Shards of a Broken Sun [Deprecated; see link in final post for remake]

Not a landslide victory for either side. How about controlling both? I think that could work out.

Speaking of votes,
{X} Go further back in time, to when you first became aware of Rock - everything that happened to Yuu, even if it isn't really your story to tell

Very well. If that is what you desire.

Baughn said:
Not a landslide victory for either side. How about controlling both? I think that could work out.

Speaking of votes,
{X} Go further back in time, to when you first became aware of Rock - everything that happened to Yuu, even if it isn't really your story to tell

I did come up with a stunt for that :(

I'm also okay with controlling both!

Baughn said:
Do I have the right to give an "I told you so" to everyone if this goes as bad as this line implies? ... Do she know where Saya lives by chance? She might need a place to stay. And I really want her to meet Amu.

I can see it now "Amu and Matou. Saving the World one Adorable OHGODWHY! at a time."

Controlling both... I hope that will end for the best. I kind of would have liked to have you on the Shard so we didn't forget something critical or do something extremely stupid (Its SB, it will happen at some point), but... *Shrug* Eh.

Well, it's up to you guys, at least until I get Matou to catch up with Monday. Votes run the world, and all that.

Yeah, I hope people grab my stunt at the very least. Even if it's a bit reckless.

I wish I could have come up with something better, but I just don't know enough about the people involved. I can get away with it for the main storyline because I'm familiar Enough with most of the source material, and it's easier still when we're controlling the Exaltation, because I don't need to worry about breaking character.

(Incidentally, my mental image of a chibified #60 is a four-armed guy in a sleeveless tunic and hakama, with a feathered fan in one hand and one of those big fancy hats. Kind of Zhuge Liang meets Roman Fantasy)

Vote Change

{X} Alectai

It sure as hell has a better chance than the current one... at least it won't break her Mom as badly. And outing Yuu's story like that is a dick move people.
Baughn said:
Soo... about that rooming with Saya? (Actually, come to think of it, isn't Yuu already staying with her?)

{x} Alectai

Don't think I voted on this bit yet.

Oh, and a bit of late night, half-asleep rumination: Do Amu and her Charas share quick learn slots, or do they each get their own set? If it's separate, they could be loaded up with that teaching stuff to either do that while Amu goes off to do the Glorious Solar thing, or at least expand the potential class sizes if Amu does stay put to do that once this week is over(and if the Shard ends up Chara-fied somehow, it could potentially chip in as well).

Um, okay...

I'm very, very tempted to say "The vote is already called, it's too late for this"... but I haven't actually written down the parts that'd be different yet.

(...)

Oh well, I guess this comes out with Al'Ectai in the lead. As you wish.

........ said:
Oh, and a bit of late night, half-asleep rumination: Do Amu and her Charas share quick learn slots, or do they each get their own set? If it's separate, they could be loaded up with that teaching stuff to either do that while Amu goes off to do the Glorious Solar thing, or at least expand the potential class sizes if Amu does stay put to do that once this week is over(and if the Shard ends up Chara-fied somehow, it could potentially chip in as well).
No, the charas are not exalted. They cannot use charms.

At the moment that's how it is.

Baughn said:
No, the charas are not exalted. They cannot use charms.

At the moment that's how it is.
Can't Enlightened learn Excellencies though?
Baughn said:
Um, okay...

I'm very, very tempted to say "The vote is already called, it's too late for this"... but I haven't actually written down the parts that'd be different yet.

(...)

Oh well, I guess this comes out with Al'Ectai in the lead. As you wish.
I still think this is going to end horribly but at least we won't spill Yuu's story this way.

:(

I wish I could do more, but this is really the best stunt I can think of. If a disaster happens, I apologize sincerely, I'm way out of my comfort zone here.

Alectai said:
:(

I wish I could do more, but this is really the best stunt I can think of. If a disaster happens, I apologize sincerely, I'm way out of my comfort zone here.
I actually found and read the vote and laughed pretty hard at this
You're still You, you still love your family and friends, and Rock's really no different, just a bit more passionate about it.
Said the girl about the Shadow she refused to accept or reject.

T_T I STILL FEEL STRESSED OUT ALL THE TIME!

Especialy when "As you wiisshhhh" gets tossed out.

I can't help but feel my freak outs are the nectar that keeps Baughn writing though.

Alectai said:
Especialy when "As you wiisshhhh" gets tossed out.
I guess Baughn is kind of good at making statements that makes one lose confidence. It's just the statement in a hard mode thing to make one nervous, yup.

Though I guess technically Matou herself isn't the hard mode thing. How bad she has things will be in part dependent on what Amu and other influential characters do. Who luckily already managed to eliminate threat number one. So that's something.

Quickshot0 said:
Though I guess technically Matou herself isn't the hard mode thing. How bad she has things will be in part dependent on what Amu and other influential characters do. Who luckily already managed to eliminate threat number one. So that's something.
She's still hard mode, in that her position is more fragile.

It would take serious work for Amu to alienate her friends and family, and she isn't the sort of person who'd go anywhere close. It would be easier to alienate JPs, but her position there is also solidifying. And while there are some serious opposing forces, none of them are both able and willing to enact plans that would be able to quickly defeat her. Long-term, perhaps, but in the short term the most you have to fear is erosion.

Matou? None of this is true. Her friends are all mentally unstable; her best friend - and the only sane one of the lot - is already dead; the adults in her life are largely part of the problem. Her mother isn't going to flip out - well, not as easily as Matou might - but she isn't as thoroughly supportive as Midori is, and she doesn't have a life partner to support her.

And, oh yes, Matou herself is about as stable as Krakatoa. Hard to kill, but if she ends up as nothing but some sort of spirit of vengeance... well, she'd technically still be alive, but I'd say you'll have lost.

..the above is the case if Amu manages to keep things under control overall. If she doesn't, then Matou will have a harder time.

Oh boy :(

I do hope my Stunt has gone and helped mitigate that a bit at least. Because this becoming clear would be a Thing eventually anyway, and getting it over with relatively intact is probably for the best.

Oh god you're making me feel horrible Baughn :(

Then again, the pressure to do right by these poor people have let me consistently whip quality stunts and write-ins, so maybe it's for the best?

mastigos2 said:
Depending on how things go, and exactly what the target and method of the spirit of vengeance is, I could see that potentially actually being a useful thing to have happen. Sucks for Matou of course but a spirit of "kill those fucking monsters that keep killing everybody and ruining everything" could be a net positive for humanity as a whole
We already have one Nyarlathotep, and you want a second one?

Back