She's likely already gone through her early victims.
*Sigh* Yeah, probably. On a slightly brighter note, I think it's been vague as to when she started killing people, so depending on how Lunaryon wants to play it we could theoretically run into her before she finishes her death spiral. Granted, we'd then have to try to have her rehabilitated, which is going to be an utter nightmare, especially because we'd almost certainly have to come up with a plan on the spot.

...It might be easier to eschew the idea of getting her legally cleared entirely and focus on her mental rehabilitation, but it'd be metagaming as hell and out of character for Izuku to help her avoid the law.

Hmm. Given what's happening with Izuku's tears, does he even have blood that is safe for her too drink?
It could go either way. Starborn Hero had Izuku's blood be scalding hot but otherwise normal (amusingly enough, this fact was used to "pottytrain" Himiko into controlling her urges).

That's a bit of a stretch; 95% of the reason he wants to be a hero is because he wants to win and be the best, and he associates All Might, Heroism, and the number one hero spot in particular with that goal. In canon he eventually gets better (and even then, only relatively), but right now he's a self-absorbed asshole with enough issues to fill a comic book store. Yes, his attitude isn't entirely his fault, Aldera's a toxic shithole that exacerbated his various complexes to extremes, but it not being his fault still results in us and the world at large having to deal with him.

He's kind of like HimikoandTenkoandJinandIguchiandDabi most of the LoV in that regard; we really wish we could have intervened earlier, because they deserved better but right now/in the near future they're going to make their problems everyone's problems.
I could go into a spiel about the nature of heroism and how the intent behind it doesn't actually mean that much but it would be pretty meaningless to our current concerns.

It at least makes him theoretically manageable by heroic society, providing authority figures with a series of big and obvious levers that they can grab on to and maneuver him around with. He wants this one thing more than life itself and has an unrelenting compulsion to rise to the top, to eat any challenge... practical or abstract... alive. If a superpowered version of Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey shouted him into the ground and made the boy jump through goddamn hoops then it would have perfectly fit his worldview of how things are supposed to go and have him grinning like a madman.

Unfortunately we don't have a Gunny and most of the staff aren't exactly skilled psychological manipulators. They don't exactly customize their routines for the kid in question.... and the whole joke with Bakugo is that he is effectively a character that walked onto the panel from the wrong manga going by how his brain works. You can't treat him like any random teenager.

Things won't be smooth. They won't be great. Its just that this is, as is appropriate, damage control to make things less fucked up than canon. Not fucked up is probably beyond anyone right now.
...On a related note, do we have any idea what Himiko's doing right now? From what I've picked up by osmosis, it's been a year since she snapped and went on the run. Has she completely thrown away her restraint and morals and started killing people by now, or...?
She'd cut open one of our veins and be traumatized for life when she finds anything but blood. And probably get her hair half burned off as she narrowly ducks a geyser of high pressure plasma that renovates the building across the street.

Do not cut small holes into the core of the sun. It ends poorly. But, in any case, if we don't have blood it would be a type of existential horror that the rest of us couldn't easily understand.

Blood is love and life.
Of course, the teachers were complicit, I normally don't like the society of MHA, but dang it I just really want to see it all torn down right about now. The doublethink Izuku is caught in was just absolutely painful, him realizing the problem is the first step to solving it.
Every single thing in MHA is a direct dramatization of problems that are afflicting Japan as we sit here and type. Its practically the manga's mission statement. Its... remember that this shit isn't just realistic, its real.

Japan isn't special in regards to handling children, or anyone else, in a wildly fucked up manner... god knows most of us remember the hells of our own childhoods... but it very much has a distinctive taste.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think it would be so much easier to put Izuku in 1-B than Bakugo. Bakugo really needs to be in 1-A to grow as a person because of the presences of Todoroki, Momo and Kirishima.

Those three manage to incidentally hit a lot of Bakugo's weak points all at once and open him up to changing.

Really, looking at his obsession with All Might is honestly kind of heartbreaking in a way when you look at the ways at Aldera abused Bakugo in addition to Izuku.

Honestly, I think it would be so much easier to put Izuku in 1-B than Bakugo. Bakugo really needs to be in 1-A to grow as a person because of the presences of Todoroki, Momo and Kirishima.

Those three manage to incidentally hit a lot of Bakugo's weak points all at once and open him up to changing.

Really, looking at his obsession with All Might is honestly kind of heartbreaking in a way when you look at the ways at Aldera abused Bakugo in addition to Izuku.
And, yeah, having to be competing with Izuku specifically would make Bakugo double down on some of the worst parts of himself. Now that its brought up... a 1-B centric quest would be really damn cool. I wouldn't mind it in the least.

Edit: Not that we know what the roster of each class is going to be. We are extremely likely to chaos butterfly some people from one class into the other... and maybe even some dude from Support or Business. There are bound to be edge cases.

Last edited:
Yeah, Bakugo is not an inherently bad person, what he is is someone who wants to be the Best Hero, and that means being the Example that everyone looks up to.

It's just that what his surroundings wanted when he was developing was... An asshole bully who was king shit of the mountain.

He's very much a victim of the same kind of societal edgelord bullshit that led to Endeavor being himself. Just that it gets caught early enough that he's able to get the help and examples he needs to unfuck himself before he does something unforgivable.

I'm not sold on any particular name for our quirk or hero name, but I am firmly settled on the idea of our title being "The Stellar Hero: (Insert Name Here)." It just works for me.

I'm not sold on any particular name for our quirk or hero name, but I am firmly settled on the idea of our title being "The Stellar Hero: (Insert Name Here)." It just works for me.
The stellar hero is a title and they are not what u chose they are given by the masses so yea could See something similiar nur Not exactly the same sounding and there is still the Hero Name wich is a big descision.

The stellar hero is a title and they are not what u chose they are given by the masses so yea could See something similiar nur Not exactly the same sounding and there is still the Hero Name wich is a big descision.
No, Heroes appear to come up with their own titles in addition to their names. Like, 1-A coming up with Hero names had a bunch of them format it as "The [Title] Hero: [Name]".

Last edited:
Question, all the powers seemed to be crossover powers, is this one also a crossover power or just one you made on spot?

She'd cut open one of our veins and be traumatized for life when she finds anything but blood. And probably get her hair half burned off as she narrowly ducks a geyser of high pressure plasma that renovates the building across the street.

Do not cut small holes into the core of the sun. It ends poorly. But, in any case, if we don't have blood it would be a type of existential horror that the rest of us couldn't easily understand.

Blood is love and lif
Gravity: She bites, the blood sucks back!

Regarding Himiko:

Her first victim is a character by the name of Saito, who went to the same middle school as her. She saw him bleeding after he got in a fight, and became obsessed/infatuated with him. Later on, she attacked him with a box cutter, and stuck a straw in him to drink his blood. After that is when she went on the run.

It's not clear whether or not he survived the encounter. Even if he did, she's very much guilty of assault, and possibly attempted murder. And she's probably hasn't been holding back much since then.

Anyways, the question is whether or not that's actually happened yet as of this point in the story, and if anything we could do actually has a chance of derailing any of that.

There are a lot of theories that Himiko Needs Blood just as much as she needs food and water.
And we know her Parents would rather starve her to make her Normal than use whatever Quirk programs that let one have odd things to eat and/or drink like blood.

There are a lot of theories that Himiko Needs Blood just as much as she needs food and water.
And we know her Parents would rather starve her to make her Normal than use whatever Quirk programs that let one have odd things to eat and/or drink like blood.

Even ignoring the possibility of a physiological need, her quirk clearly came with a psychological need for, and dependence on, blood. Her parents denying her needs and acting like they were somehow her fault, perverse, and inherently bad, was deeply psychologically damaging to her and led to several of her pretty obvious issues.

So yeah, clearly some serious abuse going on there by all reasonable standards...unfortunately, I highly doubt we're in time to do anything about it here before she's gone completely off the rails.

I would normally expect that sort of mental anguish from Worm fics, not shonen quests.

Nice to see the Momma Bear making her presence felt. Parents shouldn't just vanish when the adventure starts.

Yuck! I really wish I paid more attention to the vote now.
Thankfully it seems to involve dealing with 'Aunt Mitsuki' as much as the jackass. And hopefully will result in the jackass having to deal with a very disappointed parent.

I don't expect it to actually change his opinion or actions, given the stubborn ignorance he showed in canon, but it will at least be more fun to read.

Even then he'd still be an issue, if not one we'd have to deal with literally every day. He'd be offended that we're going to UA at all, and he won't care if we're in a different class.
He is only an issue if he is actively impacting Izuku. He can rant and rave and hate all he wants so long as he does it somewhere else. Izuku in particular and the quest in general have better things to do.

Expanding on the 1-B cast would be nice. Almost every student at UA is someone who could be a protagonist or primary supporting character if the plot turned in the right direction.

UV light, things like flowers and birds look very different under different perceptions. Black birds to a human are like rainbows to other birds.
A particular example of what Izuku is seeing at the moment is this

You're essentially seeing both of these things at the same, overlaid on top of each other, so the flower is coming out more of an orangish color than yellow. There are also other things that you are nearly able to see, but it is hard to really focus on them, they keep sliding out of focus and practically out of sight if you aren't focusing on them, but focusing on them is hard to do when you barely even notice that they exist.

Agreed. I'd really rather take some pressure off this boiler while within earshot of his mother. The guy is... well, I genuinely believe he is well intentioned but is suffering from a legitimate form of mental illness. The hero program was one of the few places in the world that would have actually given that boy something resembling a happy ending and it took a hell of a lot of luck. Fuckery happens when your brain is fucked.

His mother has a borderline magical ability to turn things that would have escalated into something merely very loud. I don't want things to escalate, I don't even want shit to rain down on the boy's head even if there is no blowback. I'd just like thing to not go to hell the second our back is turned, especially when we get to the hero course. We don't need things to be okay: Just okay enough.

Also, I just like the idea of keeping an unofficial aunt in Izuku's life. I had two growing up and its hard to imagine life without them.
I wouldn't say mental illness, but he is just as much a victim of the abuse surrounding the two of them as Izuku is. An Abuse that the school perpetrated, and encouraged in both of them.
That's a bit of a stretch; 95% of the reason he wants to be a hero is because he wants to win and be the best, and he associates All Might, Heroism, and the number one hero spot in particular with that goal. In canon he eventually gets better (and even then, only relatively), but right now he's a self-absorbed asshole with enough issues to fill a comic book store. Yes, his attitude isn't entirely his fault, Aldera's a toxic shithole that exacerbated his various complexes to extremes, but it not being his fault still results in us and the world at large having to deal with him.

He's kind of like HimikoandTenkoandJinandIguchiandDabi most of the LoV in that regard; we really wish we could have intervened earlier, because they deserved better but right now/in the near future they're going to make their problems everyone's problems.

...On a related note, do we have any idea what Himiko's doing right now? From what I've picked up by osmosis, it's been a year since she snapped and went on the run. Has she completely thrown away her restraint and morals and started killing people by now, or...?
I think you missed Todoroki, Shoji, Aoyama, Koda, Tokoyami, and Hagakure in that list of people who deserved better than they got.
Of course, the teachers were complicit, I normally don't like the society of MHA, but dang it I just really want to see it all torn down right about now. The doublethink Izuku is caught in was just absolutely painful, him realizing the problem is the first step to solving it.
Izuku still has a way to go before he can fully cast off what he has learned, but statistically speaking, he already has a leg up over Bakugo on mental stability due to the abuse they went through.
Yeah, Bakugo is not an inherently bad person, what he is is someone who wants to be the Best Hero, and that means being the Example that everyone looks up to.

It's just that what his surroundings wanted when he was developing was... An asshole bully who was king shit of the mountain.

He's very much a victim of the same kind of societal edgelord bullshit that led to Endeavor being himself. Just that it gets caught early enough that he's able to get the help and examples he needs to unfuck himself before he does something unforgivable.
To best sum Bakugo's issues -

He has been taught that the only position that matters is the #1 spot. Anything less than that is equal to being at the very bottom.
He has also seen who the people at the bottom (read: Izuku) are treated.

In Bakugo's worldview he only has value as a person so long as he is the strongest and the smartest and the best. If anyone is better than him at anything ever, then he is completely and totally worthless. It is a broken black and white view of the world.

In order to be worth anything whatsoever he has to be superior to everyone around him
but at the same time he is terrified of that he isn't the best and is actually inferior to everyone around him.
Question, all the powers seemed to be crossover powers, is this one also a crossover power or just one you made on spot?
A little of A, and a lot of B. The power itself is original, but different parts of the powerset were inspired to some degree by different characters. The most notable of the two would be Utsuho from Touhou and Starboy from DC.
I would normally expect that sort of mental anguish from Worm fics, not shonen quests.

Nice to see the Momma Bear making her presence felt. Parents shouldn't just vanish when the adventure starts.

Thankfully it seems to involve dealing with 'Aunt Mitsuki' as much as the jackass. And hopefully will result in the jackass having to deal with a very disappointed parent.

I don't expect it to actually change his opinion or actions, given the stubborn ignorance he showed in canon, but it will at least be more fun to read.

He is only an issue if he is actively impacting Izuku. He can rant and rave and hate all he wants so long as he does it somewhere else. Izuku in particular and the quest in general have better things to do.

Expanding on the 1-B cast would be nice. Almost every student at UA is someone who could be a protagonist or primary supporting character if the plot turned in the right direction.
While this should be the last bit to completely focus on Izuku's mental anguish, it is important to show that the things he went through are still effecting him, even if he is still managing to move forwards.

And yes, I have plans for class 1-B.

Oh boy, we're talking about Bakugo? I love talking about Bakugo!

Spoiling it because I'm not sure exactly how 'on topic' it is, and I had a lot to say
Broken down into generally related points
  • In addition to the various mental hang ups and abuse and what not he's gone through, I think a good way to phrase Bakugo's whole... situation, is that he thinks he's the main character of a more classical shonen anime. He's gotta be number one, and has to strive like fuck to be there, but... he doesn't seem to have any real problems with failing. Kinda sorta, anyways. Like, see his fight with Todoroki. I'm pretty sure that, had Todoroki actually put his all into the fight, and won, Bakugo would have been FAR less pissed about it, than what actually happened. He's the main character, he was about to have the big finale fight of the tournament arc with (one of) his rival(s), who JUST got an emotional power up! He was excited as all fuck! ... And then Todoroki just basically throws the fight. And you see how Bakugo felt about that.

But, later, when he ACTUALLY fails the license exam, or any of the other times he's generally not came out on top? He was mad about it, yeah, but... not much more than normal? He's always mad, and failing doesn't seem to get to him that much, potentially seeing it as, you know, the main character not instantly being at the top of the world, and will get there eventually, with enough blood sweat and tears.

• Another important thing to know about Bakugo, is his idea of what Hero-ism is. Like, this is kinda a pervailing theme in MHA, "what does a hero do"? Does a hero fight villains, or does a hero save people? This can seem like an odd question, because a lot of times a hero saves people BY fighting villains, but it's an important one because it kinda reveals a sense of priority in a persons head. Bakugo is on the 'fight villains' end, while Izuku is on the 'save people' end. Like, they straight up say the lines, Bakugo talks about how All Might is awesome and how there's no villain he can't beat, while Izuku talks about how All Might is awesome and how there's no one he can't save.

Which plays out to a lot of how Bakugo acts. A Hero fights Villains, a Hero is Strong, and thus, the greatest hero is the strongest one. Bakugo has to be strong if he wants to be a hero, and he has to act that way too (something that his experiences in school tend to back up). Anyone who isn't strong enough, they can't be a hero.

• Now, Bakugo's treatment of Izuku, is there for... a number of reasons. As previously mentioned, he generally learned that he needs to act strong in order to, you know, be strong. He was strong, Izuku was weak, and that had a pretty obvious fall out. But then there was another thing. "Anyone can be a hero" is a line that CAN be seen as inspiring, but it can also be seen as insulting. If ANYONE can be a Hero... then being a hero wouldn't mean anything, wouldn't it? Just saying anyone can do it, is discounting all the hard work and natural advantages that go into being a Hero. These people who are born with top of the line quirks (and thus are 'obviously' special and better), who work hard their entire lives, going to top of the line schools to learn from the best of the best, you're dismissing all of that by saying ANYONE can do it. If the Izuku Midoriyas of the world, people who don't put in the work, can become a Hero just by WANTING it bad enough? That this baby who does nothing but cry and moan and insist that he's going to be a hero, despite not actually doing anything to try to achieve that dream, could do it? That's spitting on all the blood, sweat, and tears of the 'real' heroes, saying all their effort and pain was worthless, that they should have just wanted it harder.

And then, in canon, Deku "miraculously" gets into UA, Bakugo gets mad, because that's kinda proving the dweeb right. But, fine, he'll probably just flunk out before long... and then this brat reveals he had a Top of the Line quirk? Bakugo assumes, rather naturally, that Izuku had it all along. That he was never actually quirkless, that he was just pretending to be, lying to everyone, including him. Oh, Bakugo explodes, as you see him do in canon, marching up right to Izuku in the middle of class, only to need to be with strained by Aizawa.

And this forms the bases of his relationship with Deku for most of the first season or two.
Now for something definitely on topic, given the circumstances of us getting a quirk here, we actually stand a good chance of having a better relationship with Bakugo than in canon. Note, "Chance", narrative, the player base, and many other things can end up driving us away from that, but if we do want a healthy relationship with him, we seem to be on more fertile ground than canon.

Definitely excited to get into some of these events as well.

I will say this much to start off with, The rest will have to wait until probably tomorrow because of my law class tonight...

But your Quirk Counselor is someone that Izuku knows of.

She's also among the 92 members of the top 100 that Izuku has not gotten a signature from.

Back