Then it becomes an issue for the organizers really. Do they not allow us to participate because we are suddenly no longer scrub level opponents? Or do they let us go in and bill us as a dark horse candidate for the fights? If they insist we participate, then it becomes whether or not they can stop whatever zoid we bond with from going with us. I mean, do you really want to try and stop a determined Berserk Fury from going into a fight in the middle of a city? That's a recipe for an unmitigated disaster, it'd be easier and safer to just let us go into the tournament with it in that case.
Trying to force the issue with a big stick only works when you have the biggest stick around, and this place is currently filled with high end machines and ace pilots, of which even in the best case scenario we'd only have the Zoid. And that's besides the point. We're only signed up for the events that we're not supposed to win, and for those they're going to giving us a junker destined for the scrapheap anyway. They wouldn't let us in with our own Zoid for those, and if we press the issue they'll just drop us. They drop us then we get no quick money, which is the whole point of doing this.
I know nothing about Zoids except from the images I'm seeing Liger Zero looks Rad as Hell and I want it so bad.
Liger Zero already had a whole show to himself. If we go this route, I vote for Berserk Fury.

Trying to force the issue with a big stick only works when you have the biggest stick around, and this place is currently filled with high end machines and ace pilots, of which even in the best case scenario we'd only have the Zoid. And that's besides the point. We're only signed up for the events that we're not supposed to win, and for those they're going to giving us a junker destined for the scrapheap anyway. They wouldn't let us in with our own Zoid for those, and if we press the issue they'll just drop us. They drop us then we get no quick money, which is the whole point of doing this.
I think they have a case of "protaganist-itis" and are under the impression that since we're controlling the MC we're going to have a rare and powerful zoid fall into our lap instead of, y'know, having to work for it.
Liger Zero already had a whole show to himself. If we go this route, I vote for Berserk Fury.
I still say Brastle Tiger or some other Zoid that's never been a main protagonist or antagonist.

Last edited:
You really think a bunch of infantry are going to stop a zoid from getting us in the cockpit if it wants us there? And if they tried to stop us violently said zoid would almost certainly get violent in retaliation.

You really think that they haven't locked the Zoids down hard already? Shit, I mean there's a Fury and a Zero within spitting distance of each other. That they haven't already started causing problems should tell you somethings up.

I think they have a case of "protaganist-itis" and are under the impression that since we're controlling the MC we're going to have a rare and powerful zoid fall into our lap instead of, y'know, having to work for it.
No it's a case of 'aim high'. If we don't even investigate it we'll never know if it was even possible in the first place. Worst result is pretty much that we get no reaction out of it (ignoring the possibility of a Bad End situation of course.) so why not see if it's possible? A rare zoid may not just 'fall into our lap' but even possibilities are something worth investigating if they don't cut into critical activities given that we're looking for safety nets against being cut up.
That sounds like you're saying you don't want to see what happens when you try to stick an Organoid in a Berserk Fury.
I definitely do want to see what happens in such a situation, though I think Raven did it in the Manga for CC.
You really think that they haven't locked the Zoids down hard already? Shit, I mean there's a Fury and a Zero within spitting distance of each other. That they haven't already started causing problems should tell you somethings up.
That's actually a very good point that hadn't been raised yet and one that I honestly don't have a response to.

I still say Brastle Tiger or some other Zoid that's never been a main protagonist or antagonist.
I'm all for non liger or T-Rex Zoid. To be frank they bore me as they are all the big deal Zoids in shows. While I would like insect Zoid ideally I would not mind Brastle Tiger on the account of it not being a Liger.

Would also be awesome if we got Rev Raptor (I know what! That's a mook Zoid!) as there was a quest Zoids: The Long War where we piloted one and boy was it satisfying to take down Shield Liger using what others thought a cannon fodder.

Last edited:
Would also be awesome if we got Rev Raptor (I know what! That's a mook Zoid!) as there was a quest Zoids: The Long War where we piloted one and boy was it satisfying to take down Shield Liger using what others thought a cannon fodder.
A Rev Raptor wouldn't be bad, but don't those rely heavily on numbers and teamwork to be effective? We're really sort on friends at the moment, and even if we got a bunch of them to work autonomously with our special Zoid whispering skills, mantaining that many would be expensive.

Mine even if we could make that work, I would still vastly prefer a Berserk Fury in any case. We have an edge when it comes to getting Zoids to work with us, and a charged particle cannon is never something to turn your nose up at.

A Rev Raptor wouldn't be bad, but don't those rely heavily on numbers and teamwork to be effective? We're really sort on friends at the moment, and even if we got a bunch of them to work autonomously with our special Zoid whispering skills, maintaining that many would be expensive.

Mine even if we could make that work, I would still vastly prefer a Berserk Fury in any case. We have an edge when it comes to getting Zoids to work with us, and a charged particle cannon is never something to turn your nose up at.
Rev Raptor is lightly armored agility based close combat Zoid. That by its very nature being fast and small benefits a lot by teamwork just like any other fast and small CQC Zoid (I know it has guns according to lore I also know that they are there only because when making it the designers boss said it needs to also have long-range capability in addition to CQC so designers just threw their hands in the air and just mounted slightly sub-par light machine gun to it). Though not really necessary if it closes in on you unless your another CQC spec Zoid or just close 100% armor your probably dead. As it dances around you good.

I just think particle canon is just bit much for starter Zoid.

Last edited:
By the way, I'm the only one that's still wondering about those 2 extra settings in the tittle? I wonder what other worlds are combine with the Zoids one.

Man, can you guys imagine the kind of damage an Organoid-boosted Elephander could dish out?

That thing has some good daka easly more than Dibison.
Plus with the trunk's reach and mobility, getting in close is a very bad prospect. You just have to have weapons that can cover the flanks and rear. Couple that with the shield system and the modified energy blade/shield setup from the Command setup, the long-range punch of the missile launchers and a gattling unit on a variable turret like the Shadow Fox, and it's a monster to deal with at anything less than absolute long range.

Plus in the NCZ anime, the Elephander basically never gets a win, either due to outside interference or because of the pilot pulling back. I'd like to change that if possible.

Last edited:
Plus with the trunk's reach and mobility, getting in close is a very bad prospect. You just have to have weapons that can cover the flanks and rear. Couple that with the shield system and the modified energy blade/shield setup from the Command setup, the long-range punch of the missile launchers and a gattling unit on a variable turret like the Shadow Fox, and it's a monster to deal with at anything less than absolute long range.

Plus in the NCZ anime, the Elephander basically never gets a win, either due to outside interference or because of the pilot pulling back. I'd like to change that if possible.

To be fair, in Zoids VS II/Zoids Battle Legends, the Elephander lived up to the hype of being a monster.
Too bad a single Rev Raptor could absolutely shred just about anything short of a Death Stinger, Mad Thunder, Ultrasaurus, or Death Saurer in that game.

I see I'm not the only one that has seen true potential of Rev Raptor.
Yeah, Rev Raptor, Blade Liger, and Liger Zero Schneider were three of the most OP Zoids you could get outside of the Bosses.
I think there were some other Zoids with a built-in blade weapon like theirs, but I don't remember right now and can't really start up the game to check immediately due to pre-existing obligations I have to attend to. (gotta help a few friends in a game.)
and the only ranged weapons worth using for most zoids are either built-in(like the Berserk Fury's non-CPC guns), the Weapon Binder, the DSR(non-sniping variant), or a shitton of Missile Pods if you're playing a Gojulas.

EDIT: Admittedly, using a Rev Raptor was a hell of a gamble, since a few good hits and you'd be toast. all that speed and power comes at the cost of keeling over to a stiff breeze. and with how jank the game was at times, you'd be all but guaranteed to take at least one or two good hits in most fights. especially against Liger and Kong type enemies...

Last edited:
Yeah, Rev Raptor, Blade Liger, and Liger Zero Schneider were three of the most OP Zoids you could get outside of the Bosses.
I think there were some other Zoids with a built-in blade weapon like theirs, but I don't remember right now and can't really start up the game to check immediately due to pre-existing obligations I have to attend to. (gotta help a few friends in a game.)
and the only ranged weapons worth using for most zoids are either built-in(like the Berserk Fury's non-CPC guns), the Weapon Binder, the DSR(non-sniping variant), or a shitton of Missile Pods if you're playing a Gojulas.

EDIT: Admittedly, using a Rev Raptor was a hell of a gamble, since a few good hits and you'd be toast. all that speed and power comes at the cost of keeling over to a stiff breeze. and with how jank the game was at times, you'd be all but guaranteed to take at least one or two good hits in most fights. especially against Liger and Kong type enemies...
Yea raptor is light on armor admittedly. Its one of the reasons why in The Long War quest our PC was a bit of a blood knight. You have to be a certain type of crazy to utilize them to full potential because its armor being so light and all.

Last edited:
Yea raptor is light on armor admittedly. Its one of the reasons why in The Long War quest our PC was a bit of a blood knight. You have to be a certain type of crazy to utilize them to full potential because its armor being so light and all.
Yeah, you really have to be the speed demon type of pilot to properly use a Rev Raptor. and at current it doesn't seem like our girl Nova is that sort thus far.

An Ancient as a Modern Gladiator Day 0.5
You take a deep breath before joining the line for an exhibit. This will be fine. Just fine. You're fine. This is not a problem. It is likely just some old rocks with some markings on it.

When you enter, you get goosebumps and it feels like the room just dropped at least 10 degrees. But maybe they like to keep the exhibits cool?

The first thing you spot is a display in the center. It's a large tank with a Zoid core floating in it. It's about twice the size of a normal core, misshapen, and covered with cracks but it seems to hum with life… The way it moves slightly in the tank almost makes it look like it's beating... A̸̯͑f̷͖̽ṭ̷͘ẹ̸̉r̷͑͜ ̴̝͊a̵͐ͅl̶͖͘ĺ̴̯,̸͙̍ ̵̠͛w̴̑͜ĥ̷̗á̸̪t̴͕̍ ̵̗͠c̵̮̔ö̴̩́ũ̶ͅl̵̥͝d̷̗̾ ̶̠̆k̵͍̂i̷͉͐l̸͕͝l̶͈͝ ̴̪̑d̴̳͐ê̷̢a̴͎͗t̷̨̚h̴͖͛?̶͍̚
After all, what could kill death?

Ỉ̸̘ţ̶̄ ̵̺̂c̴̖͛a̵̧̐ḽ̷͋l̴̹̃s̷̺̈́ ̴̟̓o̷͂ͅŭ̵̬ṯ̸̈ ̵̱̚ṭ̵͂ơ̷̦ ̸̬͌t̴̪̀h̶̛͇e̴̿ͅ ̶̈́ͅb̴̜͝l̸̥̆o̸͚͂o̴̙͆d̴͕̂ ̸̲̈́ȏ̷̞f̷̣̈́ ̸͉͌ǐ̴͉t̵̘̀ṡ̴̜ ̸̬͝m̷͕̒a̴̭̾k̸͎̽ȇ̷͙ř̶̦s̶͎̚.̴̠̏ You don't step any closer to it.
It calls to the blood of its makers.
Sticking closer to the walls you start to go over the other exhibits. Pictures of archaeological sites, tablets with untranslatable writing à̵̡b̴͖̆o̵͇͋ű̶̲t̸͍͆ ̵̱̋ẇ̴͙h̴̨͝é̵͎n̶̨̅ ̷̲͗t̷̝̅h̵̼̀ḙ̴̔ ̸͇̉h̵͜͝e̴̮͗a̷̬̅v̶̼̅e̴̹͝n̸̢̾s̴̱̓ ̸͚͌f̶̭͌e̷̙͝l̶̳̏l̸̺͛, etc. Much simpler to deal with. Nothing that seems to be so grave as a Zoid's ripped out heart... Your mind might be too morbid for these exhibits. O̴͇͑r̵̯̃ ̶̝̚n̴͐ͅo̴̠̔t̵̩̂ ̶̝̒ẃ̴̤i̸̪̋ḷ̶̂ĺ̸̞ḭ̷͋n̸̙͝g̶̝͐ ̵̺̄ṫ̸̲ö̵̲́ ̴͓̄k̷̜̚ȉ̷̱l̷̙̃l̶̖̚ ̷̙̏a̴͐ͅs̶͍̈ ̷̞͋i̸̢͑s̴̝̽ ̷̪̾n̶͔̾e̵̗̊c̷̨̒e̴̜̿s̴͕͐s̸̩̒a̵̬͆r̵̖͠y̴̰͆.̴̎ͅ
about when heavens fell. Or not willing to kill as is necessary.
You take a second to rub your eyes. You must have gotten dust or something in them. T̷̜͋h̴͈͑e̶̩̓ ̷̰̏a̸̲͠s̴͇͝ḧ̸̜́ḛ̶̅s̶̻͠ ̵̨̊ọ̵̍f̷̮͒ ̷̼͠t̶̗̏h̶͍̊e̸̪̿ ̴̧̀ō̶͍l̷̩̈́d̶̄ͅ ̶̺͘c̶̰͠ḁ̴̾ṉ̴̈́ ̷͍̚b̴̾ͅr̸͉̓į̸̀ṇ̶̕g̸͙͛ ̷̗̌ń̸͇ë̸̘́w̴͙͝ ̷̣̍l̵͓͑i̵̟̋f̸̖̏e̷͎̽.̴̗͂
The ashes of the old can bring new life.
The next display is going over a theoretical sound based weapon system. N̷͒͜ǫ̷̈ṯ̵̿ ̵̌͜ẗ̴͜h̴͇̅ë̴̙́ö̵̡́r̷̜͛e̶͔̿ț̸̔ḯ̸̻č̷̩a̵̛͚l̶̳̕,̸̼͆ ̵͍̽f̵̙̂o̷̜̕r̴͍̎g̴͕͑ő̴͙t̵̛̰t̷̳͌e̴͍͛n̷͉͋.̵͈̈ A Zoid's roar is really just for show. It might have some effect in the wild, but only a rookie lets themselves get spooked by one. You know your mother would only laugh if you ever made that mistake. But they apparently found a case where it was taken to a whole different level. Where sound waves could tear armor apart. Resonance frequencies are a thing. But a Zoid's armor isn't just one material and there would be so much interference in a battle. Plus armor differs heavily between models of Zoids. A sound weapon strong enough to effect not only one specific enemy Zoid seems like it would require too much fine-tuning and power to be practical. The idea it could be used against a large number, just sounds ridiculous. Ṳ̸̎n̶͙̐͘l̵̤͘e̶̜̎̃s̷̥̟̾̏s̶͈̩͗́ ̷̢̙̽i̶̛͈͝ț̸͋ ̵͇͝w̸̖̒̐a̴͚̻̽͛s̸͕͎͘͝ ̸̠͖̇t̵̼͒͘h̵̲̹̊e̵̬̙̓͐ ̸̢͓́́c̷̢͊r̷̮͐͆ͅẙ̶̬ ̵̖̥͛̚o̷̱͝f̴̹̞̅ ̴̩̈̈́a̵̛̭̳ ̴̳͛g̵̖̘̈́͂o̴̫̔d̵̞̭͝ ̶̤̿ö̴͚͚́r̶̜̳̒ ̵͕̃͝k̶͛͜i̵̩̺͊n̷̗̐̃g̵̺̈́.̵̠͚͆
Not theoretical, forgotten. Unless it was the cry of a god or king.
There's various metal samples. Some just fragments, warped and broken off pieces of armor plating, but there are also large chunks of ore. D̴̡̒͠ë̷͕́͝ȏ̵̗͑c̷͈͛h̵̻̹̽̍a̵̼̮͊ḻ̸̊ć̸̩̟u̶̘̻̓̋m̷̩͆͝. In a few cases they instead have crystals. M̴̺̱̈́ȁ̸̬̉g̸̬̃ǹ̶̳i̶̹̳͊t̵̩͆ĕ̷̺͝. A lot of writing on the improvements these materials yield either in terms of armor strength and durability, power output, or something else. Most are tied to the construction of what Zoids or other machines were found in pieces nearby. A lot of it looks like guesswork. Y̷̙̆ǒ̶̙u̸͖͇̒ ̴͇̹͛c̵̮̬̓͒o̷̞͕̓͛ȗ̶̪̲l̴̗̔̓d̷̹̏͠ ̴̗͊͒d̶̡̾ǒ̸̜̳ ̸̮̂b̷͇̑e̶͉̱͊t̷̤͘ͅṱ̶̄̆ͅe̵̞̲̒ȓ̸͉,̴̺̍̾ ̸̪̌́c̷͑͜o̷̡͎͛͒u̷̮̐l̵̻̬͝d̶͙́n̵̝̏'̶̖́̌ţ̸̣̀ ̵̛̪́y̴͕̍ö̶̟̍ǔ̸̹̕?̵̬̑ There's a few accounts of some finds having broken the excavation equipment that uncovered it. T̸̪̠̉͌h̶͚͙̐ę̷̣͑ ̸͉̿̕d̷͓̼̋̔e̴͔̓a̸̳͊d̶̺̹͊ ̷̝͋͋ẁ̷̛̘͜ö̴̝r̴͔̅l̶̮̮̔d̴͕̘̐̓ ̴̭͙̋̔b̸̺̫̿̕r̷̙̙͌ọ̸̚u̴̩̚g̸͙͛͆h̶̖͚͑̈́ṱ̶̓̋ ̸̝̗͑̑ĝ̷̦͛î̵̺f̸̜͠t̸̡̉s̶̪̎̈́.̸̖͊́
Deochalcum. Magnite. You could do better, couldn't you? The dead world brought gifts.
Pieces of Zoids are hung from the wall next. A drill far larger than what you'd use in construction, a wing larger than most flight capable Zoids, a lower half of a jaw that looks like it could swallow a Zoid whole. Each of these mangled limbs takes up a wall and draws a crowd. They'd of been the first thing you'd of noticed if not for the warped core. B̵̥̔u̷̫͔̔̿t̸̨̀ ̶̣̭̉t̸̮̯́͑h̸̢̓̚ḭ̷́ś̵̤͇ ̸͜͝m̶̗̍a̷̞͕͝d̷̪͒͜,̴̛̣̹ ̶͈̫́͆t̷̪͊͂h̵̺̔ì̴̫̫s̷͚̤̿ ̵͈͆h̶̛̝̕y̷̩̿̉ͅb̶̧̼̊r̶̡̾͝ị̷͆ḍ̶͚̂͒,̶̼̿͛ ̷̼̋á̴͍͝ń̷͔̊d̵̛͙́ ̴͇̼̄ț̴̕h̸͔͍̽͆ḯ̷̝̱̃ṣ̷̖͗̃ ̵͉̈́d̷̯̕͘ȓ̸̦̖a̸̜̓g̴͚̥̃ŏ̴̼̇ñ̷̯̙ ̵͎̓̓p̵̬̰̑́á̴̘̬l̷̬̎̽e̶̦͕̒ ̷̟̼̀̇ǐ̴͉͙̊ṉ̷̓ ̵͇͆̑c̵͔̐̿ǫ̶͎̏͘m̴̱̔p̴̯̼̽͐ạ̴̟̾r̷̺͎̀i̵̺͗s̴̳͔̍o̶͕͑n̸̤̕ ̷͇̓͝t̶̫̣̑o̴̞̙͠ ̴̨̔̍t̸̬͉̿͒r̵̨̫͠ư̴̺͕͛e̶̠̺͛ ̶̤̈́d̸̤̂͛e̴͔̾̋a̷̲̋́ͅt̶̖̠̑h̷̟̿̇.̸̲̮̇
But this mad, this hybrid, and this dragon pale in comparison to true death.
You need to clear your head. Focus on the plaques more than the relic for a second. Read over the acknowledgements. Ȏ̵̳͝f̸̧̗̅ ̸̰͋t̸͓̀͐ḩ̵̬͆ę̷̓͊͜ ̷̫́̉͜p̴̡͑̕ͅe̶̯͕̽õ̵̡̘p̵̩̾l̶̖̈́̎e̶͎̼͝ ̴̞͉̚r̷̛̟̭o̵̟̓b̵̭̂̊͜b̵͖̯͝ḭ̷̻̿n̷̟̆̒g̶͚̎ ̶̤̝̍ỳ̷̮̥͝o̴͎̍͗u̴̯̽ͅ ̶̼̉̽ò̷̤f̵͉͌͜ ̸̣̗̒͠ý̶̰͈̇o̶̫͉̅̽ǘ̶̽ͅr̷͎̋̈́ ̴̢̍͌l̸̡̘̉ẹ̶̺̚g̸͚̍̈ȧ̷̢̹͝c̵̡̈́̅y̸̢̺͒.̸͂ͅ
Of the people robbing you of your legacy.
Huh. You're realizing almost all of these finds were unearthed in Nyx though the Helic Republic has been claiming ownership. T̸̟̽̍o̴̹̹̅̇ ̵̈́́͜t̸͇͓̾̋ḣ̷ͅe̵̦͋́ ̵͓̟̾v̸̦̒͛i̶̛̲͘c̷̗̈́ṯ̴͖̔ō̸̠̫r̴̦̬̽̓,̸̪̰͐ ̸̡̉t̸̙̕h̵̼̺̀̌e̸͙̝͗ ̶͖͇̒͐s̴̘̙͌̅p̴̞̯͊ỏ̴̲̀ͅị̷̡̉̍ḻ̵͐s̶̞̱̽.̴̩͒͋ ̷̢̊ ̵̟̲͗͌Ẽ̸̘̭ṉ̴̥́e̴̟̒͛m̶͎̎ḭ̵̐e̴̪͓̊̃s̵͈̒ ̸̳͓̅ė̵̤̲i̸̡̺͝t̵̠̄ḣ̵͓͍e̸͔͐r̴̪͔̃͋ ̵̣̀́g̸̛͈ọ̵͐̍ ̶͍̱͒͐t̷͎̍̿ö̶̲͉͝ ̵̜̍͗t̴̝̤̽h̵̞̐̔ḛ̵̯̔ ̷̭͐g̷̈̉ͅr̶͉̱̈́ą̸͔͒v̸͈̜́e̴͓̓͌ ̴̞̺̏ó̵̝̥ṟ̶̳̏̎ ̸͍̺̒w̵̦̚i̴̜̒̔t̶̯́̀h̴̰̠͆͠ ̵̲͎̄̏t̸͍̀h̴̩̔e̶̘̚ ̵̘̀w̵̩͔̒i̵̫̋́n̸̥͎̈n̶̚ͅe̶̮̝̎ř̷̛̮ ̸̱͚̀̇i̸̮̩̓͑n̴̟̉ ̴̤̥͒͝c̶͔͍̽̎h̵̦̳͆å̷̡i̶̟͌̉n̶̜̑s̷̡͊.̷͎͚̈́̎ Just how much fighting happened on this continent?
To the victor, the spoils. Enemies either go to the grave or with the winner in chains.
E̵̟̿ņ̶̉ọ̷̀ú̷͙g̷̜̓ḥ̴̀ ̵̲̎f̴͈̍o̵̙̒r̷̰͋ ̷̮̚t̵̠͛h̷̺̎e̴̡͒ ̴̣̓s̸̫͂k̵̯̔y̵͙͂ ̴͇́t̶̺̑ŏ̵̩ ̴̼̆f̴̤͝a̶̺͛ḻ̶͘l̷̖̀ ̷̦̌a̴̪͛n̶̍͜d̸̓ͅ ̵͖̇b̴̪̍ų̶͐r̴̠̐n̷̟̄ ̷̡̃t̴̹̂h̷͍̆e̴͙͝ ̸͖͂g̸͍͑r̶̫͝o̶̝̎ư̷̭n̶̫̄d̸̤̍ ̶͔͐ẗ̵̥o̷̧̓ ̴̞̾t̵̘̾r̵̺̈́y̵̰̋ ̶̻͂a̶͓͆n̷̼͐d̸̪̈́ ̵̠͘ë̵̝́n̸̦̍d̷̼̕ ̶̹͌i̵̧͌t̴͎͌.̴̪̽
Enough for the sky to fall and burn the ground to try and end it.
… More cores. T̷̝͝ḫ̴́ȅ̴̺y̴̧̿ ̶̗̊s̵̻̓e̵̖͛e̸̩͊k̵͖̀ ̷̝͘h̴̤̋e̷̡̾l̸͍̐p̴͖̀ ̶̹̕w̴̲̽į̴̑ț̶̆ḧ̸̘́ ̴̤́t̸̼̔h̴̫̓e̸̝͠i̴̩͛r̸̝̂ ̶̗͝è̶̬n̵͎̏e̴̟͝m̵̞̀í̴̘e̶̲͂ŝ̷̪.̴̢̅ But these cores are more broken. Cracked and fragmenting, frozen as they spilled open. Y̷̲̕ȏ̶̢u̴͎͘ ̷̢̄w̷̩̆i̵͎̕l̴̹̅l̶͎̅ ̶̝̾h̸̛̳e̴̜̔ĺ̴͜p̷̛̘ ̴͇͝ũ̶̜s̵̢̎,̴͕̋ ̸̹̄w̵̙̓ǫ̸̕n̵̫͗'̵͍͌t̸͊͜ ̷͎͠y̵̫̒o̷͕̕ǘ̴̺?̵̛̗ A shell is put in a case by its own. One was not pierced or melted or blown to bits but flattened. O̶̬͘n̷̊͜l̶̓ͅỹ̸̲ ̷̟͆y̸̢͑ò̶̖ṳ̵͐ ̴̥̌ċ̶̤ạ̸̑n̷͈͝.̶̍͜ You feel a slight chill going over them. T̵̨͘h̴̟̕e̴̞̔y̴͔̌ ̷̼̀r̵̦̉ë̶̦ä̷͖́c̶̜̊h̸̬̾ ̴̯̅ò̷̝ǔ̸̖t̴̀͜ ̸͉͝s̸̪̏e̶̬̔e̵̦̐k̶̲͋į̵͐n̶̬̈g̴̙͝ ̴͈̆l̶͈̾i̵̜͑f̴̰̈́e̶̙̽ ̵̤̃ǒ̶̫ń̶̙c̸̡̓e̸̡̍ ̴̠͠m̷͖͠ȍ̷̦r̸͈̃ḙ̵̽.̵̧͠ It seems in really bad taste to have a dead core out on display like this. It just feels wrong. Like someone dug up a grave. B̸̟͊e̷̦̚c̶͎͊a̴̝͠u̶̖͗s̶̮͒e̵͖͐ ̵͎̓ț̸̕h̴̢͗e̶͈̕y̵͓̽ ̴͓̋d̸̹͐i̶̹̊d̵̙̏.̷̝̈́
They seek help with their enemies. You will help us, won't you? Only you can. They reach out seeking life once more. Because they did.
Past the section of cores are pieces of a gun, ammo shells, and various diagrams. Theoretical gravity manipulating weaponry. A weapon that sounds even more insane and deadly than charged particle cannons... A̸͖͌ņ̸̾ḓ̷͐ ̷͕̆i̸̛̗t̶̹̆ ̸͖͝w̷̫̾a̸̧͝s̴͉͂ ̴̀ͅu̴̎ͅs̷͇͝e̸̫͘d̸̘̔ ̵͎͠m̴̟͆o̶͙̒ṟ̴̌e̶͔͗ ̵͕̅t̶̺̿h̴̳̎a̵̦̋n̵̲͛ ̶̣̀i̶͚̕t̵̲͠ ̸̨̆e̵̪͆v̴͓̓ē̸͎r̶͖̋ ̴͙͝s̸͈̔h̴̭̓o̷̦͌ṳ̸͗l̵̆ͅd̸͕̊ ̵͓̑h̶̥̆a̴̝͛v̵̱̈́e̸̱͆ ̶̢̈́b̴̪͊e̶̠͋e̸̺̒n̴͙͗.̴͖͝ Why would someone want that? B̷̠̊ë̵̳́c̵̟͋a̶̙͛ŭ̶͇s̵͕̓e̸͉̿ ̶͈̽w̵̙̄h̷͇͑e̷̝͆ṅ̴̥ ̴̛͉y̵̝͑ó̵̢u̶̡͗ ̸͉͗r̸͛͜ȇ̶̝a̸͉̒l̴͚̈l̸̝̆y̴̳̏ ̴͈̈́w̸͠ͅa̸̗͘n̶̟͌t̶̫̔ ̵̛̥ÿ̷̮́ō̴̼u̶̯͂r̷̙͠ ̴͔̂ë̶͚́n̵͍̑e̸̻͠ṁ̴̧y̷̖͠ ̴̳̄t̴̤̏o̷̜͐ ̷̹̍d̵̡̍ï̵̜e̴̛̖,̵̪͠ ̵̼̃s̷̮̾o̴͖͠ ̸͙̈́t̴͇̄ǫ̸͒o̵̬͝ ̶̮̿c̶̗̍a̶̩̾ñ̷͚ ̷̻͊t̴̻̒h̵̗͌ë̷͎ ̸̔͜r̶͚̈e̷̠̿s̴͔̚t̶̞̕ ̵̢͝o̶̠̕f̶̼̾ ̴̉͜t̷̳̿h̵͚̐e̸̱̒ ̵̬͗w̴͖̎o̸͍̍r̶̜͝l̴͚̏d̵̙͊.̷̞͆
And it was used more than it ever should have been. Because when you really want your enemy to die, so too can the rest of the world.
W̵̱̃e̶̟͛ ̶̗̈́f̴̲̓ē̸͎ȃ̵̖ȑ̷̰ ̵̢̚t̴͉́h̸̝̑ȇ̵̫ ̴̬̈s̷̢̑t̶͖͝ä̷̙́l̶͍͝k̸̯͑i̷̲̓n̵̼̊g̶͉̐ ̵̬́c̴͖̊a̵̡̛t̵̨̿ ̸̠̆a̸̖̍s̸̄ͅ ̴̫̆ǧ̸̜r̸̫̐e̸̻̕a̶̳̍t̷̜̔l̶͎̚y̷̫̿ ̵̧̀å̶̯s̶͈̿ ̸̜̎a̶̛̳n̷͉͌y̷̙͝ ̵̥̅r̵͈̕e̵̳̿p̵̳̑ẗ̶́͜i̴̹̒l̸̘͋i̶̢͛a̶͍̍ṇ̵͊ ̸̱̃b̷͓̏ĕ̸̖ä̸̜́s̶̖̈́ṫ̸̥.̵̝̋
We fear the stalking cat as greatly as any reptilian beast.
Ť̷͉ḩ̵̋ę̵̿ ̴̪̊ę̴͠n̴͉͗e̶̺͝m̶̪̑y̶͎̚ ̵̳̚s̷̪̀t̴̤̓i̴͇͆l̶̜̓l̸̨̋ ̷̡̀l̶̈́͜i̶̝̓ṿ̶͗e̶̻͗ṣ̴͑.̴̡̀ You clutch your forehead. S̷̭̚l̶͍̍å̵̺ỷ̴̞ ̵͕̎t̷͎̽h̶̻͑é̸̥m̸̩̍.̵̣̆ Your head is pounding. K̸̭̚i̴͖͝ḷ̴̔l̷̘̒ ̵̮͠t̶̳̉h̸̠́e̸͙͒m̷̳̾.̵̯̓
The enemy still lives. Slay them. Kill them.
Another core. Ancient but pristine. Barely a scratch on it. It stays still in its case. O̴̢̿u̶͓͗r̸͓͋ ̷̦̅e̵̮̍ň̴ͅe̶̪͑m̵̠̚ý̶̤ ̵̻́i̵̼̎s̶̢̊ ̷͉̉w̸̧̚a̷͍̒ḯ̵̞t̸̪͛ì̸̖ņ̵̎g̸̫̉.̸̡̚ You hear it. W̴̼͒ȅ̶͜ ̵̺̑w̵̨͒ȋ̷̡l̸̢͠l̸̞̒ ̷̭͆r̸͕͂i̸̩̊s̸̻̓e̴̬͂ ̷̬̓b̵̲̀e̴͕͐f̷̀͜ō̵̼r̵̮͛ḙ̵̀ ̴̩̿ĭ̸͔t̴̬͂ ̷̡́r̵̚ͅe̶̬͋t̶͍͠ų̴̾ŗ̶̊ņ̷̍s̶̳͊.̸̠̿ It is one of a set. B̸̲̓ę̶͐ŵ̴̟ḁ̴͠r̶͖̃ę̷̋ ̶͈̐w̴͕̓h̸͎͝a̵̖͐t̷̘̓ ̷̳̅c̵̩̎o̴̥̊m̷̬͌ę̶̀s̷͍̐ ̶̙͆w̸̡͗i̷̾ͅṭ̶̾h̸̠͑ ̷̩̈́t̵̲͂h̶͉͋e̶̳͛ ̶̣̄ẹ̸́c̸̨̔ĺ̴͇i̴̛̬p̷̜̈ś̴̩ḛ̷̎s̸̹͑.̵̥͝ ̴̪̔ ̷͙̈́W̴͎͋e̷̗͋ ̶̥̍c̸̩͛à̴̭ņ̵̈́n̶̖̉ò̴͇t̴͈̂ ̶̯̀a̶͈͘f̶̘͊f̵̺̓ŏ̷͓r̶̛̞d̵̫̓ ̷͉̊ẁ̶̨h̶̞̉a̶̮͛t̶͓͊ ̸̜̔ĥ̵̡â̸̪p̷̺̈́p̸̰̆e̶̝͌ṇ̸̆s̵͚̾ ̷̣̾ỉ̸̻f̷͎̎ ̸̦̕ȃ̸̤n̸̞̄o̸̯̕t̴̻͋h̶͇͆e̶̗̓r̷̞̒ ̶̩̎ḿ̵͖o̷͖̍o̸̰͂ñ̵̝ ̷̧̚d̸̟͛ö̷̤́e̴͔͐s̴̝͋ ̵͔͆f̸̮͂a̵̧͋l̴͔͛l̷̲̄.̶̪̄
Our enemy is waiting. We will rise before it returns. Beware what comes with the eclipses. We cannot afford what happens if another moon does fall.
A dismembered wing is next. I̷̭̓ ̸̭̈w̶̫̆ō̷̹ȗ̶̯ḷ̸̕d̵̛̟ ̸̣̅d̸̙̉ĭ̴̬e̶̯̍ ̷̡͝r̵̯̽ä̴̲́t̷͓̀ḧ̵͓́ẹ̶͠r̷͔̈ ̸̪̉t̴̟͌h̴̜͝ă̴̭ṅ̴̯ ̸͈̀ǎ̵̝l̶͖̒ḷ̶̚o̷͖̅ẇ̵̙ ̴͈́m̶̬͘ỳ̵̺ ̷͇̉e̸͎̎n̴̗͆è̵͙m̴̙͆ý̵͇ ̵̢̛t̸̺͛ȍ̷̬ ̴͔́l̶̮͛ȋ̴͖v̷̛̥e̷̫͗.̶̩̾ It has various smaller fragments of similar looking metal and some type of horn beside it. Ŏ̸̙n̴̤͊c̵̗̚ë̴̗ ̷̝͘n̴̪̆õ̶̢w̷̺̐ ̷͓͐a̴̩̎l̴̪̾r̸͕͊ȩ̵͂ȁ̵̭d̴̢͗ỳ̸̞.̶̱͑
I would die rather than allow my enemy to live. One now already.
T̸͇̃h̷͚̐e̶̫͝y̵̜͂ ̵̠̀c̵̥̾ḁ̷́m̵̟̓e̴̬̒ ̵͈̇f̷̛͉r̸̙̈́ȏ̸̳m̵̛̖ ̵͖̀a̷̫͂ ̵̪̔d̷͕́e̴̪̎s̷̖̆t̶͍̅r̷̜̂o̷̞̕y̷̲͋e̷̡͌ḏ̶̚ ̸̗̃w̸͔͠ȯ̷͕r̷̖̈́l̵͇͐d̷̮̾ ̵̖͂ẁ̴̻h̵̼̃e̸̙̾r̷͕̒ḙ̶̀ ̸̞͝g̷̩̎ř̸͕e̶͔͋a̶͙̒t̶͕͘ ̶̻̿s̷̝̆a̵͚͒ĉ̸͇r̸͍̈́ḯ̴͖f̴͍̅i̷̜͂ĉ̴̻e̴̻͗ ̴̫̈́f̷͖̽ṳ̸͂ē̵̥l̵̢̾e̶̛͚d̵̼̎ ̷͚͊t̴̖̂h̷͚͌e̵̅͜ ̸͕̒l̷͎̎ȋ̴̙g̶͔̚h̸̓ͅt̸̤͊ ̷̤̿i̴̗͛n̷͚͝ ̷̧̔t̵͓͘h̷̆ͅe̶̖̍ ̷̗̈́f̷͎̓i̷̝͐n̶̲̂a̶̝̚l̴̬̀ ̷͉̑ḣ̸̲ō̴̩ũ̶̞r̴̬͌.̶̙̓ An indecipherable set of stone tablets is next. B̶̨̏u̷͇̽t̴̜̓ ̷̜͋è̵͙v̴̺͑ẽ̷̠n̷̦̓ ̷͚̿ṯ̴̊h̵͓̕ạ̷̚t̵̛̯ ̷̗͒c̵͔͑ȯ̵̫ṳ̸̈́l̴̩̽d̷̰̂ ̵̳͋n̸̪̕ò̶̮t̶̠͘ ̶̢̒t̷̬͝ù̸͍ṟ̸̎ñ̴̹ ̷̪͝b̸̗͒a̷̦͠c̸̙͛k̴̡̛ ̶͓̌ẉ̷̎ḧ̸̞́a̷̗͒t̸͝ͅ ̷̜͆w̸̲͗a̸̜̎s̴͖̋ ̷̩͝w̷̲̋r̸̠̈́o̴̼̿ȗ̴̹g̶͓̐h̸͙̔t̸̤̂.̶̨̃ Ancient but nonsense. Ṯ̶̄h̸̛̞é̴͎i̴͓̊r̷͇̎ ̴̬̈́ṣ̷̋p̶̛͇ḛ̸̚c̴̲̒t̵̘̉ȅ̵͔r̴̲͐ ̴̠̒ǫ̷͑f̸̛̺ ̶͈̏d̵̖̃ă̵͇r̷̮̾k̴̯̄n̶̛̠e̴̤̽s̸͇͐s̸̹̉ ̸͓̕c̴̤͒å̸͎m̷̱̉e̷̢͋ ̵̥͋t̴̜̕o̴̩̕ ̴̩́j̵̠̔o̷͕̕i̶̗̇n̶͈̈ ̶͉̔o̴̺͛u̵̮̔r̴̗̓s̶̾͜.̸̫͊
They came from a destroyed world where great sacrifice fueled the light in the final hour. But even that could not turn back what was wrought. Their specter of darkness came to join ours.
T̵̨͇͉͙̊̈́́̚h̶̹̯̩̘̓e̸̱̙̤̾͝ý̴͎̯̑͋̕ ̵͓̼͌b̸̦͙̐̍̿͝ř̸̡͚̭̆̒͒ö̴̲̗̠ͅủ̶̞̟̺͜ǵ̴̪̕ͅh̷̦̲̱̿͘ț̷͕̮̈́̒̓ ̶̙͗̀͒ô̵̧̺̙͚̅̏n̸̩͙̳̯̈̏l̶̻͍̰̝͋̚y̷̒͂ͅ ̷̩̼̘̒̃͒͠ͅm̸̹̲͍͇͋̓̅o̷̲̩͊͒͐ṙ̶̡̨̫͑́͠ě̴̲̫͚̑ ̷͉͚́͋͝d̷̛̰̩̩̝̄̊̊e̷͉̓̽́ḁ̶̡̺̺̏̇̓̽t̴͔̹͍̎͘͝ẖ̴͔͉̠̋͑͆͘ ̴̱̫̈́̍͛͝à̸̖̜͔̹̂̎̓n̸̛̻̩d̵̦͎̫̻͗̑̾̚ ̵͉̈́̈́ḏ̸͇͋̚ë̵̜̙̯̹́̑̌̍s̴̞̲̀̓̊̾t̴̛͇̯̍̈́r̴̨͔̋͋̓͋ų̵͚̍̔̊͠c̸͕͐͊͛t̶͉̟͋̅̊͝í̷̞õ̸̙̅̚n̶͍̲̦̍͒̚͝.̷̫̥̝͛̀͒͝
They brought only more death and destruction.
The room seems to spin for a second. D̶͓́o̷͖͂ ̸̫̎n̶̳̕ŏ̷̦t̸̂͜ ̴̢̅l̵͎̒ḭ̴̋s̴͇̀ṫ̴͕e̶͎͂n̴͇͆ ̵̧̐t̷̽ͅo̷̢͒ ̴̹̏t̴̫̏h̸̗̓e̵̹͗ḿ̶̙.̴̞̋ ̷̩̕ ̸̰̍C̶̘̐o̸͍̎m̴̹̓e̷̠̔ ̶̣̐t̶͚̚o̸̹̓ ̸̻͝m̸̱̈e̵̹͒,̵̳̈́ ̷̯͋c̷̬̍h̸̬̊į̸̏l̵̳̿d̸̙͋.̸̫̉ You're pushed forward. G̵͓̈r̶̡̀ë̸̼́a̵̫͂t̷͖̄n̷̝̑e̶̮̎ś̵͓s̶̡̐ ̵̨͑a̴̡͝w̶̡̾ă̴̟i̴͈̚t̷̛̯s̴͉̆ ̴̯͗ỵ̸̏o̴͓̾ụ̴̑.̵̼̏ ̸̼̈́ ̴͚̌Y̸̬͘ơ̷̯u̷̮̒r̷͔̆ ̸̧̽ḛ̵̾n̸͎̄ḙ̶̂m̸̻̿i̷͉͘e̸̬͑s̸̻̎ ̶͖͝w̸̹͝i̶͇̔l̵̦̿l̵̪̎ ̶̯͝l̷̤̔ả̸͜ÿ̴̺́ ̶̱̀å̶̠t̸̲̊ ̴̙̉y̴̢̔o̶͎͒u̶̠̐r̴͈̾ ̸̥̕f̸̲͆e̵̻̊é̸̲ṭ̶̾.̴̱̂ Room might be more crowded than you thought… Y̷̗̾ő̸̫ü̴̠r̵̫̒ ̸̢͊b̷͇̈́ľ̷̖o̵̧̔o̴͈̔ḏ̵́ ̶͎̆c̸̰̄ò̸̹u̷̲͌l̴̯͠d̶̥̃ ̸̩̽w̵̝̿a̷͕̍k̸̤̒e̶͔̊ ̵̨̕m̵̭̓ë̴̻́ ̸̞̅f̸̘̒r̸̨͆o̶̼͛m̷̭͆ ̶̝͝m̴̳͘y̵̜͒ ̸̯͋s̷̖̏l̷̲̑u̴̢͒m̴̗̐b̸͕̓ë̴͕r̷̨̈́ ̵̡̇ã̷̳n̵̯̊d̶̮̾ ̵̙͐f̷̛̮r̴̢̕é̶̟ě̷͍ ̸̩̽m̴͐ͅe̶̗̎.̴̊͜ Or were you pulled? W̴͍͋i̵̝̕l̵̢͛l̵̮̐ ̴̫̈́ÿ̶̡́ö̵̹́u̶̹̓ ̶̰̃n̶͔̏o̴̗͠t̵̟́ ̴̧̚s̶̡̊h̴̗̽ḁ̶̀r̸͎͠e̶̖͊ ̴̼̑i̶͚̾t̷̲͐?̵̗͗
Do not listen to them. Come to me, child. Greatness awaits you. Your enemies will lay at your feet. You blood could wake me from my slumber and free me. Will you not share it?

T̴̠̐ĥ̵̥e̸̫̒ ̷̝͑ȩ̵̓ñ̸͓ẽ̴̢m̴̬̓y̵̖̐ ̷̯̀į̵̕s̷̳̈́ ̶̲͗ē̶͖v̶͠ͅe̵̯̊r̷̬͗y̴̰̋ẘ̷͍h̶̨̀ê̸̱r̶̠͛e̷̜̍.̷̳͘ The enemy is everywhere.
̷̣̾Ȋ̵̢t̶̲̀ ̸͈̏ḧ̸͉á̶̗ṣ̵̓ ̷̖̍s̴̗̓p̸̰̀r̵̤͌e̸̪̐a̴̦͆d̵̯̒ ̷͙͒i̸̺͆t̸͕̒s̵̢̒e̵͗ͅl̸̞̑f̸̞͑ ̵̠̽a̷͕͋c̵̝̊ȑ̸̯o̸̱͝s̵̱̏s̶͝ͅ ̶̰̈Z̵̙̕i̵͒ͅ.̴̧̅ It has spread itself across Zi.
̴̱̉B̷̮̔ṷ̵͒t̷̮͝ ̷͉͘t̸͙͛ó̵̢g̷̭͌e̵̟̿t̶͓̽h̸̗̋e̸̟̊r̸͖̿ ̴͇́w̶̝̐e̴͖̅ ̶̞̊c̷͓͝a̴̢̔n̶̜͘ ̷̟͛t̴̳̎ḫ̷̿i̸̠͝n̶̲͑ ̷̹̍ï̷̪ț̸̓.̵̺͊ But together we can thin it.
̵͍̈́A̵̼̓ ̸̻̏g̶͇̓r̸̢͛é̶͇ả̸̜t̸̞̀ ̶͍̅h̷͙̉â̴̧r̵̡̚v̷̢̅e̸̫̚s̸̛̩t̸̝͂ ̷͙̆a̴̪̍w̷̗̔å̵͖i̵͉̒t̴͇̀s̶̼͂.̴͙̋ A great harvest awaits.

You're in front of the large tank and the larger core… S̸͕̾ḧ̵̹a̵̪͘t̵̲͘t̵̮͂ȇ̸̬r̶̨̓ ̵̬̓m̴͆͜y̶̓͜ ̵̰̈́c̶̺͊h̶͎̀a̵̮͠i̴̘̿n̴̥̎s̷̝͐ ̶͔̂ṱ̸̊ȯ̴̼ ̸̡̿b̴̜͌u̷̜̔r̶̹͝n̵̢͋ ̷̭̀y̷͖̅ǫ̴̎u̷͎̔r̵̫̓ ̴̯̿ȩ̵̿n̵̡͠ẽ̷̥m̶̧͠i̷̍ͅe̵̡͑s̶̜̔.̶̱̒
Shatter my chains to burn your enemies.

Ṡ̶̬p̴̪̑ḯ̷̮l̵̠̏l̵̬̇ ̴̲̅t̴̨͘ḧ̴̦e̶̡̛i̶͎͠r̵̖̂ ̷̥̓b̴͉̐l̷̻̕ó̶̻ǫ̵͠d̸̗͛.̶̙͋ ̴̮͝ ̴̛̝Ÿ̴̹ǒ̶̙u̷̗͝ ̵̮͊c̶̣͠ḁ̷́n̷͈̕ ̸̞̑n̸̥̆ė̷̹v̴͖̈́ẹ̵̔r̴̻͐ ̷̥̈́t̴̬͂h̴̨́ȓ̴̳i̷͓͒v̷͖̔ë̴́ͅ ̷̯͑i̷͖͌f̵̹̋ ̷̠͒t̷̰̓h̴̟̍e̷̛̙y̸͓̑ ̵̘̅s̸̹͑u̵̺͠r̷̬͊v̸̳̄i̸̹̽v̵͉̾e̸̡̕.̷͉̊
Spill their blood. You can never thrive if they survive.

W̵̡͌ě̸̘ ̷̪̈́ẁ̴̙i̸͕͆l̸͙̒l̸̡͊ ̸͉͒b̷̩͋ę̵̈́ ̴̱̋g̵̙͛r̵̻͒e̶͉̓ä̸͇́ẗ̴̙e̵̡̋r̸̲͗.̶̼̌
We will be greater.
T̵͕̒ẖ̴͂e̵͖̚ ̵̹͆ẅ̷̺́ó̶͚r̶̺̕l̸̼̚d̸͇͛ ̶̙̚ỉ̷̱s̶̻̅ ̵͚̏u̷̗͐n̵̻̾c̷̹͊l̷͇̀e̷̜͌ă̷̝n̶̜͠.̸̚͜
The world is unclean.
C̸̫̀l̸̬̂e̵̼͆a̴̡͒n̵͚͒s̵͇͐e̶̜̓ ̷̢̌ĭ̵̮t̸͙̑ ̸̩̓o̸̫̚f̶͙̐ ̶̼͌i̴̯͒t̵̼̐s̸̈́͜ ̶̳̒f̵̤͊ị̶͂l̸̺̓t̶̛͚h̸̺͘.̴͓̑
Cleanse it of filth.

... Your head burns. B̴͍̂u̵̯̇ŕ̸͜ņ̵̒ ̵͈̍t̷̪̎h̵̜̄ẹ̷̈́ḿ̷̥ ̷̳̉i̸͎͐n̷͚͝ ̵͖̈́m̸̗͊y̴̳͊ ̸̳͘s̷̹̅t̴̼̍ē̵̖ả̵̮ḑ̴̊.̷͙̀ ̸̗̕ ̶͚͛S̸̳̈́ĺ̷̢ả̸̦u̵̳̿g̷͉̅h̷̙̀t̶̗̀ȇ̷̗r̸̹̽ ̷̤̍t̴͎̾h̷̰̋ë̶̹́m̵̭̎ ̵͖̈á̸̲l̵͉̈́l̴̝͛.̸̦͌
Burn them in my stead. Slaughter them all.
T̷̬̽h̸̙͒e̴̥̿ȑ̸̞e̴͕̒ ̵̡̆a̸̞͊r̴̺̍e̴̫͘ ̸͕͝n̷̜̈́o̵͇̐ ̵̲̈́c̵̩̆h̷̗͋ḭ̵͝l̵͚̋d̵̰͝r̷͚͑e̷̘̚n̷̳̎ ̶͓͠b̵͕́ȅ̵̻f̸̝́ȍ̴̤ṙ̷͉e̸̲̓ ̸̠̚ù̷͚s̷̼̈,̷͙̋ ̸̗̍ȍ̶̢n̴̗̆l̸̳̀y̸̦̐ ̸̱͐m̴̯̏ȏ̷̟n̶̙͘s̴͉͒t̴͇̅e̷͙̅ȓ̶̞ś̷̭ ̴͙͊t̸̺̒h̶̪͆å̷̡ẗ̵̳́ ̸͓̔a̶̲̍r̴̝̈́e̶̡̕ ̴̻̊s̵̰̚t̴͎̒i̴̛̹l̵͙̓l̷̥͠ ̵̗͆w̸͖͗ȩ̸̅a̸͕͋k̸͙̓ ̸̧̀e̵̳̅n̸̳̅ó̴̙u̴͙͌g̶̖͝h̷̢͝ ̵̟̍t̴͓͝o̸͉̒ ̸̖̋s̶̰̓l̸̞̑ã̶͍ẙ̸̤.̷̭̉
There are no children before us, only monsters that still weak enough to slay.
F̴̲̀i̶̯̇ņ̷̊i̶̻͛s̵̡͠h̵̳̚ ̷͙̚ț̵̈h̴͕͒ė̵̜m̴̩̓ ̶͎͊l̷͠ͅe̸̢͝s̴̝͝t̵̗̂ ̷͓̇t̴̙̃ḧ̸̩́ĕ̷͙y̵̧͠ ̶͖̓t̶͓̃ṵ̴̽r̷̙͆n̴͓̿ ̷͈̒o̴̙̍n̷̹͐ ̶̩̆ū̵͕s̵̝̚.̵̩̋
Finish them lest they turn on us.

To whatever was dug up, the wars never ended.

Ÿ̴́͜o̴͔̔u̶̡͝ ̶͝ͅc̷͈͘a̵͖̓ň̷̳n̴̻̕ŏ̶̻t̴̘̉ ̵̻͝h̶̠̀ì̵̩d̵͔͐e̸̘̅ ̵̹́f̸̍ͅr̴̦̄o̴̢̊m̶̘͛ ̸̦̿û̷̬s̶̚ͅ.̴̥͌
You cannot hide from us.
Y̴̞͒o̴̬͒u̶̖͘r̸̲͝ ̶̗͋p̷̝͒ȏ̷̤w̴̻̋ë̸̲́r̷̖̉ ̴̗͆w̸͎̎i̶̦̿l̵̲̒ĺ̶̹ ̴̲̿b̸͙̒ë̷̬ ̶̰̑o̴͓̒ȗ̶̲r̸̩̿s̶̢̾.̶̨͂
Your power will be ours.
J̸̠̆ỏ̶̬i̶͂ͅn̵̥̈́ ̷͈͘ǔ̷͓s̸̭̿ ̵̘̍ọ̷͒ṙ̵̩ ̸͍͝y̴̘̕ö̵̦́ú̸̼ ̷̭͠w̷̥̔i̷͔͛ḻ̸̄ḽ̶̌ ̴͔̒s̷̗͗i̵͙̚m̶̛͙p̴̘̐l̸̛̳y̸̟̒ ̶̻̆b̸̮̅ė̶̠ ̷̢͊o̴̰͝u̸̱̅r̷̪͆ ̶̩̔f̷͈̒u̶̪̽e̴͖̓l̸̼̂.̷̳̍
Join us or you will simply be our fuel.
You're outside the showrooms and back on the streets the next thing you know. C̴͚̄ọ̷͗ẉ̵̀a̴̛̭r̷̛̝d̵͚͛.̵̬̈́
Coward.
… Maybe the walk to registration will help clear your head?

Y̵o̵u̸ ̸w̴i̵l̸l̴ ̸b̵e̸ ̸f̷o̷u̴n̶d̴.̷ ̶ ̵Y̴o̸u̴r̵ ̶b̶l̵o̴o̴d̵ ̵w̷i̵l̴l̶ ̴b̷e̷ ̴s̵p̴i̶l̶l̵e̶d̸.̶
You will be found. Your blood will be spilled.

There's a bit of a line when you arrive. A few desks are processing all the hired 'pilots.' After somewhere between fifteen and twenty minutes of waiting, you end up in front of one of the officials. An older man, balding and with deep bags under his eyes. Based off the empty cups you spot on his side of the desk, he must be on his fifth cup of coffee of the day... That or he doesn't throw out old cups.

"So... What will be your poison of choice? And please save me whatever sob story you have." He grumbles between sips of coffee. "I've heard em all before. Save em for one of the newbies, they're the only ones that might feign sympathy."

Right... Time to get this over with. "I'd like to sign up for a showcase tomorrow and the reenactment the following day."

"A double dosage? Braver than you look, I'll give you that." He starts flipping through some papers before handing them to you. "Now we still got openings in most of the showcase slots. Can't tell you more than what the company is, not risking breaching one of their NDA's. Would cost me more than my job. While they ain't all going to be happening at the same time, you can only sign up for one. We ain't going to bust our butts finding replacements on less than an hour's notice."

You look over the papers in front of you. Not too many details. A company name, the pay for the job, and what percentage of a hospital bill they are willing to cover provided you both get injured and modern medicine can do something for you. After looking them over you go for... (Choose one)

[ ] The first ZOITEC job. 10,000 and 80% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Low)
[ ] The second ZOITEC job 15,000 and 50% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Medium)
[ ] The first D-Herman Corporation job. 15,000 and 75% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Medium)
[ ] The second D-Herman Corporation job. 20,000 and 50% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Medium-High)
[ ] The first Zi-Arms job. 15,000 and 60% medical coverage. (Difficulty :Medium)
[ ] The second Zi-Arms job. 50,000 and 10% medical cover. (Difficulty : Very High)
[ ] The first Schubaltz Industries job. 20,000 and 50% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Medium-High)
[ ] The second Schubaltz Industries. 30,000 and 35% medical cover. (Difficulty : High)
[ ] The Helic Republic Military Science job. 75,000 and 25% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Extremely High)

When you finishing signing the paperwork for that, he takes out two new piles of forms. "Now, for the reenactment all the cavalry spots have been taken. So you ain't going to get the chance to represent the Helic Republic and come in to save the day. But we still got plenty of space for the Republic of Marroll forces being attacked and the Guylos Empire aggressors. Both of them pay fifteen 'k so not much of a difference to 'em. And no complain'n about the lack of Helic Republic spots. You'll just have to make a good show of it without a spotlight."

Looking over the two, doesn't seem like either are that great of a part. Either outnumbered and starting in a bad situation or part of a horde that gets built up only to be knocked down. Well, you have to pick one so might as well be... (Choose one)

[ ] Republic of Marroll. You'll get better options for a Zoid to start with and be able to stand out more if you survive until the 'cavalry' arrives. In exchange for this sampling of the spotlight, you'll have to deal with more attention and a lot more enemy fire.
[ ] Guylos Union. You'll start with a large number of allies so odds are you aren't going to be targeted right off the bat. You won't have much to worry about until the 'cavalry' arrives and doing well then could be even more impressive.

You hand over the second set of signed paperwork.

"Welp, pleasure doing business and best of luck survivin'n out there. Can't say I envy the guy that gets stuck with clean up after. Now as a reminder, if you ain't in condition to fight in the reenactment after your showcase and we need to find a replacement, well you won't be getting your pay for the reenactment to start. And if we need to offer a bonus to convince some idiot to try their luck in your stead, we'll be sending someone over to chat. So turn on the tears if you end up in a hospital bed and send someone our way so we don't have to spend too much time messing around, got it?"

Great. As if the threat of hospitalization wasn't worrying enough. You nod and leave. Well, might as well try to take your time and try to keep your mind off things before tomorrow. You do have this big city to explore after all. (Choose one)

[ ] It is still a bit early in the day for it, but there are probably some festivities going on and bars that are open early. Try and find one to relax.
[ ] Scout out the other hotels in the area. You have a chance of running into a politician, military official, or a more 'professional' pilot. All of whom might be good people to know.
[ ] Head back to your hotel and get an early dinner or late lunch there. You'll probably be able to find more of your fellow discount pilots to talk shop with.
[ ] Go back to the showrooms and... No. You can't go back there. Not today at least.
[ ] New Daímonas City is not a reputable city and there are some casinos where they'll be taking bets on the tournament along with having their regular games to gamble on.
[ ] Find a decent cafe or restaurant to get a meal at in the area. Some place a bit more quiet than the rest of the city.
[ ] See if you can get an early look at the auction hall. Might be worth seeing what else will be put up for sale there and whether there is anyone you'll have to worry about bidding against.

I now accept if I update more than once a week then it will be a fluke. First part of this fought me too much and didn't really have time for. I think it instead led to me going overboard with Zalgo text which I might tone down later. Sorry. Wanted an interface screw but trying to get it to be messed up and legible is a balance I believe I failed. Invisitext under or next to the weird text should have a translation.

For the showcase, I'd say the first D-Herman job would probably be the best. 75% medical coverage and a nice 15k for our time.
The second D-Herman or the first Schubaltz one could also be an option, boasting 20k and 50% medical coverage. no way in hell am I even thinking of supporting the Helic Mil-Sci job, no way jose. that's just asking for us to get Bad Ended. plus while the payoff is great, odds are pretty goddamned likely we'd be blowing the bulk of that on medical bills, which isn't what we want to be doing. similarly, the Second Zi-Arms Job is also right-out for the same reason.

For the reenactment I kinda feel like the Maroll Republic slot would be a good one. we'd be on the losing side for a while, but we should be able to make up for it to an extent.

Also holy shit that zalgotext. I am legit worried about what these pinheads are meddling with now. Don't tell me they have a piece of the goddamned Death Saurer here?! :o
[CONCERNED ROBOT NOISES]

[ ] The first ZOITEC job. 10,000 and 80% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Low)
[ ] The second ZOITEC job 15,000 and 50% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Medium)

They got the Leoblaze there

[ ] The first D-Herman Corporation job. 15,000 and 75% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Medium)
[ ] The second D-Herman Corporation job. 20,000 and 50% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Medium-High)

Liger Zero and Shadow Fox.

[ ] The first Zi-Arms job. 15,000 and 60% medical coverage. (Difficulty :Medium)
[ ] The second Zi-Arms job. 50,000 and 10% medical cover. (Difficulty : Very High)

Geno Breaker and Geno Saurer for the hard one.

[ ] The first Schubaltz Industries job. 20,000 and 50% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Medium-High)
[ ] The second Schubaltz Industries. 30,000 and 35% medical cover. (Difficulty : High)

Berserk Fury and Lord Gale. But I'm leery of them because they're trying to showcase their auto turrets and that PROBABLY means setting some sucker up to take a fall.

[ ] The Helic Republic Military Science job. 75,000 and 25% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Extremely High)

Ancient relics. I'm guessing this is bait for us because its REALLY not supposed to activate for anyone

[X] The first D-Herman Corporation job. 15,000 and 75% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Medium)
[X] Republic of Marroll. You'll get better options for a Zoid to start with and be able to stand out more if you survive until the 'cavalry' arrives. In exchange for this sampling of the spotlight, you'll have to deal with more attention and a lot more enemy fire.
[X] See if you can get an early look at the auction hall. Might be worth seeing what else will be put up for sale there and whether there is anyone you'll have to worry about bidding against.

[X] The first D-Herman Corporation job. 15,000 and 75% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Medium)
[X] Republic of Marroll. You'll get better options for a Zoid to start with and be able to stand out more if you survive until the 'cavalry' arrives. In exchange for this sampling of the spotlight, you'll have to deal with more attention and a lot more enemy fire.
[X] See if you can get an early look at the auction hall. Might be worth seeing what else will be put up for sale there and whether there is anyone you'll have to worry about bidding against.

Well shit, didn't expect that going into the hall. Lordy lord we got trouble a-brewing. And I bet you dollars to cents the thing we're trying to buy at the auction is pulling the exact same shit. Possible it's more benevolent, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

[X] The first Schubaltz Industries job. 20,000 and 50% medical coverage. (Difficulty : Medium-High)

Picking this one on the off chance it has us cross paths with a Berserk Fury.

A harder first half of the fight, but once we get past that part it's smooth sailing.

Sure, let's go poke the possibility evil shiny.

Back