Yeah I was very confused at the mention of Blackreach being DLC because in Skyrim it's absolutely basegame. Bunch of dwemer ruins in there so might be a good shout, but if you need multiple centurions you'll need to hit multiple big dwemer ruins. Not so sure about reliable spiders and spheres though besides purge all the dwemer ruins.

Yeah I was very confused at the mention of Blackreach being DLC because in Skyrim it's absolutely basegame. Bunch of dwemer ruins in there so might be a good shout, but if you need multiple centurions you'll need to hit multiple big dwemer ruins. Not so sure about reliable spiders and spheres though besides purge all the dwemer ruins.
Well I have the rabbit hole installed and there is a level in it where there are a bunch of dwarven automata that spawn, and I think on higher levels it spawns just centurions but I'm not sure.

Otherwise, I'm gonna continue looking for blackrock and see if I can get lucky. Oh and looking for any good race mods or armor/weapon mods.

Edit:Well I think I found a audio bug or something, had to reorder my mod list because I've found a mod that conflicted with a home I've installed, and now my characters are mute, anyone have any advice? @Scooby Doo.

Last edited:
This is more a lore question than game one, but I've been thinking. Isn't the usage of bonemold armour far more fitting in terms of both aesthetic and thematic design alongside being environmentally fitting for the Bosmer and argonians to use rather than the Dunmer?

I know it's an iconic staple of the depiction of the Dunmer in general, but isn't it more fitting for a group like the Bosmer to create and implement something along the lines of bonemold armour? Or the argonians considering that they inhabit a massive swamp environment making access to ores incredibly difficult? I feel like it would make more sense for either of them to use it.

That probably has to do we haven't really seen any Valenwood stuff in the mainstream series. If we were to be there, we'd probably have the bone armor stuff. After all, Imperials, Bretons and Redguard have knights, nothing wrong with that.

Mandatory: I haven't played TESO comment.

Bosmer are forbidden from wood, not leather and metal. Regular armor is fully Greenpact compliant.

It depends ESO has Bosmer strictness going from no wood from anywhere or 2nd or 3rd hand to the lenient if it fell from a tree it's a reject acceptable to consume.

A Bosmer can eat an apple if part of the latter as long as he somehow managed to see an apple naturally fall and probably even use a branch or tree that fell.

Not gonna lie, a bunch of treehugger elves breaking typecasting and showing up to battle with a bunch of guys in full ass heavy armour is pretty cool.

That doesn't take into account the sheer difficulty that they have in accessing different metals, being unable to actually mine in any great qualities. Can't set up a mineshaft if you have to knock over a few trees to do it.

That's why you invade Elsweyr or western Cyrodiil.

Not gonna lie, a bunch of treehugger elves breaking typecasting and showing up to battle with a bunch of guys in full ass heavy armour is pretty cool.

That's why you invade Elsweyr or western Cyrodiil.
Magic leads down paths many would fine BS.
After all sturdy tree roots would work for shafting purposes.

Yeah, but this leads into my secondary point. The Bosmer adherence to the Green Pact means that they are only supposed to devour living creatures and leave any flora alone, so shouldn't that mean that they have a fundamental need to use literally every part of a body in order to provide for themselves? The usage of Bonemold material provides a massive benefit in equipment, armour, weaponry, etcetera at least equivalent to that of metallic tools.

Doesn't it just make thematic sense for a faction entirely based around devouring and utilizing the bodies of what they hunt to create something like Bonemold armor?

For what it is worth, PTR seems to be going in the direction that bonemold is a Dunmer thing, but bone equipment is a more general thing and indeed is common in Valenwood.

For what it is worth, PTR seems to be going in the direction that bonemold is a Dunmer thing, but bone equipment is a more general thing and indeed is common in Valenwood.
For what its worth, my understanding / partial headcanon is that bomemold was created by the Dunmer of Vvardenfell/Northern Morrowind's ash wastes due to a dearth of wood in amounts suitable for use in smelting metal, and was specific to the dunmer because bonemold was actually more of a bone/resin composite, where the resin was obtained from fauna native to Morrowind, and not available elsewhere.

Time for my hot take of the day, but the idea of the different 'Provinces' within TES and Tamriel at large should be destroyed, or at the very least warped from their original depictions from Oblivion. Having them be the same consistent depiction from Oblivion and even Morrowind directly cripples any attempts to introduce radical change or interesting long-term developments due to the codified nature and presentation of each section of Tamriel. While the setting has a historical cycle of rising and falling empires based in Cyrodiil, the absolute adherence to this conceptual idea that each of these regions are just 'like that' and will always remain 'like that' undermines the most interesting aspects of the wider setting itself.

TES is a series that thrives and provides the most interesting and engaging elements when it has a chance to actually explore different cultural backgrounds based on interesting fantasy environments. By reducing each region to a specific collection of groups, and defining different cultural groups under a singular label, it's basically shooting itself in the head in preventing interesting exploration of fun ideas.

So, apparently someone fed Dagoth Ur's dialogue into an AI and have created what I understand to be essentially a Dagoth Ur Vocaloid. Much fun is being had by all, but one particular example of this trend just makes me giggle uncontrollably, and has resulted in my Canon perception of the Nerevarine being a happy-go-lucky lusophone Argonian:

View: https://youtu.be/3AgaKAwEyo0

Edit: to be clear, what I find funny is the idea of Dagoth Ur - an eldritch being of ancient and immense power - being so flummoxed that the Nerevarine, the being fated to destroy him is an Argonian - a Species most Dunmer consider to be little better than livestock - that he begins to verbally dig himself into a hole so deep he'll run into Blackreach. All the whole the Nerevarine smiles placidly on. . . While reaching for sunder.

Last edited:
You know, it occures that the fact that Dagoth Ur is become an AI, a being neither dead nor alive, and starting to invade the collective meme-space of the human race is - given what his plan was in Morrowind - probably causing Kirkbride to just start laughing madly.. .

Who knew he would lose in Morrowind, only to win in Terra?

You know, it occures that the fact that Dagoth Ur is become an AI, a being neither dead nor alive, and starting to invade the collective meme-space of the human race is - given what his plan was in Morrowind - probably causing Kirkbride to just start laughing madly.. .

Who knew he would lose in Morrowind, only to win in Terra?
Even aside from the AI stuff, Dagoth Ur has been prominent in memes for years now. Certainly helps that he's by far the best antagonist in the series.

Back