbag in order to do so?

Ah geez, didn't think this vote would get so contentious, given how Augustine's POV demonstrated how dangerous it would be to give her any more time to figure out how to fuck us over!

That said, when the opportunity to fight/attempt to diplomance Shard first came up, it was popular enough to have a significant chunk of the vote if I recall correctly, so I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised that a second shot at meeting her would have such backing. Shard is likely still powerful enough to potentially give out picks and drop some nice power ups, and we are approaching the pick desert, so there's that. Still, the biggest appeal to me of picking Shard at the time was the ability to conclude this arc very quickly, which is not the case here - doing this will only delay the conclusion further!

Anyway, while the vote purchase offers are actually a little tempting this time around, I think I'm still pretty firmly in the LIQUIDATE THE PINK BITCH camp. Do it for our boy Versch!

On a less related note: Thanks for the gold, mysterious benefactor!

Last edited:
Should Diplomacy win... I doubt it'll be a popular idea, but I'm okay with just selling the next six months of service as our payment.

Despite the efforts to bring the subject all the way down to personal motivation, the leader of a nation first learns to channel those into national agenda. She's a teenage girl with a chip on her shoulder, yes, but she's also a teenage girl who runs a country. If we ignore that we'll end up rejected on the grounds we're just too dangerous to not take down while she still has a chance.

We could outright replace her armies in the field if she allowed it. With the smallest investment of resources on her part, we could return terrifying dividends in land, power, and the quick and tidy surrender of polities that might otherwise impede her for decades.

On the one hand, we want to go to the Human Sphere soon. But do we have to? There's something to be said for part of our deal being the total restoration of Verschlengorge using her supreme power of Building, after which Gisena and Letrizia can go to the Human Sphere together while we pay our term of service. It's imperfect and, more uncomfortably, not what we want. But it's a good lesson to Aobaru about how this Hero game actually works, and also possibly our last opportunity for a Voyaging Realm power-up montage before we sweep up the cosmos like the Procession janitor we think so highly of.

I'm willing to sell my vote here for a non-veto vote in the future.
Also selling my vote for a non-veto vote.
I'd be willing to give you half-markers each, since your votes count as one vote each instead of the two that a defection would be. Half-markers can be used to change up half the subvotes in a voting-point, to get me to not vote for any number of options at a decision point, or to win an auction for my current vote.
(Whole markers cannot be broken into half-markers.)
Acceptable?

Back