Shards of a Broken Sun [Deprecated; see link in final post for remake]

Frankly 'Being (X) is Suffering' is a good description for this entire setting holy shit.

Hmm, I notice that Mato's recovered her third Dexterity Dot? How long until she gets her Essence back up to 2, and gets roughly back to full current potential?

Frankly 'Being (X) is Suffering' is a good description for this entire setting holy shit.

Hmm, I notice that Mato's recovered her third Dexterity Dot? How long until she gets her Essence back up to 2, and gets roughly back to full current potential?
There are plenty of hints for that in the first part of the update~

She'll need some character-building experiences.

--

As to Sakura, well, I think I'm being faithful to her character in letting her give her life to protect her friends. She just didn't happen to have the sort of magic that would have let her survive the experience.

Last edited:
But she lived in Osaka, so clearly she wasn't the same one. Right?
Yeah, it's not like Tomoeda was in Kansai and book with Kerberos and cards were kept in Osaka for a long time... oh wait!!!

THE Kinomoto Sakura? Well, no. A Kinomoto Sakura? :(:(:( It just requires her father taking position in one of Osaka's universities.

PS. And now I just realised that another most likely member of unit would be angry-ANGRY Touya... Who was IIRC yet another potential magical powerhouse if not of Sakura's level...

Last edited:
{X} Yes. I'll do it.

So, actually acting to help protect the city and help the girl who saved us? As if there's any other choice. Which doesn'the mean there won'the be problems and danger, I just think it will be better to confront them as they come rather than hide at home and what for someone else to help the town.

I'd comment more on the first half of that update, but it's been five years since the LP, so I can't remember much outside of vague things about Colors, Sisters, and Brothers.

Of course, I could be reading a reference into something where there isn't one

{X} Yes. I'll do it.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Black Rock Mato is back! And not dead or arrested or suffering more than usual too!
A shame Sakura Kinomoto died, but hey, at least someone survived that ordeal.

But on the matter of the vote, shouldn't we wake Saya up first?

I mean, I'm all for helping people and we should probably accept the offer anyway, but she's right there and has more info for us.
And yeah, Mato's mother should get a heads up before we accept.

I'd comment more on the first half of that update, but it's been five years since the LP, so I can't remember much outside of vague things about Colors, Sisters, and Brothers.

Of course, I could be reading a reference into something where there isn't one
No, that's absolutely the correct reference. That doesn't make this a crossover, as I'm using thematic elements only, but... well, when we're talking about something like this, "thematic elements" go a long, long way.

No, that's absolutely the correct reference. That doesn't make this a crossover, as I'm using thematic elements only, but... well, when we're talking about something like this, "thematic elements" go a long, long way.

... The Void?.

Oh... Oh god, we don't have to turn everything into Nerva and eat all the Color so that we can leave The Void or send someone out of it so we can get a cryptic paragraph from an unknown narrator that answers absolutely nothing?

Last edited:
... The Void?.

Oh... Oh god, we don't have to turn everything into Nerva and eat all the Color so that we can leave The Void or send someone out of it so we can get a cryptic paragraph from an unknown narrator that answers absolutely nothing?
Hardly. Mato is still alive.

The "void" in question is what you'd be looking at if her soul lost all its color. Or... very nearly all, I suppose

Do...

Do we have to worry about the Scorpios?

Then again, it does seem that we're "Rebuilding" Mato, and that she's "Gotten Better" because she's added a dash of "Green" (For Defense!) Into her pallet?

Would any of you mind telling me what the reference is?
Beacuse I have no idea beyond something about colors.

Would any of you mind telling me what the reference is?
Beacuse I have no idea beyond something about colors.

http://lparchive.org/The-Void/

Educate thyself!

(Anyway, in case you're wondering about my most recent reference... The Scorpios show up when you've returned too much Color into the Void, and they basically act as parasites that leech off of the available sources. Usually, them showing up means that you're probably going to lose, because scrounging up all the Color that you can and husbanding it wisely is one of the key bits of the game, especially as you can't get any of the "Non Bad Endings" unless you've nearly maxed your capacity after completing all of the prerequisite details.)

Last edited:
Do...

Do we have to worry about the Scorpios?

Then again, it does seem that we're "Rebuilding" Mato, and that she's "Gotten Better" because she's added a dash of "Green" (For Defense!) Into her pallet?
Oh, you're misunderstanding the scale of this.

My own interpretation of The Void has been that it's set in... well, the last, fading remnants of a dying soul. Literally so. Each of the sisters represent one aspect of the original person's personality, but most of it was already dead before the game started, slowly sliding into oblivion. What it's not, is integrated. You have half a dozen fragments, none of which make up a complete person...

Mato's soul is stressed, and had cracked nearly in half, but it's healing. It's healing weirdly, under different conditions than those of a human... still, she is unlikely to fall apart right at this moment.

For one of those things to worry her would be like her left thumb rising up in rebellion.

And for more education, bearing in mind that this is not actually a crossover, even I borrow some mechanics...

(Oh, hmm. That's the same one.)

Last edited:
So, basically, she broke, but most of the pieces are still in place, and she's now regenerating on "What the Fuck" physics rather than a more conventional model, and she'll grow depending on the actions she takes while "Recovering?"

So, basically, she broke, but most of the pieces are still in place, and she's now regenerating on "What the Fuck" physics rather than a more conventional model, and she'll grow depending on the actions she takes while "Recovering?"
And it'll probably be color-themed.

What can I say? It fits well with BRS canon. :p

Many thanks, Gentlemen.
I just want to say this again, but I absolutely love the Mato segments.

Fair enough :p

That being said "Black for Damnation" and "Blue for a Shattered Soul", that isn't all that they mean, is it? The description we got for "Green" was both good and bad after all.
It's not, but there's little good to be said for black; it is, at best, insanity. Perhaps in very small doses, it might be useful.

For all of them, their usefulness depends on how Mato approaches it. There's a bit more at http://forums.sufficientvelocity.co...of-the-crawling-chaos.3864/page-8#post-701148.

...not sure how accurately that "trailer" describes the current state of events. :p

... I Completely forgot about that trailer.

Gosh.

Still, at least a little insanity probably helps in a world gone completely bonkers. As long as you can control it anyway.

Last edited:
Back