I mean, if Sky Veil gave Manipulation +s, I would vote for, probably. Manipulation clearly isn't only the ability to lie, since if that's all it did it would have no value in helping control our Charisma. It seems more likely to me that Charisma is, in essence, that social version of Strength, and that Manipulation is the social version of Agility.

-e

To expound, it's not as though Agility is only useful for dodging. It has many uses, including helping us control Strength.
The power of Accretion is great enough that its only limited by time and the themes of our Artifacts. Want to bet that Sky Veil can eventually expand the Evening Sky's themes to include Manipulation what with it unlocking stealth, disguise and conjuctional advancements with Aeira's Shadowcord?

Last edited:
The power of Accretion is great enough that its only limited by time and the themes of our Artifacts. Want to bet that Sky Veil can enventually expand the Evening Sky's themes to include Manipulation what with it unlocking stealth, disguise and conjuctional advancements with Aeira's Shadowcord?
I actually mentioned this possibility already! However, it only makes Sky Veil as it exists less appealing to me, since following that path seems to me like, basically admitting that the Veil isn't the real answer, in which case why did we even pick it in the first place, rather than toughing out the solitude that Vanquisher Halo requires initially until we can find another source of Manipulation +s that doesn't sink 7 arete of value into something that Manipulation +s will eventually obsolete.

I actually mentioned this possibility already! However, it only makes Sky Veil as it exists less appealing to me, since following that path seems to me like, basically admitting that the Veil isn't the real answer, in which case why did we even pick it in the first place, rather than toughing out the solitude that Vanquisher Halo requires initially until we can find another source of Manipulation +s that doesn't sink 7 arete of value into something that Manipulation +s will eventually obsolete.
So now the problem of finding a palatable source of Manipulation stat arise. Good luck finding nice powers that deal with that!

I am not sure manipulation would obsolete being able to tone down charisma as while people might feel even our controlled charisma, with sky veil our charisma is suppressed. Which as I've said could lead in to some interesting tactics in both social and combat.

So now the problem of finding a palatable source of Manipulation stat arise. Good luck finding nice powers that deal with that!
I mean, if you're convinced that no such thing exists, I can understand why you're settling for Sky Veil. But I'm not convinced, I'm actually fairly confident that if we try, we will be able to find something that works, and I'm committed to trying in the case that Vanquisher Halo wins.

-e
I am not sure manipulation would obsolete being able to tone down charisma as while people might feel even our controlled charisma, with sky veil our charisma is suppressed. Which as I've said could lead in to some interesting tactics in both social and combat.
That is a valid tactic, and if we do end up going with Sky Veil I'd hope we get to use it, but I'm not sure that it is actually feasible in the first place, and even if it is, I wouldn't personally value them over the straight stat buffs that Halo gives us.

Last edited:
You know that we have only two Manipulation pluses, right? (Rod of Ages.) Even just looking at our base Charisma pluses, we have 5.5 times that of Charisma, and since Silver of Evening is specifically a buff to Charisma unlike the All Stats buff of Edeldross, we really have 11 times more Charisma than Manipulation.

Post ADS, we'd have 4 times more Charisma than Manipulation, considering Silver of Evening. The ratio isn't as favorable as you'd think.

(This is of course, without considering Vanquisher Halo's own effect of worsening the ratio, so this is a generous estimation.)
Oh wow, I'm embarrassed. For some reason I've been running these calculations with 4 pluses instead of two. Not sure why when the sheet says it plainly, my apologies.

I mean, if you're convinced that no such thing exists, I can understand why you're settling for Sky Veil. But I'm not convinced, I'm actually fairly confident that if we try, we will be able to find something that works, and I'm committed to trying in the case that Vanquisher Halo wins.
Oh I'm sure it exist. The problem I have with that is we are going to have to add another task to our ever expanding list of to do and split our precious time again. We could have avoided all of that with Sky Veil, initially with suppresing Charisma and progressing to unlocking Manipulation.

You know that we have only two Manipulation pluses, right? (Rod of Ages.)
Edit: Ignore that, I was dumb and misread your post. What's the deal with Rod of Ages, anyway?
Not even the canniest of loch lurkers could evade your cunning casts, and the shrewdness of your timing and devastating force of your commitment are stunning to witness.

[+Ductility, +Casting, ++Depth, ++Prowess, -Bait Quality]
And at the time I was unaware Manipulation was an actual non-fishing stat, so who knows if any of these mean anything or if this was a very official-looking shitpost.

Though, the description is suspiciously similar to what Hunger did with the Wurm.

Oh I'm sure it exist. The problem I have with that is we are going to have to add another task to our ever expanding list of to do and split our precious time again. We could have avoided all of that with Sky Veil, initially with suppresing Charisma and progressing to unlocking Manipulation.
Well, as I think I've been trying to say, I'm just not satisfied enough with Sky Veil and like the benefits of Halo enough that I prefer it, despite the fact that it will require us to commit to further development in areas we weren't previously invested in.

Infiltrate the Inner Circle: Edeldross Adept for the win because it saves Arete and improves other Stats! Nevermind that they will be constantly checking on us and they distrust us because we have a Ring!

Aftermath of the Rotbeast: Silver of Evening to complete the Trinity! Nevermind that we just saw an outpaced Apocryphal suddenly kaijued us and has an impeding 5 pick battle on the way at least if we don't managed to cough up at least another EFB when we have a close form of mitigation and an actually an EFB too!

Overwhelming Charisma: Vanquisher's Halo for the win! Nevermind that we already have the one of the highest amount of the stat even in the Voyaging Realm so few people can resist us and that we warp people's personality if we interact with them! We can solve this by adding more errands to our increasingly tight schedule!

Why though... Seriously why?

Well, as I think I've been trying to say, I'm just not satisfied enough with Sky Veil and like the benefits of Halo enough that I prefer it, despite the fact that it will require us to commit to further development in areas we weren't previously invested in.
So because you don't like the solution you poured more gas to the problem. What.

Back