The conquests of the Lord Protector have slaughtered millions, possibly billions. Would Hunger, piloted by the thread, really have been able to stomach siding with them for long?

As with most shounen villains, I'm sure people would happily gloss over their crimes as long as the character is appealing! We could just revive anyone they killed later anyway; incredible cosmic power does make things significantly easier!

Last edited:
The conquests of the Lord Protector have slaughtered millions, possibly billions. Would Hunger, piloted by the thread, really have been able to stomach siding with them for long?
As long as they remained off-screen, I have faith in our counterfactual ability to rationalize away atrocities! The Lord Protector seems like a far more interesting character than Adorie from the inside of their head, so it's a shame we didn't take Shock & Reason. But Hunger has given his word and already accepted payment, which puts a ceiling on any compromise that could be made.

I'm curious to see how "Rescue Versch" will affect relationship gains of "Bring Adorie."

If "Oblique Means" won, then I'll pre-commit to mining Arete to pay off vanguard and/or picking up the Mirellyian Bloodline since we'd be 1-2 Adorie +s away from her EFB

I'm curious to see how "Rescue Versch" will affect relationship gains of "Bring Adorie."
Huh, I had been thinking that "Adorie's impression" referred to the Crush/Oblique modifiers, but that's not quite what it says, so now I'm curious as well. Hunger, you gotta remember to be cool in front of the Princess, you're the boy of her dreams after all.

Huh, I had been thinking that "Adorie's impression" referred to the Crush/Oblique modifiers, but that's not quite what it says, so now I'm curious as well. Hunger, you gotta remember to be cool in front of the Princess, you're the boy of her dreams after all.
There's some serious contrast between mindsets, with Adorie dreaming of a stereotypical savior while the Lord Protector sees hope as weakness.

Poor Lord Protector, I'd feel bad for you if you weren't absolutely terrible.
I'm curious how the conquests factor into the avowed motivation of vengeance. Like, what does raking the Lesser Kingdoms over the coals for tribute realistically bring to the table, other than new lands and titles to bribe followers with? The Protector conducted a coup at the age of eight, where does one even go from there?

At her age she's just the right size to have potentially been abducted into our teenager train. The series of events that would have allowed such a thing are highly unlikely, but now they're plain impossible. Sad.

I'm curious how the conquests factor into the avowed motivation of vengeance. Like, what does raking the Lesser Kingdoms over the coals for tribute realistically bring to the table, other than new lands and titles to bribe followers with? The Protector conducted a coup at the age of eight, where does one even go from there?
World domination, apparently. It's its own reward!

the 8 year old LP wept, for there were no more kingdoms to conquer

Back